PDA

View Full Version : West Orange-Stark (12-0) vs Wimberley (13-1) 4AD2 Semis 2017

Pages : [1] 2

WOS87
12-08-2017, 11:36 PM
These two have only played once but it was a somewhat historic game back in the 2005 State Semifinals. Wimberley won 52-29 setting the record for most points scored against WO-S ever and it still stands today. Wimberley went on to win the state title. In 8 Semifinal appearances that was the only loss WO-S has ever had, advancing to the Finals the other 7 times. WO-S is definitely not looking as dominant offensively as they were last year but the defense is almost as stout racking up 4 shutouts in the last 6 games and not allowing any team to score more than 3 TDs against them since Cuero scored 28 points two years ago this week. WO-S also has a 39 game win streak on the line dating back to a loss to Richmond Foster in 2015 and a 16 game playoff game winning streak surpassing their streak of 15 set in the 1986-1988 run.

Will the Texans make it 2-0 against the Mustangs or will WO-S get payback from that 2005 loss and extend the streak to 40?

rb585
12-09-2017, 01:01 AM
The good news for you is that we're not as good as we were in 2005.

Our weak link which cropped up again tonight is poor tackling.

But I'm really excited to play WOS again. (And glad we're not playing that team you had last season.)

I'm guessing we'll play in Katy again because Angleton-Manvel will get NRG?

regaleagle
12-09-2017, 01:46 AM
I'm sticking with Wimberley like I have all season long. Besides.....the Texans have played the tougher schedule and won. WOS hasn't lost yet either, but it gets tougher now. Wimberley's outstanding passing qb and quality receiving corps should give WOS all they can handle. I'm sure the coaching staffs will be working many hours this week.

rb585
12-09-2017, 01:55 AM
From Statesman article:

Texans coach Doug Warren said the semifinal will be played Friday, likely in Katy, but school officials will gather Saturday morning to finalize the details.

Twirling Time
12-09-2017, 02:07 AM
My bad math strikes again. Disregard my post.

WOS1
12-09-2017, 02:19 AM
I'm sticking with Wimberley like I have all season long. Besides.....the Texans have played the tougher schedule and won. WOS hasn't lost yet either, but it gets tougher now. Wimberley's outstanding passing qb and quality receiving corps should give WOS all they can handle. I'm sure the coaching staffs will be working many hours this week.

Hmmmm I dunno bout all of that. Did they play anyone close to Kennedale?

regaleagle
12-09-2017, 02:24 AM
One tough opponent in a very close game does not accurately reflect the schedule of 12 or 13 games......especially the last half of the schedule.

WOS1
12-09-2017, 02:44 AM
One tough opponent in a very close game does not accurately reflect the schedule of 12 or 13 games......especially the last half of the schedule.
So since you're breaking it down to eliminate a win against a powerhouse thats still playing. Please, tell me how you are coming up with this. Lol

hollywood
12-09-2017, 02:46 AM

We’ll give you latest news on Kennedale in about a week. ;)

speedbump
12-09-2017, 02:56 AM

No but overall the schedules were about the same. Cueros pass defense looked like my Ricebirds and that aint no compliment. LOL

WOS1
12-09-2017, 02:57 AM
We’ll give you latest news on Kennedale in about a week. ;)

Should be a good one. I believe they hung 63 tonight.

WOS87
12-09-2017, 03:16 AM
http://m.orangeleader.com/2017/12/08/stangs-shut-down-salado/

WOS87
12-09-2017, 03:21 AM

What were Liberty and Salado and Kennedale averaging in scoring ppg? Salado and Liberty held to goose eggs, Kennedale hasn’t been held to less than 42 except in our game when they managed 20.

Minus the losses to us Kennedale is 13-0, Salado 12-1, Madisonville 11-1. Those are higher quality wins than anyone Wimbo has played other than Cuero.

rb585
12-09-2017, 07:21 AM
No but overall the schedules were about the same. Cueros pass defense looked like my Ricebirds and that aint no compliment. LOL

Does El Campo also have a 5-star recruit playing in the secondary?

WOS1
12-09-2017, 09:54 AM
What were Liberty and Salado and Kennedale averaging in scoring ppg? Salado and Liberty held to goose eggs, Kennedale hasn’t been held to less than 42 except in our game when they managed 20.

Minus the losses to us Kennedale is 13-0, Salado 12-1, Madisonville 11-1. Those are higher quality wins than anyone Wimbo has played other than Cuero.

That was kind of my thinking too, 87.

pirate4state
12-09-2017, 10:00 AM
I'm gonna have to take half a day off on Friday cause I ain't missing this game!

One of my WOS buddies gonna have to buy me a ticket :D

wimbo_pro
12-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Go Texans! I have not kept up with our Texans this year, or last year either, sad to say...but I did watch the game last night live streaming. It was a great game, but I saw areas that looked worrisome, comparing to the two other state championship runs. BUT...that's only one game...so I cannot draw any conclusions from it with confidence. I have a relative on the coaching staff, so I get his input as well. But can someone else tell me what they saw last night as it compares to the rest of the season, especially on D?

rb585
12-09-2017, 10:33 AM
7:30 Friday at Katy Legacy Stadium

rb585
12-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Go Texans! I have not kept up with our Texans this year, or last year either, sad to say...but I did watch the game last night live streaming. It was a great game, but I saw areas that looked worrisome, comparing to the two other state championship runs. BUT...that's only one game...so I cannot draw any conclusions from it with confidence. I have a relative on the coaching staff, so I get his input as well. But can someone else tell me what they saw last night as it compares to the rest of the season, especially on D?

He have games where we tackle really poorly (Navarro) and games where we tackle pretty well (Sweeny). We didn't tackle very well last night, though #24 did have a lot to do with it.

rb585
12-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Salado and Navarro are basically the same team.

Madisonville vs Sweeny? We had the Cuero people telling us for weeks that Sweeny was the 2nd-best team in the state. (They weren't.)

YTBulldogs
12-09-2017, 10:53 AM
7:30 Friday at Katy Legacy Stadium

Great venue. We played there last Saturday. Amazing what 70M can build ya. This game will be close, but---I think WOS reign finally comes to an end. Nice run.

