PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo headed to A&M

Roughneck93
12-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Jimbo Fisher leaving for A&M job, won't coach Florida State Saturday
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/01/jimbo-fisher-leaving-for-am-job-wont-coach-florida-state-saturday/

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Been keeping my mouth shut because I had a feeling he was just going to use A&M to get a raise and stay at FSU, but....... wow....

And the contract.... rumored 10 years at 7.5MM/yr.....

Tejastrue
12-01-2017, 03:07 PM
These are desperate times, desperate times indeed. lol

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Meh, a&m is just proving that they’re willing to fork out to try to win.

I think it’s too much but I can’t fault them for trying.

Today, jimbo fisher is reportedly close to adding Tim Brewster to his coaching staff, trying to snatch him away from Tom Herman and the longhorns who are heavily pursuing him. That will have a big impact recruiting wise....

Scoop27
12-02-2017, 01:02 PM
A lost cause hire

bigcountry
12-02-2017, 03:58 PM
A lost cause hire

Aggie got their settled, old Mack Brown hire. Unreal they hire an older coach who was 3-5 and 6th in the ACC this year, with not near the drive of the past. But no, that sounds about right for where aggy ends up in SEC standings every year. And willing to pay $7.5 million a year for that? Only aggy could think with such stupidity & lack of fiscal responsibility. Break the bank dummies. Laughable.

Again, so fiscally stupid & irresponsible. What the hell are they thinking? On top of the $10.4 million they had to pay Sumlin to walk away, they also put out $7 million to pay off Jimbo's assistants. That crap is just not sustainable & typical of aggy irresponsibility. Just beyond dumb. An out of control spending school without ethics... well it’s called an out of control spending school without ethics. They act like they are their own country. LOL!! What a great fall is coming. Financially for sure.

Plus, they get a guy with low ethics. See how he handled Jameis Winston fiascos if you need proof. He will also cheat like crazy in recruiting. Can you say NCAA probation for ags in the future? He will not hide that crap in Texas, and plenty will be watching.

Not one bit concerned by that hire & will be fun to watch aggy hollar & cry over mediocrity while paying off that $75 million dollar salary. So dumb in so many ways. Aggy gonna aggy. I laugh.

stardog
12-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Note: saggy used the words TRY and TRYING !!!

SouthTexas Lobo
12-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Aggie got their settled, old Mack Brown hire. Unreal they hire an older coach who was 3-5 and 6th in the ACC this year, with not near the drive of the past. But no, that sounds about right for where aggy ends up in SEC standings every year. And willing to pay $7.5 million a year for that? Only aggy could think with such stupidity & lack of fiscal responsibility. Break the bank dummies. Laughable.

Again, so fiscally stupid & irresponsible. What the hell are they thinking? On top of the $10.4 million they had to pay Sumlin to walk away, they also put out $7 million to pay off Jimbo's assistants. That crap is just not sustainable & typical of aggy irresponsibility. Just beyond dumb. An out of control spending school without ethics... well it’s called an out of control spending school without ethics. They act like they are their own country. LOL!! What a great fall is coming. Financially for sure.

Plus, they get a guy with low ethics. See how he handled Jameis Winston fiascos if you need proof. He will also cheat like crazy in recruiting. Can you say NCAA probation for ags in the future? He will not hide that crap in Texas, and plenty will be watching.

Not one bit concerned by that hire & will be fun to watch aggy hollar & cry over mediocrity while paying off that $75 million dollar salary. So dumb in so many ways. Aggy gonna aggy. I laugh.

Wouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house, and I'm a Longhorn fan

bigcountry
12-02-2017, 11:04 PM

Wow... really? This thread is about A&M hire, not a Texas thread. I am well aware of our issues & want them corrected & soon. You must be quite the Longhorn fan. Wow.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2017, 01:36 AM

Lol, here we have an intelligent longhorn fan. There are many, just not on TXDL.

bigcountry
12-03-2017, 02:04 PM
I stand by everything I said above about the Jimbo Fisher hire. Return back, in say 5-8 years, and I’ll tell you “I told you so” while aggy is trying to get out of two predicaments, incredible debt, & NCAA sanctions, while still trying to figure out where the championships are. Let it play out.

bigcountry
12-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Long before this hire I thought he was a sleazy, unethical coach. Not surprised he would be at aggy now, considering their track record of sleaze (Jackie Sherrill sound familiar & probation?).

And to get an idea of Jimbo’s ethics, he shows absolutely no concern for his current players, by not even communicating to them anything... because he had his eyes dazzled by a school out of control and offering an audacious $75 million dollar contract. Money over the players who have sweated for you all year, that you can’t at least communicate what you are possibly planning? Yeah, that sounds like the college football world of today. He leaves FSU, takes the $75 million & doesn’t even have the decency to meet with his players, much less even text them?

