PDA

View Full Version : Carthage vs Waco La Vega at The Star Friday, December 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

oldtownag
12-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Carthage gets revenge! 35-21

bobcat1
12-10-2017, 11:15 AM
For some reason I am thinking LaVega. Carthage should win but I think they have something going on there too at LaVega.

Matthew328
12-10-2017, 11:46 AM
If I had to pick one game in the state to go see Friday this would be it...

Rabid Cougar
12-10-2017, 11:53 AM
If I had to pick one game in the state to go see Friday this would be it...

Yep. LaVega. They quietly go about doing what they have been doing the past three years , winning games...... 43-1 .

lostaussie
12-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Better put your big boy panties on for this one!!! It's gonna be a battle.

slingshot
12-10-2017, 12:41 PM
LaVega seems to be the trendy pick and they look like a small college team on the field. I still think Surratt and Carthage find a way to get it done. Carthage by 3 in a slobber knocker.

bleedgreen
12-10-2017, 02:17 PM
You might as well shut the forum down while the Cowboys are playing.

Rabid Cougar
12-10-2017, 02:38 PM
You might as well shut the forum down while the Cowboys are playing.

Who?

hollywood
12-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Carthage by 7+. Maintaining crisp offensive execution against La Vega’s tough defense key for Carthage. Carthage is a balanced team which is definitely in their favor.

Rabid Cougar
12-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Nothing trendy about them. They win. Tunnel sweep here and tunnel there. A long shot down the field and they are sitting in your end zone. They are not one dimensional by any means. They also play defense and are very good at it. The can match up with anybody... including Carthage.

LHPfactory
12-10-2017, 02:58 PM
I have La Vega in this one, they remind me of the 4A Version of North Shore. Big, strong, fast, and good. Best Defense in 4A.

solocam
12-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Carthage balanced attack on offense and good Defense get it done,Dawgs by 10

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2017, 03:09 PM
The Dawgs will not be missing 7 starters this go round, they are well balanced and can score on any play anywhere on the field.
The Dawgs are well aware of what they face in LeVega, but this go round it is the Dawgs that have the best three linebackers in 4A and a run stopping D line that also has had every QB they have faced running for their life.
The Dawg secondary has I believe 20 INT and the defense has scored 7 or 8 touch downs.
This will be a battle for four quarters, but in the end I believe the DAWGS D and K Ingram running the ball behind a great offensive line will be the difference.
If LeVega loads the box to stop the run, Carthage will run away with this game, no one can man to man the three frissby catching Dawgs. Bowens alone has 22 touch downs on 50 catches.
Dawgs by 10
Lets Go Dawgs!!!!
Go Bless coaches, players, and fans.

rb585
12-10-2017, 04:53 PM
LaVega might be the second-best team in all of 4A, but they're not nearly as good as Carthage.

Carthage by 14.

Matthew328
12-10-2017, 09:27 PM
I think the Carthage multiple pro style offense is tough challenge for any defense but if there's on D that can stop em its LaVega..game of the week in the state IMO

waterboy
12-11-2017, 10:04 AM
This is the one game I knew would happen all season. Personally, I think Carthage gets their revenge. I'm not sure by how much, and it doesn't matter. I just think this is Carthage's year for some reason.

Aggie98
12-11-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm taking Carthage for the following reasons...

1. They have the best RB in 4A in Ingram
2. They have at least the 2nd best defense in 4A-D1, with La Vega's being the only one better (on paper)
3. Carthage QB has thrown 44 TD's this season, did I mention they had the best RB in the state?
4. They are the defending Champ
5. I'm from East Texas and nobody from East Texas is going to pick La Vega and live to tell about it

Dawgs
12-11-2017, 01:30 PM
This is the one I been waiting on. Dawgs rolling. Pirates rolling. Should be a great game!

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2017, 05:10 PM
I'm taking Carthage for the following reasons...

1. They have the best RB in 4A in Ingram
2. They have at least the 2nd best defense in 4A-D1, with La Vega's being the only one better (on paper)
3. Carthage QB has thrown 44 TD's this season, did I mention they had the best RB in the state?
4. They are the defending Champ
5. I'm from East Texas and nobody from East Texas is going to pick La Vega and live to tell about it

I am from East Texas and leaning La Vega. Will make the final pick on show.

Dawgs
12-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Well stay away from the boats then. You would have to be crazy picking against Surratt in this spot. He is 5-1 in his career here. The "1" Carthage had no business being there anyway. Smart money never bets against Carthage or Surratt this late in the season. That's like betting against the house. And the house always wins!

