Hondo vs Mathis
Orange Grove vs Raymondville
Wimberley vs LaVernia
Halletsville vs Rice Consolidated
Devine vs CC West Oso
Falfurrias vs Pt Isabel

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 07:04 PM
You can pretty much put the Cuero match-up with Wharton in the bag...

Next week should decide whether or not H'Ville is goin' to play RC and Yoakum's gunna play N'Ville or the other way around...

Should be a good game...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-29-2003, 07:08 PM
If that does come to pass, there would be a bunch of pissed off Port Isabel Tarpons on the field against Falfurrias wanting revenge for the BAD loss earlier in the season.

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 07:11 PM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
If that does come to pass, there would be a bunch of pissed off Port Isabel Tarpons on the field against Falfurrias wanting revenge for the BAD loss earlier in the season.Would you say that PI is a lot better than they were earlier in the season?

I'm thinking it should be, and hope you guys do well in the postseason, you guys have my rooting...

sinfan75
10-29-2003, 07:30 PM
If Mathis loses to Taft in 30AAA this friday Mathis will be in deep do-do.There would about for teams goin after the 2nd and 3rd play-off spots.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Gobbla2001:

TarponFanInNorthTexas:
If that does come to pass, there would be a bunch of pissed off Port Isabel Tarpons on the field against Falfurrias wanting revenge for the BAD loss earlier in the season.Would you say that PI is a lot better than they were earlier in the season?

I'm thinking it should be, and hope you guys do well in the postseason, you guys have my rooting...Yeah, they are playing MUCH better as a team now, and have cut down the turnovers big time. That's what killed them against Falfurrias in Week 3. It was a turnover that enabled Falfurrias to kick the game winning FG. Also, the Falfurrias game was the first game they tried "The Missile" at RB, and he ran roughshod all over them, but he only had 8 carries (for 100 yards).

Penalties are still a bit of a problem, but nowhere near as bad as it was earlier in the season.

turbostud
10-29-2003, 07:48 PM
La Feria or Raymondville could very easily miss the playoffs. La Feria closes with Raymondville and Lyford. Raymondville closes with La Feria and Hidalgo. If Lyford beats Hidalgo then La Feria to close out and La Feria beats Raymondville on Friday then Lyford would win district, PI would be 2nd and La Feria would go D1. Whew!!! Its one big Charlie Foxtrot in 32AAA.

Ozzy
10-29-2003, 09:01 PM
What if Gonzales sneaks up on Cuero this week? Would that make Cuero go DII?

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 09:08 PM
Ozzy:
What if Gonzales sneaks up on Cuero this week? Would that make Cuero go DII?I don't believe it will...

Gonzales is 1-2 in district and has lost to both Hallettsville and Yoakum, who are 2-1 in district (Cuero's 3-0, btw)... Gonzales is the only school in the district with a higher enrollment than Cuero, and unless Yoakum or Hallettsville lose their last two games (which they won't, but one will lose when they face each other next week) and Gonzales wins their next two (which if they beat us, I'd say they'd win the next week, finishing district 3-2) they're not making the playoffs...

Luling and Goliad are both out of playoff contention and Gonzales is a loss away or a Hallettsville/Yoakum win away from being out of playoff contention... Cuero has clinched...

So Cuero should be D1 unless the unbelievable happens...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Who in region 4 could give Burnet a good game?

Gobbla2001
10-29-2003, 09:37 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Who in region 4 could give Burnet a good game?Cuero could....n't (better change that before I get wrecked on)...

Gobbla2001
10-30-2003, 10:54 AM
ttt

beefy
10-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Cuero Gobblers could easily give Burnet a great game! The Gobblers need to focus on Wharton, and not be looking ahead....but for me...I'd love to see a Cuero vs. Burnet match-up in the second round. Burnet had better have their stuff in order because Cuero will come to compete and play hard.

Awsome Stuff!! I love the playoffs!!

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: beefy ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-30-2003, 11:15 AM
beefy:
Cuero Gobblers could easily give Burnet a great game! The Gobblers need to focus on Wharton, and not be looking ahead....but for me...I'd love to see a Cuero vs. Burnet match-up in the second round. Burnet had better have their stuff in order because Cuero will come to compete and play hard.

Awsome Stuff!! I love the playoffs!!That's what I like about this team... I've seen a few of 'em post on another board, but when people mention Cuero facing Burnet in round two they usually reply by saying "We gotta get to the playoffs first"... It's like they don't even know which division they're going to or anything, they just wanna play football...

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 11:17 AM
This is not the one I meant. I'll bring up the others I was talking about & I don't think he did one for Region IV, as detailed as the other Regions. I know, I'm being a boob!! :D

Gobbla2001
10-30-2003, 11:19 AM
pirate4state:
This is not the one I meant. I'll bring up the others I was talking about & I don't think he did one for Region IV, as detailed as the other Regions. I know, I'm being a boob!! :D ewww, another one of the 'Boob's, huh?

(priate4state)

pirate4state
10-30-2003, 11:32 AM
Gobbla2001:

pirate4state:
This is not the one I meant. I'll bring up the others I was talking about & I don't think he did one for Region IV, as detailed as the other Regions. I know, I'm being a boob!! :D ewww, another one of the 'Boob's, huh?

(priate4state):rolleyes: geez, you could at least spell it right
(pirate4state) but I may not be a complete boob since I still haven't found the detailed Region 4 Playoff Picture thread...

Old Dog
10-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Gobbla....I think Cuero would give Burnet plenty to worry about. I recall back in '99 how we worried when we drew Cuero in the second round. Your tradition is so awesome and it carries a lot of weight.

CowboyFan
10-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Ah I wouldn't put Needville in there yet, that third position is going to go down to there last game :D ! Yeah abit of wishfull thinking on my part but if Edna beats Palacios, which I'm confident they will, and are able to get needville by 5 point, from my understanding Edna gets in and if Edna were to beat them by less then that Sweeny gets. This is all IF a Big IF Edna beats Needville. There is still some playoff hopes for these teams yet!

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Sinton vs Carrizo Springs, huh. Does anyone know anything about Carrizo Springs? I haven't heard anything about them.

SintonFan
10-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Old Dog:
Gobbla....I think Cuero would give Burnet plenty to worry about. I recall back in '99 how we worried when we drew Cuero in the second round. Your tradition is so awesome and it carries a lot of weight..
Cuero has one thing that could hurt Burnet. A power running game. If they could control the clock then they have a legitimate shot.

TarponFanInNorthTexas:
If that does come to pass, there would be a bunch of pissed off Port Isabel Tarpons on the field against Falfurrias wanting revenge for the BAD loss earlier in the season..
This would be a great first round matchup. The Tarpons have come along nicely as the season has progressed. That blowout over Raymondville opened my eyes. Fal has been up and down this season so you don't know which team will come to this game. A close loss to West Oso and then losing by 14 to Ingleside? What's going on here?