PDA

View Full Version : Goad to leave Navarro for Hays

SaltySixes
02-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Saw this on twitter can anyone confirm? BOC?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-26-2018, 08:57 PM
Saw this on twitter can anyone confirm? BOC?

If it's posted by Matt Stepp, it must be true.

44INAROW
02-26-2018, 09:04 PM

I’d say if Matt posted, it’s pretty reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaltySixes
02-26-2018, 09:37 PM

Thats what I thought too. What a bummer!

Matthew328
02-26-2018, 09:56 PM
Thats what I thought too. What a bummer!

Thanks ya'll

rb585
02-26-2018, 10:52 PM
Mixed emotions:

1. Glad to see him gone because I hate the Winged-T and I hate it more that he kicked our asses with it a bunch of years. But...

2. The Winged T in 6A? Against Westlake and Lake Travis????

bag-o-chips
02-27-2018, 12:21 AM
Yes it is true. Actually the Slot T is different but Goad also suits his offense to his players. Sorry Salty for not posting sooner. I saw they were applicants last week then heard they were on the short list. 107 wins in 11 years is damn good no matter who you are! Best wishes to Les and also Bruce Salmon at Marion is going to Hays Lehmann! Goad will still beat him every year!!!

bag-o-chips
02-27-2018, 12:23 AM
I would imagine the bump in pay will be pretty big for both of them as well! I think it is similar to when Nelms left Wimberley. Look after retirement with TRS

SaltySixes
02-27-2018, 01:27 AM
I would imagine the bump in pay will be pretty big for both of them as well! I think it is similar to when Nelms left Wimberley. Look after retirement with TRS

Do you think the panthers will stay with the slot-T?

bag-o-chips
02-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Do you think the panthers will stay with the slot-T?

I feel they will keep the same old system. It brought 107 wins the last 11 years

10ForTheWin
02-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Do you think the panthers will stay with the slot-T?Let's hope. Navarro isn't Navarro without the Slot-T

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

YTBulldogs
02-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Is there any 6A's that run the slot-T now? I think Les will spread it out.

bluecat
02-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Both Les Goad and Jerry Vance who was at the helm at Liberty Hill both coached under Bruce Bush at Gregory Portland before moving on to be head coaches. Les applied at GP a couple years ago when GP hired Rick Rhoades. Les moved up to 6A Buda Hays to get his retirement pay increased by getting the 6 figure salary for the last 3 yrs on his contract. It's going to be interesting to see the transition from 350-400 kids to 2000-2500 kids to choose from.

LHPfactory
02-27-2018, 12:28 PM
I believe Goad will base with what he knows very well (Slot-T) and add some spread formation in depending on talent. He builds disciplined teams and is probably the debatable second best Slot-T coach in Texas right now, I dont see him giving up what will give him a winning baseline and tweak as talent fluctuations allow.

When Vance Retired, I know Goad was one of a few good ones that wanted the LH job.

However, Jeff Walker is bar none, the best of the best from the Slot-T Mafia no ands, ifs, or butts, Im glad we got him back. A top one percent Coach.

This raises the question of who will Navarro be, you cant go half in with the Slot-T, its success is a direct reflection of the buy in from the coach, kids, and community. There are some other good Slot-T Coaches out there, but will they be willing to leave where they are.

Edna just installed the Slot with former East Bernard and Liberty Hill Coaches on staff since last fall. You also have Haire from Salado, who resurrected that program in the measure of biblical proportions, his stock is high. There is also Staff at Canyon Lake and Lockhart.

Navarro should choose wisely, dont forget where you were and The Slot-T Mafia culture that turned you into what you are...

This will be interesting to watch... Keep us updated Salty, Bag-O, and 10-For

bluecat
02-27-2018, 01:18 PM
Jerry Long now at Edna was George Harris"s OC at Gregory Portland. Small world?

bag-o-chips
02-27-2018, 06:52 PM
Whoever comes to Navarro will see a district that is growing over 5% a year and up to 2100 homes to be built on the horizon. 12 years ago the new High School was opened with just over 300 students. It was built for 650 students and today they are sitting around 630. A planning committee has been formed and looks as though they will plan at the minimum a 5A type of school and facilities! Change is coming fast!

10ForTheWin
02-27-2018, 08:18 PM
Whoever comes to Navarro will see a district that is growing over 5% a year and up to 2100 homes to be built on the horizon. 12 years ago the new High School was opened with just over 300 students. It was built for 650 students and today they are sitting around 630. A planning committee has been formed and looks as though they will plan at the minimum a 5A type of school and facilities! Change is coming fast!Awesome to hear, just need some major businesses to move into the district

arges
02-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Seguin Gazette-Enterprise and KWED confirmed this info.

rb585
02-27-2018, 09:42 PM
I believe Goad will base with what he knows very well (Slot-T) and add some spread formation in depending on talent.

This raises the question of who will Navarro be, you cant go half in with the Slot-T, its success is a direct reflection of the buy in from the coach, kids, and community.

