PDA

View Full Version : Battle of misspelled towns: Wimberley-Sweeny, 7pm Friday @Brenham

rb585
11-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Or is it Wimberly-Sweeney?

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Hate driving to Brenham. Wish we could have played at Cuero.

Crow22
11-25-2017, 12:19 PM

Perfect title for this game. We should make T-shirts!

Crow22
11-25-2017, 12:20 PM

Brenham is only 2 hrs from Wimberley....Cuero is 1:45. Not much difference.

rb585
11-25-2017, 12:38 PM
Brenham is only 2 hrs from Wimberley....Cuero is 1:45. Not much difference.

I don't care if Brenham is an hour... Having to angle through that stupid intersection on 21 in Bastrop is what I imagine hell is like, especially now that it's under construction.

Plus, all the stop lights east of Austin. And the train in Giddings. And the intersection in Brenham where you have to turn right to stay on 290.

And Truth BBQ will already be sold out.

Jeez, I hate this drive. (Dad lives in Brenham.)

bleedgreen
11-25-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm glad I don't live in Floogerville, uh Pflugerville. Oh well, the zip code is all that matters.

Crow22
11-25-2017, 12:58 PM
I don't care if Brenham is an hour... Having to angle through that stupid intersection on 21 in Bastrop is what I imagine hell is like, especially now that it's under construction.

Plus, all the stop lights east of Austin. And the train in Giddings. And the intersection in Brenham where you have to turn right to stay on 290.

Lmao....fair enough. You win!

regaleagle
11-25-2017, 02:59 PM
My vote goes to JoJo and Wimberley/Wimberly, not Sweeny/Sweeney in this one, LOL. :D

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2017, 03:09 PM
If I recall, I went and watched wimberley against sweeny in Brenham a few years back.

pirate4state
11-25-2017, 03:31 PM
I really wanted to go watch this game, but Brenham? Can’t make that one. Guess I’ll be in SA all weekend

rb585
11-25-2017, 03:37 PM
If I recall, I went and watched wimberley against sweeny in Brenham a few years back.

We also played them 2011 in Victoria.

Tejastrue
11-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Had to go back and read the 2010 thread. Fun times.

44INAROW
11-25-2017, 09:25 PM

Those were some fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
11-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Believe Wimberley is the home team...finally.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Sweeny look just as impressive as Cuero, didn't expect them to be at that level but they are. Wimberley qb was as advertised.

Sweeny by a td.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2017, 12:41 PM
I really wanted to go watch this game, but Brenham? Can’t make that one. Guess I’ll be in SA all weekend

same here, no way to make it to this game still deciding what game or games i'm going to.

Tejastrue
11-28-2017, 10:50 PM
Sweeny look just as impressive as Cuero, didn't expect them to be at that level but they are. Wimberley qb was as advertised.

Sweeny by a td.

Looking back was this not true? 11 starters out against Cuero and 8 out for and losing Canales during the Sweeny game? How can you even gauge either game?

pirate4state
11-29-2017, 11:25 AM
Looking back was this not true? 11 starters out against Cuero and 8 out for and losing Canales during the Sweeny game? How can you even gauge either game?

Huh?

I know you aren't talking to me, but I've seen 3 of the 4 remaining teams in Region 4 and all 3 would represent the region very well. I still think Sweeny has the athletes to match-up with Wimberley and win, but it's going to be close and I keep going back & forth on who I think will win. Today, I'm thinking Wimberley because y'all take care of the ball a lot more than Sweeny. Sweeny put the ball on the ground 3 times against us (not that it helped us any), but if Sweeny puts the ball on the ground against y'all it's going to lead to points. I'm still annoyed I won't be able to watch this game!

lbjacj
11-29-2017, 12:30 PM

There is a fan bus in the works. $25 if it is full $30 if not. Contact Sharon at krebss@austin.rr.com if interested.
Leaves at 4:00

Tejastrue
11-29-2017, 01:21 PM
Huh?

I know you aren't talking to me, but I've seen 3 of the 4 remaining teams in Region 4 and all 3 would represent the region very well. I still think Sweeny has the athletes to match-up with Wimberley and win, but it's going to be close and I keep going back & forth on who I think will win. Today, I'm thinking Wimberley because y'all take care of the ball a lot more than Sweeny. Sweeny put the ball on the ground 3 times against us (not that it helped us any), but if Sweeny puts the ball on the ground against y'all it's going to lead to points. I'm still annoyed I won't be able to watch this game!

I was thinking it would be difficult to gauge because you guys were so depleted in both games. There is no way in hell you would have the same results if Sinton was healthy. Too much talent there. That is all.

Crow22
11-29-2017, 01:40 PM
I was thinking it would be difficult to gauge because you guys were so depleted in both games. There is no way in hell you would have the same results if Sinton was healthy. Too much talent there. That is all.

