PDA

View Full Version : Sports Forum(s)

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Folks, I've been thinking about this since mid-football season and OT brought it back to mind. Let me know what you would rather see.

jason
01-05-2018, 09:10 AM
how about one just for graham...

waterboy
01-05-2018, 10:00 AM
I think it would be plenty okay to just make one combined forum for all subjects NOT political in nature. Of course, moderators would have to check to make sure the content is appropriate. I'm sure they already do that.

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 10:06 AM

Lol.

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 10:08 AM
After thinking about it I think the forums should be something like

“TXDL Sports Discussion”

“Non Sports Disucssion”

“Suggestions & Coaching Jobs”

I think that’s what they were originally or close to....

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2018, 10:49 AM

Graham, Stephenville, Brownwood, LH...any others?

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 10:57 AM
Can we get one for Whataburger?

pirate4state
01-05-2018, 11:13 AM

:spitlol: isn't there a dumb thread for that already? :rolleyes:

jason
01-05-2018, 11:28 AM
:spitlol: isn't there a dumb thread for that already? :rolleyes:
don't call it dumb, you'll get called out to fight...

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 11:37 AM
how about one just for graham...Yeah good idea since Graham gets all the traffic on this dead site.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

waterboy
01-05-2018, 12:21 PM
Can we get one for Whataburger?

For the one in Early?

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 12:40 PM
For the one in Early?

Of course! That’s where all the good gossip happens.

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Yeah good idea since Graham gets all the traffic on this dead site.

Interesting opinion....

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Interesting opinion....Yeah dang easy to prove.. you seem to like it..

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Yeah dang easy to prove.. you seem to like it..

From where I sit you seem to be a factor into the equation of why.

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 01:08 PM
From where I sit you seem to be a factor into the equation of why.Yes you are correct. I keep this thread going but I do not account for the 500000 visit.. you can goto the activity tab and see visitor after visitor hitting the Graham thread thank you how do websites or famous YouTubers are tweeters keep their sites going new content that's all I'm doing putting new content on my thread and it works look at the viewers if you don't keep new content your stuff dies.

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 01:11 PM
It is true what they say everyone can’t help but watch a disaster.

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 01:18 PM
I would love for every team to have their own thread on here. A Stephenville thread a Carthage thread a El Campo thread Etc period and each thread vying for visitors vying for Content. I think that would bring this site back to its Glory Days that's why I got the Graham thread that's why I keep it going.

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 01:19 PM
It is true what they say everyone can’t help but watch a disaster.Read above the Graham threat has been an absolute success. The people from Graham love it they come up to me they know me personally they have all told me how much they enjoy it parent after parent player after player. There's a few haters but that's just the way it is

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 01:21 PM
I know you that's the only way to keep this site going. Keep the game thread you know the you know team versus Team threads obviously great but have an individual individual team that away somebody can post a picture of their son or their daughter you know or somebody can post a picture of the team or information about a game that's the future everybody could go to it and find out information about the games at or if somebody's injured that's the future

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Right now people are timid about posting anything about individual team. Because people ridicule them. Because it is not the norm. And there are haters out there that love to do that. But if it becomes the norm. And several teams have individual threads. That will be posted after poster placing individual things in each team's thread and it would become the norm. I'm not afraid of the haters n the idiots posting crap about me....I continuously posted stuff on the Graham thread. I know people enjoy it. If this becomes the norm it will succeed immensely. All it has to do is get past the haters.

Dawgs
01-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Brian all fired up today.

Dawgs
01-05-2018, 02:28 PM
One way to get this site back going is to let some stuff go further than it is allowed to go now. Why not let a little tiff go. I think it's the reason this site is so dead. Anything people say that is considered a little fight is taken off or deleted. People enjoy reading people getting into a small war every once an a while. It livens things up around here. Anytime anything happens it's taken down. It just happened on the Graham thread. It happened when Matt got into it a little in the mock alignment thread. This board is policed way too much. Zero excitement. Back in the day before I ever even posted you could see exciting post. Now anything a little controversial is taken down. Just my opinion.

