Where?

lostaussie
11-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Steers by 30+

Dang!!!!

GetRDoneStangs
11-25-2017, 10:26 AM
Steers by 30+

Have you seen both teams play or you basing entirely on common opponents?

GetRDoneStangs
11-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Where?

Graham (12-0) vs. Sweetwater (10-2), 7 p.m. Friday, Abilene Christian University

#1 TEXAN
11-25-2017, 10:43 AM
Yes I have seen both teams play. That’s just my opinion I understand anything can happen.

#1 TEXAN
11-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Mabe we could ask Vernon or Monahans what they think??

GetRDoneStangs
11-25-2017, 10:56 AM
Yes I have seen both teams play. That’s just my opinion I understand anything can happen.

I have not had opportunity to see Graham play (I was hoping our game would have been Friday afternoon so I could get back to Sweetwater for their game). You will not get any arguments from the Sweetwater faithful that the Steers are a very good team and the Mustangs will have to play extremely to win this

Sweetwater Red
11-25-2017, 11:17 AM
It’s football in December. Anything that can happen usually does.

I couldn’t make it to Breckenridge. So, I made my way to Mustang Bowl for Graham vs. Monahans.

Let me tell you what, Graham is stacked. They reminded me of some Argyle teams I’ve seen in the past.
They are big where they need to be big, fast where they need to fast and execute very well at all positions.
But, they can be beat it’s just going to take a flawless game to do it. Hopefully Sweetwater can play that
type of game next Friday. If not then Gilmer or Pleasant Grove will need to or the Steers will be the next
Region I team playing in AT&T Stadium.

Go Mustangs

Stownhorse
11-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Sweetwater definitely got out coached. Vernon executed their clock control game plan. We didn't have much of a problem scoring when we actually had the ball. Anyways, I guess I should save myself a trip to Abilene. Steers by 100+

Razorback88
11-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Graham by 42

Razorback88
11-25-2017, 12:45 PM
Will Sweetwater return a lot next year?

sweetwater07
11-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Sweetwater secondary going to have to be better than their run D.

Stownhorse
11-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Will Sweetwater return a lot next year?

Doesn't look like it.

d0tc0m
11-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Holy cow, this game!! I would love to be there for this one! Both fan bases better pack the stands for this one, because December football is very special. I really like Sweetwater's program, but I just can't go against Graham in this one.

d0tc0m
11-25-2017, 02:33 PM

I couldn’t make it to Breckenridge. So, I made my way to Mustang Bowl for Graham vs. Monahans.

Let me tell you what, Graham is stacked. They reminded me of some Argyle teams I’ve seen in the past.
They are big where they need to be big, fast where they need to fast and execute very well at all positions.
But, they can be beat it’s just going to take a flawless game to do it. Hopefully Sweetwater can play that
type of game next Friday. If not then Gilmer or Pleasant Grove will need to or the Steers will be the next

Go Mustangs

Gilmer and PG may not get a say in the matter. We'll see.

GetRDoneStangs
11-25-2017, 02:57 PM
Holy cow, this game!! I would love to be there for this one! Both fan bases better pack the stands for this one, because December football is very special. I really like Sweetwater's program, but I just can't go against Graham in this one.

Sweetwater had huge crowd vs. Vernon, I have covered the sidelines for several years and that was one of loudest crowds in a long time (except maybe in SCG last year). You are right...it will be packed and loud on both sides!

briandumith*
11-25-2017, 06:47 PM
I usually like to.talk smack about the opposing team but I can't and I won't because I respect Sweetwater. Of course I will back my team and I believe they will win and I believe they will win by a fairly large margin. But I'm not going to smack talk Sweetwater they're good program and I have always enjoyed that team. Hopefully the game will be a sell-out and the state will get its money's worth from all of our boys.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

GetRDoneStangs
11-25-2017, 10:29 PM
I usually like to.talk smack about the opposing team but I can't and I won't because I respect Sweetwater. Of course I will back my team and I believe they will win and I believe they will win by a fairly large margin. But I'm not going to smack talk Sweetwater they're good program and I have always enjoyed that team. Hopefully the game will be a sell-out and the state will get its money's worth from all of our boys.

I agree with you 100%!

Let's try and meet up at half time. This will be new territory at ACU, so not sure of how tight the rules are. I don't have a half time guest planned right now so maybe we can do. I will give Sweetwater Red a shout as well.

bobcat1
11-25-2017, 11:14 PM

Go Mustangs
So Celina is out already next week?

pirate4state
11-26-2017, 11:31 AM
So Celina is out already next week?

