PDA

View Full Version : Carthage update?

Rabbit'93
09-12-2003, 10:49 PM
nm

c-town
09-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Carthge got beat 21-0. No clue what happened...

Rabbit'93
09-12-2003, 11:02 PM
wow I'm really shocked! I'm anxious to find out as well.

3afan
09-12-2003, 11:07 PM
c-town:
Carthge got beat 21-0. No clue what happened...beat by who?

Rabbit'93
09-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Diboll

c-town
09-12-2003, 11:18 PM
We had 3 or 4 good players out, but no reason to get beat 21-0 by Diboll.

mistanice
09-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Wow, it was a good game, i missed first half but listened to it on they radio and looks like diboll just dominated the whole game. Dont know the stats but i will look at them when they come out tomorrow. Diboll scored 14 in the first half, carthage, came close to a touchdown in the closing seconds of the first half, but diboll was able to hold off the bulldogs. Diboll scored one more touchdown in the 4th and that was it. end of a good game.

trojandad
09-13-2003, 12:09 AM
Just got back. This game was reffed by the same set of refs that handled our game with Trinity. They were AWFUL. For both sides. Samples:

1) there were three pass interference calls in the middle of the field, one went for 2 yards, one 10 yards and one for 15 yards:

2) again, for some reason, an offsides call was a dead ball foul:

3) Carthage had the ball first and ten, ran the ball, were flagged for holding, they marched the ball backwards 10 yards but MOVED THE STICKS BACK 10 YARDS ALSO, so Carthage had the ball first and ten again instead of first and twenty:

4) marked the ball on the field while looking at the sticks, and dozens of more calls.

Diboll definitely beat Carthage, they were ready to play and had watched a lot of film, you could tell. But even the radio announcer for Diboll admitted that the refs didn't allow Carthage to get started, whistling them for holding plays on first down of the first six drives. Was SO reminescent of our game against Trinity, I swear.

My hats off to Diboll, they are definitely a better team than last year. I've never seen so many junk passes in one game tho, meaning the QB jumping higher than the line to throw the ball. Will take a good effort to beat them in their home. I was NOT impressed with Carthage secondary. Diboll's second score was a slant between the two safeties, and instead of them hitting the receiver, they stuck their hands out at the 15 and treated him like a bullfighter would OLE the bull with his cape, then watched the Diboll receiver run into the endzone without chasing him. It was the first half so I have a hard time believing they were disappointed by then, they were still in the game. It was embarrassing to watch their lack of effort on that play tho.

Congrats again Diboll, good game.