PDA

View Full Version : Best Game Yet?

Scoop27
12-22-2017, 08:34 PM
What's your vote on the best game yet of the state championships?

buckeyebob
12-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Carthage Bulldogs was a fine game...Pleasant Grove was a true kick butt & take names...congratulates to both

lostaussie
12-22-2017, 09:19 PM
I really enjoyed the Muenster/Teneha game.

Old Tiger
12-22-2017, 09:32 PM
Rockdale/Brock because how it ended with the coaches son taking the final knee after battling back from cancer.

Dawgs
12-22-2017, 09:44 PM
2 most impressive teams Rockdale and Carthage.

lostaussie
12-22-2017, 10:05 PM
2 most impressive teams Rockdale and Carthage.

PG was pretty impressive as well. That was a damn fine football team that they beat pretty thoroughly.

Roughneck93
12-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Rockdale/Brock because how it ended with the coaches son taking the final knee after battling back from cancer.

:iagree:

Changed into his uniform right on the sideline....

Also, the emotions displayed by Pleasant Grove HC Josh Gibson...says it all...well deserved Hawks!

Old Tiger
12-22-2017, 10:38 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/coachs-son-cancer-remission-clinches-state-title-172710196.html?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=yahoosports&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

jason
12-22-2017, 10:43 PM
HP vs Manvel is by far the best game so far.

Roughneck93
12-22-2017, 10:45 PM
HP vs Manvel is by far the best game so far.

Damn, what a game!

buckeyebob
12-22-2017, 10:58 PM
PG was pretty impressive as well. That was a damn fine football team that they beat pretty thoroughly.

That they did...short trip to the woodshed...very impressive

44INAROW
12-22-2017, 11:28 PM
As of 10:20 Friday night. Manvel vs Highland Park. What a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briandumith*
12-22-2017, 11:38 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHeck maybe one of the best EVER! Wow what a finish

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Old Tiger
12-22-2017, 11:44 PM

This

Rocket Man
12-22-2017, 11:48 PM

Mucho agree-o

Sville
12-22-2017, 11:55 PM
Wow what a game. I just witnessed greatness on the football field.

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 12:03 AM

No more "You the Man-vel".

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 12:15 AM
I got to say. It pays to be a billionaire. A owner or a NFL football team. Get the best coaches in the world. Teach a grandkid from the age of 2 to be a quarterback.

Kid looked absolutely magical on the field throwing dimes. Two years in a row. Physically he looks like he shouldn't even be starting on the JV team. Good for him. Not that he would ever have to worry about anything anyway. We're all suckers cuz we root for him... Ain't that a big ole B......

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 12:23 AM
Please...the Highland Park HC is a class act. The kid still has to make the plays. Money or not..the young man has game.

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 12:27 AM
Please...the Highland Park HC is a class act. The kid still has to make the plays. Money or not..the young man has game.Heck threw for like 900 yard unbelievable kids amazing think maybe you misread my statement. The game was amazing that kid pulled that team from 10 behind and wanted it.. deserve the MVP two years in a row I didnt say anything bad about him . I'm just saying you can tell he's been coached and coached well.. nothing wrong with that

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 12:32 AM
Wish I had that kind of resources though for my kids maybe that's what I was not getting off around 2 saying correctly

jason
12-23-2017, 01:06 AM
Jones was 36-56 for 530yds +/- a few and I think 4 tds.

One of the Manvel receivers had 5 catches for 220 and 3 tds.

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 01:08 AM
Okay?

d0tc0m
12-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Please...the Highland Park HC is a class act. The kid still has to make the plays. Money or not..the young man has game.

This. The boy comes from a good football pedigree that pre-dates the $billions. His grandfather won a national championship at Arkansas and his dad was also a solid gunslinger for the Hogs. It has nothing to do with how much money they have. Good grief, Brian, your melodrama has become a tired act very quickly.

stardog
12-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Sure that wasn't Aaron Rogers snuck in there wearing #9 ?
What's Jerry's plan to him eventually being a D- Cowboy ?

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 11:07 AM
This. The boy comes from a good football pedigree that pre-dates the $billions. His grandfather won a national championship at Arkansas and his dad was also a solid gunslinger for the Hogs. It has nothing to do with how much money they have. Good grief, Brian, your melodrama has become a tired act very quickly.This kid didn't pre-date anything he is 17. His dad didn't play like his father either.. I wasnt saying anything other than he has been well coaches and you can see that... Why don't you try to read the comments as a whole and not just one side.... I usually put both sides in my comments but as most you always do you pick one and run with it... predictable to say the least... plus I will not say the most.

oldtownag
12-23-2017, 12:01 PM
My heart goes out to Manvel. That was devestating.

Sville
12-23-2017, 12:07 PM
I agree with the announcer that JSJ looks like Baker Mayfield out there. BM was not highly recruited either coming out of Lake Travis because of his size. I would take a truck load of JSJ's on my team any day every day. The young man has a mental toughness and fortitude you can't coach. It is either inside you or it is not. I hope to see JSJ go to Arkansas and see what he and Coach Morris can do together.

That game is 2nd on my list of best SC games I have witnessed, only behind the Argyle vs Navasota double OT game from a few years ago.

Old Tiger
12-23-2017, 12:27 PM
This kid didn't pre-date anything he is 17. His dad didn't play like his father either.. I wasnt saying anything other than he has been well coaches and you can see that... Why don't you try to read the comments as a whole and not just one side.... I usually put both sides in my comments but as most you always do you pick one and run with it... predictable to say the least... plus I will not say the most.

