PDA

View Full Version : The Post Are So Nice They're Boring

PAINTBALL
09-14-2003, 09:00 PM
I joined this year so I could complain about how boring the post have become. Everyone is trying to be nice that the post are boring, and in my opinion doesn't reflect the true feelings of the posters. I've followed Burnet football for over 30 years and we had some very weak teams in those years. Llano, Marble Falls, Lampasas, and Liberty Hill were anything but nice to us during those lean years. I say make hay when the sun shines, because the lean years will return. :D :D :D

Old Tiger
09-14-2003, 09:10 PM
um....did you read the policy?

3afan2K3
09-14-2003, 09:13 PM
If you say a single bad word you get ROMed. And if you want a list of banned words CLICK HERE

PAINTBALL
09-14-2003, 09:16 PM
I didn't say curse or use bad words. Just be honest in your opinions and post. Some teams are good and some stink. Why not admit it?

sinton66
09-14-2003, 09:21 PM
If you're looking for a "smack" board, this isn't it.

Old Tiger
09-14-2003, 09:26 PM
sinton66:
If you're looking for a "smack" board, this isn't it.The only "smack" talking going on here is about communist soccer :D lol haha

Bandera YaYa
09-14-2003, 09:27 PM
No smack allowed here, but we have the funnies on board! :p

PAINTBALL
09-14-2003, 09:27 PM
sinton66:
If you're looking for a "smack" board, this isn't it.A person talks smack before the event or during the event. Reporting truthfully about the quality of competition after the game is honest reporting.

Old Tiger
09-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Bandera YaYa:
No smack allowed here, but we have the funnies on board! :p Don't get me ROMed ya ya. I love soccer! lol j/k soccer is so communist! :D

3afan2K3
09-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Ya YA,
What is a "funny"

mustang04
09-14-2003, 09:37 PM
im a funny, smack is what bird poo does when it lands on ur head

spaniard
09-14-2003, 09:40 PM
mustang04:
im a funny, smack is what bird poo does when it lands on ur headnice

Bandera YaYa
09-14-2003, 09:43 PM
I HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT A FUNNY IS??? SOMEONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE FUNNY, MAYBE?

lepfan
09-14-2003, 09:44 PM
I did not realize you had to be rude to have fun here. That is what makes this place fun, you can make your comments without offending EVERYONE, not to say that some toes don't get stepped on. I think there are probably other boards that get more exciting than this if ya just gotta have trash talk. Happy hunting.

PAINTBALL
09-14-2003, 09:55 PM
lepfan:
I did not realize you had to be rude to have fun here. That is what makes this place fun, you can make your comments without offending EVERYONE, not to say that some toes don't get stepped on. I think there are probably other boards that get more exciting than this if ya just gotta have trash talk. Happy hunting.Now that's more like it. Even someone who wants to be nice can speak his mind. Telling me to go to another board is very interesting. You know, you could have hurt my feelings

lepfan
09-14-2003, 09:59 PM
PAINTBALL:

lepfan:
I did not realize you had to be rude to have fun here. That is what makes this place fun, you can make your comments without offending EVERYONE, not to say that some toes don't get stepped on. I think there are probably other boards that get more exciting than this if ya just gotta have trash talk. Happy hunting.Now that's more like it. Even someone who wants to be nice can speak his mind. Telling me to go to another board is very interesting. You know, you could have hurt my feelings:confused: I was not telling you to go to another board :( I was saying that you said we were all boring that you could find trash talk and excitement like that somewhere else(and still stay here....I would not want to hurt your feelings....there I go sticking my foot in my mouth AGAIN :o

<small>[ September 14, 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Ranger Mom
09-14-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm just a nice person!! I don't feel any need to demean a team just because my team is fixing to play against them.

I'm not boring either..just ask any of the old-timer's on here. Sometimes I might even get a laugh out of ya!!

If you have a real need for some smack talk, you should also check out Friday Night Headbangers (http://www.Fridaynightheadbangers.com), there is so much trash and smack on that board that sometimes I get embarrased!!