Celina8
12-09-2017, 11:56 AM
You know WOS is the two time defending State Champ and they play solid defense and I think they are pretty healthy as a team with no injuries that I have heard. The Texans are a great team, but I have to say WOS makes it to the Finals and plays Pleasant Groves.

speedbump
12-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Does El Campo also have a 5-star recruit playing in the secondary?

No - don't need one. Would it help?

WOS1
12-09-2017, 01:33 PM
I'm gonna have to take half a day off on Friday cause I ain't missing this game!

One of my WOS buddies gonna have to buy me a ticket :D
You got it!

pirate4state
12-09-2017, 01:54 PM
You got it!

WOO! Gonna be a great game. I can't wait to see if Wimberley's passing game can crack that staunch WOS D!

Wimberley gonna have to tighten up their D!

Should be fun! Early weather forecasts look good too! :2thumbsup

WOS1
12-09-2017, 02:38 PM
WOO! Gonna be a great game. I can't wait to see if Wimberley's passing game can crack that staunch WOS D!

Wimberley gonna have to tighten up their D!

Should be fun! Early weather forecasts look good too! :2thumbsup

Yes... we dont like REAL cold!

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Well, seeing as how I live in Katy, I might just have to go to this one.

rb585
12-10-2017, 12:45 AM
Extremely biased highlights of the 2005 game at 17:05 of this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAy8nupclk

SintonFan_inAustin
12-10-2017, 07:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0lILyDtIA&feature=youtu.be

SintonFan_inAustin
12-10-2017, 07:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbajQJWdBDA

rb585
12-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Hey WOS87, I remember a couple of years ago remarking about how small WOS's lines were, and you told me that the coach required a timed mile (?) run (8 min?) to make the team, which eliminated a bunch of big guys.

I'm watching vids of this year's team and there's no way that #79 ran an 8 minute mile... Does the coach no longer have that rule?

rb585
12-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Saw a tweet that said that Weeks had decommitted from TxSt baseball.

I hope he turns his phone off until Saturday.

GUNHO
12-11-2017, 05:18 PM

It was really non-existent.Their overall defense was not the defense their stats show.No pressure at all on the QB.Hopefully the Mustangs can do a better job.

Tejastrue
12-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Starts about the 3 min. mark

https://www.texasfootball.com/monday-morning-fallout-sub-fbs-success-cruelest-round/ (https://www.texasfootball.com/monday-morning-fallout-sub-fbs-success-cruelest-round/)

Tejastrue
12-11-2017, 06:46 PM
On another site per GUNHO: Wimberley's QB takes a very deep drop and most of his receivers were wide open. I really was not that impressed anyone could catch those. If we can play their receivers tight, get a good pass rush I think we will be ok.

:2thumbsup

GUNHO
12-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Starts about the 3 min. mark

https://www.texasfootball.com/monday-morning-fallout-sub-fbs-success-cruelest-round/ (https://www.texasfootball.com/monday-morning-fallout-sub-fbs-success-cruelest-round/)

About sums it up.Going to be a good one.

WOS1
12-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Hey WOS87, I remember a couple of years ago remarking about how small WOS's lines were, and you told me that the coach required a timed mile (?) run (8 min?) to make the team, which eliminated a bunch of big guys.

I'm watching vids of this year's team and there's no way that #79 ran an 8 minute mile... Does the coach no longer have that rule?

It's 10 minutes for lineman (always has been) and yes he still has the rule and yes #79 made his time. Remember, video adds 10 lbs :), but Mims moves pretty good for a big boy.

WOS1
12-11-2017, 07:32 PM
On another site per GUNHO: Wimberley's QB takes a very deep drop and most of his receivers were wide open. I really was not that impressed anyone could catch those. If we can play their receivers tight, get a good pass rush I think we will be ok.

Hmmmm, I think that's a pretty fair assessment. You don't?

Tejastrue
12-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Don't think he has watched enough film to see the tight catches our recievers have made over the season. There is something to be said about the "wide open" too.

rb585
12-11-2017, 08:16 PM
It's 10 minutes for lineman (always has been) and yes he still has the rule and yes #79 made his time. Remember, video adds 10 lbs :), but Mims moves pretty good for a big boy.

He's quick for a dude his size. He's just more, uh... plump than the WOS linemen I've seen in the past. (He looks like he'd fit right in on our line!)

rb585
12-11-2017, 08:19 PM

It's amazing that every team we've played has had a terrible pass defense, even the one with a 5-star recruit in the secondary.

Just imagine how many passing yards we would have put up against those schleps if we had an O-line that could pass-block well, several receivers who had the skills to get open, and a QB with a strong and accurate arm!

WOS1
12-11-2017, 08:46 PM
Don't think he has watched enough film to see the tight catches our recievers have made over the season. There is something to be said about the "wide open" too.
I think his comments were more a refernce to the fact we need to stay tight. Cuero didnt do that so not surprising they caught a bunch of balls. We have to put heat on Weeks and stay on our man, pretty good game plan. We cant let him stand around back there and pick his targets.

GUNHO
12-11-2017, 08:49 PM

Just my assessment of that game.Not implying it is every game.And if we can't do the things I stated ya'll will be playing one of those other teams...what's their names again.One starts with a G and the other with a P I think.lol

rb585
12-11-2017, 08:53 PM
I think his comments were more a refernce to the fact we need to stay tight. Cuero didnt do that so not surprising they caught a bunch of balls. We have to put heat on Weeks and stay on our man, pretty good game plan. We cant let him stand around back there and pick his targets.

Cuero's game plan coming in was to give Weeks plenty of time to throw and play loose on the receivers.

Same with Sweeny. And Sinton.

It scares me that y'all are smarter than them. :p

WOS1
12-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Cuero's game plan coming in was to give Weeks plenty of time to throw and play loose on the receivers.

Same with Sweeny. And Sinton.

It scares me that y'all are smarter than them. :p
Not smarter... i think the hope is we are more capable... ill also say, if there is a defense in the state that is capable of it. I think we are. We may not be, but you have to start with a plan, right?

Tejastrue
12-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Capable indeed.

rb585
12-11-2017, 11:36 PM
Not smarter... i think the hope is we are more capable... ill also say, if there is a defense in the state that is capable of it. I think we are. We may not be, but you have to start with a plan, right?

