PDA

View Full Version : Class 3A Division II - East Bernard vs Boling

Scoop27
11-26-2017, 01:29 PM
Friday at Lamar Consolidated in Rosenberg EB won the first game in district 28-24

pirate4state
11-27-2017, 01:36 PM
This is in the wrong forum, but you knew that already.

Crow22
11-27-2017, 01:48 PM
This is in the wrong forum, but you knew that already.

Scoop don't care. Its his born duty to inform us of all things East Bernard related.

waterboy
11-27-2017, 05:44 PM
East Bernard and Boling do play each other, though. They are playing in Gilmer. It looks like I won't be able to make the Gilmer game, or the Union Hill game because I'm working late Friday. I may be able to catch some of this game, though, as it's literally right down the road from me.

Scoop27
11-27-2017, 07:39 PM
Game is at Lamar Consolidated in Rosenberg-Not Gilmer which wrong

Crow22
11-27-2017, 08:17 PM
East Bernard and Boling do play each other, though. They are playing in Gilmer. It looks like I won't be able to make the Gilmer game, or the Union Hill game because I'm working late Friday. I may be able to catch some of this game, though, as it's literally right down the road from me.

Lol....playing in Gilmer? Where did you hear that? That's not true. Lmao.

EB and Boling are West/Southwest of Houston. They're playing in Rosenberg.

waterboy
11-28-2017, 12:11 AM
Read it somewhere reputable, but they made a mistake and have since changed it. I was surprised when I read it, too.

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to wait another week to see another playoff game.

regaleagle
11-28-2017, 12:24 AM
Sounds to me like somebody's been drinking that Gilmer concoction stuff too early waterboy, LOL. Y'all should be saving that stuff for Melissa for gametime this week.

waterboy
11-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Sounds to me like somebody's been drinking that Gilmer concoction stuff too early waterboy, LOL. Y'all should be saving that stuff for Melissa for gametime this week.

The TDH potion is pretty potent this season. If you don't know what that is..., you'll have to wait till Friday night. :D

Scoop27
11-29-2017, 06:44 PM
Heard from both district that they are expecting big crowd of over 10,000- Even at Traylor Stadium in Roseberg. Would love to see EB win again but Bulldogs have Vernon Jackson. But EB has a stiff defense and held Jackson to 300 yards last time they played in district just three weeks ago.Will be a low scoring game though

Crow22
11-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Heard from both district that they are expecting big crowd of over 10,000- Even at Traylor Stadium in Roseberg. Would love to see EB win again but Bulldogs have Vernon Jackson. But EB has a stiff defense and held Jackson to 300 yards last time they played in district just three weeks ago.Will be a low scoring game though

EB "held" him to 300 yards?

Scoop....come on man...

Third
11-30-2017, 01:50 PM

I saw Boling against Dilley and they move Jackson around a lot but didn't really need him against the Wolves. Their FB and two other RBs, #28 and #5, I think, did the damage. They had like four 1-play scoring drives. Although, I heard that #28 was injured at area, pretty badly too. This team is different than a year ago. Last year Boling was heavily dependent on Jackson, doesn't seem to be the case this year. Dilley did move the ball passing in the flats on the Bulldogs. They had two first half possessions to the Boling 20 but turned it over on downs both times. Don't know if East Bernard throws it around or not. Just my 2 cents.

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2017, 01:53 PM
What position is Jackson gonna play at Alabama?

I heard he might lose his spot there if other potential recruits decide to go to Bama though

DogGob
11-30-2017, 02:02 PM
safety?

Crow22
11-30-2017, 02:24 PM
safety?

At 6'4, 250lbs...

I doubt he plays safety.

Scoop27
11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
I think He will play Fullback at college-QB at high school

waterboy
11-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Is he fast, too? His size is like a LB/DL hybrid.

speedbump
11-30-2017, 06:13 PM
I think He will play Fullback at college-QB at high school

Tight End

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2017, 08:04 PM
At 6'4, 250lbs...