Aggie98
12-11-2017, 07:56 PM

I have no doubt that La Vega will be the most talented team on both sides of the ball that Carthage has faced this season. They're probably even more talented than Carthage (if that's possible). But as great as that Pirate defense is, I don't think they'll have an answer for all the things that Carthage can do on offense. And La Vega is not going to be able to keep up on the scoreboard by running the football at Carthage's front 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowboyandchrist
12-11-2017, 09:50 PM
We will soon see who has the best Defense. I have not seen LeVega play and can only go by what is said on this site. I have seen the Dawgs and they have dominated 14 teams in a row.
This game has the build up of a classic.
The best player on the field belongs to the Dawgs and I believe he will be the deciding factor in this game.
Two great teams about to meet up.
Dawgs by 10
Let’s Go Dawgs!!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

slingshot
12-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Nothing trendy about them. They win. Tunnel sweep here and tunnel there. A long shot down the field and they are sitting in your end zone. They are not one dimensional by any means. They also play defense and are very good at it. The can match up with anybody... including Carthage. Never said they were trendy... just a trendy PICK on here. Still think Carthage wins.

speedbump
12-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Well stay away from the boats then. You would have to be crazy picking against Surratt in this spot. He is 5-1 in his career here. The "1" Carthage had no business being there anyway. Smart money never bets against Carthage or Surratt this late in the season. That's like betting against the house. And the house always wins!

No business being there? Didn't hear that BS before the fact.

Sville
12-11-2017, 10:12 PM
I wish this game was on TV or being streamed. I would catch the 2nd half when I got home.

speedbump
12-11-2017, 10:20 PM
I wish this game was on TV or being streamed. I would catch the 2nd half when I got home.

It will probably be on Texan Live. They don't have the schedule up yet.

Dawgs
12-11-2017, 11:16 PM
No business being there? Didn't hear that BS before the fact.

You actually got me. I guess he is 5-2. So the odds not as bad as I thought. I honestly was talking about 2015 against LV. I forgot about 2012. I always forget that was a semi-final cause we played 1 less game in the playoffs. And you are also correct. People were ordering rings in 2012, then EC sent us home on that long drive from Beaumont crying. No way I thought Carthage would lose that game that year. But the Ricebirds had much different plans.

Dawgs
12-11-2017, 11:20 PM
So this is Surratt's 11th season. He has played in the semi-final in 8 out of 11 seasons. Came in 2007. Played in the semi-final in 08', 09', 10', 12', 13', 15', 16', and 17'. 8 out of 11 ain't too shabby. This is getting ridiculous the longer it goes on. I guess all you can do is enjoy the ride. Never know when it's going to be over with. But 1 thing is for sure. Time is undefeated. It will end one day.

Aggie98
12-11-2017, 11:34 PM
So this is Surratt's 11th season. He has played in the semi-final in 8 out of 11 seasons. Came in 2007. Played in the semi-final in 08', 09', 10', 12', 13', 15', 16', and 17'. 8 out of 11 ain't too shabby. This is getting ridiculous the longer it goes on. I guess all you can do is enjoy the ride. Never know when it's going to be over with. But 1 thing is for sure. Time is undefeated. It will end one day.

He's not even 50 yet, is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itmoney100
12-12-2017, 03:37 AM
I'm so ready for this game!! I'm so tired of about LV #1 defense!! It's very simple folks they may have a great defense but how are they going to score on Carthage?? We have great defense also especially against the run!! In my opinion Carthage will force them to pass the ball more by limiting the run and putting them in unfamiliar situations. Carthage has too many weapons on offense. I don't care how great your defense is you can't stop all of them and they're comfortable doing anything passing , running it doesn't matter!! I think Carthage proves why they're the best team in 4A and one of the best teams in state this Friday in a statement win against LV!!! LV is not playing China Spring or Liberty Hill on Friday which is the two toughest teams they've played all season!! Carthage is a way different Beast!!! That can score in multiple ways!! And they have one of the best if not the best defenses in 4A!! Is it Friday yet!!!! Time to put the critics to rest!!! DawyDynasty rolls right into the State Championship game!!

ctown81
12-12-2017, 07:56 AM
I was just speaking with a friend about this game. We believe without a doubt that Surratt and company have been preparing for this game all year. Lavega will definitely see things that weren't on film on Friday. The whole playbook will be open Friday night. Say what you will about Lavega's D. I know they haven't faced a TRUE balanced attack all year. Carthage runs and passes at an elite level. It's going to be a game but I say Carthage by 10.

bleedgreen
12-12-2017, 08:40 AM
There has to be an end to the Ingram family at some point in time.

ctown81
12-12-2017, 11:41 AM
There has to be an end to the Ingram family at some point in time.

