PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs China Spring the Sequel

LHPfactory
11-26-2017, 01:48 PM
LH came back from a 23 point deficit and ran all over the Cougars for 620 yards during district play to win 59-58.

Who wins this one, I say Panthers over Cougars again!!!

LHAG
11-26-2017, 02:56 PM
Couldn't agree more . I'm only a little bit prejudiced!

hollywood
11-26-2017, 03:36 PM
LH came back from a 23 point deficit and ran all over the Cougars for 620 yards during district play to win 59-58.

Who wins this one, I say Panthers over Cougars again!!!

I agree.. but I think LH will control the game from start to finish this time. :2thumbsup

Bosqueville
11-26-2017, 04:21 PM
China Spring in a nail biter!!!

Rabid Cougar
11-26-2017, 08:12 PM
The whole thread is laughable. LH won by one point.

LHPfactory
11-26-2017, 08:32 PM

You realize that LH out scored CS 38-21 in the second half of that game, and got stronger and stronger as the game went on. The relentless resolve of these young men is off the charts...

panfan
11-27-2017, 08:49 AM

From the one who said CS has LHs number for years.

panfan
11-27-2017, 08:52 AM
This will be a hard fought game, that may go score for score. Last team with the ball likely wins, whoever that may be. I hope it's LH.

lostaussie
11-27-2017, 09:03 AM
The relentless resolve of these young men is off the charts... For some reason this made me bust out laughing:D

Daddy D 11
11-27-2017, 12:22 PM

Rabid, you are correct... LH did in fact win by 1. But I must ask: What's been said in this thread that's so laughable?

bleedgreen
11-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Coaching wins this game.

lostaussie
11-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Coaching wins this game.

Who has that in this game?

LHPfactory
11-27-2017, 02:09 PM
For some reason this made me bust out laughing:D

You are lost lostaussie..... pun intended.

LH came back from being down 44-21 late in the 3rd quarter vs China Spring, if not relentless resolve, what else would you describe it as?
They won a triple overtime game the first round of the play offs as well.

etc, etc, etc.

I will jog your memory, That same resolve that pounded a very talented Gilmer team in 2007, you remember that right ?

This team is rich in the intangibles.

d0tc0m
11-27-2017, 02:22 PM
You are lost lostaussie..... pun intended.

LH came back from being down 44-21 late in the 3rd quarter vs China Spring, if not relentless resolve, what else would you describe it as?
They won a triple overtime game the first round of the play offs as well.

etc, etc, etc.

I will jog your memory, That same resolve that pounded a very talented Gilmer team in 2007, you remember that right ?

This team is rich in the intangibles.

I could be wrong, but I don't think lostaussie was dissing LH at all. And I think he was laughing at what you said for reasons unrelated to the Panthers. Again, though, maybe I'm speaking out of turn.

lostaussie
11-27-2017, 02:51 PM
I wasn't dissing anybody. I was just laughing about the " resolve" Lots of kids have a relentless resolve.......but there is this thing called talent that will only take you so far. I guess I laughed because I'm pretty sure both teams kids have a "relentless resolve". But I certainly wasn't trying to offend you or anyone else. Now the "intangibles" comment, I can certainly agree with. Some teams just seem to have that "it" factor.

This will be a great game. It was the first time and I'm sure it will be the second time. But I'm pretty sure both teams have a "relentless resolve" to win. Problem with that is......one of them isn't going to.

lostaussie
11-27-2017, 03:05 PM
And just to jog your memory, LH didn't beat us in 2007 because they had more resolve than us. They beat us because they were flat out better than we were. We had just as much resolve to win the game.......but talent was holding us back:D

LHPfactory
11-27-2017, 03:31 PM
And just to jog your memory, LH didn't beat us in 2007 because they had more resolve than us. They beat us because they were flat out better than we were. We had just as much resolve to win the game.......but talent was holding us back:D

Its Gilmer aussie, yall are always loaded with talent!!! lol

lostaussie
11-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Its Gilmer aussie, yall are always loaded with talent!!! lol

We seem too......but more times than not we don't have quite enough. They have given out lots of Championship trophies.......we only have 3. There is ALMOST always someone bigger and badder than you.

GUNHO
11-27-2017, 05:18 PM
We seem too......but more times than not we don't have quite enough. They have given out lots of Championship trophies.......we only have 3. There is ALMOST always someone bigger and badder than you.