Dawgs
01-05-2018, 02:32 PM
As for the Graham thread, I think it's ridiculous. But if it brings viewers why not let it be. No need to hate on Brian. If he wants to put his time into that and he enjoys it, it's not for somebody else to say it's dumb. Anything to bring traffic is a good thing.

Dawgs
01-05-2018, 02:35 PM
After thinking about it I think the forums should be something like

“TXDL Sports Discussion”

“Non Sports Disucssion”

“Suggestions & Coaching Jobs”

I think that’s what they were originally or close to....

Agree with this.

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 03:02 PM
One way to get this site back going is to let some stuff go further than it is allowed to go now. Why not let a little tiff go. I think it's the reason this site is so dead. Anything people say that is considered a little fight is taken off or deleted. People enjoy reading people getting into a small war every once an a while. It livens things up around here. Anytime anything happens it's taken down. It just happened on the Graham thread. It happened when Matt got into it a little in the mock alignment thread. This board is policed way too much. Zero excitement. Back in the day before I ever even posted you could see exciting post. Now anything a little controversial is taken down. Just my opinion.Dawg, just so you know I have never deleted anything and.. I would threaten to "fight" but that's was just wanting to argue with a poster and no one would take me up...so I get what you are saying about that... I knew folks not from Graham wouldn't like the Graham thread it wasn't for then ....that's why I want people to start threads for thier own team.. wouldn't that be great..

44INAROW
01-05-2018, 03:46 PM
One way to get this site back going is to let some stuff go further than it is allowed to go now. Why not let a little tiff go. I think it's the reason this site is so dead. Anything people say that is considered a little fight is taken off or deleted. People enjoy reading people getting into a small war every once an a while. It livens things up around here. Anytime anything happens it's taken down. It just happened on the Graham thread. It happened when Matt got into it a little in the mock alignment thread. This board is policed way too much. Zero excitement. Back in the day before I ever even posted you could see exciting post. Now anything a little controversial is taken down. Just my opinion.

just to set the record straight - I believe it was BrianDumith that was so upset about the Mock Alignment debacle and in my opinion, that's where things started going south... I am pretty laid back and let things happen and most of the time, they clear themselves up.... but once someone starts flexing muscles and calling people out - it will or should be moderated. That's just my simple and humble opinion...

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 03:50 PM
just to set the record straight - I believe it was BrianDumith that was so upset about the Mock Alignment debacle and in my opinion, that's where things started going south... I am pretty laid back and let things happen and most of the time, they clear themselves up.... but once someone starts flexing muscles and calling people out - it will or should be moderated. That's just my simple and humble opinion...Just to set the record straight if we had the original post that I posted. Everyone would clearly see I wasnt upset.. I just wanted All members of this site to enjoy the threads contents.... Do you really want to open this up again...

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Just to set the record straight if we had the original post that I posted. Everyone would clearly see I wasnt upset.. I just wanted All members of this site to enjoy the threads contents.... Do you really want to open this up again...

You were just a pompous idiot.

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 04:17 PM
You were just a pompous idiot.No sir. I stated my case. You just couldn't take it.. because you believe some posters should be above others..... I dont.

WOS87
01-05-2018, 04:22 PM
You were just a pompous idiot.

Don’t make me take over your signature again

waterboy
01-05-2018, 05:13 PM
I feel a group hug coming on...

:ack!:

Can't we all just get along? Opinions are like.........uuhhhh..........noses, everybody has one. :D

HGOTM needs to stay!

Dawgs
01-05-2018, 05:53 PM
See, now these are the type of discussions I like. Pompous idiot has a nice ring to it, hahaha.

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Well this went South in a hurry. :hijacktd:

jason
01-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Well this went South in a hurry. :hijacktd: finally some excitement!!!

