PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming Session for Improvement

Old Tiger
01-09-2018, 09:26 AM
I think we need to have an honest and open discussion on what can be done and what should be done to improve TXDL. I would like to see this site return to the glory days but it just won’t happen on its own.

My top 3 suggestions

1) Simplify registration process. I know there are some hang ups and etc when signing up for a new account I tried to register one before this handle was recovered and the emails were never sent out and I could never verify.

2) Simplify the boards down to 3 basic forums which would put traffic in those forums. We’ve discussed this already in the other thread.

3) Modify the forum “Rules.” In my opinion these are antiquated and far too strict which limits open discussions and etc.

MUSTANG69
01-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Good idea

44INAROW
01-09-2018, 01:28 PM
I think we need to have an honest and open discussion on what can be done and what should be done to improve TXDL. I would like to see this site return to the glory days but it just won’t happen on its own.

My top 3 suggestions

1) Simplify registration process. I know there are some hang ups and etc when signing up for a new account I tried to register one before this handle was recovered and the emails were never sent out and I could never verify.

2) Simplify the boards down to 3 basic forums which would put traffic in those forums. We’ve discussed this already in the other thread.

3) Modify the forum “Rules.” In my opinion these are antiquated and far too strict which limits open discussions and etc.

It might be because I’m on Tapatalk but I can’t find the Rules. Where did you find them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sk1
01-09-2018, 01:43 PM
It might be because I’m on Tapatalk but I can’t find the Rules. Where did you find them?

I am on my work computer and cannot find the rules anywhere.

Scoop27
01-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Wish we could recruit more members somehow

waterboy
01-09-2018, 03:12 PM
There is absolutely no traffic on the 5A and 6A forums. I'd say combine all classifications into one. I'd also say that most of the traffic you'll see will come from schools that are 4A and below. I think the smaller school fanbases are more loyal to alma mater and hometowns than those that went to larger schools, therefore are much more likely to add to traffic. When this site changed from 3Adownlow to texasdownlow to include the larger schools, I don't think the word got out. The offseason is going to always be slower than usual because most people in Texas like high school football more than anything else.

coach
01-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Make me a mod

Old Tiger
01-09-2018, 04:54 PM

I could have sworn there was one

WOS87
01-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Make me a mod

Lolololololololol

Scoop27
01-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Leave it as it is and promote addition of new members through other high school websites etc

WOS87
01-09-2018, 08:39 PM
There’s already a direct link here from the 6A website at the top of their main page so I’m doing my part with that.

lostaussie
01-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Make me a mod

I should have promoted you. I was given the opportunity and declined. I would much rather be on the Rebel Rouser side:D

lostaussie
01-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Some of the posters that I despised the most.......are the ones I really miss the most. They kept the place hopping. Folks would get aggravated with them and they slowly left or were run off or banned. Keith 7, Mandy, and Rocket along with many many more kept the low the place to be. It was fun back then. To come see who was agitating, and who was fighting. Fun times!!!

Sweetwater Red
01-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Some of the posters that I despised the most.......are the ones I really miss the most. They kept the place hopping. Folks would get aggravated with them and they slowly left or were run off or banned. Keith 7, Mandy, and Rocket along with many many more kept the low the place to be. It was fun back then. To come see who was agitating, and who was fighting. Fun times!!!

I prefer contributors over agitators. But that's just me. If i want chaos or a Jerry Springer like atmosphere I can go read the nonsense on the fox app.

coach
01-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Keith7 was great. Yea he would stir the pot but it was all in good fun. What ever happened to farmersfan?

Sweetwater Red
01-10-2018, 01:26 PM
One thing I’ve mentioned a handful of times is that I’d like to see the time limit on editing posts extended.
Right now it’s only 10-15 minutes from the time you post and a lot of times I don’t notice my typos or
mistakes until it’s too late.

WOS87
01-10-2018, 05:33 PM
One thing I’ve mentioned a handful of times is that I’d like to see the time limit on editing posts extended.
Right now it’s only 10-15 minutes from the time you post and a lot of times I don’t notice my typos or
mistakes until it’s too late.

There’s probably a way to edit that in the admin panel but my time limit is infinity and you know how to reach me if anything needs edited. You’re one of my favorites so you know I’d do anything for you.

Old Tiger
01-10-2018, 06:15 PM
I prefer contributors over agitators. But that's just me. If i want chaos or a Jerry Springer like atmosphere I can go read the nonsense on the fox app.

There needs to be a balance of both IMO. That’s why I brought up the rules page in my OP. There has to be rules but the rules that existed were nearly thesis length and provided no gray area for personality.

coach
01-10-2018, 07:02 PM
There’s probably a way to edit that in the admin panel but my time limit is infinity and you know how to reach me if anything needs edited. You’re one of my favorites so you know I’d do anything for you.

What about me? Am I your favorite?

Saggy Aggie
01-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Would be cool if it was easier to add pictures

buff4ever
01-11-2018, 12:06 PM
I have an idea, get rid of old tigger and keep hot girl of the month.

Just kidding, tigger is annoying but brings back oddly fun memories of the old day.