But anyway, welcome aboard!! Hopefully you will grow to like us....if not, well all I can say is "that is your loss!!
:p :p :p

mustang04
09-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Bandera YA YA, are you trying to say im not funny....that breaks my heart to know im not funny anymore. Amen Rangermom. its anybody's loss if they dont want to be apart of this board

Chief Woodman
09-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Boring can be good for the blood pressure.

trojandad
09-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Let's be easy on the guy.

Paintball, your team sucks!

Btw, who's your team again?

Ranger Mom
09-14-2003, 10:46 PM
trojandad:
Let's be easy on the guy.

Paintball, your team sucks!

Btw, who's your team again?HeHe.....that was "a funny!!" (It was to me anyway, I am SO easily amused!!)

Rabbit'93
09-14-2003, 10:58 PM
nu uh trojandad your team sucks

although I don't know very much about them.

trojandad
09-14-2003, 11:11 PM
Hey, was just tryin to accommodate da guy. lol

Actually, our D is on fire, holding two teams to 140 yds rushing per game and holding opponents QB's to a 14.1 pass rating. Now if we only had last years offense. LOL

One good thing for us, a former QB who played DB the last two years and was gonna lay out all year to concentrate on baseball full time saw how pass conscious our new coach was and rejoined the team last week. Can throw the ball like crazy, he just wasn't the runner that Darius was the last two years and running the bone didn't allow for much passing. But he ran the offense this past week and PRAISE GOD, no center snap fumbles. LOL

This senior class was undefeated under this QB for 2 years earlier in their play and they have a ton of confidence in him. HOPEFULLY that will help the offense some, otherwise I might have to agree with '93.

Bandera YaYa
09-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Give the new guy a break...when I first got on here, I didn't know what to think about alot of stuff said on here or about some of the posters, now, of course, I am a pro! (lol)

Hey, it definitly grows on you...you can see I spend alot of time on here..so it can't be all bad. Actually, I have grown close to alot of the people on here....or I feel that way, at least.
I'm a lover not a fighter......but I do like a good argument!!!

Peace and Ya Ya!!

lepfan
09-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Chief Woodman:
Boring can be good for the blood pressure.Especially at this age!!! :)

spaniard
09-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Rabbit'93:
nu uh trojandad your team sucks

although I don't know very much about them.ill settle this whole argument right now, everyones team stinks, except for south san antonio west high school who is ranked #206 in 3a

vet93
09-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Paintball...I understand your point. I think that the goal is to be honest and nice at the same time. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade...but...we have to remember that when we post something on this board that it is like yelling it from a downtown balcony or a crowded theater. Kids (players and fans) read these posts and as an adult we have the responsibility of telling the truth and yet not doing harm to these kids at the same time. The teams that are really bad don't need you or me to tell them they are bad. There is nothing wrong with saying a team didn't play well...but turning that into some type of smack talk or personal attack for the sake of not being boring or for the sake of tearing that team down is shallow and small-minded...That is as honest as I can be about the situation...by the way...YOUR MAMA WEARS ARMY BOOTS AND YOUR TEAM COULDN'T BEAT THE TINY TOTS PRESCHOOL T-BALL TEAM!!! How's that for some smack wink

trojandad
09-14-2003, 11:37 PM
ROFL @ vet !!

sinton66
09-14-2003, 11:38 PM
:D :D :D :D

PAINTBALL
09-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all the post. I see most of you have a good sense of humor. Now for some honest football talk. I like to try and place the 3A teams in Piers with Pier 1 being the highest quality teams and Pier 5 being the teams going through a very lean year. I believe every team in the same tier can beat another team in that tier on any night. The teams one tier down can beat a team in the higher tier if turnovers or penalties go their way, but usually a team has no chance to beat a team more than 1 tier above them. If they do it is a major upset.
I firmly believe that Burnet is a Tier 1 team this year. What I don't know is how many other tier 1 teams there are in 3A this year. I'm sure Everman is, probably Sinton and Jasper and maybe Marlin. How about some imput on this concept.

trojandad
09-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Are we "Pier"ing or "Tier"ing? wink wink wink

xlr8tor
09-15-2003, 04:20 PM
I like the concept. Here's some teams that I would put in tier 1.