I see a KTA meltdown coming!!

lostaussie
01-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Do coaches actually come to the Downlow looking for a job? At one point but not now. I don't think there needs to be a forum dedicated to coaching searches. We would get more involvement with a hunting/fishing forum.

For scoops sake........and kinda mine, we just need one forum for Texas High School sports. Not devided into classifications. If we want to bring it back to what it was before, I think that is what it will take.

44INAROW
01-05-2018, 08:45 PM
We would get more involvement with a hunting/fishing forum.

I think a hunting/fishing forum would be neat. Good one Lost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2018, 09:38 PM
finally some excitement!!!

I see a KTA meltdown coming!!

If I remember correctly his very last post was the infamous pic of Johnny Cash flipping the bird directly at the camera.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2018, 09:40 PM

I’ve seen some of SK1’s hunting pics on FB. Let me just say that there might need to be some guidelines put in place for those with weak stomachs. :D

44INAROW
01-05-2018, 09:55 PM
I’ve seen some of SK1’s hunting pics on FB. Let me just say that there might need to be some guidelines put in place for those with weak stomachs. :D

LOL. I bet you saw the “sick hog” pics.

sk1
01-05-2018, 09:55 PM

You liked my diseased pig pictures??. ��

sk1
01-05-2018, 09:59 PM

YES. I have lots of hunting and fishing pics and stories

lostaussie
01-05-2018, 10:04 PM

Actually it was just throwing that out as an example. My point was coaches don't come to the Dlow looking for a job. Let's make some worthwhile forums and get this place rolling.
Another complaint I have heard is how hard it is to sign up and get an account. There definitely has to be precautions but maybe some of the criteria could be laxed a bit. Keep in mind I've been on here well over 10 years so I have no idea what it takes to sign up. Just what I have heard.

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 10:12 PM
Well this went South in a hurry. :hijacktd:

https://media.giphy.com/media/24xRxrDCLxhT2/200.gif

briandumith*
01-05-2018, 10:15 PM
You want a sport to fill the empty void left from football.. this is it 6 months out of the year. These kids crush each other for the chance to get a college gig. Well guess what! Most get that gig. With teams in North Richland Hills, Odessa, Amarillo, Corpus Christi, and Shreveport and 20 other cities across the U.S. these kids age 17 to 20 play with the passion no one has seen. I am an official with the Lone Star Bahamas the North Richland Hills team... we are also the defending national champions. You want a sport to follow this is it... www.nahl.com https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180106/2e5368147cb982b09e390d01ffe316f7.jpg

sk1
01-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Do we want all sports lumped together.? What about a football forum, basketball forum, baseball forum, etc..

Then have some misc forums like the outdoors forum for hunting,fishing,etc...

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2018, 10:30 PM
You liked my diseased pig pictures??. ��

Ha! Honestly didn’t bother me but one of your friends breakfast was ruined I believe. Did you ever find out what that was?

sk1
01-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Ha! Honestly didn’t bother me but one of your friends breakfast was ruined I believe. Did you ever find out what that was?

No never found out.

after I had gotten home from that hunting trip I had a message from Texas A&M asking if they could have the pig to study it.
I was a couple hundred miles away from lease and it was to late to go back and get it for them.
They are thinking it was a form of cancer.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Actually it was just throwing that out as an example. My point was coaches don't come to the Dlow looking for a job. Let's make some worthwhile forums and get this place rolling.
Another complaint I have heard is how hard it is to sign up and get an account. There definitely has to be precautions but maybe some of the criteria could be laxed a bit. Keep in mind I've been on here well over 10 years so I have no idea what it takes to sign up. Just what I have heard.

Oh I get it and it’s a good idea.

