PDA

View Full Version : Marion who?

wisewordsfromwiseman
10-21-2003, 08:43 PM
I know this post may be slightly outdated, but time has been a rare commodity for me. Over the past couple of weeks, I've browsed the message board, just seeing how different schools and programs like to boast their home team. Many had strong points and came across with a bit of legitemacy, while there were those few that had no grounds for arguement. And one of those that I'd like to talk about is the Marion Bulldogs. I've had a chance to somewhat follow the Bulldogs for a few years now, and they've always had fairly decent team, except the last one and a half have been pretty rough. Now after following their season this year, and seeing them getting pasted in the non-district schedule by actual legitimate varsity football teams, it's quite a shame to see them boast beyond their means after gettin' by teams that would be in a dogfight with .500 playin a JV schedule. Who'd they beat, west campus( 30 + losing streak), Jourdanton (0-7 or something), and Poteet (a town mauled by futility for years). Now the point I'm trying to make is that it brings me a sense if sinister satisfaction to see the bulldogs get blasted and humbled by a Somerset team, that is miles beyond the JV level in which Marion has found victory. The same will probably happen again this coming week against LaVernia, so by then the Bulldogs should be grounded enough to realize that even the JV level at which they play at, will still give them a chance at playoffs if they get by Lytle. It's a crazy world we live in, and the Bulldogs are living proof....so if indeed the playoffs do find them, god have mercy on their souls.......**he has spoken**

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 08:25 AM
ok first off you are talking like a robot which is retarded. Secondly nobody has has boasted about marion. We have talked about the turn around that the team has had this year there is a very noticable improvement. Nobody has come on and said that they are this really great team that is going to set records, or that they are even going to have a run in the playoffs. We have just discussed the positive change that has happened ni the team. chances are they will make the playoffs, But will they survive my thought is no. I'd like to see them survive and go far but you have to face the facts that chances are it may not happen. If you have been watching them then you know that they are a decnty coached team and that they do look better and they do things well. they still have growing to do and more experince to gain. So if you had followed them and watched there games you would know this. Basicly all they have done on this site is what you are supposed to do which is talk about the success they are having this year and discuss diffrent things with other people about a sport that they love to. But as far as boasting They havent done that at all.

jgbulldog
10-22-2003, 08:41 AM
"originally posted by bulldogvet85, aka Josh Balderas"
"but look who lytle has played so far this year too!!! the losing streak of no wins for 4yrs of west campus and then they played jourdanton. they still havent played marion,somerset,and La vernia the real challenge of that district"

If that's not boasting, then I dont know what is. And, oh yeah, by the way, good game against Somerset, you really proved what kind of a team you are!

clay
10-22-2003, 08:58 AM
I have to say that La Vernia is the ONLY team in that district that is worth a Sh*T. Jgbulldog youre the biggest trash talker on this board. I remember a few years ago you shootin your mouth about Marion being on of the best teams in the state and how they were going to win it all. Then you got destoryed 59-6 by Wimberley. And then you make accusations about Wimberley boys taking steriods, have you always been this sore of a loser?

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 09:50 AM
Ok first of all wisewordsfromwiseman.....yeah you need a new name because after reading your statement about Marion, I don't see you as being wise at all. Who has been boasting about Marion? Last time I checked, Marion was being discussed, not boasted about. No one has come on here saying how great Marion was or that Marion was the greatest team in the District or would even make it far in the playoffs. So whoever or wherever you are getting your information from......it's FALSE. Marion started off this season in the dumps and no one was boasting about that! The Bulldogs made a huge turn around and were doing really well winning their first 3 District games in a row, but no one boasted then either about Marion winning, but only showed support for the team by saying how great it was that they were making some great changes in their team dynamics. Another way that you also proved yourself to be unwise was by saying "Now after following their season this year...." ok IF you have been following their season this year, then you would have seen the huge turn around that the Bulldogs have made and you would have seen that although they may not be an undefeated team or ranked in the top 5 teams in the state or anything spectacular like that, they do have a good team with some talented players, and IF you have been following the team this season, you would see that the Bulldogs are a well coached team. It does not matter what teams they beat or how they beat them, what matters is that they were able to get their game together and start winning some games. So yeah you are gay for your comment about people boasting about Marion because that has not been done here.