It'll be a while. Kinda like the Brown family in Henderson.

Ville-D
12-12-2017, 12:05 PM
I'm going with LaVagee in a tight one. By 2

ctown81
12-12-2017, 12:49 PM
I'm going with LaVagee in a tight one. By 2
Who do yall match up better with?

Ville-D
12-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Who do yall match up better with?

Neither... All hope is lost for us. But... we weren't supposed to get by Brownwood, Wylie, Argyle or Hirschi. And now we are not supposed to get by Kennedale. So I'd rather have to "not supposed to be getting by" LaVag next week.

I'm just an old armchair QB... my opinions aren't worth much.

:twitch: :rolleyes:

itmoney100
12-12-2017, 04:24 PM
I'm so ready for this game!! I'm so tired of about LV #1 defense!! It's very simple folks they may have a great defense but how are they going to score on Carthage?? We have great defense also especially against the run!! In my opinion Carthage will force them to pass the ball more by limiting the run and putting them in unfamiliar situations. Carthage has too many weapons on offense. I don't care how great your defense is you can't stop all of them and they're comfortable doing anything passing , running it doesn't matter!! I think Carthage proves why they're the best team in 4A and one of the best teams in state this Friday in a statement win against LV!!! LV is not playing China Spring or Liberty Hill on Friday which is the two toughest teams they've played all season!! Carthage is a way different Beast!!! That can score in multiple ways!! And they have one of the best if not the best defenses in 4A!! Is it Friday yet!!!! Time to put the critics to rest!!! DawyDynasty rolls right into the State Championship game!!

Rocket Man
12-12-2017, 04:31 PM

What's a "DawyDynasty"? :spitlol:

H3llR4z0r
12-12-2017, 06:20 PM
To me, this has a very strong State Championship feel to it. These are the 2 best teams in 4A, in my opinion, with Carthage being the best. I think Carthage wins this game. It would not surprise me if it were close or not, only if Carthage loss. This will be the real test for Surratt and company. Let's see how this looks, as opposed to 2015. I'm feeling some revenge coming on.

Matthew328
12-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Surratt is going have some wrinkles for LaVega especially with Ingram and his versatility

itmoney100
12-13-2017, 03:10 AM
What's a "DawyDynasty"? :spitlol:
You'll see the DAWGDYNASTY in action Friday night!!

d0tc0m
12-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Surratt is going have some wrinkles for LaVega especially with Ingram and his versatility

Is it feasible that LaVega may have some wrinkles, too? Or is that patent held in Panola County?

stardog
12-13-2017, 08:45 AM
This game is so big - could the winner have a let down and lose the championship ?

d0tc0m
12-13-2017, 09:03 AM
This game is so big - could the winner have a let down and lose the championship ?

Yes. Not on paper. But it's possible. Because there are two pretty salty teams on the other side of the bracket.

Rocket Man
12-13-2017, 12:53 PM
You'll see the DAWGDYNASTY in action Friday night!!

No, I won't..............I'll be at home comfortable in my recliner...............I was just funnin' anyway.

Matthew328
12-13-2017, 02:41 PM
Its possible but Surratt and his staff have a history of this kind of thing....if I am giving an edge in the coaching matchup its with Carthage

Rabid Cougar
12-13-2017, 07:23 PM

I vaguely remember CS stopping Carthage pretty well last year.

Rabid Cougar
12-13-2017, 07:24 PM
Its possible but Surratt and his staff have a history of this kind of thing....if I am giving an edge in the coaching matchup its with Carthage

No! Willie is coming through this time.

Sville
12-13-2017, 08:25 PM
No! Willie is coming through this time.

I watched the Carthage v LV semi game from a couple of years ago today on youtube. It was the LV staff that got the better of the Carthage defensive staff that day.

cowboyandchrist
12-13-2017, 08:52 PM
LV did get the best of the Dawg D in 2015, that’s obvious. Coaching had less to do with it as missing five starters. How would the Ville do this weekend if half their defense was missing.
Surprise, this ain’t 2015 and the Dawgs Defense is 100 percent healthy except the DI sophomore that went down with a broken leg in game two.

cowboyandchrist
12-13-2017, 08:54 PM
That is the same CS that beat LV, but failed to beat the Dawgs who had five turn overs in that game.

hollywood
12-13-2017, 09:32 PM
Is there a storm brewing in East Texas this week?

