View Full Version : Graham Vs Pleasant Grove

Pages : 1 [2]

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 09:26 AM
I am staying in the DL just can't take the crazness of fnr
anymore

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

It's ridiculous man. There are a lot of good games, but the chat late in the season gets stupid.

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 09:49 AM
The only thing that would have surprised me in this game, was if PG lost. They're just extremely good in all aspects of the game. They're so disciplined and execute so well. A perfect example was when Graham tried to run the double reverse pass. PG wasn't even for the slightest second fooled on the reverse.

Not only is the team good, but so are the coaches. They called one heck of a game, both defensively and offensively. Everything they ran seemed to be set up just right.

This is a really good testament to how good our region and district is. D7 and D8 I feel are definitely the 2 toughest districts in D2.

Great season Graham! Hope to see some of you guys in Arlington next week!

briandumith*
12-15-2017, 10:02 AM
The only thing that would have surprised me in this game, was if PG lost. They're just extremely good in all aspects of the game. They're so disciplined and execute so well. A perfect example was when Graham tried to run the double reverse pass. PG wasn't even for the slightest second fooled on the reverse.

Not only is the team good, but so are the coaches. They called one heck of a game, both defensively and offensively. Everything they ran seemed to be set up just right.

This is a really good testament to how good our region and district is. D7 and D8 I feel are definitely the 2 toughest districts in D2.

Great season Graham! Hope to see some of you guys in Arlington next week!Agreed that was awful coach got a earful... we never do trick plays

hollywood
12-15-2017, 10:03 AM
I am staying in the DL just can't take the crazness of fnr
anymore

You can’t just tuck tail and dart. It’s pretty imamature in the chats. On some anyway. But some of you guys fuel the inferno to no limits. Whether they are imposters are not, it’s simple to ignore.

Anyway, congrats to Graham on a great season. PG was as advertised. Wish them the best next week.

Aesculus gilmus
12-15-2017, 10:06 AM
I knew Pleasant Grove was probably going to be the real deal on steroids when I saw their 7 on 7 team in Gilmer in May.

They had way more athleticism than I had ever noticed in the past and nearly won that tournament. They don't even need to compete in 7 on 7 with their style of offense, but I knew if they were becoming good even at that, watch out.

It's still hard for me to believe the Hawks beat the Buckeyes by only three points. As Traylor used to say years ago, the "G" on our helmets cost them a couple of touchdowns. Apparently the "G" on the Graham helmets has no such mystique.

briandumith*
12-15-2017, 10:07 AM
You can’t just tuck tail and dart. It’s pretty imamature in the chats. On some anyway. But some of you guys fuel the inferno to no limits. Whether they are imposters are not, it’s simple to ignore.

Anyway, congrats to Graham on a great season. PG was as advertised. Wish them the best next week.It's not that. My youngest son I just opted for private schooling so you can concentrate on a hockey career instead of football that means no Graham and I can't concentrate on the football stuff anymore it's as simple as that man I'm pulling him from Junior High at the end of semester and he's going private schooling if we do want internet School in 3 days a week he'll be doing private hockey practice the rest of the week that's the truth simple as that I was going to quit SC anyway if they made it that far and that's the God's truth

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Agreed that was awful coach got a earful... we never do trick plays

I can't necessarily blame them for trying, but it just won't work against PG. They're so disciplined on the defensive side of the ball.

I will admit, Graham got behind the PG secondary 2 more times than I thought they would. Graham QB just couldn't connect.

hollywood
12-15-2017, 10:10 AM
It's not that. My youngest son I just opted for private schooling so you can concentrate on a hockey career instead of football that means no Graham and I can't concentrate on the football stuff anymore it's as simple as that man I'm pulling him from Junior High at the end of semester and he's going private schooling if we do want internet School in 3 days a week he'll be doing private hockey practice the rest of the week that's the truth simple as that I was going to quit SC anyway if they made it that far and that's the God's truth

Good deal. Wish you guys the best!

Deuce
12-15-2017, 10:52 AM

Anyway, congrats to Graham on a great season. PG was as advertised. Wish them the best next week.

