PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale vs Midlothian Heritage at the STAR

bleedgreen
11-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Like I said in the first round, Region II is a gauntlet.

toddg
11-29-2017, 08:55 PM
My son scored high against both on sat. video review..he says Kennedale will win

regaleagle
11-30-2017, 07:43 AM
Not so sure about that......Kennedale may get stopped a few times and not be able to stop some big passing plays of the Jaguars. I'm really at odds on this game.....it was very high scoring and close last year. And both teams have many of the same players back this season......and both teams are better this season. I think Kennedale may be able to stop the running game of Heritage and force them to throw it more. Now it becomes a question of what kind of game qb Ledbetter has against the pass rush of Kennedale. If Heritage begins moving the chains on a regular basis thru the air, then that should open up some opportunities for the Jaguar running game. I think you can pretty much figure Kennedale will stick to its running game at least 85% for the entire game.....if not more. Heritage is more balanced offensively, and that's harder to defend against when playing a top team. Should be a great game to watch for those trying to pick a game to go see. :smoker:

bleedgreen
11-30-2017, 08:00 AM
This game is televised on the High School Sports Network (NFHS Network). The monthly subscription is $9.95 and you can drop it after the playoffs or keep watching basketball.

I feel good about Kennedale this year whereas in years past they have always let me down at this point in the year.
If they win the next two games :clap:, then they are ready for the State Semifinals.
They have to play turnover free games to advance.
I think too many offensive and defensive penalties have robbed the team chemistry simply because players get overly aggressive and it spills over into yellow flags flying.
Things like face mask, block below the knee, horse collar, pass interference, hands to the face, holding, un-sportsman-like conduct and of course off-side.
I hope all this is under control and the Wildcats can play a clean, high energy game without resorting to other tactics. When the game gets heated, the Wildcats need cool heads.
Kennedale will score points and Midlothian Heritage will score points with their high octane spread offense. Kennedale's secondary is much better this year and it showed up against Van as it will
against MH. I predict a score similar to Van except when I saw MH vs Lake Worth 2 weeks ago, I saw a porous MH defense. I think Kennedale's offense will be close to 49.
You couldn't ask for a better venue than the Ford Center. I hope the Wildcat fans show up in big numbers despite Dallas traffic and opening night for Santa at the Star. You'll see me
hanging from the rafters if we win.