jgbulldog you are the idiot because bulldogvet85 is not Josh Balderas, maybe that's what the Ya-Ya's told you, but yeah it's wrong! Get your information together before you start making accusations on who people are and making comments that will make you look stupid and completely ridiculous. The comment you made to who you thought was Josh Balderas about the Somerset game....."And, oh yeah, by the way, good game against Somerset, you really proved what kind of a team you are!" Well with all your stupid comments you have made on here like that, you have proven what kind of person you are. You talk a lot of trash for someone who use to talk about how good Marion was and how Marion was going all the way.....well that never happened, so why don't you stop being a sore loser and grow up and face the fact that you aren't in high school anymore! So stop acting like it!

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Clay I'm not really going to argue with you about La vernia being the the best in that district the only thing I'm going to say is that. they are the only ones with a good Reputation. La vernia isnt that good either this year they are prolly just the strongest team in the district. that district used to be strong and one of the most competitive districts around the area. But it has become one of the weakest districs now and will be a while before it gets that way again. now jgbulldog I'm not josh balderas and that statement that was made that you claim as boasting was simply a statement. Were in that quote did I say anything about how GREAT marion was. if anything it just made lytle look worse. I have not said anything that marion is going to be this awesome team in the playoffs I have just said about how well they are doing and giving them some credit. Im proud of there imporvement thats all. I think you read a little to much in to things. I do have to agree with CLay that yeah you were the one on here talking about how marion was going to beat wimberley and and how they sucked. Marion got killed that game in the playoffs I believe. Now thats called boasting. Do you see the diffrence? How can someone who used to play and be a supporter of marion turn to being someone who trash talks marion so bad and stuff. Was it because if you were a player did you not play at all or enough? or is it you are still mad over how wimberley beat you oh so bad? But whatever it is I'm just letting you know that I'm not boasting I'm just impressed and proud of the turn around they have had this year.

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

jgbulldog
10-22-2003, 10:59 AM
THIS ISNT JIMMY GREEN!!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS!!

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 11:09 AM
I found this post made by jgbulldog that just goes to prove my point of him being nothing but a trash talker and completely childish:
Nov. 26, 2001:
"The only reason that Wimberly crushed Marion, is because they are all imbred snobs who are injected with steroids. I hope they feel good about themselves, winning all the wrong ways. We worked hard the NATURAL way and we're proud. Don't expect Slaughter to be good in college, because they have random drug tests. Tough Break!"

But wait there is more.......
Nov. 30, 2001:
"You guys are just a bunch of washed up has beens who have nothing better to do than talk about high school football. I'm going to play college ball, maybe Division 1, so your opinion means nothing to me. My props to Wimberly, they kicked our asses, but to all of you who just like to talk, shut up because you're OLD and STUPID. "

Hmmmmm.....sounds like someone has an attitude problem.

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 11:09 AM
nobody said it was jimmy green. hmmmmmm kind of suspicious. so who is this then?

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 11:10 AM
If you aren't Jimmy Green then why are you getting so defensive? Hmmm...

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 11:13 AM
sure does sound like an attitude problem. plus Slaughter not gonna be good in college I remember him playing playing with Texas Tech and actually he is doing pretty good. Wrong again jgbulldog

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 11:15 AM
Wow jgbulldog, you definitely should NOT get a job as being a psychic cause your prediction making skills suck!

Pudlugger
10-22-2003, 12:30 PM
Hey everyone let's cut Marion some slack already! They are doing well and that's a good thing. It's OK to get on the board and boast a little when your team is doing well. What is it about Marion? Last year some Jackass went on and on about how terrible the team was and claimed he was the QB!!! One of the nice things about this board is that it helps form a community of support for your town's team. So don't get on here and trash your own team 'cause you got a tick in your pants over something that happened years ago. It just isn't right. eek!

