PDA

View Full Version : Houston ISD 4A schools all in Division 1 again?

arges
01-25-2018, 11:02 PM
Carl Padilla asked this on his Twitter feed earlier today. Wonder if this has to do with Texas ISD website reporting that there may be major changes in failing schools in the Houston ISD. The only high schools listed were Worthing, North Forest, and Kashmere. Supposedly they are thinking about going back to concentrating on 9th grade only and adding grades each year until they are back full 4 year high schools. This sounds like Dallas ISD did to Spruce some years back. Don't know if this is the deal, but I thought this was interesting that both items came out close together.

arges
01-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Wheatley and Madison were also mentioned. I'm sure the Houston ISD and the UIL don't want anymore 0-10 teams (like Scarborough) to make the playoffs again.

SHSBulldog00
01-28-2018, 10:22 AM
Carl Padilla asked this on his Twitter feed earlier today. Wonder if this has to do with Texas ISD website reporting that there may be major changes in failing schools in the Houston ISD. The only high schools listed were Worthing, North Forest, and Kashmere. Supposedly they are thinking about going back to concentrating on 9th grade only and adding grades each year until they are back full 4 year high schools. This sounds like Dallas ISD did to Spruce some years back. Don't know if this is the deal, but I thought this was interesting that both items came out close together.

So what you are saying is those (Worthing, North Forest and Kashmere) school's would revert back to 9th grade campuses and act like new school's in the future? This will totally mess up the current realignment numbers at the school's where their 10th-12th will go in HISD) maybe next realignment.

I think the UIL will keep the HISD school's in D1 this go around.

WOS87
01-28-2018, 05:49 PM
Please please please keep them all D1. WO-S hasn’t played a bidistrict game within 32 points in 9 years.

arges
01-28-2018, 11:10 PM
Wheatley would also be in this mess. Hopefully some of these schools will get better test scores.