Fri. 7:30pm at Ford Center

Division II
Bushland-Graham Winner vs. Melissa-Texarkana Pleasant Grove Winner
Thur. 7pm at Ford Center

West Orange Stark-Salado Winner vs. Cuero-Wimberley Winner
TBD

bleedgreen
12-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Kennedale has never played in AT&T stadium to my knowledge.
Sure hope we advance.

jason
12-05-2017, 10:00 PM
What's the game after the sville/wfh vs kauf/kenn?

speedbump
12-06-2017, 12:06 AM
Regions 3 and 4 playing north of Dallas. LOL The UIL is such a joke.

stardog
12-06-2017, 08:11 AM

What is attendance #'s for these games? Hard for teams fans to make these games. Smaller Schools playing at the Alamodome, DKR- Austin is a joke. Don't consider fans. Getting to these sites, parking and cost is a joke. Looked up parking for DKR - $25 ? Alamodome - $15 ? Getting to DKR is no fun !!! Small schools playing at 8 pm at Adome. To late for me to drive home.

bleedgreen
12-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Going to Nacogdoches was over 3 hours + a speeding ticket to see Kennedale play WOS but it sure was worth it.
By the way, the little town of Alto, outside Nacogdoches, is a speed trap. They're always waiting for you to miss that little speed limit sign in the middle of nowhere. I'm still fuming.

Sville
12-06-2017, 09:19 AM

How is this the UIL's fault. All teams AGREE to a site all the way up to the finals which is fixed site by the UIL. IMO these locales (domed stadiums) are in the teams and fans best interest. Weather can be quite unpredictable in mid-December, this way the weather will not play factor in team's chance to play for the 'Ship.

jason
12-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Don't the schools pick the locations for these games, or has that changed?
Why wouldn't you want to play indoors if possible this time of year if those venues are available?

rb585
12-06-2017, 09:22 AM
What is attendance #'s for these games? Hard for teams fans to make these games. Smaller Schools playing at the Alamodome, DKR- Austin is a joke. Don't consider fans. Getting to these sites, parking and cost is a joke. Looked up parking for DKR - $25 ? Alamodome - $15 ? Getting to DKR is no fun !!! Small schools playing at 8 pm at Adome. To late for me to drive home.

???

I went to a HS game at DKR last year and didn't pay a penny for parking. Parked right across MLK.

lostaussie
12-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Bushland playing on a Thursday night would basically require them to close school for 2 days???

waterboy
12-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Bushland playing on a Thursday night would basically require them to close school for 2 days???

Maybe they'll start their Christmas break early. That's about the only way I see them being able to swing it. Most schools start their Christmas break the 15th anyway.

pirate4state
12-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Division I

Stephenville-WF Hirschi Winner vs. Kennedale-Kaufman Winner
Fri. 5pm at AT&T Stadium

Carthage-Henderson Winner vs. Waco LaVega-Liberty Hill Winner
Fri. 7:30pm at Ford Center

Division II
Bushland-Graham Winner vs. Melissa-Texarkana Pleasant Grove Winner
Thur. 7pm at Ford Center

West Orange Stark-Salado Winner vs. Cuero-Wimberley Winner
TBD

Why am I NOT surprised to see that DII, Reg 3 & 4 are the only ones undecided :rolleyes:

Matthew328
12-06-2017, 11:00 AM
The schools decide these locations for playoff games up to the state championships....how is this the UIL's fault?? Carthage and China Spring played their semi-final last year at the Ford Center and there was a great crowd

speedbump
12-06-2017, 11:17 AM
The schools decide these locations for playoff games up to the state championships....how is this the UIL's fault?? Carthage and China Spring played their semi-final last year at the Ford Center and there was a great crowd

I couldn't care less about the schools choosing a neutral site. I'm looking at the fact that teams north of Waco are in R4. That's whats ridiculous. Whats the rotation for the SC games going to look like? LOL

Matthew328
12-06-2017, 11:23 AM
I couldn't care less about the schools choosing a neutral site. I'm looking at the fact that teams north of Waco are in R4. That's whats ridiculous. Whats the rotation for the SC games going to look like? LOL

There's what 2 teams north of Waco in Region IV? They both just happen to be better than just about everyone else lol

speedbump
12-06-2017, 11:40 AM
There's what 2 teams north of Waco in Region IV? They both just happen to be better than just about everyone else lol

That whole district has no business in R4. No comment on the rotation?

