PDA

View Full Version : Playoff games at Texas Tech

db8coach
11-30-2017, 09:25 AM
Looking at the playoff sites from around the state it seems that teams get to play at some really cool stadiums; Reliant, Jones, Alamodome, etc. But when it comes to west Texas, I NEVER see playoff games scheduled at the Jones/AT&T Stadium on the campus of Texas Tech. Does anyone know why?

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2017, 09:42 AM
There was a stretch there where either Jones quit allowing games to be played there or they charged
so much to host that no schools in the area were interested. That's changed in the last few years
though. I think they've hosted a few this year as a matter of fact.

db8coach
11-30-2017, 10:04 AM
I haven't seen anything being played there this year. Most everyone uses the Lubbock ISD stadium.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2017, 10:49 AM
I haven't seen anything being played there this year. Most everyone uses the Lubbock ISD stadium.

There has been a few. In fact there is one this weekend.

El Paso Parkland (10-2) vs. Fort Worth Richland (10-2), 1 p.m. Saturday, Jones Stadium, Lubbock

http://amarillo.com/sports/2017-11-25/high-school-football-region-i-playoff-pairings

db8coach
11-30-2017, 11:02 AM
Color me wrong then.

wyliefan
11-30-2017, 12:19 PM
Abilene Cooper played there last year I believe in the second round.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Abilene Cooper played there last year I believe in the second round.

Man, speaking of Abilene, there is going to be a doozy at Shotwell Saturday afternoon. Euless Trinity vs. Midland Lee at 4 pm.

wyliefan
11-30-2017, 12:31 PM
I think Abilene has 6 playoff games, starting tomorrow. Cooper and Aledo on Friday and Saturday’s game should be very good also, Lee and Trinity and Colleyville vs Lubbock Cornodado. There are a few other smaller classification games also.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2017, 12:40 PM
May as well put the complete playoff schedule link here for those interested.

http://www.texasfootball.com/playoffgames/

GetRDoneStangs
11-30-2017, 06:33 PM
Tech's playing surface was HORRIBLE for a couple or more years. I saw part of a Tech game on tv one Saturday and they mentioned how awful it was. I seem to remember talking with a high school coach and he said that he didn't know any schools playing on it then.

It looks new, so I guess they finally replaced it.

I am glad to see them back in the mix again, even though stadiums are easier to find with turf and that had been remodeled.