Take note future aggy recruits, his ethics are what they are... take it or leave it, but the guy is more about Jimbo.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Meh, bunch of unsubstantiated claims.

If A&M BoR think they can afford the contract, then it doesn’t really matter what some UT wannabe hillbilly thinks.

I’m not overjoyed by the hire like some of my friends, but I can applaud the effort anyways.

coach
12-04-2017, 03:34 PM
"He will likely cheat in recruiting"

What a da comment.

oldtownag
12-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Long before this hire I thought he was a sleazy, unethical coach. Not surprised he would be at aggy now, considering their track record of sleaze (Jackie Sherrill sound familiar & probation?).

And to get an idea of Jimbo’s ethics, he shows absolutely no concern for his current players, by not even communicating to them anything... because he had his eyes dazzled by a school out of control and offering an audacious $75 million dollar contract. Money over the players who have sweated for you all year, that you can’t at least communicate what you are possibly planning? Yeah, that sounds like the college football world of today. He leaves FSU, takes the $75 million & doesn’t even have the decency to meet with his players, much less even text them?

Take note future aggy recruits, his ethics are what they are... take it or leave it, but the guy is more about Jimbo.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/3DNB9/butthurt/image.jpg

bigcountry
12-08-2017, 05:59 PM
"He will likely cheat in recruiting"

What a da comment.
LOL! You must not get around much with college football if you are not aware of Jimbo’s ethics with recruiting. It is well, well known. How have you missed this? The usual blind aggy? That’s part of aggy’s problem, so blinded & brainwashed with everything aggy, they never think aggy can do anything wrong, when that’s all they have done forever, like not winning a conference title since 1998. And with Saban at Bama, not going to happen anytime soon either. Oh, but aggy will try. Jimbo will try so hard that NCAA probation is more than likely going to be his legacy for aggy. Just let it play out.

bigcountry
12-08-2017, 06:10 PM
And as for your butthurt detector oldtownag..LOL! What is there to be butthurt over with aggy? One of the most mediocre programs when it comes to football championships? Last national title was the leather helmet age? Last conference title 1998? Wow that is mediocre. At least we won a national title in the last dozen years. And with our domination over aggy, a 76-35-1 ledger, the last win 27-25, you think I am butthurt over anything aggy? Laughable. Ya’ll have been no factor for us. Just stating the facts here... not one bit scared about the hire, we are recruiting like a boss, & aggy going in debt with dumb, financial irresponsibility.

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2017, 09:53 PM
‘Recruiting like a boss’..... But scoop already wants Herman fired.... LOL

oldtownag
12-10-2017, 10:41 AM
And as for your butthurt detector oldtownag..LOL! What is there to be butthurt over with aggy? One of the most mediocre programs when it comes to football championships? Last national title was the leather helmet age? Last conference title 1998? Wow that is mediocre. At least we won a national title in the last dozen years. And with our domination over aggy, a 76-35-1 ledger, the last win 27-25, you think I am butthurt over anything aggy? Laughable. Ya’ll have been no factor for us. Just stating the facts here... not one bit scared about the hire, we are recruiting like a boss, & aggy going in debt with dumb, financial irresponsibility.

Your the one posting crap (on the largely un-visited college forum on a HS football site) about your ex-rivals new head coaching hire. Must be jealous, worried, or both. I haven't said a word about the Herman hire. In fact I was happy tu stole him away from LSU.

bigcountry
12-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Your the one posting crap (on the largely un-visited college forum on a HS football site) about your ex-rivals new head coaching hire. Must be jealous, worried, or both. I haven't said a word about the Herman hire. In fact I was happy tu stole him away from LSU.

Nah, you might want to re-read my post... not jealous and not worried for the reasons stated. As they say, “I guess we will see”.

Saggy Aggie
12-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Brewster following jimbo to a&m. Longhorns (and others) tried hard but failed to get him

oldtownag
12-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Brewster following jimbo to a&m. Longhorns (and others) tried hard but failed to get him

Que up the "bigcountry" excuses:

1. We didn't want him.
2. He wasn't that good.
3. A&M overpaid.

Saggy Aggie
12-16-2017, 03:17 PM
Que up the "bigcountry" excuses:

1. We didn't want him.
2. He wasn't that good.
3. A&M overpaid.

Ha, but you can be sure that had they landed him, he would’ve been singing a much different tune....

bigcountry
12-16-2017, 04:42 PM
LOL... too funny. I stand by all my statements. And what’s funny, aggy trades Sumlin, who at least had a .500 record (4-4) in SEC this year, for a guy whose conference record this year was 3-5 in the ACC. Very mediocre, and like I said, Jimbo on downslope of his coaching career, just like Mack Brown and his career. Good luck with that & all the good coaches in SEC West. Just more “middle of the pack” conference finishes like it has been forever with aggy.