:crazy:

arges
02-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Lots of new subdivisions going up soon in Seguin and Navarro ISD's. Will affect both districts soon. Has a lot to do with I-35 corridor which is coming closer.

rb585
02-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Whoever comes to Navarro will see a district that is growing over 5% a year and up to 2100 homes to be built on the horizon. 12 years ago the new High School was opened with just over 300 students. It was built for 650 students and today they are sitting around 630. A planning committee has been formed and looks as though they will plan at the minimum a 5A type of school and facilities! Change is coming fast!

Real terlits at the stadium are coming fast!

bag-o-chips
02-27-2018, 09:56 PM
Have real nice concessions and toilets under the bleachers now for the last several years to the tune of 800K

bag-o-chips
02-27-2018, 09:57 PM
At least we don't charge 10 bucks for a parking space !!!:wave:

bag-o-chips
02-27-2018, 09:59 PM
Lots of new subdivisions going up soon in Seguin and Navarro ISD's. Will affect both districts soon. Has a lot to do with I-35 corridor which is coming closer.
The 2 subdivisions in Seguin have been on the books for 20 years with nada. The real growth is in the Navarro district towards NB and SM. Seguins district has less students than the did 10 or so years ago.

LHPfactory
02-27-2018, 10:26 PM
:crazy:

Bet on it, watch and you will see.

In the mean time tell me why Wimberley is afraid to play a predistrict game vs LH anymore? These used to be good games but the Texans want no part of the Panthers now.

Tejastrue
02-27-2018, 10:46 PM
At least we don't charge 10 bucks for a parking space !!!:wave:

You do know that is the "tea sipper" parking area. lol

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-27-2018, 11:21 PM
I know of one Slot-T coach that's available, but unfortunately, Navarro is a bit too far from where he needs/wants to be due to personal reasons.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-27-2018, 11:24 PM
Is there any 6A's that run the slot-T now? I think Les will spread it out.

Weslaco High down in the RGV was a Slot-T team until just a year ago. They did pretty well with it, even winning some district titles and one year went 3 deep and gave one of the best teams in San Antonio all they could handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liRXmMzOGGo

bag-o-chips
02-28-2018, 07:12 AM
You do know that is the "tea sipper" parking area. lol

That explains it all!!!

rb585
02-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Bet on it, watch and you will see.

In the mean time tell me why Wimberley is afraid to play a predistrict game vs LH anymore? These used to be good games but the Texans want no part of the Panthers now.

I'm glad we don't because of that drive on a Friday evening. I'd literally rather drive to Sinton than LH for a Friday night game.

bluecat
02-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Maybe y'all can get Bruce Bush to come out of retirement? Besides his son is the HC at Seguin.

WOS87
03-01-2018, 05:13 AM
Mixed emotions:

1. Glad to see him gone because I hate the Winged-T and I hate it more that he kicked our asses with it a bunch of years. But...

2. The Winged T in 6A? Against Westlake and Lake Travis????

Never kicked ours :) But you did that one time.

LHPfactory
03-01-2018, 07:32 AM
Never kicked ours :) But you did that one time.

Three words WOS 87:
Texarkana Pleasant Grove

They gave WOS a beat down with the Wing-T in Arlington...

Acceptance is the first step to recovery...

SaltySixes
03-01-2018, 09:24 AM
Three words WOS 87:
Texarkana Pleasant Grove

They gave WOS a beat down with the Wing-T in Arlington...

Acceptance is the first step to recovery...

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. All of our schools have a similar streak going... 1L

10ForTheWin
03-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Maybe y'all can get Bruce Bush to come out of retirement? Besides his son is the HC at Seguin.I second this idea

WOS87
03-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Was 28-21 with two minutes left. That’s not a beat down. And we’ll be back at ATT this Fall for the 5th straight time and they won’t. Write it down.

SaltySixes
03-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Was 28-21 with two minutes left. That’s not a beat down. And we’ll be back at ATT this Fall for the 5th straight time and they won’t. Write it down.

Lol... At least if yall meet a slot or wing T team at ATT then the Mustangs have it in the bag.... oh wait.

WOS87
03-03-2018, 04:07 AM
Lol... At least if yall meet a slot or wing T team at ATT then the Mustangs have it in the bag.... oh wait.

How many times has Navarro beaten Kennedale? We’re 2-0. And 1-0 against you.
It obviously won’t be Navarro or Kennedale or Liberty. Undefeated against all three and dozens other. When you get to the State Finals talk to me then. Stop trolling. Just ask Sinton, Cuero, Wimberley and you the past four years.

lostaussie
03-03-2018, 08:10 AM
It obviously won’t be Navarro or Kennedale or Liberty. Undefeated against all three and dozens other. When you get to the State Finals talk to me then. Stop trolling. Just ask Sinton, Cuero, Wimberley and you the past four years.

What about us!!! Ask us:D

SaltySixes
03-03-2018, 11:27 AM

Im not trolling it just seems like if your gonna dish it out you have to ge able to take it too... i was really just referencing your countless comments about owning the slot T..

Tejastrue
03-03-2018, 03:05 PM

It has been recorded in the DL memory bank. :wave:

WOS87
03-03-2018, 08:14 PM
We lost that game yes. The last team before that that we lost to with that offense was Newton 4 years ago. Two state champs. And shut up Gilmer lol!

Gobblerfan
03-10-2018, 10:12 AM
Cuero owns Navarro and their Slot T!!!! Haaaaa!