PDA

View Full Version : The Masters: Will Tiger Woods be in the mix on the final round this year???

regaleagle
04-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Well.....for all you golf fanatics out there like me, it's the best tournament of the year this week in golf. And with Tiger Woods back healthy and playing well again, this year's Masters will be worth the watch. Justin Thomas is 2nd in the world rankings and comes in very hot and matured. Phil Mickelson is playing very well and hits it long also. Jordan Speith finally seems to have solved some of his putting woes the last several weeks and is always a threat when his putter is going well, but he needs to drive it well too. Sergio Garcia is the defending champion from last year and seems to be best in tee to green in the stats in the last several years......he's a threat to do well here. Freddy Couples(Boom Boom) is always fun to watch for all golf fans......very popular among all the pros......NEVER count this old guy out......he's a legend in his own time. I'm all pumped for this week and have set aside all other things to watch every round, but you can watch each day's coverage at night on the Golf Channel. Heck......there are so many big names that could win this tournament it's just impossible to pick the winner......or a favorite. Typically, the long hitters from the tee do well here, but approach shots to these greens and putting can be just as important. Justin Thomas has his entire game looking very good right now......he's my pick to win it this year.....but I really pull for so many others......all American golfers. Justin Rose is also playing very well right now and primed to be in the mix, IMO.......there's just too many variables and too many gifted great golfers to pick from to even make a clear choice. There's is no dominance by one player on the PGA Tour nowadays.....maybe a Justin Thomas......but there's no clear choice among all the big names and the up-and-comers that could surprise. What a week and what a year to watch the Masters, Huh? Who do you like? I'm not pulling for Tiger to win it......just to play well.

Saggy Aggie
04-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Rickie Fowler...

44INAROW
04-05-2018, 01:24 PM
Love Masters Week.... :2thumbsup

bobcat1
04-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Jordan! I will be cooking a brisket since I can't fish.... thanks wind... Coach potato watching the Masters. Just finished round one.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 12:57 AM
Wow.....what a third round today, Huh? Patrick Reed had just an unbelievable day, but there were other golfers that actually had a better round. Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroy both shot 65 today, and Tommy Fleetwood of England shot a very good 66. Tiger made the cut and stands at 4 over.....Phil had a bad day and is at +7. Freddie Couples is still playing the final round tomorrow at +3. Jon Rahm of Spain is only 23 and is ranked like 3rd in the world right now.....he had a fantastic day today also. He's among the leaders along with Fowler, Stenson, Fleetwood, and McIlroy......all chasing Patrick Reed who has a 3 stroke lead over McIlroy. Jordan Speith could not get the putts to fall.....he's at 5 under like Justin Thomas......they will probably be paired together tomorrow for the final round.....they are close friends also. I would not be surprised to see Rahm make up the strokes again tomorrow......he has the length and game for it. McIlroy will be trying to complete the career Grand Slam in golf with a win at the Masters tomorrow......it hasn't been done by any golfer since Tiger in 2000. Only 5 golfers in history have accomplished this feat......won all the majors at least once. Dustin Johnson played with Speith today and sits at 4 under......he has the length and game too. Lots of big names lurking......like Bubba Watson at 6 under.....he's won here twice in the past. Tomorrow will be one of the better final rounds to watch in recent history.......I'm really looking forward to it. Any one of these golfers could catch some breaks or get hot with the putter and post a low score.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 01:12 AM
Rory McIlroy had only 23 putts today on 18 holes......have you EVER had a round like that??? I've had a round with 24 putts once in my entire life......I shot one under par that day. That's my best putting round EVER.......and I'm a pretty darn good putter. That's how rare and difficult it is to have only 23 putts.....unless you hit a hole in one and hole out a few on the same day. McIlroy had one hole out today from off the green.....he chipped one in.

bobcat1
04-08-2018, 09:41 AM
Patrick Reed is killing it! Rory had a great day as did Ricky. Can't wait for it to start today.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 11:44 AM
BTW>>>>Just to let everybody know a little known fact.......golf is the OLDEST sport still being played in competition today. This sport requires alot of skill sets and mental discipline just to be able to hit a round of golf. Most people that try golf and give up don't have the discipline this game requires in order to shoot good rounds. Hacking your way around a golf course is not really what this game is all about......many would argue this point......but they are all hackers, LOL. Any real and true golfer will tell you it is the greatest game ever played.....end of story. I want to golf forever......in heaven. I'ma hopin' heaven will be here on earth and last at least 1000 years.......plenty of time to become a very good golfer. In heaven.....I will have my very best body back.....Yeehaa and Yippie!!! Let's Tee It Up!!!

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 01:03 PM
I really enjoyed the special Fred Couples piece with Jim Nance before the airing of the Masters today.......it was a heartfelt story of Fred Couples and his journey to Golf Immortality......he's in the Golf Hall of Fame now. And who would have thunk that Lee Trevino was his inspiration, Huh?