Macarthur
12-26-2017, 03:14 PM
You are pathetic.

bigcountry
12-26-2017, 04:37 PM
You are pathetic.
Ditto to you.... just because someone has differing allegiances & doesn’t take Saggy’s crap, we are pathetic? What a stupid board this has become. Not going to waste my time here anymore. You said the correct word... pathetic.

Macarthur
12-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Ditto to you.... just because someone has differing allegiances & doesn’t take Saggy’s crap, we are pathetic? What a stupid board this has become. Not going to waste my time here anymore. You said the correct word... pathetic.

Please go. I would come to this site more if I didn't have to read your tripe. Please go.

Old Tiger
12-27-2017, 11:32 AM
A lot of guaranteed money to an aging coach on the decline.

Macarthur
12-27-2017, 01:02 PM
A lot of guaranteed money to an aging coach on the decline.

Decline? He had a down year when he lost his starting QB in the first game. He's had double digit wins 5 straight years prior to this year. He may or may not succeed at A&M, but saying he's on a decline is just silly. And he's only 52 years old. That's not old.

Old Tiger
12-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Decline? He had a down year when he lost his starting QB in the first game. He's had double digit wins 5 straight years prior to this year. He may or may not succeed at A&M, but saying he's on a decline is just silly. And he's only 52 years old. That's not old.

He has regressed ever since Winston left.

Macarthur
12-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Well, I guess you could call it that, but you could say the same about Saban if winning a national championship is the only way you can keep things on the same level....

They had a really bad year this year, but double digit wins the previous years after the NC, is still pretty damn good and a step up for A&M.

Virtually every list of top college coaches you search lists Fisher in the top 5 or so, some higher than that. None of us has a crystal ball, so it's easy to take pot shots because you've got a 50/50 chance of being right. The bottom line is this is a significant step up in caliber of coach for A&M. They are taking a risk, but you have to give them credit for going for it.

Old Tiger
12-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Look at advanced stats. It’s not pretty

Macarthur
12-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Look at advanced stats. It’s not pretty

He is clearly an upgrade over sumlin. If you dont see that, you are biased.

Macarthur
12-27-2017, 04:37 PM
https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2017/12/1/16724302/fun-with-numbers-previewing-the-jimbo-fisher-hire-with-advanced

This, of course, is from an Aggie site, but numbers are numbers. What are you looking at?

Saggy Aggie
12-28-2017, 12:50 AM
It’s a ton of money, definitely.

Not a huge fan of the contract personally but his resume is legit. The guy has won less than 9 games once in this career (this year, w his starting qb going down in the first game) and less than 10 twice.

SouthTexas Lobo
12-30-2017, 08:57 AM
https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2017/12/1/16724302/fun-with-numbers-previewing-the-jimbo-fisher-hire-with-advanced

This, of course, is from an Aggie site, but numbers are numbers. What are you looking at?

I realize these are Aggie's numbers. My thoughts are that A&M wouldn't have had the good years in Sumlin's first two year if not for Manziel, would have been middle of road all of Sumlin's tenure, and he would have been fired probably couple years back. On the other hand Florida State play's in ACC, and has a tradition of winning long before Jumbo became Head coach. Fisher has basically spent a great deal of his career at FSU. Can't really tell you how many years he's actually been the head coach. My point being I don't think Fisher will do much better than Sumlin did, may have that graph spike early on, but I don't think Fisher is any better of a Coach than Sumlin, could be wrong.

Macarthur
01-26-2018, 03:45 PM
I realize these are Aggie's numbers. My thoughts are that A&M wouldn't have had the good years in Sumlin's first two year if not for Manziel, would have been middle of road all of Sumlin's tenure, and he would have been fired probably couple years back. On the other hand Florida State play's in ACC, and has a tradition of winning long before Jumbo became Head coach. Fisher has basically spent a great deal of his career at FSU. Can't really tell you how many years he's actually been the head coach. My point being I don't think Fisher will do much better than Sumlin did, may have that graph spike early on, but I don't think Fisher is any better of a Coach than Sumlin, could be wrong.

I think virtually everyone in and around college football will tell you fisher is a better coach than sumlin. That really not in question. Will he have better results. Time will tell.

And don’t forget the guy won a NC when he was OC for saban at LSU. He’s got as good a resume as anyone out there this side of the guy at Alabama.

1st and goal
01-27-2018, 09:11 PM
Hope he has good success at recruiting next year. But mostly, I want him to run a squeaky clean ship, which is hard to do this day and age.

Saggy Aggie
01-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Speaking of recruiting next year, Aggies just landed the #1 safety in the 2019 class... 5* Brian Williams