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 12:37 PM
Pudlugger:
Hey everyone let's cut Marion some slack already! They are doing well and that's a good thing. It's OK to get on the board and boast a little when your team is doing well. What is it about Marion? Last year some Jackass went on and on about how terrible the team was and claimed he was the QB!!! One of the nice things about this board is that it helps form a community of support for your town's team. So don't get on here and trash your own team 'cause you got a tick in your pants over something that happened years ago. It just isn't right. eek! You are right and thats all I have tried to do. I do remember what happened last year and i can tell you that it wasnt the QB I promise you that. It was someone else who had played with him that was supposed to be his friend. why he did it I'm not sure. It wasnt a good thing. I'm just trying to give marion some positive talk and let them know I'm impressed with what they are doing

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Pudlugger you are right. This is SUPPOSE to be a place where people can come and support their team not trash talk about their team. But it seems that some people on here, didn't get that memo! Marion as well as all the other schools deserve respect no matter what their ranking is or who the players are or their coaches. Yes there will be occasional trash talking between some teams, but it SHOULD be all in fun. If you can dish it, then you should be able to take it in return, and if you aren't grown up enough to put your past in the past and leave it there, well then I must say you have issues that need to be dealt with. As for jgbulldog, you need to get over whatever it was that happened in high school and support your alma mater.

As for the Bulldogs....Good Luck friday against the Bears, it will be a tough game, but preparation is the key!

pigskin_backer1234
10-22-2003, 01:14 PM
First, of all, I would just like to tell all of you Marion Bulldogs to get off of this guys back. Shouldnt you be worrying about more important things, like, I dont know, THE LA VERNIA BEARS, and worrying about backing up all the trash you guys have been talking about how your team has made a complete turnaround?? And define "complete turnaround"?? Because I hardly call beating West Campus, Jourdanton, Poteet a complete turnaround, only to get your butts handed to you on a silver platter by Somerset. Here's an idea, actually beat a "good" team, and then talk to me about a "complete turnaround." And beating another team that is ranked 200th in the state doesnt count! I've been following the Marion Bulldogs for a few years now, and I have to say, that this team is probably the worst teams that Marion has produced, wether you make it to the playoffs or not. Last years team comes in at close second. And I have to tell you, I followed the team that lost to Wimberly a few years back, and the worst player on that team(wether it was jgbulldog or not) has more talent in his pinky finger than your whole team has combined. So, the next time that you insult a guy by saying that he has hostility because he didnt get to play, remember this, its VERY easy to play and start on a team like yours, so give the guy some credit, he played on the best team in your schools history, and wether he actually played or not is irrevelant. So, until your team, and yes, i do say TEAM, accomplishes a feat like the 01-02 bulldogs, then shut your mouth, and concentrate on the task at hand, because we dont want another slaughtering like last week, do we??? And oh yeah, jgbulldog, keep your head high, cause I saw you guys play, in football and in baseball, and your team, and yes, i do say TEAM, was pretty damn good, and you make this years team look like a bunch of sissies! IM OUT! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jgbulldog
10-22-2003, 01:22 PM
originally posted by yubanman
jgbulldog?, perhaps jimmy (james) greene bulldog, of the 2001 Marion playoff teamI have nothing to feel guilty about, you guys are the ones pointing fingers about something you dont even know!

jgbulldog
10-22-2003, 01:23 PM
originally posted by yubanman
jgbulldog?, perhaps jimmy (james) greene bulldog, of the 2001 Marion playoff teamI have nothing to feel guilty about, you guys are the ones pointing fingers about something you dont even know!

therealbulldogs
10-22-2003, 01:46 PM
All I know is that I'm from Bandera and not Marion and I'm tired of listening to someone talk badly about his own alma mater. So you have some bad feelings towards Marion but don't get on here with all of your negative crap about a program that should be 2A anyways. Some people on here are proud of their program no matter what their record is. It's the fact that they continue to work their butts off everyday and try to become a competitive team that counts. Not all schools are blessed with a lot of talent so some teams have to work with what they have. So you guys from Marion keep working hard and it will pay off even though the scoreboard doesn't always show what you want it to show. And if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it!