Yeah,tell me about it.lol

solocam
11-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Toss Up should be a great Game

Rabid Cougar
11-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Rabid, you are correct... LH did in fact win by 1. But I must ask: What's been said in this thread that's so laughable?

The comment about rolling over China Spring... LH was holding their collective breath when CS had just 29 seconds left in the game. LH knew they couldn't stop CS. Hadn't done it all night. LH then let a out collective sigh of relief when CS missed a try of a winning field goal.

I would be thankful that I won the game despite giving up 700 yards of offense to the opponents. i certainly wouldn't be claiming to roll over anyone if the shoe was on the other foot that's for sure.

LHPfactory
11-28-2017, 12:04 AM
The comment about rolling over China Spring... LH was holding their collective breath when CS had just 29 seconds left in the game. LH knew they couldn't stop CS. Hadn't done it all night. LH then let a out collective sigh of relief when CS missed a try of a winning field goal.

I would be thankful that I won the game despite giving up 700 yards of offense to the opponents. i certainly wouldn't be claiming to roll over anyone if the shoe was on the other foot that's for sure.

The stats for the 2 teams side by side show some interesting data trends and common opponent comparisons.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football-fall-17/china-spring-vs-liberty-hill/11-3-2017-LN0VFl5Yy0us5QGPoLXYuQ.htm#tab=matchup&schoolid=

regaleagle
11-28-2017, 12:17 AM
Looks to me like LH scores more points because they give up more points......thus the need to score more to win. I really don't see any "trend" here that would give LH an edge over the Chinermen. In fact.....I voted Chinese is this one. :1popcorn:

LH2AG
11-28-2017, 12:33 AM
It seemed like the first time that these teams met this year, LH was still awestruck of how good the Cougars were in 2016. Thus came into the game timid with just a hope to win the game. Now, knowing that they have the ability to win, there will be a much different attitude coming into the game. However, with the injury at quarterback and unsure of his return, that could be a crucial game changer because a key part of Walker's offense is using every player in the backfield and the back-up just does not have the same amount of talent/experience as the starter. It will be a great game but LH by 10.

LHPfactory
11-28-2017, 01:05 AM
Looks to me like LH scores more points because they give up more points......thus the need to score more to win. I really don't see any "trend" here that would give LH an edge over the Chinermen. In fact.....I voted Chinese is this one. :1popcorn:

Actually we allow about the same amount of points for common opponents, except for Gatesville, trying to help you see what you missed. But LH Scored more in pretty much every game.

The La Vega Game had a 98 yard scoop for 6 that was a 14 point swing... yes, take away that 1 play and its 26-25 La Vega with only a 1 point win over LH.

I am totally OK with you picking CS, heck everyone has and they did the first time... I have complete confidence in My Son, his Teammates, and his Coaches.

LHPfactory
11-28-2017, 03:41 AM
I wasn't dissing anybody. I was just laughing about the " resolve" Lots of kids have a relentless resolve.......but there is this thing called talent that will only take you so far. I guess I laughed because I'm pretty sure both teams kids have a "relentless resolve". But I certainly wasn't trying to offend you or anyone else. Now the "intangibles" comment, I can certainly agree with. Some teams just seem to have that "it" factor.

This will be a great game. It was the first time and I'm sure it will be the second time. But I'm pretty sure both teams have a "relentless resolve" to win. Problem with that is......one of them isn't going to.

No worries and I wasn't taking it as a diss at all. If you cant tell this team means a lot to me, I coached most of these young men back when they were boys in youth football, some as far back as Kindergarten. I also coach them in 7on7 and Linemans challenge, I think the world of and love each and every one of them. As you can see I believe in them to a fault, so you will have to get used to me being a big time homer for the next several years. That being said they have always been good football players with a great work ethic and loads of grit.

LH Panther Mom
11-28-2017, 06:39 AM

OMG! How I have missed you!

Bosqueville
11-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Dang Slot-T!

panfan
11-30-2017, 08:45 AM
I would like to see at least one LH linebacker on a stunt damn near every play to pressure the qb and help out the front three. Best way to help secondary is with pressure up front. LH slows down the baby blue's some and they will win. Can't afford another trading scores type of game not at this level.

Daddy D 11
11-30-2017, 04:01 PM
OMG! How I have missed you!