I'm just saying that Cuero had what looked to be a very capable defense (most scores allowed in a game all season -- 3, 3 shutouts, 120 points allowed all season) and had the same plan. Yet suddenly, their defense sucks:

It was really non-existent.Their overall defense was not the defense their stats show.No pressure at all on the QB.

Cueros pass defense looked like my Ricebirds and that aint no compliment. LOL

That's kind of mystifying to me how suddenly their defense went terrible as soon as they played Wimberley. Especially because the same thing happened to Sweeny (4 shutouts).

I wonder if we sprinkle some sort of magic potion on the field before the game that confuses the other team's secondary and pass rush? Seems like the most likely explanation.

rb585
12-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Just for grins, here's the 2005 thread: http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?38249-Wimberley-vs-WOS

I was posting then as "WORM."

(Not really.)

WOS87
12-12-2017, 12:19 AM
I'm just saying that Cuero had what looked to be a very capable defense (most scores allowed in a game all season -- 3, 3 shutouts, 120 points allowed all season) and had the same plan. Yet suddenly, their defense sucks:

Yeah we heard that same argument last year when Navarro beat Cuero but you saw how that ended the next week.

rb585
12-12-2017, 12:32 AM
Yeah we heard that same argument last year when Navarro beat Cuero but you saw how that ended the next week.

Y'all were literally unbeatable last season. One of the best teams ever. No one but a few dim-witted Navarro parents thought they had a chance to win that one.

speedbump
12-12-2017, 12:53 AM

And Cuero had given up less than 100 last year going into the Navarro game.

griff
12-12-2017, 09:56 AM
Just for grins, here's the 2005 thread: http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?38249-Wimberley-vs-WOS

I was posting then as "WORM."

(Not really.)

Many entertaining posters from that time that no longer hang out here.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-12-2017, 11:20 AM

That's kind of mystifying to me how suddenly their defense went terrible as soon as they played Wimberley. Especially because the same thing happened to Sweeny (4 shutouts).

I wonder if we sprinkle some sort of magic potion on the field before the game that confuses the other team's secondary and pass rush? Seems like the most likely explanation.

Sinton secondary didn't know what hit them in the 1st qtr, 35 pts well 7 of them on int for td. Looking at the game few times it look like they were suprise how quick the ball got to a spot and Wimberley wr knew where qb was throwing it making it look easy. There was some tight coverage he still put the ball where it needed to be.

Sinton gave up 10 points in 2nd half but think mostly to both teams going to the ground game more and chewing up the clock. Last season, Sinton was able to get to him more often this season think #88 was the only one that got to him and put some pressure when he wasn't double team.

Is this game going to be on Texanlive.com?

d0tc0m
12-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Many entertaining posters from that time that no longer hang out here.

We've lost many good ones from the Golden Years of TXDL.

rb585
12-12-2017, 02:08 PM
I will say that Earl Thomas is one of my favorite NFL players, and why I root for WOS every week except this one: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21437934/seattle-seahawks-safety-earl-thomas-bond-orange-texas

pirate4state
12-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Sinton secondary didn't know what hit them in the 1st qtr, 35 pts well 7 of them on int for td. Looking at the game few times it look like they were suprise how quick the ball got to a spot and Wimberley wr knew where qb was throwing it making it look easy. There was some tight coverage he still put the ball where it needed to be.

Sinton gave up 10 points in 2nd half but think mostly to both teams going to the ground game more and chewing up the clock. Last season, Sinton was able to get to him more often this season think #88 was the only one that got to him and put some pressure when he wasn't double team.

Is this game going to be on Texanlive.com?

Just stop. We just weren't very good in the secondary. Hughes has the speed to keep up, but he needs to hit the weight room. Nothing we can do about his height (or lack thereof), but he can improve his technique and the coaches and/or his dad will get him there. We played off the ball cause we didn't want to get burned deep and did anyway LOL.

Daryl did get to Weeks, so I'm sure someone from WOS can get to him too. Did Sweeny or Cuero even get near him?

rb585
12-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Daryl did get to Weeks, so I'm sure someone from WOS can get to him too. Did Sweeny or Cuero even get near him?

We've been keeping the RB in to block basically since French nearly destroyed Jojo on that play. And he's an excellent blocker.

rb585
12-12-2017, 04:31 PM
http://www.orangeleader.com/2017/12/12/mustangs-readying-for-for-tall-semifinal-test-against-texans/

GUNHO
12-12-2017, 05:47 PM
http://www.orangeleader.com/2017/12/12/mustangs-readying-for-for-tall-semifinal-test-against-texans/

Good article.Coach T seems to have Wimberly pegged pretty good. He knows what the Mustangs have to do to be successful.And that my friends remains to be seen.

H3llR4z0r
12-12-2017, 06:15 PM
This game will be interesting. WOS has been letting teams stick around till the end of the game the past 3 weeks. Could Wimberley be the wrong team to let stick around? Here we go!

GUNHO
12-12-2017, 08:05 PM
This game will be interesting. WOS has been letting teams stick around till the end of the game the past 3 weeks. Could Wimberley be the wrong team to let stick around? Here we go!

That can go both ways.Remember Wimberly has had one game where they had to go to overtime to win it and then lost their next game I think.But give them credit they have rolled sense then.Wo-s has only given up 29 points in the playoffs but have had problems scoring a lot of points.It's hard to go against a team that's hitting on all cylinders opposed to a team that seems to be struggling.Will find out Friday.

WOS1
12-12-2017, 10:09 PM

The same thing happened last year. Cuero's defense was even better than this years, then they lost to Navarro and we heard the same thing from the Navarro folks. Then we heard the same thing from the Sweetwater folks who ran the same offense as Wimbo. They didn't score an offensive TD. Yes, that was last year, but we heard the same sort of things about Kennedale this year who is still scoring 60 points a game this late in the playoffs... We held them to their lowest output of the season. So it shouldn't be a surprise that we think that, just maybe, we might be able to do what others haven't... At least lately anyway. There have been times this year that Wimbo has showed they are human.

We might NOT be able to slow them down, who knows... It wouldn't be the first time we were wrong on our thought process, but recent history says that there is a chance... However small it might be.

H3llR4z0r
12-12-2017, 10:09 PM
That can go both ways.Remember Wimberly has had one game where they had to go to overtime to win it and then lost their next game I think.But give them credit they have rolled sense then.Wo-s has only given up 29 points in the playoffs but have had problems scoring a lot of points.It's hard to go against a team that's hitting on all cylinders opposed to a team that seems to be struggling.Will find out Friday.