As far as registration it’s been mentioned by the adminstrator(s) that those restrictions have been relaxed.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2018, 10:36 PM
No never found out.

after I had gotten home from that hunting trip I had a message from Texas A&M asking if they could have the pig to study it.
I was a couple hundred miles away from lease and it was to late to go back and get it for them.
They are thinking it was a form of cancer.
Ah okay

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 10:36 PM
I would also suggest removing the email format you have to have to register for an account on this forum. Not many people have non-free email accounts.

Sweetwater Red
01-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Then have some misc forums like the outdoors forum for hunting,fishing,etc...

Add hiking and camping to those topics and I’d be all over it. Might just find out how much we have in common with other posters in the meantime.

Old Tiger
01-05-2018, 10:38 PM
Suggestions and Outdoors Board

Saggy Aggie
01-05-2018, 11:41 PM
I think sports/non sports is good enough.

People would feel like dropping by more often if they knew somebody would actually post a thread since the last time they stopped by. Only way to do that is consolidate forums.

Personally I don’t have a problem seeing baseball posts during baseball season and basketball posts during basketball season, JV all the way to pros in the same forum. Don’t like the topic? Keep scrolling and move on...

I like the simplicity of you can post anything sports related here, and anything non sports there.

lostaussie
01-06-2018, 06:22 AM
Just from the replies on this thread it is obvious that people come over and look. The problem comes in when we have basically 1 post a day. They just move along to something else. There was a time when this place WAS the sports forum for 3A HSF. Times changed, classifications changed, good posters felt left out because there teams grew or got smaller and they left.
Those people for the most part are still fans of their teams. The challenge is how do you get them back and everyone understand this is not just a 4A forum.

bobcat1
01-06-2018, 07:57 AM
I want one for Rocket that lasts until Brownwood loses each year.

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2018, 08:26 AM
I would also suggest removing the email format you have to have to register for an account on this forum. Not many people have non-free email accounts.

That went by the wayside a long time ago.

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2018, 08:28 AM

Ageed on the first. The second is something I'm working on getting fixed...hopefully this month.

Old Tiger
01-06-2018, 11:19 AM
That went by the wayside a long time ago.

It still says it when you sign up though....

BwdLion73
01-06-2018, 01:08 PM
I want one for Rocket that lasts until Brownwood loses each year.

:tisk:

bobcat1
01-06-2018, 01:18 PM
:taunt:

pirate4state
01-06-2018, 07:04 PM
It would be cool if we had the ability to hide threads we don’t want to see. Like swipe left to hide or delete a thread from YOUR viewing site. That would be awesome. Can we still block and/or make posters invisible?

Roughneck93
01-06-2018, 11:30 PM
While we're at it, how about embedding Tweets? Can that function be added?

lostaussie
01-07-2018, 07:42 AM
Brainstorming session!!!

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2018, 10:07 AM

I think having “like” buttons for posts would be great too. A lot of times members post something that
many would give a thumbs up to but don’t really have a reason to comment. At the least it would give
posters a reason to be more involved.

sk1
01-07-2018, 01:37 PM
I think having “like” buttons for posts would be great too. A lot of times members post something that
many would give a thumbs up to but don’t really have a reason to comment. At the least it would give

:thumbsup:

44INAROW
01-07-2018, 07:00 PM

I like this

Old Tiger
01-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Is the "Rule" page still active?

regaleagle
01-08-2018, 11:45 PM
I kinda like the "Weekly Hottie" deal.....Beauty should be admired. :clap:

regaleagle
01-08-2018, 11:52 PM
I kinda like the "Weekly Hottie" deal.....Beauty should be admired. :clap:

Monthly is too long to look at the same Hottie when there are so many that can be posted. That's only 52 per year, for heaven sakes. That should up the traffic to the site, Huh?

Old Tiger
01-10-2018, 07:50 PM
LHPM,

Consolidate these forums down baby!

lbjacj
01-21-2018, 06:33 PM
I like this

SintonFan_inAustin
01-21-2018, 09:33 PM

yep, some other forums have that feature now.