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Wow.....what a performance by Jordan Speith today. He's 9 under now and just tied Patrick Reed for the lead with 3 holes left. Reed is in the final pairing two holes behind him.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Rickie Fowler is in the mix and chasing the leaders only one hole back of Speith. John Rahm is also in that twosome......and both are in the mix. McIlroy has just had too many chances slip by today......he's really not in it right now. Speith and Reed are tied for the lead at 14 under......but Reed still has 5 holes to play and Speith only 3. Fowler is 2 back at 12 under and looking at a birdie here at #14. He misses it left and remains at 12 under......2 strokes back.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 04:42 PM
John Rahm makes his birdie at #14 and joins Fowler at 12 under......both just two strokes back now with 4 holes to play.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Speith's birdie attempt on 17 slides by as Reed is staring at birdie on #14. Fowler hits the par 5 in 2 on 15 and can 2-putt for a birdie. Patrick Reed birdies #14 to take back the lead at 15 under. Speith makes his par on 17 to remain at 14 under par and 9 under for this final round. Rahm's approach to #15 hits short of the green and bounces backward down the slope into the water. He can still par the hole.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Speith's drive on 18 just clipped the top limb of a tree on the left side of the fairway. He will have a loong way to go to get to this green in regulation. Speith will have to lay up and play for a par to finish out this final round. A par here will now be like making a birdie.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Rahm bogeys the par 5 15th after going in the water while Fowler birdies it to go to 13 under......two shots back of Reed and one behind Speith. Speith can only hope Reed bogeys somewhere on his way home. Fowler still has a few holes left though.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Speith's 3rd shot is a good one and only about 7 feet below the hole......a makeable putt for par to finish his tournament at 14 under and the low round of the day at 9 under.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:05 PM
For a course record if Speith makes this putt.....misses it outside right.....he shoots a 64 in the final round. But it's a bogey and he drops to 13 under as Reed stands on top at 15 under with 4 holes left. Only Rickie Fowler is left to challenge Reed for this title.......he's two strokes back and one hole ahead of Reed.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Reed pars 15 and has 3 holes left now. Fowler pars 16 and has two holes left to make a move. He needs to at least find a birdie somewhere.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Speith is the leader in the clubhouse at 13 under, Fowler is tied at 13 under on the 17th, and Reed is on the 16th tee leading this tournament at 15 under. Looks like Reed needs to screw up and Fowler needs a birdie to send this tournament to a playoff.....but Reed looks like he is in control of his swing. Great play by Jordan Speith today......only mistake was that drive on 18.....and it led to a bogey and dropped shot. If he makes par there, he sets a new course record of 63 at Augusta and does it on the final round......that's playing great golf when it counts most, folks.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Fowler and Rahm both par 17 and Reed is in the 2nd cut off the fairway on 16. Bubba Watson finishes at 9 under.....a tie for 5th. We think Reed will have a clear shot to the green....even though it's in the rough.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Reed is just on the far left side of the front of the green.......a looong way from the pin, but he can still par it.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Patrick Reed's 75 foot putt attempt on 17 actually lipped out of the hole and ran about 5 feet past......really an unbelievable putt in this situation. Stenson birdies 18 to tie for 5th at 9 under. Rickie's approach to the 18th green is only 5 feet short of the flag.....so he's looking at making a birdie here and putting the pressure on Reed. Reed pars 17 and has only the 18th left now for the win.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Fowler makes his birdie on 18 to shoot a 67 today.....12 under for the weekend.....but remains one shot back of Reed at 14 under and leader in the clubhouse. Reed has a stroke lead now and a par will secure the win. Rahm pars 18 and ends up with a 69 today for a 4th place finish at 11 under.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:37 PM
At age 28, Rory McIlroy will have other chances to get the Green Jacket and win this tournament to fulfill his career Grand Slam and join 5 others in this exclusive club. Today was just not his day on the course.....it's a very difficult and fleeting thing to do to capture this career Grand Slam.....just ask Phil Mickelson and others throughout golf history.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Reed is on the green now at 18 watching McIlroy's putt fall just short. McIlroy will finish for par at 9 under for another player tied for 5th place. Now Reed needs a two putt for the win.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:41 PM
It's a longish downhill breaking putt, but he should be able to let it fall down the hill. There it goes.....it ends up about 3 feet past the hole. Now for the win.....he needs this putt to fall.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Patrick Reed is your new Masters Champion at Augusta and wins his first major. He shoots 71 to win it today......it was certainly not an easy ride with that 3 stroke lead to start the final round. Now Sergio as last year's Champion will be doing the honors of fitting him with his own Green Jacket. Join the club Patrick.....it's an exclusive and most highly sought club to join as a major champion.

regaleagle
04-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Congratulations to a very fine golfer and one of Augusta's own.....he attended Augusta University on their golf team as a collegiant. He led them to two titles in their division.....and today he has come home. He's a Masters Champion and is greatly deserving of this title. It was fitting for him to win his first major of his career here.....what a great story for Masters Champion Patrick Reed. He's come full circle now.

Saggy Aggie
04-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Rickie Fowler...

Damn I almost nailed it with this one.... Patrick reed, just like we all thought

bobcat1
04-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Congrats to Patrick Reed. Great rounds by Ricky Fowler and My goodness Jordan Speith! All 3 Americans, 2 live in Texas. Gotta love that!