D-16

Hidalgo Early College
Kingsville King
La Feria
RGC Grulla
Zapata

NastySlot
12-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Good Job... I could see both Fulshear and Stafford in that Navasota/HISD district

waterboy
12-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Is there a map of Texas with the school locations on it for each classification and division. I've seen somebody put them together before in previous realignments.

speedbump
12-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Here's a start for 4A-I discussion ---

REGION I

D-1

Pampa
Dumas
Hereford
Canyon
Seminole (or D-3)

D-2

Clint
Clint Mt. View
Fabens
San Elizario
Andrews (or D-3)

D-3

Big Spring
Brownwood
Stephenville
San Angelo Lake View
Mineral Wells
Springtown

D-4

Argyle
Burkburnett
Decatur
Gainesville
Sanger
WF Hirschi

REGION II

D-5

Kennedale
Lake Worth
Benbrook
River Oaks Castleberry
FW Diamond Hill- Jarvis
FW Western Hills
FW Dunbar

D-6

Carrollton Ranchview
Dallas Carter
Dallas Pinkston
Dallas Hillcrest
North Dallas
Dallas Wilmer-Hutchinson

D-7

Anna
Paris
Paris North Lamar
Quinlan Ford
Melissa
Celina

D-8

Alvarado
Midlothain Heritage
Waxahachie Life
Athens
Crandall
Mabank

REGION III

D-9

Carthage
Henderson
Kilgore
Palestine
Tyler Chapel Hill
Van

D-10

Bridge City
Huffman Hargrave
Orange LC-Mauriceville
Splendora
Lumberton
Livingston

D-11
Navasota
Ht. North Forest
Ht. Wheatley
Ht. Yates
Ht. Furr
Lamar Fulshear or Stafford

D-12

Bay City
Sealy
West Columbia- Columbia
Freeport Brazosport
Needville
El Campo (maybe to D-15)
Lamar Fulshear or Stafford

D-13

China Spring
Waco La Vega
Gatesville
Lampasas
Liberty Hill

D-14

Burnet
Taylor
Canyon Lake
Fredericksburg
Boerne

D-15

Beeville Jones
La Vernia
Pleasanton
Somerset
Gonzales
(maybe El Campo)

D-16

Hidalgo Early College
Kingsville King
La Feria
RGC Grulla
Zapata

26 teams in R3 and only 20 in R4 ? Even the blundering UIL probably won't let that happen after their last realignment fiasco. Liberty Hill will go into your D14 and the other four teams (Waco) will be moved out of R4. They will be replaced by the 7 or 8 teams you have in D12. (Stafford may stay in R3)

panther89
12-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Not that anyone in West Texas cares with their drives, but Alvarado to Athens is a haul. 98 miles. Only once a year, so not a big deal. I kinda came up with something like that in my head. LOL. I had Quinlan Ford in with them as well, and didn't have Alvarado.

db8coach
12-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Not that anyone in West Texas cares with their drives, but Alvarado to Athens is a haul. 98 miles. Only once a year, so not a big deal. I kinda came up with something like that in my head. LOL. I had Quinlan Ford in with them as well, and didn't have Alvarado.

I'd kill for a 100 mile drive.

panther89
12-08-2017, 12:14 PM
I'd kill for a 100 mile drive.

Yea it's kinda silly to be talking about 98 mile drives with what you guys have to face.

stardog
12-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Is there a map of Texas with the school locations on it for each classification and division. I've seen somebody put them together before in previous realignments.

WOS87 has made some maps for last realignment for 16-17 in the sticky threads. I sure he will make some for 17-18.

I made me some on paper to place the schools so I could see where they were located and grouped.

I've got 4A-2 done - will post them tomarrow. Got other things to do for now and go to La Vega / Liberty Hill game tonight !!!!!

Maybe I will take picture of my maps and post them if I can figure out how. Will help if you can see how and why I grouped schools.

Will reply tomorrow( Sat) on other post.

waterboy
12-08-2017, 12:59 PM
WOS87 has made some maps for last realignment for 16-17 in the sticky threads. I sure he will make some for 17-18.

I made me some on paper to place the schools so I could see where they were located and grouped.

I've got 4A-2 done - will post them tomarrow. Got other things to do for now and go to La Vega / Liberty Hill game tonight !!!!!

Maybe I will take picture of my maps and post them if I can figure out how. Will help if you can see how and why I grouped schools.

Will reply tomorrow( Sat) on other post.

Cool. Thanks.

Rabid Cougar
12-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Region IV is hoping praying that D13 goes away to Region I or Region III.

stardog
12-09-2017, 05:31 PM

Its here to stay !!!!! Only way is if they make up this district with teams up the coast - from R3-D12 then they would have to shift all the other districts around. Got to have enough teams to fill 4 districts for Region 4 - where do you think they would come from ? I could see moving Burnet / Liberty Hill to D-14, and adding teams to D-13 from the north. That would have to be Alvarado, Midlothian Heritage, or Waxahachie Life. Don't see the moving Brownwood or Stephenville out of Region 1 unless they pull teams from west or northwest of Ft Worth to add to Region 1.

speedbump
12-09-2017, 05:59 PM

If the UIL bought a Texas map during these last two years they will probably get their wish. Won't do any good though. It will be replaced with D12 from R-3.

stardog
12-10-2017, 12:57 AM
26 teams in R3 and only 20 in R4 ? Even the blundering UIL probably won't let that happen after their last realignment fiasco. Liberty Hill will go into your D14 and the other four teams (Waco) will be moved out of R4. They will be replaced by the 7 or 8 teams you have in D12. (Stafford may stay in R3)

Who would you have in D-12 ?

speedbump
12-10-2017, 01:09 AM
Who would you have in D-12 ?