I think it could be a good one. I'm sure Coach Thompson will have his crew ready. Wish it were closer.

ogg
12-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Guess I'll go to some Roadrunner games soon.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Weeks-46050496

ogg
12-12-2017, 11:28 PM

Wimbo has always tried to schedule quality teams and many times, larger schools pre-district (like many other good programs do). They'll move players around, try different things/plays and we all hate to drop some of these games but we all understand the process. So yeah.....Wimbo has rolled since then. BTW, There's been some positive changes made on defense around the end of district play. What they were isn't who they are.

ogg
12-12-2017, 11:50 PM

....and they (Cuero) are " a very capable defense" against a one dimensional offense. Load the box and play man to man down field cause they have the athletes to do it. Teams like that run across a very good two dimensional offense along with a quality oline they struggle.

WOS1
12-13-2017, 01:22 AM
....and they (Cuero) are " a very capable defense" against a one dimensional offense. Load the box and play man to man down field cause they have the athletes to do it. Teams like that run across a very good two dimensional offense along with a quality oline they struggle.

Are we talking about Cuero or WOS?

WOS has proved they can play defense against plenty of "two dimensional" teams.

d0tc0m
12-13-2017, 08:42 AM
I have been so steeped in 2005 nostalgia with this thread that I haven't commented yet. But this ought to be a very, very fun matchup.

It's hard to pick against WOS because their defense is just so dang good. I don't know how they do it down there, but for the past four years - and, truly, further back than that - the Mustangs are just otherworldly on the defensive side of the ball. And that defensive unit doesn't seem fazed at all that the offense isn't scoring many points. I don't know how long it's been since a team truly came out and popped WOS in the mouth out of the gate, but that's what Wimberley is going to have to figure out how to do. You can't slow-play the Mustangs. Their defense just gets better as the game goes on, and the offense seems to always find an opportunity when it's most needed. The Texans have to take that away. I think if Wimberley can come out and score quickly on their first couple of possessions, and then put together a couple of successful grind-it-out drives that end in points, they win. But if the Texans let this game stay too close and are in a position where the WOS defense can win it, then I like the Mustangs.

Either way, I love this matchup! Hope all you fans stay safe while traveling and hope it's a clean, injury free game with fair officiating!

YTBulldogs
12-13-2017, 08:49 AM
Harris:
WO-Stark-Wimberley pick 'em

Saggy Aggie
12-13-2017, 09:08 AM
Well, seeing as how I live in Katy, I might just have to go to this one.

Changed my mind, gonna go watch angleton and Manvel at NRG

GUNHO
12-13-2017, 10:55 AM
I have been so steeped in 2005 nostalgia with this thread that I haven't commented yet. But this ought to be a very, very fun matchup.

It's hard to pick against WOS because their defense is just so dang good. I don't know how they do it down there, but for the past four years - and, truly, further back than that - the Mustangs are just otherworldly on the defensive side of the ball. And that defensive unit doesn't seem fazed at all that the offense isn't scoring many points. I don't know how long it's been since a team truly came out and popped WOS in the mouth out of the gate, but that's what Wimberley is going to have to figure out how to do. You can't slow-play the Mustangs.Their defense just gets better as the game goes on, and the offense seems to always find an opportunity when it's most needed. The Texans have to take that away. I think if Wimberley can come out and score quickly on their first couple of possessions, and then put together a couple of successful grind-it-out drives that end in points, they win. But if the Texans let this game stay too close and are in a position where the WOS defense can win it, then I like the Mustangs.

Either way, I love this matchup! Hope all you fans stay safe while traveling and hope it's a clean, injury free game with fair officiating!

Wimberly 2005 Simi.lol.Great assessment.

regaleagle
12-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Something happens to a team and coaching staff....even all the fans.....when a team gets on a long winning streak. I know because it happened to us in Argyle. The players become convinced they will not lose, and communication and trust between the coaches and players becomes so clear and understood that it can never be this way at any other time. The players believe, the coaches believe, the fans believe.....whatever happens, the team will still win in the end. This becomes a HUGE advantage not even taken into account by anyone.....certainly not the opposition. Everybody acknowledges this fact subconsciously....even the opposition......and that's where the advantage lurks.....almost hidden from realization. Does this mean WOS will win this week? Nope.....just that they have a hidden advantage that even they don't think about.

pirate4state
12-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Changed my mind, gonna go watch angleton and Manvel at NRG

Boo!

rb585
12-13-2017, 03:31 PM
WOS has an exceptional defense, better than any Wimberley has played. The extremely efficient offense isn't going to be extremely efficient this Friday -- there's just no way.

Wimberley won't score into the 40s like usual, but they're going to be the best offense WOS has played, so WOS will not shut them down, and that means that WOS's offense scoring 14 or 17 won't cut it.

First team to 28 points wins?

GobblersUnite
12-13-2017, 05:12 PM
WOS has an exceptional defense, better than any Wimberley has played. The extremely efficient offense isn't going to be extremely efficient this Friday -- there's just no way.

Wimberley won't score into the 40s like usual, but they're going to be the best offense WOS has played, so WOS will not shut them down, and that means that WOS's offense scoring 14 or 17 won't cut it.

I know we put up 28 in 2015, but I can’t remember WOS has given up that much in a game since then. Albeit we only had success on the ground that day and Dallas carved us up for 260 and 5 TDS...this should be a great game!

WOS1
12-13-2017, 09:36 PM

I've said many times this week we need to score 28 to win.

bleedgreen
12-14-2017, 09:15 AM

Wimberley's offense is better than Kennedale!!! I don't think so.

ogg
12-14-2017, 01:23 PM
https://youtu.be/Tush27QwpQ8

rb585
12-14-2017, 03:02 PM
Wimberley's offense is better than Kennedale!!! I don't think so.

Look, no one cares how your cruddy Winged-T runs up points against weak teams. Y'all scored as many points in regulation against WOS as Silsbee did, so congrats on that.

Now go back to your own thread, or I shall taunt you a second time.

rb585
12-14-2017, 03:12 PM
http://kogt.com/sports/thompson-talks-texans/

For the third week in a row the Mustangs will face a dominating noseguard in the Texans’ Geno Albini.