Matthew328
12-06-2017, 11:46 AM
That whole district has no business in R4. No comment on the rotation?

I've always been for a state title game rotation and have gone on record as such...

And there is a case for that Region being Region III and 12-4A D1 being Region IV but it is what it is...

speedbump
12-06-2017, 11:51 AM
I've always been for a state title game rotation and have gone on record as such...

And there is a case for that Region being Region III and 12-4A D1 being Region IV but it is what it is...

Yup, it is what it is -ridiculous.

rb585
12-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Why am I NOT surprised to see that DII, Reg 3 & 4 are the only ones undecided :rolleyes:

Wimberley and Cuero have both played WOS before. Both games were in the west side of Houston (Katy, Spring Branch). No reason to think that will change.

Also no reason to think Salado will beat WOS.

Sville
12-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Numbers and money talk, the UIL played the SC games in Houston 2 years ago and the attendance wasn't even close to what we have at ATT.

speedbump
12-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Numbers and money talk, the UIL played the SC games in Houston 2 years ago and the attendance wasn't even close to what we have at ATT.

That was on short notice after the Dallas crowd dumped in their nest. Give NRG two or three years in a row like ATT then talk about attendance. I see where some Dallas area kids have to fork over 2 or 3 hundred to play. I guess when you are in bed with a greedy NFL owner you find out it aint free. Somebody has to pay.

d0tc0m
12-06-2017, 02:43 PM
That was on short notice after the Dallas crowd dumped in their nest. Give NRG two or three years in a row like ATT then talk about attendance. I see where some Dallas area kids have to fork over 2 or 3 hundred to play. I guess when you are in bed with a greedy NFL owner you find out it aint free. Somebody has to pay.

Someone's got a case of the Wednesday's.

Weebe
12-06-2017, 02:47 PM

So fairness shouldn't enter into the decision making process. In my mind it should be more important than making money. Do you think the UIL's primary goal should be making money?

Is there not an inherent advantage for teams that don't have to endure a 4 to 6 hour bus ride?

rb585
12-06-2017, 02:47 PM

This is just ignorance. For all the bad stuff you can say about Jerry, he is a huge supporter of HS football. He has always provided his venues at cost.

The "short notice" part is hilarious, too.

rb585
12-06-2017, 02:52 PM
So fairness shouldn't enter into the decision making process. In my mind it should be more important than making money. Do you think the UIL's primary goal should be making money?

Is there not an inherent advantage for teams that don't have to endure a 4 to 6 hour bus ride?

Nobody cares about a long bus ride if we're talking about Cowboys Stadium. My town's team has played for state in Waco (2 hours away) and Jerryworld (4.5 hours away). We brought twice the crowd to Jerryworld, even though it was a Friday afternoon game.

Playing in Cowboys Stadium is special. That's why it draws bigger crowds, and that's why it should be the permanent host.

Weebe
12-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Here is information that the UIL puts out on its website describing their goals.

I see the term "equitable" used more than once. They also mention something about not allowing UIL participants to be exploited. No where do I see profit mentioned as one of their goals.

In fact, I believe they are a non-profit organization.

http://www.uiltexas.org/about

hollywood
12-06-2017, 02:55 PM

Majority of the State Championship qualifying teams are not from far south Texas. So why does it even matter? Until South Texas can produce State Championship teams, maybe they will consider a different venue. :taunt:

rb585
12-06-2017, 02:59 PM
In fact, I believe they are a non-profit organization.

http://www.uiltexas.org/about

Yeah, so is the NCAA. "Non-profit" doesn't mean they don't try to maximize revenue.

speedbump
12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
This is just ignorance. For all the bad stuff you can say about Jerry, he is a huge supporter of HS football. He has always provided his venues at cost.

The "short notice" part is hilarious, too.

The ignorance is your believing that manure. And if you don't understand the short notice situation do some research.

rb585
12-06-2017, 03:19 PM
The ignorance is your believing that manure. And if you don't understand the short notice situation do some research.