Matthew328
12-13-2017, 09:48 PM
I think Carthage was missing Ingram in that LaVega game in 2015 also

Dawgs
12-13-2017, 11:03 PM

Been pretty much an F5 tornado since about week 6. This is a very different season than we are used to in Carthage. Either everybody in our district and R3 is way down or this is the best Carthage team in history to this point. We have never dominated like this all season.

Dawgs
12-13-2017, 11:04 PM
I think Carthage was missing Ingram in that LaVega game in 2015 also

Broken ankle in the R3 final on his 1st carry the week before against Silsbee.

But it wouldn't have mattered. LV was a matchup nightmare for Carthage that year. We had big trouble stopping the run, and we had zero run game after Ingram went down. We had a special run, but remember that was a 4 loss team.

itmoney100
12-14-2017, 12:44 AM
I vaguely remember CS stopping Carthage pretty well last year.
I vaguely remember LV being at home playing basketball this time last year because they got beat by CS!! I vaguely remember Carthage win a state championship last year!! What bearing does that have on this game last year was last year. Just like 2015 game against LV is in the past. Just like Carthage 5 state championships in the past it's all about this year but we do have the pedigree for success! Is it Friday yet!!!! Time to let the dogs off the leash!!!

oldtownag
12-14-2017, 09:26 AM

Don't encourage him!

bleedgreen
12-14-2017, 05:21 PM
How much time does it take to get from Cowboys stadium to Frisco Star so I can see who Kennedale plays?

Rocket Man
12-14-2017, 05:53 PM
How much time does it take to get from Cowboys stadium to Frisco Star so I can see who Kennedale plays?

This will be fun...............:1popcorn:

bansheefan03
12-14-2017, 07:39 PM
A hour r two depending on time of day

bleedgreen
12-15-2017, 12:02 PM
The Frisco Star is going to be rockin' tonight. I think it holds 15,000 and could be a sell-out

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 08:20 PM
La Vega 20 Carthage 3 2nd qtr

WTG Pirates! R4!

waterboy
12-15-2017, 08:49 PM
La Vega 20 Carthage 3 2nd qtr

WTG Pirates! R4!

Bwahaha! This ain't taking long!

21-0 Carthage
Over 7 minutes left in 1st

Aesculus gilmus
12-15-2017, 08:52 PM
And Surratt ain't ever leaving Carthage. Sorry, haters. He probably doesn't want to wander around the country, moving every year or two the way Traylor's having to do.

waterboy
12-15-2017, 08:54 PM
And Surratt ain't ever leaving Carthage. Sorry, haters. He probably doesn't want to wander around the country, moving every year or two the way Traylor's having to do.

Agreed. I am not sure there's a better coach out there than Surratt.

waterboy
12-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Nice run for La Vega for the TD.

21-7

Matthew328
12-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Nice run for La Vega for the TD.

21-7

28-7 now

Matthew328
12-15-2017, 09:35 PM
28-14

waterboy
12-15-2017, 10:30 PM
31-14

waterboy
12-15-2017, 10:43 PM
31-20

Third TO for Carthage. La Vega also has three.

panfan
12-15-2017, 10:51 PM
So what is the real score, seems some
are posting bogus scores

solocam
12-15-2017, 10:53 PM
31 20 carthage leads

waterboy
12-15-2017, 10:54 PM
are posting bogus scores

I am watching the live feed. Carthage just blocked a punt. Carthage ball inside the ten at the 8.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 10:56 PM
are posting bogus scores
yea the one that gave me the score didnt realize he was watching a replay i think from last season

waterboy
12-15-2017, 10:56 PM
TD Carthage!

38-20

11:12 4th

solocam
12-15-2017, 10:57 PM
38 20

Bosqueville
12-15-2017, 10:59 PM
Not the cleanest game you’d expect in the semifinal.

waterboy
12-15-2017, 11:06 PM
38-26

Seven TO's - 4 by Carthage, not to mention several critical penalties.

waterboy
12-15-2017, 11:09 PM
La Vega is fixing to get a heavy dose of Ingram.

waterboy
12-15-2017, 11:18 PM
It ain't over just yet.

38-32

3:44 4th

waterboy
12-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Onside kick fails. First play afterward TD Carthage. Ingram from 46 yards out. 2-point conversion good.

46-32

waterboy
12-15-2017, 11:30 PM
TD La Vega!

46-39
1:16 to go

Onside coming up

waterboy
12-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Did not go 10 yards. Carthage ball. Taking a couple of knees.