???

speedbump
12-14-2017, 03:50 PM
I've been struggling to pick a winner because I'm complicating things. Well, I've come to my senses. Winner of R3 and one of the best defenses in 4A against the winner of R4 --- WOS by 7

ogg
12-14-2017, 06:46 PM
http://kogt.com/sports/thompson-talks-texans/

???

That whole article is weird. "but Thompson advises, “This is the fifth round of the playoffs you’ve got to play. All these guys that think they’re hurt, they’re mistaken they’re not hurt. So, you got to go.”" ......Is coach "Gilmer" now a member of their coaching staff?

ogg
12-14-2017, 07:00 PM
Should be a great game tomorrow, two well known teams with history, competitive athletes, and well coached. Be safe in your travel and pray for an injury free game.

https://youtu.be/WlLmeyM-2j0

ogg
12-14-2017, 07:19 PM
http://www.mystatesman.com/sports/high-school-football/wimberley-two-sport-star-hitting-home-run-with-his-quarterback-play/y7HEs7kDFaCaiDeJjXpSDM/

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2017, 11:58 PM
Boo!
Thought hard about it, but angleton is West Columbia’s neighbor and I’ve got a bunch of family and friends that live over there. My mom is an angleton alumni in fact so me and the old man are gonna see what the hype is all about

wimbo_pro
12-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Wimberley wins 42-38

speedbump
12-15-2017, 11:28 AM
Wimberley wins 42-38

They may win,but no way they score 42.

wimbo_pro
12-15-2017, 11:32 AM
They may win,but no way they score 42.

I hear you...same was said in 2005. And I have to admit I have not kept up recently with HS Football. But in reading all these posts, and taking into account HS football...I am predicting something no one else saw coming, 80 points or so between the two! LOL

rb585
12-15-2017, 11:46 AM
I can't believe I'm about to type this but... I agree with speedbump. Wow. Fingers hurt now. Feeling nauseous.

We're at the point where it looks like a fine line between winning and losing (TPG excepted). If Bralen Taylor hadn't dropped an easy TD pass last week, this thread is most likely about WOS-Cuero. If Madisonville only loses the turnover battle -3 instead of -4 a couple of weeks ago, then WOS would probably be concentrating on basketball right now.

I'll stick with first one to 28 wins. Wimberley 28, WOS 25 behind a dominating defensive performance by noseguard Geno Albini.

(That's my way of saying "I don't know," other than the first one to 28...)

speedbump
12-15-2017, 12:13 PM
I can't believe I'm about to type this but... I agree with speedbump. Wow. Fingers hurt now. Feeling nauseous.

Caused by the excitement from the possibility of finally being right about something,I'm sure.

wimbo_pro
12-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Caused by the excitement from the possibility of finally being right about something,I'm sure.

ouch

ogg
12-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Wimberley wins 42-38

I would be more surprised at WOS getting 38 than Wimbo getting 42.

pirate4state
12-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Thought hard about it, but angleton is West Columbia’s neighbor and I’ve got a bunch of family and friends that live over there. My mom is an angleton alumni in fact so me and the old man are gonna see what the hype is all about

Have fun!

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Them East Texas posters on Smoaky don't even know Wimberley's qb name.....they keep calling him Meeks, LOL. I think they will find out tonight who Jo Jo Weeks really is.....the TEXANS balanced attack with Weeks at the helm will prove to be the difference in this game. Just spread em out and throw it to set up the run......not the other way around. Loosen up that WOS defense and then pound it right at em. Then back to the pass......don't try to beat them on the corners......up the middle or off tackle on the runs. Slow developing probably won't work either. GOOD LUCK to the TEXANS tonight on ending the streak of WOS.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Them East Texas posters on Smoaky don't even know Wimberley's qb name.....they keep calling him Meeks, LOL. I think they will find out tonight who Jo Jo Weeks really is.....the TEXANS balanced attack with Weeks at the helm will prove to be the difference in this game. Just spread em out and throw it to set up the run......not the other way around. Loosen up that WOS defense and then pound it right at em. Then back to the pass......don't try to beat them on the corners......up the middle or off tackle on the runs. Slow developing probably won't work either. GOOD LUCK to the TEXANS tonight on ending the streak of WOS.

Smoaky is not really WO-S territory...SETX message board is.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Still.....it's a very big game Statewide.....and any regular posters on a 4A game should know by now.....regardless of where the site is domiciled. Of course.....we are talking Smoaky posters here......they are not exactly the sharpest fans in the state, LOL

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2017, 04:55 PM
Still.....it's a very big game Statewide.....and any regular posters on a 4A game should know by now.....regardless of where the site is domiciled. Of course.....we are talking Smoaky posters here......they are not exactly the sharpest fans in the state, LOL

They are a regional site...this is a state one....One of the reasons our show works IMO is people do not go looking for info on teams in other regions until the week of. It is why we try to keep a running knowledge base for the season for the whole State. Most of the regional fans only know who they are playing that week and nothing more.

zebrablue2
12-15-2017, 05:59 PM
Think I'm gonna go see this one, about 45 minutes from the house. Good luck to the Texans!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm picking Wimberley but WOS defense through past few years has speed just about every position and looks like the same this season and that is making my pick shaky. Guess will find out pretty soon when its Wimberley offense vs WOS defense.

Tejastrue
12-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Go Texans!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 08:23 PM
Go Texans!!

:cheerl::cheerl:

lbjacj
12-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Hope the wreck in Brookshire doesn't make too many miss the kickoff!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 08:27 PM
Hope the wreck in Brookshire doesn't make too many miss the kickoff!It's filling in on Wimberley side and WOS side from the views they've shown.

Are y'all on 2nd deck?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 08:37 PM
84 yd td pass by Weeks

Wimberley 7 WOS 0 11:39 1st qtr

44INAROW
12-15-2017, 08:57 PM
7-7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Wimberley 7
WOS 7

4:11 1st qtr.

QB Watson takes in from 28 yds. out for WOS. Big return on punt before that by Morris.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Texans will need to score on more possessions.....or at least move the chains more and punt less.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:00 PM
Now Morris makes a diving interception of Weeks for WOS.....on the Wimberley 32.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:01 PM
Jerome Morris so far is the featured player for WOS except for qb Watson

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Pass complete to the 28 yd line of 3rd down......declines penalty. 4th and 6 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Watson overthrows receiver......balls goes over to Wimberley. Texans hold after that turnover.