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Daddy D 11
11-30-2017, 04:06 PM
I will be at this one. In a camo jacket for anyone that wants to say hi. Wasn't able to make the first CS/LH meeting. Heard from some people I trust that LH was real lucky to sneak out of there with that one. Been able to make a couple of the other home games this season tho and have loved what I've seen from the offense (amazing what Walker can do with these kids huh? (defense, not so much)).

It's been a minute since I've been to a LH playoff game...looking forward to it!

Daddy D 11
11-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Also, is La Vega next for whoever wins this game?

Bosqueville
11-30-2017, 04:26 PM
You are correct.. La Vega is next.

Bosqueville
12-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Just want to go on record. Leo Buckley staff stink. 3rd round and one ticket booth open. One small concession window open. Lines everywhere.

panfan
12-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Nice win LH. Great game CS

Bosqueville
12-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Great win Liberty Hill! You beat CS and the refs. Man that was some ugly officiating! Now go beat those nasty pirates!

ccmom
12-02-2017, 12:35 AM
I will be at this one. In a camo jacket for anyone that wants to say hi. Wasn't able to make the first CS/LH meeting. Heard from some people I trust that LH was real lucky to sneak out of there with that one. Been able to make a couple of the other home games this season tho and have loved what I've seen from the offense (amazing what Walker can do with these kids huh? (defense, not so much)).

It's been a minute since I've been to a LH playoff game...looking forward to it!

Whoa!! He came out from hiding!!

LH Panther Mom
12-02-2017, 12:40 AM

:dispntd::dispntd::dispntd: You should have found me. I was right behind your buddy, Super R.

Rabid Cougar
12-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Great win Liberty Hill! You beat CS and the refs.

It wasn't ME!

LH Panther Mom
12-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Great win Liberty Hill! You beat CS and the refs. Man that was some ugly officiating! Now go beat those nasty pirates!

You are right. The officiating was atrocious!

Thanks for the well wishes. Date & time is still TBD...something about not agreeing on officiating crew.

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2017, 06:43 PM
You are right. The officiating was atrocious!

Thanks for the well wishes. Date & time is still TBD...something about not agreeing on officiating crew.

Sent to UIL for assignment.

Daddy D 11
12-04-2017, 09:29 AM
We happened to be seated on the far end of the stadium closest to where all the 4th quarter action happened...had a perfect view of those QB sneaks at the goal line and LET ME TELL YOU: LH got in TWICE! It was unreal. Everyone around us was silent lol total disbelief at what was happening. How that line judge never signaled touchdown is beyond me?? Just a REALLY bizarre 4th quarter that was hijacked by the refs. I thought the LH fans traveled pretty well. The lady that handed me my ticket when I walked in told me that LH doubled CS on tickets? Found that surprising/interesting.

Couple game notes (actually, just one game note): WHY WAS CHINA RUNNING THE BALL SO MUCH? Offensive play calling went into a shell in the 2nd half imo. Most passing situations in the 1st half were wide ass open! Came out in the 2nd half and got in their own heads too much, tried to play keep away from LH, and it totally killed their offense. China was determined in the 2nd half to play right into LHs defensive strength?

Bosqueville
12-04-2017, 10:27 AM
We happened to be seated on the far end of the stadium closest to where all the 4th quarter action happened...had a perfect view of those QB sneaks at the goal line and LET ME TELL YOU: LH got in TWICE! It was unreal. Everyone around us was silent lol total disbelief at what was happening. How that line judge never signaled touchdown is beyond me?? Just a REALLY bizarre 4th quarter that was hijacked by the refs. I thought the LH fans traveled pretty well. The lady that handed me my ticket when I walked in told me that LH doubled CS on tickets? Found that surprising/interesting.

Couple game notes (actually, just one game note): WHY WAS CHINA RUNNING THE BALL SO MUCH? Offensive play calling went into a shell in the 2nd half imo. Most passing situations in the 1st half were wide ass open! Came out in the 2nd half and got in their own heads too much, tried to play keep away from LH, and it totally killed their offense. China was determined in the 2nd half to play right into LHs defensive strength?

You tell me and we will both know. CS coaches tend to play not to lose instead of playing to win or go for the throat.

Bosqueville
12-04-2017, 10:30 AM
As far as China Spring's crowd... most of my friends were not going for many different reasons. Most were going to watch Midway at Baylor. Our crowds have been very light this year and it just seems that after last years talented team, the fans just were not into it this year.