You. Are. Ignorant. Hopefully this will help:

The mistake that forced the University Interscholastic League's 2015 state football championships to find a new home turned out to be a costly one.
Records obtained by the Dallas Morning News show that the UIL was charged nearly a half-million dollars for use of Houston's NRG Stadium for the three-day event. The contract shows that SMG, the manager of NRG Park (which is owned and leased by Harris County), charged the UIL a usage fee of $495,000.
For perspective, in the league's 2014 agreement with Cowboys Stadium L.P., the UIL was charged $150,000 for four days at AT&T Stadium; the 2015 six-man state championships were moved from the central site location back to Abilene's Shotwell Stadium, after a conflict with the Houston Texans' schedule.
Even when factoring in a "ticket sales bonus" in the AT&T Stadium agreement, charging 10 percent of gross revenues if ticket sales hit certain benchmarks, the change in venue was net loss for the league.
Further compounding the UIL's loss was poor attendance in Houston. Final attendance figures showed that crowds were down 94,509 over the three-day event, from 250,652 in 2014 to 156,413 in 2015.
The league was ready to exercise a one-year option in its agreement with AT&T Stadium, until a conflict with the Cowboys' schedule forced the UIL look for a new venue in April. Only two other venues in the state meet the league's requirements for state championships: NRG Stadium or San Antonio's Alamodome.
Plans for next year's state title games are underway, according to UIL deputy director Jamey Harrison. The league has expressed interest in securing a long-term deal, perhaps involving all three sites in some fashion.

If you need it summarized, Jerry was charging the UIL $150K (and that was literally because it costs $50K/day to run the lights). The UIL got charged $495K by the NRG people.

Who's the greedy NFL owner?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/02/09/contract-houstons-nrg-stadium-show-uils-change-venue-state-football-championship-costly-one

speedbump
12-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Majority of the State Championship qualifying teams are not from far south Texas. So why does it even matter? Until South Texas can produce State Championship teams, maybe they will consider a different venue. :taunt:

The Jackets 5 titles have come against LaMarque (3) PNG and El Cmpo. Where in Canada are those towns located on whatever map your using?

hollywood
12-06-2017, 03:40 PM
The Jackets 5 titles have come against LaMarque (3) PNG and El Cmpo. Where in Canada are those towns located on whatever map your using?

And this year will be against Carthage. El Campo had to ruin it for them in 2012!

Loser usually has to travel the furthest. Sorry for partying!

Lol

stardog
12-06-2017, 07:41 PM

Where should those team be ? What teams would take their place ?

briandumith*
12-06-2017, 07:58 PM
The Jackets 5 titles have come against LaMarque (3) PNG and El Cmpo. Where in Canada are those towns located on whatever map your using?I remember listening to the state championship game the 98 I think...... against La Marque. From a Pickett Tower outside of a prison in Wichita Falls definitely was not allowed to have a radio up there but I snuck one anyway.... could barely pick it up on an AM radio station...was so glad the Stephenville won that game. Wanted to grab my AR-15 and shoot it off in the air...... but that might have been a tad on the stupid side..lol

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

RadioBoots
12-06-2017, 08:15 PM
I remember listening to the state championship game the 98 I think...... against La Marque. From a Pickett Tower outside of a prison in Wichita Falls definitely was not allowed to have a radio up there but I snuck one anyway.... could barely pick it up on an AM radio station...was so glad the Stephenville won that game. Wanted to grab my AR-15 and shoot it off in the air...... but that might have been a tad on the stupid side..lol

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Thanks for listening!!

speedbump
12-06-2017, 08:31 PM
You. Are. Ignorant. Hopefully this will help:

If you need it summarized, Jerry was charging the UIL $150K (and that was literally because it costs $50K/day to run the lights). The UIL got charged $495K by the NRG people.

Who's the greedy NFL owner?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/02/09/contract-houstons-nrg-stadium-show-uils-change-venue-state-football-championship-costly-one

LOL - Would you really expect NRG, given one year on a short notice,to give them the same kind of deal ATT gave them when given a multi year deal and time to work it out? If so you need to climb back up on that turnip truck and try to land on your feet next time.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2017, 09:22 PM
And this year will be against Carthage.

