PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Salado: Saturday, 8:00 PM- San Antonio @ the Alamodome!

OLE'BULL
11-26-2017, 09:44 AM
From the tweet announcing the game details, Brahma coach Grady Rowe didn’t appear too excited about this location and mentioned losing the coin toss. College Station seemed like it made more sense but may have been too close to Bellville for Salados comfort. CS is about 40 minutes closer to Bellville than Salado. The Brahmas are coming off an overtime thriller over Fairfield and Salado just breezed by Liberty 63-14. I quickly learned to never doubt coach Rowe years ago and expected nothing less than 1-2 playoff wins this year, MINIMUM. I’m sure starting 0-4 had some inexperienced Brahma fans doubting them, but Coach Rowe is phenomenal at getting his teams to peak at just the right time. QB Marcus Ward is on fire right now and has allowed Coach Rowe to open up the passing game more than usual. He makes this team go and has been a completely selfless Brahma his entire career. I was around when his Dad played so there is no doubt in my mind as to where he gets it from. Salado seems to like to score a lot of points and the Brahma D will have a challenge slowing them down. Anyone have any insight on the Fairfield vs. Salado game and how Fairfield beat them during the regular season? Can’t wait for Saturday, I will take the Brahmas in a shootout, 42-35! Go Bulls!

pirate4state
11-26-2017, 11:19 AM
I'll probably be there for at least the first half. Spending Saturday in the dome watching two of our area teams since my Pirates are done for the year.
Best of luck to Bellville

Scoop27
11-28-2017, 08:42 PM
Webcast
www.bellvillesports.com

zebrablue2
11-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Rowe does coach um up and gets all the best of the kids, best of luck to them Sat...

Ville-D
11-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Good luck to Coach Haire.

pirate4state
11-29-2017, 11:28 AM
For the fans attending this game. This is the worst time slot with traffic moving out after the 4 p.m. game. I suggest you try and get there during that 2nd game so they'll let you park. The Alamodome is charging $15 for parking!!! That's ridiculous considering we only pay $10 at the State games.

44INAROW
11-29-2017, 11:34 AM
For the fans attending this game. This is the worst time slot with traffic moving out after the 4 p.m. game. I suggest you try and get there during that 2nd game so they'll let you park. The Alamodome is charging $15 for parking!!! That's ridiculous considering we only pay $10 at the State games.

she's not joking about the parking - last year, we ended up eating at the Quarry and taking an Uber to the Alamodome and back... ALOT less headache :)

pirate4state
11-29-2017, 02:42 PM
she's not joking about the parking - last year, we ended up eating at the Quarry and taking an Uber to the Alamodome and back... ALOT less headache :)

We will never play there again as long as I have someone's ear :D I mean, we've never scored a freaking point in that damn building! :thmbdwn:

OLE'BULL
12-03-2017, 09:03 AM
What a game! Hats off to Salado, one of the gutsiest high school teams I have seen play in person, coach included. Bellville got the ball first and matched straight down the field. It looked like everything we did worked until we had it first and goal from the 3-4 yd line. Salado bowed their necks and held the Brahmas. I knew they weren’t going to roll over easy from that point on. I will say that if you didn’t look at the scoreboard (cliche I know), Bellville looked like the far superior team. Both Defenses were lights out but Salado couldn’t get much going other than first drive to start the second half. They stepped up in OT and held us to a field goal. Then on the first play Salado made a gutsy call and threw a go route that couldn’t have been thrown any better. Our safety, who played a hell of a game might I add, (#11 Stone Rowe-coaches son) was inches away from batting it down and possibly picking it off to end the game. Bellville had more penalties than I have ever seen in recent years (some calls were nonsense IMO), probably more yards in penalties than Salado had on offense. We had many chances to put the game away but either killed ourselves with penalties, didn’t lower our shoulder to pick up a crucial first down, or just got out-willed by Salado. Like I said, hats off to Salado. They were worn down but just kept fighting like a bunch of yard dogs and from the stands it just looked like they wanted it more (it KILLS me to say that). They are fighters and a great example of what Texas high school football is all about. Our line has struggled all season and needs to get a little of that yard dog mentality I mentioned earlier. Another magical ride for the Brahmas who started 0-4 and was very close to going 4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Coach Rowe will always surprise people (not me though) and we are lucky to have him. I look for another mediocre regular season next year but of course another playoff contention because that is what Rowe does. Keep an eye out for us in 2-3 years. We have a strong freshman and sophomore class coming up. Great game and hats off to Salado, good luck the rest of the way. BRAHMAS keep your heads held high. Bellville, America loves ya!!

OLE'BULL
12-03-2017, 09:04 AM
And boy was I dead wrong on my score prediction, yikes!

zebrablue2
12-03-2017, 09:20 AM
And boy was I dead wrong on my score prediction, yikes!

Thanks for the recap Bull, that first drive and the fumbled snap from the 1/2 yard line on 4th down would have been a huge score. Announcers talked like he may have been in on the 3rd down play? Great run brahmas!!!

OLE'BULL
12-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Yep it definitely looked like he got in on the replay. I think it was pretty close though.

OLE'BULL
12-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Here are some stats:

Bellville had 17 first downs and they had 12.

Rushing- Bellville was 50-199 and they were 34-150.

Passing- Bellville was 8-10-0 for 82 and they were 5-9-1 for 55.

Penalties- Bellville was 14-100 and they were 6-50. Would have been more yards on us but a few were half the distance to the goal so it didn’t all get included.