SintonFan_inAustin
Good stop by Wimberley

regaleagle
Weeks to Stover for 3 yds quickly. 2nd and 7

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:05 PM
Weeks incomplete to a well-covered Wyatt Mann. 3rd and 7 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:06 PM
WOS dropping men into coverage and only rushing three......Weeks need to take more time or take off and run it. Timeout Wimbo

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Weeks hits Mann deep at the 30 and he walks it in to the end zone for a big play for Wimberley. Kick is good.

Wimberley 14
WOS 7

1:14 1st qtr

That pass was good for 69 yds.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Flag after the kickoff return to the 27......holding and personal foul on WOS. Ball will be spotted at the 8 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:11 PM
Watson keeps it for 4 to the 12.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:12 PM
There goes Watson on a big keeper all the way down to the Texan 10 yd line.....taken down by Stover. WOW!! Gotta figure Watson is their best offensive weapon.....

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 09:14 PM
good game so far

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Ball is actually on the Wimberley 7 and now Cooper gets the handoff and spins off a tackle into the endzone to start this 2nd qtr. The extra point try is short.....no good.

Wimberley 14
WOS 13

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:16 PM
Kickoff to Stover at the 8 and gets it out to the 22. Wimberley 1st down.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:17 PM
Weeks on the keeper for 5 yds......I knew he should have been taking off and running it.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Here's a handoff up the middle for 2 yds......3rd and 3 now at the 29.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:19 PM
3rd and 3......Weeks over the middle incomplete, but a flag against WOS for interference. Now Weeks keeps it to the 40 on first down.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:20 PM
Weeks completes it Stover and runs it down the WOS 40 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Weeks incomplete to Mann. 2nd and 10 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:22 PM
Weeks back to throw and throws incomplete.....receivers covered well. Passing windows are tight for Weeks tonite. 3rd and 10.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:23 PM
Weeks rolls left and hits Martinez at the 28 for a first down. Dead ball flag against the Mustangs. Now they are calling it against Wimberley. Back it up to the 43 yd line. 1st down Texans but lose yardage on the penalty.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Incomplete on first down. Jo Jo rolls right and throws low to Mann incomplete. 3rd and 10 now at the 43.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:25 PM
Weeks rolls right again and just throws it away......maybe he should try to take off and run some of these roll outs.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:26 PM
Weeks punts it and it is downed at the half yard line.....WOW what a punt by Weeks.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Better look out for Watson here.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 09:27 PM
nice punt at the 1 yd line

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 09:28 PM
Better look out for Watson here.

LOL you called it

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:29 PM
You gotta be kidding me......there goes Watson again as he slipped to the left and got free......nobody can catch him. Unbelievable!!! Watson carries it in for the two point. Illegal formation on extra point try. Here comes the kicker Chad Dallas. The kick is good.

WOS 20
Wimberley 14

8:04 2nd qtr

99+ yds on first down on that run......what the heck!!

WOS87
12-15-2017, 09:29 PM
WOS takes the lead. :)

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Stover returns it to the 24 yd line on the kickoff, but flags down. Holding against Wimberley will move it back. Wimberley starts right at their own 15 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Weeks with empty backfield......over the middle overthrows Stover. 2nd and 10.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:33 PM
Up the middle to Carruthers runs it for 9 yds. 3rd and 1 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:33 PM
Weeks on a keeper to the 27 for a first down.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Weeks back to throw to Carruthers is incomplete right off his fingertips. 2nd and 10 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Up the middle to Carruthers out to the 36 for another 9 yds.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:36 PM
Weeks keeper again for the yard needed......first down Wimberley.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:36 PM
At their own 38....to Carruthers to the 47 yd line for another 9 yds again. That one was up the middle again. Now 2nd and short.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Weeks throws wheel route incomplete to Carruthers.....personal foul hands to face against Wimberley on a big call. 3rd and 14 from the Texans 32 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Now another flag against Wimberley on false start. Now the ball back to the 27.....2nd and 21. Timeout Wimberley.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:41 PM
Weeks in trouble now.....throws it away. 3rd and 21.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Weeks sets up screen to Moss well short of the first down....Wimbo forced to punt. Mann punting to Morris. Morris takes it backward, then cuts upfield and breaks free......there he goes on missed tackles. He takes it all the way to the house on another open field run for an 86 yd return.

SintonFan_inAustin
punt return a bit like WOS did to Sinton

WOS87
What were you saying about us not being able to score?

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:45 PM
WOS 27
Wimberley 14

3:26 til halftime

Wimberley cannot get it together......WOS is just too talented and fast.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:46 PM
Martinez takes the kickoff, fumbles it and finally returns it up to the 20 yd line.....too many mistakes and you lose.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Handoff to Carruthers for 3 yds. 2nd and 7 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Carruthers not for much.....3rd and 4 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Weeks on a keeper out to the 34 yd line for a first down.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Weeks throws incomplete......everybody covered up.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Weeks to Martinez high as it hits his hands and cannot hold on to it. 3rd and 10 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:50 PM
Weeks to Martinez out to the 49 for a first down. Only 1:20 left.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Over the middle to Stover complete to the 43. Timeout Wimberley with 43 secs left in the half.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:52 PM
2nd down and 2 now......Weeks looks deep and Martinez stumbles.....he was wide open.....the ball sails over his head for incomplete.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:53 PM
Weeks on a keeper to the 39.....he rolls right and throws it to Stover.....huge hit and he drops it. 28 secs left as the clock stops. Stover hit hard but stays in the game.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:55 PM
2nd and 10 now......Weeks over the middle to Martinez at the 20 and he works his way in to the end zone for a Texan TD.....kick is good.

WOS 27
Wimberley 21

8 secs. to halftime

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 09:58 PM
Kickoff is fielded and down at the 26 on a hard hit. WOS takes a knee for halftime.

WOS 27
Wimberley 21

Halftime in a good game

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 09:59 PM
Kickoff is fielded and down at the 26 on a hard hit. WOS takes a knee for halftime.

