PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies

coach
01-17-2018, 01:20 PM
What are some of your hobbies?

Mine include:

Jigsaw Puzzles - the harder the better. I put two 1,000 piece puzzles together in about 5 days over the break.
Golf - Any chance I get I want to play. I don't get to play from August to early March, but after that I try and play as much as my wife/bank account will allow it.

44INAROW
01-17-2018, 02:13 PM
What are some of your hobbies?

Mine include:

Jigsaw Puzzles - the harder the better. I put two 1,000 piece puzzles together in about 5 days over the break.
Golf - Any chance I get I want to play. I don't get to play from August to early March, but after that I try and play as much as my wife/bank account will allow it.

I used to do lots of Jigsaw puzzles... I like the ones with lots of colors - guess that makes them easier lol I like Crossword puzzles now...

Sweetwater Red
01-17-2018, 02:27 PM
I like to walk

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/6470/BQAraf.jpg

coach
01-17-2018, 02:37 PM
I used to do lots of Jigsaw puzzles... I like the ones with lots of colors - guess that makes them easier lol I like Crossword puzzles now...

The hardest puzzle I have ever completed was a 5,000 piece puzzle. It was a bowl of popcorn.

waterboy
01-17-2018, 02:57 PM
Bowling, Sudoku, and coaching and playing softball

sk1
01-17-2018, 03:27 PM
Fishing, Hunting, and Horses

Scoop27
01-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Collecting vinyl phonograph records-I have thousands of 45s and 33s all in my office

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2018, 07:40 PM
Fishing, shooting pool, working out, home improvement projects, watching/playing various sports - probably in that order

Old Tiger
01-17-2018, 09:39 PM
This, watching sports, trolling, hanging out with my dog and girlfriend, video gaming, sleeping, drinking alcoholic beverages, going to shows, getting hangovers, and chillin

lostaussie
01-18-2018, 10:39 PM
My Daddy told me a long time ago, "Son, everyone needs a hobby. Find something that makes you happy. My happy place is in the outdoors. Hunting, fishing, camping with my wife. As I have gotten older, it's no longer about the kill,or the catch. It's all about the memories of God's creation and the people you spend them with.
Your happy place can come in a lot of different ways. Golf, art, kids sports, religion and so one. I have found mine. I hope all of my Downlow friends find theirs........ whatever it may be. After all......... everyone needs a hobby!!!

bobcat1
01-18-2018, 11:44 PM
Fishing and hunting. Makes me tick and unplug from work.

Rocket Man
01-19-2018, 01:42 AM
I enjoy playing guitar and fantasy football.

greendawg84
01-19-2018, 08:52 AM
Raising show pigs with my son , raising and selling chickens , and golf .

lostaussie
01-19-2018, 10:34 AM
Grilling and smoking also. I love to cook outside. One of smartest things I ever did was build me a shop with an associated concrete slab for my cookers. Haven't gotten it covered yet, but it's on the horizon.

slingshot
01-19-2018, 11:17 AM
Have kind of turned into a fitness fanatic in my old age (59). Now that the kids are grown and gone I go to the gym 6 days a week--3 with a trainer and 3 on my own. Have dropped 25 lbs in the last 3 years and put on some muscle. Do feel better but suspect diet changes have more to do with that than the exercise.

pirate4state
01-19-2018, 12:10 PM
travel - last year we went to Hawaii, Chicago, Miami & the Bahamas

I also enjoy reading, but never seem to find or make the time to read anymore.

Scoop27
01-19-2018, 02:21 PM
Cruising
Went on several cruises when we had jobs
We will go on one in April 1-this year to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary on Royal Carribean Allure to St. Thomas and two other islands

bobcat1
01-19-2018, 03:44 PM
I forgot smokin' and grillin' outside. I've gotten pretty good at it in the last 61 years.

panfan
01-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Salt water fishing and woodworking

Saggy Aggie
01-19-2018, 04:32 PM
Salt water fishing and woodworking+1, should’ve clarified in my original post that salt water is a very important detail. When I said home improvement projects earlier, some of that is woodworking building furniture and built ins

Saggy Aggie
01-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Have kind of turned into a fitness fanatic in my old age (59). Now that the kids are grown and gone I go to the gym 6 days a week--3 with a trainer and 3 on my own. Have dropped 25 lbs in the last 3 years and put on some muscle. Do feel better but suspect diet changes have more to do with that than the exercise.

I’ve always worked out fairly regularly but recently I picked up distance running. Had always hated it before but I’m warming up to it. Ran the chevron Houston half marathon last weekend and I’m signed up to run the Woodlands half in March, along with a bunch of 10k runs. Might try to run the full in a year or two

1st and goal
01-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Salt water fishing and floundering, fresh water fishing (have our own pond, biggest bass caught so far is 8 lbs), chillen w/my chilren and wifey, shooting, I like golf-but it hurts my back. Dove hunting, going to church, checking up on my forums.

Scoop27
01-19-2018, 07:17 PM
Also listening to polka shows during the week from all over the state over the net (Since I used to have my own station 4 years ago

lostaussie
01-19-2018, 08:03 PM
My Daddy told me a long time ago, "Son, everyone needs a hobby. Find something that makes you happy. My happy place is in the outdoors. Hunting, fishing, camping with my wife. As I have gotten older, it's no longer about the kill,or the catch. It's all about the memories of God's creation and the people you spend them with.
Your happy place can come in a lot of different ways. Golf, art, kids sports, religion and so one. I have found mine. I hope all of my Downlow friends find theirs........ whatever it may be. After all......... everyone needs a hobby!!!

I forgot to add listening to polka music. Scoop, sometimes I laugh at you.......and sometimes I laugh with you. But what I'm thinking is we need a meet and greet. For some reason I think of you as the Robert D. Raiford of the Downlow. And if you don't know who that is by all means Google him. An interesting character indeed.

BwdLion73
01-20-2018, 10:44 AM
I forgot to add listening to polka music. Scoop, sometimes I laugh at you.......and sometimes I laugh with you. But what I'm thinking is we need a meet and greet. For some reason I think of you as the Robert D. Raiford of the Downlow. And if you don't know who that is by all means Google him. An interesting character indeed.

I had forgot about him, used to catch him on the John boy and
Billy show in the mornings.
:)

Sweetwater Red
01-20-2018, 11:19 AM
I had forgot about him, used to catch him on the John boy and
Billy show in the mornings.
:)

Hey big man, let me hold a dollar.

BwdLion73
01-20-2018, 06:08 PM
Hey big man, let me hold a dollar.