Healthy or not....Sinton wasn't beating Cuero or Sweeny. Instead of 60-0 and 54-0 it might have been 54-7 and 49-7....

Seriously.

pirate4state
11-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Healthy or not....Sinton wasn't beating Cuero or Sweeny. Instead of 60-0 and 54-0 it might have been 54-7 and 49-7....

Seriously.

Appreciate the nod, tejas, but Crow is correct. We had talent, but not Sweeny/Cuero talent. Not this year.

Tejastrue
11-29-2017, 03:45 PM
Some just want to read into my posts too deeply. Not mentioning any names. Crow22. Was just saying it would have been more competitive. More than he/she is stating. We will never know.

Mr. Football
11-30-2017, 04:12 PM
Sweeny wins in a close one

44INAROW
11-30-2017, 04:58 PM

having a discussion at work and I was told NO iNTERNET SEARCH to get answer... I was asked when the infamous FOGBOWL in SeGuin was - I'm thinking 2004 - boss said 2005... (this isn't an internet search lol lol) my son was on team both years so my years/memory gets foggy (ok, that was bad) I do remember the Alamodome loss :( his senior year....2006

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2017, 06:46 PM
having a discussion at work and I was told NO iNTERNET SEARCH to get answer... I was asked when the infamous FOGBOWL in SeGuin was - I'm thinking 2004 - boss said 2005... (this isn't an internet search lol lol) my son was on team both years so my years/memory gets foggy (ok, that was bad) I do remember the Alamodome loss :( his senior year....2006

Had some video or picture of that game, also recall a Wimberley fan giving me a Sinton coach jacket she said her husband was on the Wimberley staff so didnt need it anymore. I think LHPM took pictures of downlow members that night.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Some just want to read into my posts too deeply. Not mentioning any names. Crow22. Was just saying it would have been more competitive. More than he/she is stating. We will never know.

It should be a great game or one might be better than some think and that could be either team and win by a bigger margin than expected. Going in imo it could go either way but thinking Sweeny by a td.

And yes Wimberley did face a more healthier Sinton team but this is how Wimberley and Sweeny matchup against each other.

Tejastrue
11-30-2017, 07:01 PM

It was indeed 2004

Tejastrue
11-30-2017, 07:23 PM
from the 2006 Cuero vs Wimberley thread. lol :wave:

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?55643-Region-IV-GotW-(Round-3)-Wimberley-vs-Cuero/page17

ogg
11-30-2017, 08:09 PM
from the 2006 Cuero vs Wimberley thread. lol :wave:

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?55643-Region-IV-GotW-(Round-3)-Wimberley-vs-Cuero/page17

I remember it well :)

ogg
11-30-2017, 08:25 PM
Nothing better than high school football and Texas High School football is on another level. For me, I would much rather watch a high school game than college or pro, it is....more pure. We play the kids that we know well, the kids that grew up around us. We want to win but in the end, the lessons learned through competition, comradery and opponent respect are life long values to keep. We've now reached a level in the playoff where there really isn't an "upset", all teams are good. Let's all have fun, be safe and I pray for no injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_SwHb6xMo

pirate4state
12-01-2017, 10:56 AM

I was at both those games! That fog was insane! We couldn't even see across the field lol.

Good luck tonight. I'm going to take a page out of the S2S rhetoric and say "I think Sweeny will win, but it wouldn't surprise me if Wimberley wins either" lolz -- also, I'll probably change my mind again in a few hours :D :doh: :crazy:

44INAROW
12-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Nothing better than high school football and Texas High School football is on another level. For me, I would much rather watch a high school game than college or pro, it is....more pure. We play the kids that we know well, the kids that grew up around us. We want to win but in the end, the lessons learned through competition, comradery and opponent respect are life long values to keep. We've now reached a level in the playoff where there really isn't an "upset", all teams are good. Let's all have fun, be safe and I pray for no injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_SwHb6xMo

Nice Ogg:thumbsup: and oh so true....

rb585
12-01-2017, 01:38 PM
I literally have no clue how to figure out how good Sweeny is.

Their best game was a loss.

They have zero wins against teams that are still in the playoffs.

They have one non-district win against a team that made the playoffs.

3&4 in their district won as many games as our district's 3&4 won, and our district's 3&4 were not good.

I'm not saying Sweeny's not good; I'm saying I have no idea how to look at that resume and conclude that they're really good.

Crow22
12-01-2017, 01:53 PM

3&4 in their district won as many games as our district's 3&4 won, and our district's 3&4 were not good.

I'm not saying Sweeny's not good; I'm saying I have no idea how to look at that resume and conclude that they're really good.

I understand your logic. The thing that cannot be measured is what the 16 day evacuation (flood) of the city of Sweeny did to them at the beginning of the season.

That was rough and caused a ton of adversity for several weeks.

Tejastrue
12-01-2017, 03:06 PM
For all you Wimberley folk not going to this game...:taunt:...and :tongue::tongue::tongue:. Go Texans!!

scrub c
12-01-2017, 05:28 PM
wimberley dont stand a chance in this one... sweeney too much run game...