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Amen brotha, preach on! :D

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 02:05 PM
pigskin_backer1234 I have no clue what your deal is, but back up off the Bulldogs and you and jgbulldog can get together and complain about how you are both has beens. Just suck it up and leave it in the past.

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 02:17 PM
jgbulldog and and pigskin_baker although yall were good that year yall went to the play-offs in marion and yes you did have a good year in baseball I cant help but forget that I do remember seeing juniors on the team roster just not seniors just because it was the year yall graduated doesnt mean thats the only reason that yall made it to the playoffs. There were other guys that werent in your class that stepped up and made big plays and helped the team out it wasnt just a senior class. So keep that in mind. I can define a turn around for you ok. My defenition is that the attitude of most of the players has changed they have a more positive attitude on there season they dont quit and there are continueing to play and try to succed which I applaud them for. There offense looks better than it did last year in some areas which is good they have a better passing game this year then they did last year. the defense is usually good it's a new defense this year so they have had to adjust and they are doing fine with it. So that is what I mean by a turn around. What I have to say to the two of yall is that if you think that they suck instead of constantly coming on here complaining about it and telling them they suck. Then become a coach and you can change that if not then try to encourage them the more encouragement they get the better they will be. Those guys are already better athletes then yall were or ever will be because they dont get on here and slam there team and say they suck and talk trash about them. they get on here and talk about how they plan to improve and the improvements that they have already made. Thats an athlete and a teammate. Show some pride in were you come from and what you ONCE were apart of instead of slamming it.

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Well put bulldogvet, couldn't have said it better myself!

wisewordsfromwiseman
10-22-2003, 03:00 PM
bulldogvet85:
jgbulldog and and pigskin_baker although yall were good that year yall went to the play-offs in marion and yes you did have a good year in baseball I cant help but forget that I do remember seeing juniors on the team roster just not seniors just because it was the year yall graduated doesnt mean thats the only reason that yall made it to the playoffs. There were other guys that werent in your class that stepped up and made big plays and helped the team out it wasnt just a senior class. So keep that in mind. I can define a turn around for you ok. My defenition is that the attitude of most of the players has changed they have a more positive attitude on there season they dont quit and there are continueing to play and try to succed which I applaud them for. There offense looks better than it did last year in some areas which is good they have a better passing game this year then they did last year. the defense is usually good it's a new defense this year so they have had to adjust and they are doing fine with it. So that is what I mean by a turn around. What I have to say to the two of yall is that if you think that they suck instead of constantly coming on here complaining about it and telling them they suck. Then become a coach and you can change that if not then try to encourage them the more encouragement they get the better they will be. Those guys are already better athletes then yall were or ever will be because they dont get on here and slam there team and say they suck and talk trash about them. they get on here and talk about how they plan to improve and the improvements that they have already made. Thats an athlete and a teammate. Show some pride in were you come from and what you ONCE were apart of instead of slamming it.

