PDA

View Full Version : Rice Cons. beat Weimar in baseball???

seasick4
03-01-2004, 11:23 AM
I heard Rice Cons. split a doubleheader with Weimar over the weekend. Weimar's big kid pitched the first game and they won 10-6, and Rice won the second game 6-5....any comments??

CheerMom
03-01-2004, 11:36 AM
I was at both games and if it wouldn't have been for a bad last inning in the first game Rice could have very well won both. I was told by a Weimar fan that their big pitcher hasn't been able to pitch at his full speed due to the fact that their starting catcher is out with a knee injury and none of the other catchers have been able to handle him at full speed. Rice has the potential to be a good solid team. Maybe with their new coach the baseball program can get off the ground.

Crow22
03-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Rice's coach is the best in the business. He's doing a helluva job with those boys. Hell, he may be the second coming of Casey Stengel.

whtfbplaya
03-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Buy a lottery ticket!

Raider4ever
03-01-2004, 05:02 PM
The First game was only 5 innings due to haveing another 7 innings ahead of us. But it was still a very hard faught game. Weimar scored 4 in the first inning. Rice scored 3 in the second inning. It stayed like that until the 5th inning. When Weimar put up 6 in that inning, and Rice only managed 3 more. I think it would have been differnt if we had two more innings.

The second game was filled with ups and downs. Went 8 innings the whole game. With a game winning home run hit by Rice with two outs in the bottom of the 8th. Great way to end the game!

Tonight we play Ganado should be another good game!!!