Lol

Hold your horses, for a minute.

lostaussie
12-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Well this went sideways since I last checked in:thinking:

lostaussie
12-06-2017, 09:23 PM

Lmao

jason
12-06-2017, 10:02 PM
And this year will be against Carthage.

Easy there cowboy!!!
Some heavyweights between us and them...

hollywood
12-06-2017, 10:04 PM

Hahaha! Alright, got a little excited for a minute or two. Go Panthers!

hollywood
12-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Easy there cowboy!!!
Some heavyweights between us and them...

Yeah, just :stirpot:

rb585
12-06-2017, 10:43 PM
LOL - Would you really expect NRG, given one year on a short notice,to give them the same kind of deal ATT gave them when given a multi year deal and time to work it out? If so you need to climb back up on that turnip truck and try to land on your feet next time.

That's Jerry's standard deal. Any game scheduled there this weekend will get that deal. Any game scheduled last weekend got that deal. He charges cost.

And I'm flummoxed about your "short notice" hangup. Eight months is not "short notice."

Jerry charged the UIL $150K in 2010, the very first year he hosted it "on short notice." You can look it up on the UIL website.

And it wasn't a multi year deal obviously, since he booked a game in 2015.

You're wrong and you're flopping around like you can't swim in the deep end of the pool.

Rocket Man
12-06-2017, 11:21 PM

Not that I’m a grammar Nazi, but I must compliment you on the proper use of “I couldn’t care less”. SOOOO many use “I could care less”.

That’s all, you all are returned to your regularly scheduled thread......

stardog
12-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Someone needs to take up Bowling !!!

speedbump
12-07-2017, 12:28 AM
That's Jerry's standard deal. Any game scheduled there this weekend will get that deal. Any game scheduled last weekend got that deal. He charges cost.

And I'm flummoxed about your "short notice" hangup. Eight months is not "short notice."

Jerry charged the UIL $150K in 2010, the very first year he hosted it "on short notice." You can look it up on the UIL website.

And it wasn't a multi year deal obviously, since he booked a game in 2015.

You're wrong and you're flopping around like you can't swim in the deep end of the pool.

You know all about "Jerry's" standard deals how? Just because you've been wearing cowboy gear since you were in diapers doesn't mean you work in the front office. Frisco ISD and the city of Frisco lobbed about 115 million at the Ford Center and Jones said he'd pick up the slack if it went over that. He gets a fancy practice facility for squat and kids in that school district get to pay 2 or 3 hundred if they want to play football. Another of your heroes standard deals?

2015 was the option year of the UILs contract with ATT but the Cowboys blew it by scheduling a Sat. game for the same weekend as the SC games.The NFL wouldn't let Jones of the hook and the UIL even considered moving the games up a couple of days but they couldn't work it out. The UIL then drug it's feet trying to decide on Houston or San Antonio. NRG had to make their deal on a completely different playing field than ATT. I hope whatever induced the coma you were in when all this was going on was't too serious.

waterboy
12-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Doesn't the NFL itself do the scheduling, along with the networks for TV, and make the final decisions on dates. I know there's "some" flexibility, but I don't think Jerry Jones had enough clout to move this game to a different day. Owning an NFL team is a business first.

pirate4state
12-07-2017, 01:48 PM
I LOVE Jerry World as the host of state championship weekend.
Even though the Alamodome is 2 hours away for me, I'd rather go watch in the comfy seats of AT&T Stadium!

I've attended 3 playoff games at NRG...didn't care for it AT ALL. Did not bother to attend when they moved the state games there in 2015.

Those that want to travel to Arlington will and those that don't (or can't) can stay home and watch on TV.

But maybe if speedbump screams a little louder someone in charge (UIL) will listen...LOL

speedbump
12-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Even though the Alamodome is 2 hours away for me, I'd rather go watch in the comfy seats of AT&T Stadium!

I've attended 3 playoff games at NRG...didn't care for it AT ALL. Did not bother to attend when they moved the state games there in 2015.

Those that want to travel to Arlington will and those that don't (or can't) can stay home and watch on TV.