wisewordsfromwiseman
10-22-2003, 03:10 PM
bulldogvet85:
jgbulldog and and pigskin_baker although yall were good that year yall went to the play-offs in marion and yes you did have a good year in baseball I cant help but forget that I do remember seeing juniors on the team roster just not seniors just because it was the year yall graduated doesnt mean thats the only reason that yall made it to the playoffs. There were other guys that werent in your class that stepped up and made big plays and helped the team out it wasnt just a senior class. So keep that in mind. I can define a turn around for you ok. My defenition is that the attitude of most of the players has changed they have a more positive attitude on there season they dont quit and there are continueing to play and try to succed which I applaud them for. There offense looks better than it did last year in some areas which is good they have a better passing game this year then they did last year. the defense is usually good it's a new defense this year so they have had to adjust and they are doing fine with it. So that is what I mean by a turn around. What I have to say to the two of yall is that if you think that they suck instead of constantly coming on here complaining about it and telling them they suck. Then become a coach and you can change that if not then try to encourage them the more encouragement they get the better they will be. Those guys are already better athletes then yall were or ever will be because they dont get on here and slam there team and say they suck and talk trash about them. they get on here and talk about how they plan to improve and the improvements that they have already made. Thats an athlete and a teammate. Show some pride in were you come from and what you ONCE were apart of instead of slamming it.Oh how the lack of knowledge of some people befuddles me. Ok bulldogvet, after finishing reading another one of your heartfelt inspiring takes, there was yet another thing you put that, how else can I put it....MAKES NO SENSE. When you said everyone on the team are better athletes than the two guys you were talking about just because they are talking trash, and not being supportive, then you are an idiot. How supportive and unsupportive you are has no bearing on the kind of athlete you are. An athlete is about raw, natural athletic talent, not being some kind of motivator or ''nontrash talker''. Hell, then that means the waterboy could be a better athlete cause he's motivating someone and not talking ''trash''. You could say there guys were not better teammates, but saying that everyone on Marion's team is a better athlete is completely ignorant, because Marion has very little athletes. Except for that zunker kid, he's a good athlete I hear. Son, get it together! **he has spoken**

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Wow wisewordsfromwiseman you have once again proven to be ignorant, and you called bulldogvet an idiot? Wow the pot calling the kettle black here! Let me once again explain something to you, a good athlete is not all about someone with great physical ability, but someone who is all-around good. A good athlete supports his team no matter what. A good athlete sets an example for others. Trash talking only makes you look stupid and trash talking about your own team only makes you look insecure and ridiculously stupid to your fellow teammates as well as people on the outside. So before you go trash talking to someone else, take a look at yourself.

wisewordsfromwiseman
10-22-2003, 03:22 PM
BulldogGrl64:
Ok first of all wisewordsfromwiseman.....yeah you need a new name because after reading your statement about Marion, I don't see you as being wise at all. Who has been boasting about Marion? Last time I checked, Marion was being discussed, not boasted about. No one has come on here saying how great Marion was or that Marion was the greatest team in the District or would even make it far in the playoffs. So whoever or wherever you are getting your information from......it's FALSE. Marion started off this season in the dumps and no one was boasting about that! The Bulldogs made a huge turn around and were doing really well winning their first 3 District games in a row, but no one boasted then either about Marion winning, but only showed support for the team by saying how great it was that they were making some great changes in their team dynamics. Another way that you also proved yourself to be unwise was by saying "Now after following their season this year...." ok IF you have been following their season this year, then you would have seen the huge turn around that the Bulldogs have made and you would have seen that although they may not be an undefeated team or ranked in the top 5 teams in the state or anything spectacular like that, they do have a good team with some talented players, and IF you have been following the team this season, you would see that the Bulldogs are a well coached team. It does not matter what teams they beat or how they beat them, what matters is that they were able to get their game together and start winning some games. So yeah you are gay for your comment about people boasting about Marion because that has not been done here.

jgbulldog you are the idiot because bulldogvet85 is not Josh Balderas, maybe that's what the Ya-Ya's told you, but yeah it's wrong! Get your information together before you start making accusations on who people are and making comments that will make you look stupid and completely ridiculous. The comment you made to who you thought was Josh Balderas about the Somerset game....."And, oh yeah, by the way, good game against Somerset, you really proved what kind of a team you are!" Well with all your stupid comments you have made on here like that, you have proven what kind of person you are. You talk a lot of trash for someone who use to talk about how good Marion was and how Marion was going all the way.....well that never happened, so why don't you stop being a sore loser and grow up and face the fact that you aren't in high school anymore! So stop acting like it!Oh yes, don't let me forget about this HOMER...just to reiterate the well said comment by pigskin_backer about the bulldogs so called "huge turnaround"....Huge turnaround? Are you kidding me? The only turning around the Bulldogs did is that they rolled over while in the dumps and happened to find a few other JV teams they could play with, and reluctantly beat. And another thing, you shouldn't be mentioning Top 5 teams in the state and Marion in the same sentence under any cirumstance. That's just a slap in the face to the teams that do sit in such a position. Oh yes, and one more thing.....you're gay. **he has spoken**