WOS 27
Wimberley 21

Halftime in a good game:thumbsup: :2thumbsup

nobody at 28 yet

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Snooze and you lose against this Mustangs team......they will outrun you to the opening.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 10:11 PM
Snooze and you lose against this Mustangs team......they will outrun you to the opening.
and if wr is not cover tight, td pass for Wimberley.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Back to action now....2nd and 8 at their 38 yd line. Now Watson takes it down to the Wimberley 48. Flag down for holding against the Mustangs.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:28 PM
Watson was gonna go, but stumbled. Now at the 27 yd line.....2nd and 17 throws over the middle.....incomplete.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:30 PM
3 and out and WOS is forced to punt. Over Stover's head and goes off someone. Wimberley gets on it at their 11. Wimberley starts now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:31 PM
Carruthers loses 4 yds on that outside tackle. 2nd and 14 from deep inside their own territory. Weeks throws incomplete. 3rd and 14 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Now a false start against the Texans backs em up even further at the 4 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Handoff to Curruthers for one yard. Big punt coming up here from deep inside the endzone.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:34 PM
Line drive to Morris at the 42.....he fumbles it!!! Mustangs get on it after a scramble.....ball on the Wimberley 40 yd line. He was carrying it like a load of bread and just lost the handle.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Handoff to the left side down to the Wimberley 18.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Watson up the middle to the 17.....3rd and 9 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:36 PM
WOS calls a timeout.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:37 PM
Back to throw over the middle to Jerome Morris is caught at the 7 yd line for a first down.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:38 PM
Now Watson to the 5 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:39 PM
Watson rolls right and throws an interception at the 3 yd line for Wimberley......a huge play for the Texans. Ball is at the 4 yd line.....the ball was tipped at the LOS.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:39 PM
Weeks throwing from his own endzone incomplete.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:40 PM
Weeks gains 4 on a keeper......3rd and 6 now from the 8 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Carruthers caught a swing pass for no gain......will punt to Jerron Morris again......better punt it AWAY from Morris. Punts it out of bounds short. At the Wimberley 25 yd line.....Texans can't get out of their own end.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:43 PM
Handoff to the 20 yd line....but holding on the left end. Backs it up to the 35 yd line.....still first down and 20 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:44 PM
Now Watson inside reverse up the middle 13 yds to the Wimbo 22......2nd and 7 now. Up the middle to Morris from his receiver spot for 10 yds to the 12 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:45 PM
First down at the 12.....goes to Cooper to the 9. Texans say they have the football, but the refs say no. Official timeout.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Texans with their back to the wall.....Watson keeps it on the right side for one yard.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:47 PM
Needs 6 yds for the first from the 8......whistle prior to snap.....timeout by somebody.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:49 PM
Watson with empty backfield......up the middle on the keeper looks like he's close to the marker, but short by a half yard.....4th down now. Last play of the 3rd qtr.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:49 PM
27 WOS
21 Wimberley

End of 3rd

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:51 PM
4th and one at the 3 yd line now......Watson under center......flag thrown against WOS on the center for false start. Chad Dallas out now for the field goal. Kick is good.

WOS 30
Wimberley 21

11:57 left in game

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Actually Wimberley escapes that whole quarter deep in their own end and only gives up 3 points. Now they have a chance to start all over with this kickoff.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Texans start at their own 21 after the kick. Weeks overthrows Martinez over the middle. Stover was open deeper.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Handoff to Curruthers for a big gain up the middle to the 42 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Now another handoff to Curruthers goes for a 4 yd loss.....he is whacked behind the line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Now a throw to Martinez over the middle is dropped.....slightly high. 3rd and 14 now......Weeks rolls left and throws incomplete. Martinez dragged down before the ball got there. Punted by Weeks and rolls down to the Mustangs 10 yd line......nobody is back when Weeks stays in to punt.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Wimberley needs a stop or this could be the drive that sends WOS to Arlington

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Handoff to Sibley gains 3 to the 13.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 10:59 PM
Watson on a keeper left to the 16......3rd and 4 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:00 PM
Watson goes outside to his right and swarmed under for a loss of 3. WOS will punt now from his deep. Punt ends up at the Wimberley 46.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 11:01 PM
Good stop for Wimberley D. Offense needs a score, fg or td to get it back to one score

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:01 PM
8 minutes left on the clock. Pass caught by Mann at at the 32 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:02 PM
Weeks throws it away on that one.....Mann was covered.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:02 PM
7:36 left....2nd and 10 for Wimberley......timeout.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:04 PM
WOS calls a timeout now when Wimberley was in motion for the play.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:05 PM
2nd and 10 now.....that was WOS last time out....Wimbo has 2 left. Weeks goes long to Martinez over his head. 3rd and 10 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:06 PM
WOS is doing a good job changing their coverages. Curruthers gains only 3 on that run.....4th and 7 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:07 PM
Weeks in trouble scrambles down to the 24 and is short one yard as WOS makes the stop. JoJo thought he had the first down and did not extend the football.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:08 PM
Here comes Watson and WOS......to Sibley for 5 yds.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:09 PM
Sibley off right tackle.....fumble and Wimberley scrums for it, but WOS gets on it for a first down. Stover had it , but it squirted away.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:10 PM
Cooper takes the handoff, cuts back to the sideline all the way down to the 5 yd line.....a very big play. He broke a couple of tackles and outran them.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:10 PM
Now down to the 4 yd line......a killer big play there.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:11 PM
Watson brought down for no gain.....4:15 left to play......Texans in big trouble here.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Shotgun and nobody to give it to.....down by Stover throwing him out of bounds at the 12 yd line. 3:38 left and here comes a 28 yd field goal attempt by Chad Dallas.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Kick is up and he hooked it left.....the field goal is no good.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Ball at the 20....empty backfield......Weeks has 2:56 to make up 9 points. That play goes to the 42 yd line on that pass completion. Now Weeks runs it to the 30 yd line and steps out of bounds.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:16 PM
Weeks looking long overthrows a well covered Martinez. 2nd and 10 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Rolling right and throws it to Stover.....here comes a defensive holding call against Wyatt Mann.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:18 PM
Holding against the defense......WOS 20 yd line....thrown to Kowalski in the endzone is knocked away at the last second.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:19 PM
Weeks scrambles and throws into the endzone to Kowalski for a TD, but a flag against Kowalski for pushing off. Now at the 35 on 2nd down.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:20 PM
Weeks to Stover for a big loss back to the 43 yd line......a big loss. 3rd down and long timeout Texans.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:22 PM
3rd and 34 now.....Weeks throws right to Mitchell incomplete. 4th and 34 now.....the season on the line here.....need the 10 yd line. Miracle time or its over. Sibley picks it off on that hook and ladder play and returns it to the 50 yd line.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:23 PM
Watson hands it off to Cooper up the middle and Wimberley takes their last timeout.