This!!

stardog
12-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Listened to the game on the webcast. Those Graham announcers were ridiculous. Listening to them describe the action made you think the refs were from TxPG and paid extra by TxPG, the players from PG were the dirtyiest , undisciplined in Texas, the PG coach was a real jurk that dominated and controled how the refs called the game, and est. Listening to them it was poor little Graham. The Graham team is great,
didn't t go 14-1 having any weakness. Just ran into a great team that played well and Graham had a bad game. Replay the game and would be totally different . At 14-1 they talked the talk and walked the walk-- just one bad step at the end !!!

Gsquared
12-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Listened to the game on the webcast. Those Graham announcers were ridiculous. Listening to them describe the action made you think the refs were from TxPG and paid extra by TxPG, the players from PG were the dirtyiest , undisciplined in Texas, the PG coach was a real jurk that dominated and controled how the refs called the game, and est. Listening to them it was poor little Graham. The Graham team is great,
didn't t go 14-1 having any weakness. Just ran into a great team that played well and Graham had a bad game. Replay the game and would be totally different . At 14-1 they talked the talk and walked the walk-- just one bad step at the end !!!

Funny, I went to the Graham/Iowa Park game this year and was supposed to be the halftime guest on the Graham radio broadcast but they had technical issues lol

Aesculus gilmus
12-15-2017, 11:48 AM

Coach Gibson is young and hungry. Gilmer's played PG all four years he's been there and he's always tried to officiate the game himself every time. Except for the fact he's half a foot shorter, he reminds me of Coach Traylor when he was that age. A lot of our fans miss Traylor "working the refs." I actually don't think it did any good overall. However, it might have intimidated a few officiating crews. Some miss it just because it was so damned entertaining to watch.

Deuce
12-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Hats off to PG! Great team in all 3 phases of the game. I will be rooting for them next week.

Agree with most of the thoughts on Graham radio crew. Had to listen to them a couple of times this year and it was tough. The complaining about refs happens every game including the games we were blowing people out!

ogg
12-15-2017, 12:16 PM
PG is playing on another level right now. Their grove ain't so pleasant for opposing teams.

bleedgreen
12-15-2017, 12:39 PM
I tried to sit on the Graham side last night, but both levels were just too full.
I wound up sitting on the PG upper level and met some neutral fans who love the playoffs.
Both teams drew a big crowd but Carthage / La Vega will draw people from the metroplex with 7 million people.
PG had a big size advantage and it showed on the scoreboard.

toddg
12-15-2017, 12:44 PM
If they meet WOS in SC, the score will likely be 7-6, 10-7, or some such LOL! Watson can outrun PG’s D

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 01:02 PM

I heard they were pretty bad.

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 01:03 PM
Coach Gibson is young and hungry. Gilmer's played PG all four years he's been there and he's always tried to officiate the game himself every time. Except for the fact he's half a foot shorter, he reminds me of Coach Traylor when he was that age. A lot of our fans miss Traylor "working the refs." I actually don't think it did any good overall. However, it might have intimidated a few officiating crews. Some miss it just because it was so damned entertaining to watch.

Oh it worked alright. Nobody could work them refs over like Traylor.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2017, 01:17 PM

Turner works them...just in different ways.

Old Tiger
12-15-2017, 01:33 PM
It's ridiculous man. There are a lot of good games, but the chat late in the season gets stupid.

Chat and banter is what makes message boards great. Over regulate and mod them and the board will decline. It happened to this board once or twice already.

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Chat and banter is what makes message boards great. Over regulate and mod them and the board will decline. It happened to this board once or twice already.

Nah man the stuff going on in the FSSW app chat is beyond banter. Cursing, dogging kids, so forth. Trying to gamble, start fights. There's a line, and it's over it.

Deuce
12-15-2017, 01:52 PM

Big difference in banter and people just acting like complete idiots. 1/2 the people on that app are just idiots

Old Tiger
12-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Nah man the stuff going on in the FSSW app chat is beyond banter. Cursing, dogging kids, so forth. Trying to gamble, start fights. There's a line, and it's over it.

I don’t agree with dogging the kids but if idiots want to be idiots let them be idiots. I’d watch some of those neck beards fight for sure.

rb585
12-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Big difference in banter and people just acting like complete idiots. 1/2 the people on that app are just idiots

I'll bet the "over" on your estimate. That is a complete cesspool of illiterate idiots.