Burnet
Marlin
Everman
Newton
Greenwood
Sweetwater
Daingerfield
Rice Cons.

Possibles/on the brink if not there already
Jasper
Gilmer
Bellville
Gainesville
Ballinger
Navasota
Forney
Atlanta
Kennedale

Hard to say where the line is exactly drawn. Just my take.

PAINTBALL
09-15-2003, 04:27 PM
trojandad:
Are we "Pier"ing or "Tier"ing? wink wink wink :cool: OOPS tiering

vet93
09-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Good question Paintball...a topic like this deserves its own thread! Question...when you put teams in tiers...is that on a year to year basis or is this based on traditional performance? I think xlr8tor has a good list started.

xlr8tor
09-15-2003, 04:36 PM
My list was just based on this year. Traditionally I'd have to add quite a few to that list. Just my take.

PAINTBALL
09-15-2003, 04:41 PM
In high school football, a team has to be looked at on a year to year basis. Some programs seem to reload rather than rebuild, but in my opinion usually teams seem to come and go in 2 and 3 year spurts.

Chief Woodman
09-15-2003, 05:04 PM
xlr8tor:

Burnet
Marlin
Everman
Newton
Greenwood
Sweetwater
Daingerfield
Rice Cons.

Jasper
Gilmer
Bellville
Gainesville
Ballinger
Navasota
Forney
Atlanta
Kennedale

Hard to say where the line is exactly drawn. Just my take.I notice Decatur is no where on your list. Last year in the reginal semi, Decatur lost to Sweetwater by 3 points. That was with a QB who had a broken foot and sprained ankle. The injuries eliminated all QB draws and rollout pass protections. Even at that, the last play of the the game had Decatur being tackled on the 1 yard line. The week after that, Sweetwater/Greenwood could have went either way.

With ALL of Decatur's weapons back....seems that they should be considered in the same tier or pier with Sweetwater/Greenwood. Just food for thought.

vet93
09-15-2003, 05:23 PM
I agree with the Chief...Decatur should be considered for a Tier 1 team this year...certainly no less than a tier 2.

trojandad
09-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Darn, I thought we were ranking Beer 1 and Beer 2 teams.

PAINTBALL
09-15-2003, 06:01 PM
The only other 3A team I've seen play this year is Gatesville. I would rate them as a quality Tier 2 team. By the time the playoffs get here they could be a Tier 1 team if they stay healthy in key positions. :D

xlr8tor
09-16-2003, 01:46 AM
Chief Woodman:

xlr8tor:

Burnet
Marlin
Everman
Newton
Greenwood
Sweetwater
Daingerfield
Rice Cons.

Jasper
Gilmer
Bellville
Gainesville
Ballinger
Navasota
Forney
Atlanta
Kennedale

Hard to say where the line is exactly drawn. Just my take.I notice Decatur is no where on your list. Last year in the reginal semi, Decatur lost to Sweetwater by 3 points. That was with a QB who had a broken foot and sprained ankle. The injuries eliminated all QB draws and rollout pass protections. Even at that, the last play of the the game had Decatur being tackled on the 1 yard line. The week after that, Sweetwater/Greenwood could have went either way.

With ALL of Decatur's weapons back....seems that they should be considered in the same tier or pier with Sweetwater/Greenwood. Just food for thought.I'd probably add Decatur to that list of possibilities, if not there, definately a good tier 2 team. Was gonna put Carthage in that list also, but after last week, not so sure. But they might be a possible also, again if not, a definate tier 2. Maybe some others I have overlooked, wouldn't be the first time. Just my take.