1:43 left for WOS to return to Jerryworld.

WOS87
12-15-2017, 11:23 PM
That might be it folks. What were you all saying about WOS all this past week??????

40 wins in a row. 4 State Championship appearances in a row.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 11:24 PM
Int that will end the game.

Great Season Texans, heck of a team this year.

WOS defense hasn't loss a step. 40 in a row for WOS congrats Mustangs.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:24 PM
Cooper up the middle to the Wimberley 44 now. Clock is running now. 3rd and 5 now.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:25 PM
A hard fought game tonight, but WOS kept Wimberley off the scoreboard in the 2nd half.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2017, 11:25 PM
That might be it folks. What were you all saying about WOS all this past week??????

40 wins in a row. 4 State Championship appearances in a row.Congrats WOS defense still there, defense wins championships majority of the time. Get the 3 peat :)

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:26 PM
3rd and 15 now on a delay of game and false start.....53 secs left. Handoff to Cooper. Ball at the 49 yd line. Clock is stopped for some reason.....now it starts again.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:27 PM
Delay of game stops the clock at 14 secs as Chad Dallas will punt the ball to end this game.

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:28 PM
Out of bounds at the Wimberley 37 yd line with 9 secs left. Good season for Wimberley but Kudos to WOS for their 40th win in a row!!!

pirate4state
12-15-2017, 11:28 PM
Congrats to WOS! Very impressive. Weeks never looked comfortable tonight...that Chain Gang Defense doing their thing! :clap:

Kept going back & forth on who I thought would win and after watching PG last night - I thought maybe WOS would run away with this game. They didn't but they got to 28 first ;)

Wimberley had a great run! Congrats to all...only two remain!

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:29 PM
Weeks throws a deep interception to Morris and he returns it down to the 40 and takes a knee......WOS wins again!!!

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:30 PM
30 WOS Mustangs
21 Wimberley Texans

Final

regaleagle
12-15-2017, 11:31 PM
30 WOS Mustangs
21 Wimberley Texans

Final

Really a good game

GUNHO
12-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Great season Wimberly.Weeks had me holding my breath every time he threw that ball.

Roughneck93
12-15-2017, 11:49 PM
Way to go WOS...congrats!

WOS1
12-16-2017, 12:15 AM
Wow what a game. Intense throughout. Very worthy of a state semifinal. Congrats on a great season to the Wimbo folks. Keep your heads up and safe travels. Onto the Wing T... again!

zebrablue2
12-16-2017, 12:43 AM
TWO key plays, 99 1/2 yard QB off left tackle TD, and that 70 yard punt return for WOS. Those were the BACK breakers, great game.

scrub c
12-16-2017, 09:45 AM
TWO key plays, 99 1/2 yard QB off left tackle TD, and that 70 yard punt return for WOS. Those were the BACK breakers, great game.

totally agree, but at the same time... texans never seemed to hang their heads and played hard to last whistle.
Team Speed was the difference in this one to me
I was very impressed with the speed of the defense - at every position...
wos makes mistakes, but dang you dont hardly see them because the recovery happens so fast.
#13 makes the offense go (i dont care what you wos people say)
PG HAWKS, you better bring your A-game...

on a side note that new katy stadium is pretty impressive...

wimbo_pro
12-16-2017, 09:47 AM
I watched the game via streaming. WOS has a lot of speed, as usual. Tonight, they were the better team without question. But I think BOTH teams were not having their best game last night. As champions do, WOS found a way to win even though they had some issues. Wimberley never got their wheels off the ground, it seemed. At this level, you cannot do that and expect to beat a team like WOS. Sure, WOS's defense had a lot to do with that (speed), but the number of errant passes and even a few dropped passes has not been the signature of Wimberley. The stats show that. But anyways...WOS found a way as champs do, and now they need to find a way to take the state championship home again. I will be rooting for WOS next week!

rb585
12-16-2017, 10:33 AM
Better team won. Congrats to WOS. Chain Gang is legit. They had 5 in the box all night, and we couldn't run -- to me, that's what beat us. (Well, that and our poor tackling, but that's to be expected.)

WOS just puts 11 really good fast tough football players on the field on defense, and they played extremely disciplined all night. Tough to do much against that.

Best of luck next week.

rb585
12-16-2017, 10:53 AM
BTW, last 4 years WOS has beaten Sinton, Cuero, Navarro, and Wimberley.

Not much more R4 can throw at them. They're R4's daddy.

rb585
12-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Dammit, I guess our JV lost, too.

https://i.imgur.com/F6MZvEh.png

pirate4state
12-16-2017, 12:02 PM
Dammit, I guess our JV lost, too.

https://i.imgur.com/F6MZvEh.png

HA! wow

wimbo_pro
12-16-2017, 12:44 PM
HA! wow

Where is Newton again?

WOS87
12-16-2017, 01:25 PM
Where is Newton again?

50 miles north on highway 87 from Orange.

wimbo_pro
12-16-2017, 02:05 PM
50 miles north on highway 87 from Orange.

Ahhh...another east Texas team...full of speed, I am sure.

lbjacj
12-16-2017, 02:12 PM

40 wins in a row. 4 State Championship appearances in a row.

Congrats on the win! Very well coached, disciplined team. Texans got off to a great start and kept it close at the half but y'all did your thing and shut us out in the second half!(First time all year) Now go get that 3rd ring!

By the way nice chatting with you last night!

Tejastrue
12-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Was hoping when I woke up this morning it was just a bad dream and it would still be Friday. lol Congrats WO-S. You guys still reign! What a game!

To contemplate...So many passes overthrown. Someone had mentioned the field had a rise in the middle not unlike the old Texas stadium. Yeah, that was it. lol

We had a great run and man, this season has been so much fun. I'll hold it close in my memories. Thanks Wimberley Texans. Stand tall, stand proud! What a great group of guys!!

Damn good defense Mustangs. Of course you already knew this. Wish you all the best and hope you get that SC 3-peat. Will be pulling for you. Once again, Congrats!