PDA

View Full Version : New coach at China Spring?

Bosqueville
01-19-2018, 10:45 AM
Though not official yet, there seems to be a change coming at China Spring. The football boys have said Coach Bell will be retiring this spring. Not sure what to think about this yet.

Rocket Man
01-19-2018, 07:03 PM
Though not official yet, there seems to be a change coming at China Spring. The football boys have said Coach Bell will be retiring this spring. Not sure what to think about this yet.

Willie’s retiring too, isn’t he?

That’d be a bit of shake up for the district; two head coaches in the same year.

Rabid Cougar
01-22-2018, 01:43 PM
Not so fast Tim. That has been rumored the past 5 years since his last son graduated college and since he had his quadruple by pass.

If true only question will be if the young one takes his place or one of the other long time assistants? There are at least two still on the staff and several that are elsewhere that would return in a heart beat. All are still in good standing with current administration. The only one that for sure would not take it is the older son coaching at Baylor.

FB-fanatic
04-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Appears Mark Bell has opted to pass the torch down to his son Brian. Mark will stay on as Athletic Director. I assume Brian may have arranged to report directly to Superintendent Faulkner? Referees through Mclennan County rejoice:) Seriously, wish him and the kids at CS the best.

Bosqueville
04-27-2018, 10:16 PM
Appears Mark Bell has opted to pass the torch down to his son Brian. Mark will stay on as Athletic Director. I assume Brian may have arranged to report directly to Superintendent Faulkner? Referees through Mclennan County rejoice:) Seriously, wish him and the kids at CS the best.

Not quite sure what to make of this. He’s got the pedigree but at only 26 years of age.. will be interesting. I’m sure Bell senior will be whispering in his here..

And I won’t miss Bell’s tirades on the sideline. It became comical.

coach
04-30-2018, 08:33 AM
What a career at Chinas Springs. I am happy for Coach Bells