Carthage vs. Kennedale for the SC

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Wow....La Vega went down swinging. Good job on both sides for never quitting.

waterboy
12-15-2017, 11:39 PM
A pretty sloppy game by both teams, but it was a slugfest in the end.

SouthTexas Lobo
12-16-2017, 07:18 AM
I would like to see the stats from this game, surprising how many points La Vega put up on Carthage. The dogs did get the win.

LHPfactory
12-16-2017, 09:37 AM
I would like to see the stats from this game, surprising how many points La Vega put up on Carthage. The dogs did get the win.

That missed field goal from the 15 at the end of the first half and 4 missed extra points by La Vega were the 7 point difference in the end.
That and the 21-0 jump start in first quarter really made the difference in this game.

Carthage is definitely beatable is the take away from this game.
Curious how Carthage will do against a T offense.

bansheefan03
12-16-2017, 01:06 PM
All I hear is Carthage jumped out 2 21 lead cause of lavega turn overs but fail to acknowledge the 21 points lavega got off of Carthage turnovers deep in there own end which is unusual for carthage and no we're not forced either. Carthage only got 14 off of there turnovers

bansheefan03
12-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Also Carthage missed a fg too

oldtownag
12-16-2017, 02:16 PM
That missed field goal from the 15 at the end of the first half and 4 missed extra points by La Vega were the 7 point difference in the end.
That and the 21-0 jump start in first quarter really made the difference in this game.

Scoreboard!

Dawgs
12-16-2017, 03:40 PM

What? So Carthage is beatable. We played about as sloppy as you could against the #2 team in the state and beat them. I hate to break the news to everybody but Carthage is not beatable. They will not lose a game, and will be on a 26 game win streak at the end of the year. Carthage shoulda ran LV out of that building. But sloppy QB play and honestly some questionable play calling kept them in it. Hats off to LV. That is a tough team.

LHPfactory
12-16-2017, 05:44 PM
What? So Carthage is beatable. We played about as sloppy as you could against the #2 team in the state and beat them. I hate to break the news to everybody but Carthage is not beatable. They will not lose a game, and will be on a 26 game win streak at the end of the year. Carthage shoulda ran LV out of that building. But sloppy QB play and honestly some questionable play calling kept them in it. Hats off to LV. That is a tough team.

Come on Kennedale, BBQ some crow for this guy

Dawgs
12-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Come on Kennedale, BBQ some crow for this guy

Yea right. Everybody was going to do it. 1st people were saying Argyle. Then people were saying LV. Now people are wishing it would be Kennedale. Everybody just take a step back and enjoy a little greatness. Yea last night was an absolute dog fight. Both teams were just flat out mean. The only team that could match the intensity and physicality of Carthage just got sent home last night. Carthage is in the midst of an all time great season. We have played 1 close game, and that game wasn't that close. I never felt like LV was gonna win. Never. Even when they had the MO I knew Carthage could make the plays to get it done. LV showed heart. QB threw some ducks that dropped in for TD. It happens. Heck some of that had to do with the starters never playing the 4th quarter. These boys are the same ones that were the cardiac dawgs last year. Except they are a year older. It's the same play makers. They just have thebrefuse to lose attitude. When you get on a streak like Carthage is on, and you have the athletes you become almost unbeatable. Ask WOS. Were they beatable last year? I don't think so.

cowboyandchrist
12-16-2017, 07:11 PM
I agree with the Dawg, if you were at the game, you saw our QB have the worst game he had all year. Three of the turn overs were not caused by the La Vega defense. On the other hand the Dawg defense caused everyone of La Vega's turnovers.
Take away the first two self inflicked turn overs of the Dawgs and it is 35 to 0 at the half. The Dawg defense got put behind the eight ball five times last night.
La Vega was ligit, but don't let the touch down passes they threw fool you, the QB was getting planted like corn when he through up the floating balloons. He threw one great pass for a TD at the end of the fourth quarter.
The La Vega defense was for real and in my opinion they are not any better than the Dawg defense. Their linebackers were the best we have played and the secondary did what I did not think could be done and that is play man on man pass coverage.
The LV offense ran four plays all night and when we would get them in 3rd and for ever or 4th and 10, they would make the play.
They had really good tailbacks and each one had a totally different style. Once they got to the second level they were gone.
The Dawg defense played the tails off last night and I guarantee the LV QB and running backs were packed in ice after that game. The LV QB has to be one tuff son of a gun, he got lit up and crushed more times than you could imagine.
Great ball game by the two top teams in 4A DI.