tomthall
10-22-2003, 03:56 PM
STOP IT

wisewordsfromwiseman
10-22-2003, 03:59 PM
NO!

mhsb
10-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Ok so maybe it wasnt a very big turnaround. Face it we arent the team from a couple of years ago. All the people on here, talking about marion, dont even play football so they dont have to get ready for the game. But that football team that is playing lavernia is doing just that. So the only teams marion has beat are west campus, jourdanton, and poteet, supposedley jv teams. They won thats all that matters. They have improved and thats what the fans and players see. This is not about how good they are and no one was saying they were top 5, but they are a team that is making jurastic improvement whether the scores or the teams they play show it or not. Good luck against the bears who are picked to win by 43. Prove them wrong and bring home a win. I know it can happen.

wisewordsfromwiseman
10-23-2003, 11:51 AM
This topic needs to get back on the front page and not back on page three. So here it is. Oh, and one more thing....boo marion.

jgbulldog
10-23-2003, 01:33 PM
to mhsb:
I agree with what you say. The people from marion high school that are talking trash on this site probably arent even athletes. But, I once was, and for that, I now support you guys against La Vernia. I will be there, and I will be rooting for you guys. So, I hope we can bury the hatchet, and I hope that bulldogvet and bulldoggirl enjoy the game from the stands, while they are sitting with the band. Good luck bulldogs, and beat da bears!

rimcutter
10-24-2003, 12:26 AM
I don't know what all of you marion fans are getting all emotional over. Not to down Marion but even when ya'll were suppose to have a good team ya'll still struggled against teams with real talent. AkA La Vernia, Wimberly, and even more embarrasing some 2a schools in your area.
Nuff Said!!

bulldogvet85
10-24-2003, 09:57 AM
rimcutter:
I don't know what all of you marion fans are getting all emotional over. Not to down Marion but even when ya'll were suppose to have a good team ya'll still struggled against teams with real talent. AkA La Vernia, Wimberly, and even more embarrasing some 2a schools in your area.
Nuff Said!!You mean a couple years back with 2a schoold when they went to the playoffs? I think not they sure did kill comfort, killed shiner,they even gave a tapps 5a school there only loss and that school went on to win state. When they played La vernia that year they lost by a touchdown. with two minutes left La vernia scored and they just werent able to answer back. The first time the played wimbeerley the score was I think 8-14 I'm not sure.

therealbulldogs
10-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Hey bulldogvet85 don't forget about the scores against Bandera those 2 years. In 2000 it was 42-13 and in 2001 it was 55-25, Bandera winning both of those.

therealbulldogs
10-24-2003, 01:41 PM
And Shiner wasn't 2A they had already dropped down to 1A.

bulldogvet85
10-24-2003, 01:52 PM
therealbulldogs:
Hey bulldogvet85 don't forget about the scores against Bandera those 2 years. In 2000 it was 42-13 and in 2001 it was 55-25, Bandera winning both of those.Dont worry I havent forgotten those scores yet :mad: but in 2001 wasnt shiner 2a?I thought they dropped down the next year. besides the only losses that year were wimberley twice once in the regular season then bad in the playoffs bandera and then La vernia and the one against La vernia like I said was by like one touchdown So it wasnt a bad year for the bulldogs. I believe thats the year they made it to the second round of the playoffs

therealbulldogs
10-25-2003, 12:13 AM
The 2000 football season was Shiner's first year at 1A.