I doubt he plays safety.

I have only seen him play once, but i didnt think he was nearly fast enough to play a skill position at Alabama. He's a good player but I'm having a hard time picturing exactly where hes going to be playing

cards4me
11-30-2017, 10:50 PM
I have only seen him play once, but i didnt think he was nearly fast enough to play a skill position at Alabama. He's a good player but I'm having a hard time picturing exactly where hes going to be playing

I hope he won't be playing against a bunch of little guy's like Gunter had, they ate him up. I really do not think he will end up at Alabama.

wedo
12-01-2017, 09:16 AM
I hope he won't be playing against a bunch of little guy's like Gunter had, they ate him up. I really do not think he will end up at Alabama.

HE has an offer from Bama and has committed, what makes you think he won't go there?

Also, for those wondering how fast he was, he's a Legit 4.7...Yes at 240 Lbs. He can run away from people as well.

wedo
12-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Go back and watch the game on Youtube....Gunter was big upfront. They had some small skill kids yes, but upfront they were good enough to play with an 3a-4a DII team in the State.

wedo
12-01-2017, 09:28 AM

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/vernon-jackson-commitment-alabama-crimson-tide-recruiting

Alabama has added a commitment from one of the most versatile recruits in the 2018 class in Vernon Jackson.

Jackson, a 3-star athlete from Boling (Texas) High School, committed to Alabama over TCU and Texas A&M. He was silently committed to Alabama prior to his original commitment date of Aug. 26, which ended up getting postponed because of Hurricane Harvey.

What makes Jackson’s recruitment unique is that the Crimson Tide are recruiting him at linebacker, the Horned Frogs wanted him at defensive end and the Aggies were looking at him at running back.

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound prospect plays quarterback for his school and led Boling to the state playoffs last year. He rushed for over 2,000 yards and scored a combined 40 touchdowns as a junior.

“He’s special and freaky,” Boling coach Kevin Urbanek told SEC Country. “He’s 6-foot-3 and weighs over 240 pounds, but he moves like a skill kid. You watch him on film sometimes and you just ask yourself how he made that cut or how he does what he does at that size. He’s a special freak. That’s what I call him.”

Jackson told SEC Country on Thursday why he chose the Crimson Tide.

“They have a great program. I like it a lot there,” Jackson said. “I really like the coaches. They’re great people. They treat everyone good. I feel like I will fit in well there. I don’t know exactly where I’m going to play just yet, but I feel like I’d be a good player there.”

Alabama started looking like Jackson’s eventual landing spot back in July when he visited Tuscaloosa for the Champions Cookout. While some fans may moan about why the team is taking a 3-star athlete, you should know that Jackson isn’t one to attend recruiting camps and rarely talks to the media who do those rankings. Some scouting sites put a lot of emphasis on attending their camps in order to have your ranking boosted. Jackson couldn’t care less.

While in Tuscaloosa, Jackson ran a 4.7 40-yard dash in front of Nick Saban and Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt. Both coaches are impressed with Jackson’s athleticism and his freakish abilities in the weight room where he squats 600 pounds.

Jackson becomes Alabama’s 11th commitment in the 2018 class.

cards4me
12-01-2017, 05:04 PM
Go back and watch the game on Youtube....Gunter was big upfront. They had some small skill kids yes, but upfront they were good enough to play with an 3a-4a DII team in the State.

Your correct they did have two kids that were bigger than Jackson. One was 6'6" 300 and the other was 6' 3" 250 .I just think there is a chance he may go to another school. Alabama is a long way from home and he may get an offer that was not an option at the time he committed to Bama. You never know what is going through kids minds.

cards4me
02-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Your correct they did have two kids that were bigger than Jackson. One was 6'6" 300 and the other was 6' 3" 250 .I just think there is a chance he may go to another school. Alabama is a long way from home and he may get an offer that was not an option at the time he committed to Bama. You never know what is going through kids minds.

Vernon Jackson signed with Texas A & M I had a feeling that would happen