Sville
12-15-2017, 03:14 PM
I witnessed that domination first hand. That NG for PG is a beast. The first few drives Graham tried to block him straight up and couldn’t do it. Steers had to double team him and sometimes triple team. That left their LB’s free to do their job and they did it well. Horn had very little time to throw. I did not understand why Graham kept trying to run long developing pass the plays. I kept waiting for them to run some quicker pass plays like WR screens and swing passes to the RB. Offensively PG just man handled Graham up front. Graham could never set the edge on their outside run game. The blocking was superb by PG. Overall I was very impressed with PG’s size and speed. You could tell them boys have spent a lot of time in the weight room and they are very well coached and executed at a high level.

toddg
12-15-2017, 03:26 PM
I witnessed that domination first hand. That NG for PG is a beast. The first few drives Graham tried to block him straight up and couldn’t do it. Steers had to double team him and sometimes triple team. That left their LB’s free to do their job and they did it well. Horn had very little time to throw. I did not understand why Graham kept trying to run long developing pass the plays. I kept waiting for them to run some quicker pass plays like WR screens and swing passes to the RB. Offensively PG just man handled Graham up front. Graham could never set the edge on their outside run game. The blocking was superb by PG. Overall I was very impressed with PG’s size and speed. You could tell them boys have spent a lot of time in the weight room and they are very well coached and executed at a high level. I agree with your account, it matches mine almost to a T..Graham was just out coached, outplayed, and overmatched.

Aggie98
12-15-2017, 03:43 PM
1/2 the people on that app are just idiots

1/2 the people on this planet are idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Tiger
12-15-2017, 03:50 PM
1/2 the people on this planet are idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s being a bit generous

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 04:40 PM
I don’t agree with dogging the kids but if idiots want to be idiots let them be idiots. I’d watch some of those neck beards fight for sure.

Don't hate on the neck beard.

Sweetwater Red
12-15-2017, 04:44 PM
I had never heard of the term neck beard before Andrew Luck rose to fame.

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 04:48 PM

It's a way of life.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2017, 04:58 PM

I keep one year round LOL

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 05:27 PM
I keep one year round LOL

+1 to that.

stardog
12-15-2017, 05:31 PM
The FSFN is out of control !!! Can't make a remark without dozen slams from others. To many trolling from all other games. I hope many of them (if any) don't find the DL. Here
- you can agree to disagree. I started using the FSFN as a game. Make some off the wall remark just to see all the crazy replies. Try to figure out who a person is (if it is a real person) . A kid ? An adult ? A jerk ? What kind of person thinks or says these things ?

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 05:40 PM
The FSFN is out of control !!! Can't make a remark without dozen slams from others. To many trolling from all other games. I hope many of them (if any) don't find the DL. Here
- you can agree to disagree. I started using the FSFN as a game. Make some off the wall remark just to see all the crazy replies. Try to figure out who a person is (if it is a real person) . A kid ? An adult ? A jerk ? What kind of person thinks or says these things ?

It's terrible man. Racist remarks from both sides. I've never seen one so bad lol.

Sweetwater Red
12-15-2017, 05:49 PM
It's terrible man. Racist remarks from both sides. I've never seen one so bad lol.

What gets me is why would Dave Campbell's Texas Football and/or FSSW allow themselves to be associated with such garbage?

Matthew328
12-15-2017, 06:48 PM
What gets me is why would Dave Campbell's Texas Football and/or FSSW allow themselves to be associated with such garbage?

I dont look at the chats ever..I've let my bosses know...problem is no one moderates that stuff

Sweetwater Red
12-15-2017, 07:28 PM
I dont look at the chats ever..I've let my bosses know...problem is no one moderates that stuff

And they have stepped in and posted a group warning. That’s too bad that they don’t, they have a great app and the chats are being ruined by a small minority a few select threads.

Old Tiger
12-15-2017, 07:33 PM

I'll volunteer to mod, just give me a cool mod icon

H3llR4z0r
12-16-2017, 01:09 AM
I'll volunteer to mod, just give me a cool mod icon

That's what I'm saying. I've been an avid user on there for 3 years now. The app is great. I mean you cannot ask for a better way to keep up with scores, and enjoy some easily accessible football banter. But, I do think that they should look into selecting a few mods. Maybe even look into posts and find mature user or fan from each team that posts, just to keep the chat a little cleaner. I'd be all over the PG chat like white on rice. There's literally a guy that keeps getting banned on there. His name started as 10yearban, but he's made it to 40yearban now.