But maybe if speedbump screams a little louder someone in charge (UIL) will listen...LOL

NRG was good enough for the Super Bowl and the NCAA Championship last year but it's not good enough for you or the UIL. My,my you must really be miserable at home games. If more people screamed instead of just bending over greed heads couldn't ruin as much as they do.

d0tc0m
12-07-2017, 02:34 PM
So, why — or how — should the fact that NRG hosted the Super Bowl and the NCAA Championship effect p4s's preference (fancy word for opinion) on which high-end stadium is best for viewing Texas HS football? And, then, how does that preference somehow equate an apparent misery for p4s when watching Sinton play at home?

waterboy
12-07-2017, 02:52 PM
I think the reasons for holding the state championship games at AT&T are obvious. Lower prices for the stadium, a nicer stadium in my opinion, more interest in high school football in the DFW and surrounding areas, higher attendance rates, and the staff at AT&T is much more accommodating. Put all of that together and it's a no-brainer. It's not going to be fair to everybody no matter where the games are played, even if they rotated.

speedbump
12-07-2017, 03:00 PM

Oh and by the way - if you don't want to go to NRG, you can stay home and watch it on TV. If you don't like the Alamodome you can stay home and watch it on TV. Then every 3 years everybody is happy. Rather than MEEE, MEEE,MEE It's called being fair for everyone.

d0tc0m
12-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Oh and by the way - if you don't want to go to NRG, you can stay home and watch it on TV. If you don't like the Alamodome you can stay home and watch it on TV. Then every 3 years everybody is happy. Rather than MEEE, MEEE,MEE It's called being fair for everyone.

Oooh the melodrama.

speedbump
12-07-2017, 03:22 PM
I think the reasons for holding the state championship games at AT&T are obvious. Lower prices for the stadium, a nicer stadium in my opinion, more interest in high school football in the DFW and surrounding areas, higher attendance rates, and the staff at AT&T is much more accommodating. Put all of that together and it's a no-brainer. It's not going to be fair to everybody no matter where the games are played, even if they rotated.

All of those things could be accomplished at NRG given the time and multi year deals that ATT has enjoyed. That's the no brainer. As for more interest in HS fotball -BS. Maybe it seems that way to people there because there is so much more to be interested in down here when the season isn't underway.

lostaussie
12-07-2017, 03:24 PM
I have an opinion......but I'm scared as hell to put it in an open forum to be pummeled by everyone who doesn't agree with it:D

speedbump
12-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Oooh the melodrama.

Is it better than British TV?

d0tc0m
12-07-2017, 03:25 PM
I have an opinion......but I'm scared as hell to put it in an open forum to be pummeled by everyone who doesn't agree with it:D

Oh, com'on, ya snowflake! :)

d0tc0m
12-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Is it better than British TV?

Maybe. I don't know. I couldn't speak confidently on the matter, to be honest.

Aesculus gilmus
12-07-2017, 03:29 PM

Never heard of it and had to look up where it was. I believe you're right. Damn.

I don't think this will be a problem unless Graham were to forfeit.

stardog
12-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Go for it !!! If everyone agreed there would be no replies.

speedbump
12-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Go for it !!! If everyone agreed there would be no replies.

I agree..... oh wait.

rb585
12-07-2017, 04:50 PM
All of those things could be accomplished at NRG given the time and multi year deals that ATT has enjoyed. That's the no brainer.

:rolleyes:

That is a no brainer. You'd have to have no brain to think that.

44INAROW
12-07-2017, 04:57 PM
I don't give a flying flip where the SC is played - I just hope the Cuero Gobblers are playing in it... :2thumbsup If so, my family will be there with bells on....:cheerl:

speedbump
12-07-2017, 04:58 PM

Aren't you suppose to be at the office helping Jerry work out a "standard deal" for the beer vendors?

waterboy
12-07-2017, 06:08 PM

This X2! :D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Thought it was the semi final info not the state championship info lol!!!

Sinton, Cuero and did Navarro also play WOS in houston?

Time to make them travel more, College Station?

griff
12-07-2017, 11:50 PM
Thought it was the semi final info not the state championship info lol!!!

Sinton, Cuero and did Navarro also play WOS in houston?

Time to make them travel more, College Station?

Make them travel more? Both coaches in each game agreed to those locations. Navarro and WO-S had the honor of playing at NRG Stadium.