PDA

View Full Version : Angleton's Ryan Roark resigns as head football coach

Scoop27
03-30-2018, 04:37 PM
From Brazosport Facts

Angleton’s Ryan Roark has been roaming football sidelines for the past 29 seasons. On Thursday, after considerable thought, he decided his time was up.

“It was something that my wife and I, we’ve been looking over some opportunities that I’ve been given over the past several months,” Roark said. “Long story short, during spring break, I went to go visit a guy about a company with an offer in the private sector. I’ve been eligible for retirement for the past couple of years now. But just to have the opportunity to have more freedom, to spend more time with my family, it was such a good offer, I could not pass up.”

44INAROW
03-30-2018, 08:08 PM
From Brazosport Facts

Angleton’s Ryan Roark has been roaming football sidelines for the past 29 seasons. On Thursday, after considerable thought, he decided his time was up.

“It was something that my wife and I, we’ve been looking over some opportunities that I’ve been given over the past several months,” Roark said. “Long story short, during spring break, I went to go visit a guy about a company with an offer in the private sector. I’ve been eligible for retirement for the past couple of years now. But just to have the opportunity to have more freedom, to spend more time with my family, it was such a good offer, I could not pass up.”

Ryan was my oldest son’s favorite teacher and coach while In high school. I wish him well in the next chapter of his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zebrablue2
04-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Heck of a coach, I wish him all the best.

SouthTexas Lobo
04-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Heck of a coach, I wish him all the best.

Wow, congrats to Ryan on moving out of coaching into the private sector. Ryan is a heck of a coach, and an even better person. I wish him luck, and time will tell if that old urge will come back to roam the sideline.