Coaching has nothing to do with how he extends plays or puts the effort in to get things done. Money can’t coach moxy.

You’re an old man quit acting like a bitter poor.

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Coaching has nothing to do with how he extends plays or puts the effort in to get things done. Money can’t coach moxy.

You’re an old man quit acting like a bitter poor.Did I say anything about that. Trust me when I tell you I know very well how to be an excellent player in the field. Using instinct to or shorten a extended plays.

I would bet most people would have been pulling for Highland Park last night purely because the boy was related to Jerry. That's the point I was trying to make light of but nobody got it. I was too. Then I reflected up on that and I hated it..

Old Tiger
12-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Aledo just got screwed

sk1
12-23-2017, 03:10 PM
:
Aledo just got screwed

:iagree:

bigcountry
12-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Big time screw job against Aledo. How in the world do you miss that fumble? Wake up goobers! Aledo QB would like a few passes back also.

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 03:25 PM
There always seems to be one game like this during the state championship week. That was definitely a fumble there's no doubt about that. Hard part about it is the kids are going to remember that play. That sucks

oldtownag
12-23-2017, 04:05 PM
Big time screw job against Aledo. How in the world do you miss that fumble? Wake up goobers! Aledo QB would like a few passes back also.

Aledo had benefitted from the same bad officiating eatlier.

bobcat1
12-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Yep! Not sure it would have affected the outcome. That sophomore QB from Aledo sailed 5-6 passes to open receivers. Bet he learns from it. 2 missed PAT's didn't help their cause either.

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 04:11 PM
Aledo had benefitted from the same bad officiating eatlier.Correct that one pass interference call late in the game was definitely not a pass interference... I think that the ref just wanted to throw a flag and that was weird...

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 10:03 PM
Did I say anything about that. Trust me when I tell you I know very well how to be an excellent player in the field. Using instinct to or shorten a extended plays.

I would bet most people would have been pulling for Highland Park last night purely because the boy was related to Jerry. That's the point I was trying to make light of but nobody got it. I was too. Then I reflected up on that and I hated it..

I despise Jerry J. and not because of the money.

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 10:06 PM
This kid didn't pre-date anything he is 17. His dad didn't play like his father either.. I wasnt saying anything other than he has been well coaches and you can see that... Why don't you try to read the comments as a whole and not just one side.... I usually put both sides in my comments but as most you always do you pick one and run with it... predictable to say the least... plus I will not say the most.

He was just stating the pedigree was already in place like so many football families.

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 10:14 PM
I despise Jerry J. and not because of the money.Can I guess? .... Razorback?... Cowboys Gm?..... or maybe because he had people forcibly removed from their longtime homes to build his billion dollar facility?...... For me I don't like pro football anymore I did...very much so. But they are all a bunch of entitled fools.. NHL or MLB for me as far as pro sports that is..

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 10:15 PM
He was just stating the pedigree was already in place like so many football families.Hardly

1st and goal
12-23-2017, 10:16 PM
South Florida over Texas Tech....

So many great games.

Sorry for Manvel.

College Station game was awesome. Unless you're an Aledo fan.

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 10:22 PM
Can I guess? .... Razorback?... Cowboys Gm?..... or maybe because he had people forcibly removed from their longtime homes to build his billion dollar facility?...... For me I don't like pro football anymore I did...very much so. But they are all a bunch of entitled fools.. NHL or MLB for me as far as pro sports that is..

I'm a long time Dallas Stars fan (watching them as we speak) so I'll give you that one but there are plenty of divas in MLB. As far as the Cowboys, I go back to when the team was sold. That is all I need to say.

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 10:27 PM
I'm a long time Dallas Stars fan (watching them as we speak) so I'll give you that one but there are plenty of divas in MLB. As far as the Cowboys, I go back to when the team was sold. That is all I need to say.I am watching it to its a great game.. I love going to baseball games thats why i like them.. I am an off ice official for the NAHL specifically the Lone Star Brahmas based in North Richland Hills. I invite you to come check out our games we are a Jr. Hockey league 17 to 20 year olds Lone Star is the defending national champs come by games are very exciting... http://www.lonestarbrahmas.com

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 10:36 PM
"As far as the Cowboys, I go back to when the team was sold. That is all I need to say."

What I should have said was "I refer back to when the team was sold".

For myself, I go back much further. lol

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 10:37 PM
I am watching it to its a great game.. I love going to baseball games thats why i like them.. I am an off ice official for the NAHL specifically the Lone Star Brahmas based in North Richland Hills. I invite you to come check out our games we are a Jr. Hockey league 17 to 20 year olds Lone Star is the defending national champs come by games are very exciting... http://www.lonestarbrahmas.com

I live south of Austin although I grew up in the DFW area.

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 10:44 PM
I live south of Austin although I grew up in the DFW area.We have the Jr youth league 16 -19 year olds the NA3HL I think Austin has a team but I'm not sure off the top of my head what it is you could check the NA3HL website.. Good stuff kids come from from all over the world to play for our teams.. top amateur league in the coutry..

Tejastrue
12-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Nice win for Dallas!

briandumith*
12-23-2017, 11:20 PM
Nice win for Dallas!Love the shoot outs 91 is a killer on those

regaleagle
12-26-2017, 04:16 PM
Too bad the Cowboys could not follow up the success of JSJ and the Highland Park Scots on the same field a couple of days later, Huh? Sometimes you wonder where all the heart and competitiveness went in Pro Football when you see all the mistakes made on Sunday by experienced "high-paid Professionals". Thank you Highland Park for at least giving us something our own Dallas Cowboys could not.....great determination, lots of desire, and a will to win.