The same teams you have in it. Stafford is the question.

Twirling Time
12-11-2017, 09:04 PM
I'm glad to see people are doing their mocks the right way, starting with El Paso and working clockwise. That's extremely helpful.

LionFan72
12-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Dang, I'll take that district! We might actually have more than 3 games at home this year!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-15-2017, 02:26 AM
Switch your D12 and D13.

Waco area teams have absolutely no business being in Region IV whatsoever. Whoever within the UIL who thought that was a good idea needs to be dragged behind the dumpster and shot point blank with a .12 gauge.

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2017, 07:04 AM
D13 and D14 - the only question mark is Burnet going through Liberty Hill to get to Taylor. :thinking:

panfan
12-20-2017, 09:58 AM
D13 and D14 - the only question mark is Burnet going through Liberty Hill to get to Taylor. :thinking:

We could set up a toll.

LH Panther Mom
12-20-2017, 10:56 AM
We could set up a toll.

:evillol:

stardog
12-20-2017, 12:46 PM
I thought everyone always went around Liberty Hill to go anywhere. Anyway just a quess - actually LH and Burnet could go to D-14 with only 4 teams left. The one sure thing ( I think) is none are going west - no one out there for a ways. Who knows the UIL might moves some towns around.

stardog
12-20-2017, 12:47 PM
We could set up a toll.
That's coming !!!

stardog
12-20-2017, 07:17 PM
What route did LH travel to Fredericksburg and Boerne in the 14 / 15 seasons ?

buckeyebob
12-22-2017, 09:00 PM

WOS87 did the last several...the old ones are on the Home Page at the top

Rabid Cougar
12-30-2017, 12:46 PM

No different than when they sent China Spring and Gatesville to Region 1 with West and Glen Rose in 08-09. CS had to drive right by Connally and LaVega (Region III and both schools 15 minutes from CSHS) to get to West.

Rabid Cougar
12-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Switch your D12 and D13.

Waco area teams have absolutely no business being in Region IV whatsoever. Whoever within the UIL who thought that was a good idea needs to be dragged behind the dumpster and shot point blank with a .12 gauge.

Why is that? They played all their playoff games with Valley and South Texas schools in or around San Antonio. Not like we drug them to Waco or they drug us to McAllen.

How is that any different than CS being in Region I or Region III for that fact? At least this way it is only for football? I have been to Regional Track Meets in both Humble (Region III- 3 hours) and Lubbock (Region I- 5 hours) and baseball playoff games in Rusk (2.5 hours), Lufkin (3 hours) and Bridge City (4.5 hours).

Waco is an outlier no matter which Region you are in.

Matthew328
12-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Why is that? They played all their playoff games with Valley and South Texas schools in or around San Antonio. Not like we drug them to Waco or they drug us to McAllen.

How is that any different than CS being in Region I or Region III for that fact? At least this way it is only for football? I have been to Regional Track Meets in both Humble (Region III- 3 hours) and Lubbock (Region I- 5 hours) and baseball playoff games in Rusk (2.5 hours), Lufkin (3 hours) and Bridge City (4.5 hours).

Waco is an outlier no matter which Region you are in.

Region IV folks are tired of getting drilled in the early round of the playoffs..in the end if you put the Waco district in Region IV or the El Campo/Bay City group in Region IV they'l l probably dominate in Division I....bottom line is one of those districts is likely in Region IV because there aren't enough true South TX schools in 4A D-1

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Region IV folks are tired of getting drilled in the early round of the playoffs..in the end if you put the Waco district in Region IV or the El Campo/Bay City group in Region IV they'l l probably dominate in Division I....bottom line is one of those districts is likely in Region IV because there aren't enough true South TX schools in 4A D-1

Geographically speaking, the El Campo/Bay City district in Region IV makes a whole lot more sense than having a Waco area district in Region IV. And yes, Waco area teams in Region IV is basically a "free pass" to at least the State Quarterfinals for 2 members of that district. Matter of fact, I even said that a couple years ago when the UIL placed the Waco district in Region IV. It went something along the lines of "Congratulations on your guaranteed Region IV Championship" or something similar to it.

Also, having a Waco area district playing an RGV team in Round 2 basically means San Antonio area for the matchup. That's roughly a 4 hour drive from the RGV. With the El Campo/Bay City/West Columbia district in Region IV, matchups with RGV area teams would most likely be in Corpus Christi, which is 2 1/2 hrs. away. Hence my reasoning why the La Vega/China Spring district has no business being in Region IV.