PDA

View Full Version : Cardiac Cats

bleedgreen
12-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Texas High School Football: the Championship Trophy

The Kennedale Cardiac Cats
"It's one-year mission: to score as many points as it takes to win, to defend it's goal with an iron will, to boldly go where no previous team has gone before."

Odessa Permian has it's MO-JO starting in the sixties
The Carolina Panthers and Dallas Cowboys were known as "Cardiac".
Yogi Berra said "It ain't over 'til it's over". Someone else mentioned something about a fat lady singing. Don't start the bus up yet. You can't be sure of anything until it happens.
These sayings describe Friday's game at the Star.
With 33 seconds left and Kennedale deep in it's own end of the field, nobody, including me, thought they had a chance of overcoming a one-point deficit.
The press box agreed that the Wildcats were not built for that kind of a comeback: all run and no pass.
Bring in the fat lady and take a blood pressure pill.
I was so excited I couldn't go to sleep until 2:00 AM.

bleedgreen
12-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Even though I saw the Kaufman/Van game earlier this year, those two teams know each other well, so it was hard to judge the strengths and weaknesses. I think Kaufman runs more than passes and the rb and qb did most of the running. Since 2000, Kaufman's record is 103-76. They have had good years and bad years like all teams except Stephenville. Kaufman last won against Kennedale in 2008 while in District 12-3A and they lost by 8 in 2015.
It appears Kaufman does not share stats. I can't find much. Maybe someone can fill in the blanks later. Any team beating Van is a team to take seriously.
This is just a hunch but I think Kaufman thinks they are behind the 8-ball. The first play of the game may be a deep pass and then they will pull out all unconventional plays (flea flickers) when necessary to keep Kennedale guessing. There is no mystery about the Cardiac Cats. They are about 85% run but are confident with passing when the time is right.
The spread on this game is too high for Region finals. You don't get this far without being tested. Kennedale's Coach Barrett won his 200th game last Friday and he's hungry for more. Hopefully, the team can serve up
a gift of one more. Oh, and remember "Don't Mess With The Cat".