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2017, 05:34 PM

3 and 4? Llano won 8 games? Sinton was 8-3 losses to Cuero 60-0/Sweeny 54-0 and Wimberley 52-24. Rest of district was like 3 and below in D13.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2017, 08:07 PM
is there a webcast of this game, Wimberley radio not loading

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Wimberley 4 plays and TD

Wimberley 7 Sweeny 0 1st qtr

Tejastrue
12-01-2017, 08:27 PM
is there a webcast of this game, Wimberley radio not loading

Check your add ons. Activated

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Check your add ons. Activated

thanks forgot i had turn off flashplayer few days ago

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2017, 08:34 PM
Good start, 14-0 Texans.

Did Sweeny do anything offensively?

Tejastrue
12-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Good start, 14-0 Texans.

Did Sweeny do anything offensively?

Glad you got it going. Nothing early on. Tough running though. At the game. Great night for football.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Wow great play for Wimberley

lbjacj
12-01-2017, 09:25 PM
First double hook and lateral I've ever seen! Wow.
Texans have outplayed them so far! Defense stopping their run game! Jojo has been off on a few of his throws deep but looking good all around! Had a sure TD to Stover but the d back had him by the back of his jersey and no call!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Wimberley with defensive stop as 3rd qtr ends

Wimberley 35 Sweeny 10 4th qtr

qtr a away from advancing for Texans

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Congrats Texans, great win. Big night by the rb in this game. Looking forward to next week matchup i will try and make that game.

Tejastrue
12-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Thanks SFiA...I've always said we have a legit running game.

rb585
12-02-2017, 12:46 AM
wimberley dont stand a chance in this one... sweeney too much run game...

I look forward to more of your expert analysis in the future.

Let's be honest here -- Wimberley's O-Line just kicked the Sweeny defensive front's asses all night long. I heard Carruthers had about 250 yards -- he had huuuuuuge holes to run through and just punished the secondary; those poor kids didn't even try to tackle him on his last TD.

Weeks didn't even play that well, compared to some of the performances he has put on this season.

The hook-and-double-lateral was seriously the greatest football play I've seen in my entire life.

pirate4state
12-02-2017, 01:25 AM
Good lawd...Sweeny really **** the bed, huh? Didn't expect this big of an ass beating!

Congrats to the Texans! Can't wait to watch next week vs. Cuero. All I'll say is that whoever wins -- I like your chances against R3.

scrub c
12-02-2017, 09:17 AM
I look forward to more of your expert analysis in the future.

Let's be honest here -- Wimberley's O-Line just kicked the Sweeny defensive front's asses all night long. I heard Carruthers had about 250 yards -- he had huuuuuuge holes to run through and just punished the secondary; those poor kids didn't even try to tackle him on his last TD.

Weeks didn't even play that well, compared to some of the performances he has put on this season.

The hook-and-double-lateral was seriously the greatest football play I've seen in my entire life.

I stand corrected...
and the hook&lateral (for those that did not see it) was the Boise State play vs Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl 2007 I think.
Boise state did not have to use pitch man-but same play

One of those plays you probably practice for 3 years and run once due to game situations and all... executed to perfection. (anybody got video ?)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2017, 09:30 AM
I stand corrected...
and the hook&lateral (for those that did not see it) was the Boise State play vs Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl 2007 I think.

One of those plays you probably practice for 3 years and run once due to game situations and all... executed to perfection. (anybody got video ?)

https://twitter.com/Sports_NightTX/status/936783087345659904

game highlights at 5:27 http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/austin/sports/2017/12/02/hs-football-playoffs--round-3-friday-recap

Tejastrue
12-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Game stats..

https://teamplayer.statesman.com/web/home.php?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&mkt=&ID=26922&Season=2017&Sport=1&tab=tab1#tab1

lbjacj
12-02-2017, 03:00 PM
I stand corrected...

That play is near the end. Better view of it.

http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?videoid=a4c17eb0-3cfb-4a8b-8f53-38c6ab25b69f

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Game stats..

https://teamplayer.statesman.com/web/home.php?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&mkt=&ID=26922&Season=2017&Sport=1&tab=tab1#tab1Went over the stats for Texans games this season, Sinton had the most offensive yards against the Texans this season so far, 242 rushing and 200 passing for 442 total yds. Not bad for Sinton offense that was struggling going into the playoffs. Wimberley has played some D all year it seems with the offense getting more of the attention. Holding Sweeny to 244 yds of offense and Carrizo Springs to 204 yds

rb585
12-02-2017, 03:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBXcYWTUvCs&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBXcYWTUvCs

Tejastrue
12-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Some nice Texan still shots from the game. Thank you Amanda Thielman.

http://lonestargridiron.com/2017/12/wimberley-over-sweeny-120117-by-amanda-thielman/