:evil: :spitlol:

Good luck Sweetwater!

briandumith*
11-26-2017, 01:53 PM
I agree with you 100%!

Let's try and meet up at half time. This will be new territory at ACU, so not sure of how tight the rules are. I don't have a half time guest planned right now so maybe we can do. I will give Sweetwater Red a shout as well.Great sounds good

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2017, 09:59 PM

Are you the same guy that’s on FNR app telling Sweetwater Graham will beat them worse then they have been beat in years?

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Are you the same guy that’s on FNR app telling Sweetwater Graham will beat them worse then they have been beat in years?

Not that I don’t agree with you. Just feel like that would fall under some smack talking!!

briandumith*
11-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Are you the same guy that’s on FNR app telling Sweetwater Graham will beat them worse then they have been beat in years?All I got to say is dr. Jekyll and mr. Hyde my friend.. we all have that dark side...... I'm not proud of him but he sure the heck is funny

95mustang
11-26-2017, 10:20 PM
I agree with you 100%!

Let's try and meet up at half time. This will be new territory at ACU, so not sure of how tight the rules are. I don't have a half time guest planned right now so maybe we can do. I will give Sweetwater Red a shout as well.

They were pretty relaxed when Brownwood played there. Lots of room on either end of the stadium for meet and greet with easy access. Great stadium, but visitors side a little on the small side.

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2017, 10:24 PM
All I got to say is dr. Jekyll and mr. Hyde my friend.. we all have that dark side...... I'm not proud of him

Well I posted Graham by 30+ myself and I am sticking to it. I made the trip to Sweetwater Friday and that was a impressive win over a team that dismantled the mustangs, I just don’t see how Sweetwater can stay on the field with Graham.

briandumith*
11-26-2017, 10:34 PM
Well I posted Graham by 30+ myself and I am sticking to it. I made the trip to Sweetwater Friday and that was a impressive win over a team that dismantled the mustangs, I just don’t see how Sweetwater can stay on the field with Graham.Yes I agree 100% If I was to be honest to everyone. I do not believe Graham will not face a test until the semis..... but I really think we are better then anyone in region 2 as well.. Not trying to boast I am putting all my football knowledge on this and trying REAL hard to set aside biased on this.. I see ONE TEAM that will be a good test and it's not WOS......

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2017, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=briandumith*;1935007]Yes I agree 100% If I was to be honest to everyone. I do not believe Graham will not face a test until the semis..... but I really think we are better then anyone in region 2 as well.. Not trying to boast I am putting all my football knowledge on this and trying REAL hard to set aside biased on this.. I see ONE TEAM that will be a good test and it's not WOS......

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

It’s hard to understand if Sweetwater is as good as they think how did Vernon take them to the wire? Graham almost hung 70 on Vernon and Graham coaches do not run the score up.

briandumith*
11-26-2017, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=briandumith*;1935007]Yes I agree 100% If I was to be honest to everyone. I do not believe Graham will not face a test until the semis..... but I really think we are better then anyone in region 2 as well.. Not trying to boast I am putting all my football knowledge on this and trying REAL hard to set aside biased on this.. I see ONE TEAM that will be a good test and it's not WOS......

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

It’s hard to understand if Sweetwater is as good as they think how did Vernon take them to the wire? Graham almost hung 70 on Vernon and Graham coaches do not run the score up.I really think Vernon was a playing inspired football.. they played a wonderful game the week before and beat Glen Rose.. and was playing well above themselves.. I really think that.. I give him kudos for that

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2017, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=#1 TEXAN;1935009]I really think Vernon was a playing inspired football.. they played a wonderful game the week before and beat Glen Rose.. and was playing well above themselves.. I really think that.. I give him kudos for that

Yes couple good wins for Vernon. Another thing I have been looking at is what IP was able to do to Seminole which is another team that beat Sweetwater.

briandumith*
11-26-2017, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=briandumith*;1935010]

Yes couple good wins for Vernon. Another thing I have been looking at is what IP was able to do to Seminole which is another team that beat Sweetwater.Yes Seminole was up huge on Iowa Park Iowa Park. Iowa Park completely shut them down the second half and the only thing that kept them from tying the game was the fact that they missed a 2-point conversion and that's the only reason why Seminole won. that game that was a crazy game. first half was all Seminole. second half was all Iowa Park.

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2017, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=#1 TEXAN;1935011]Yes Seminole was up huge on Iowa Park Iowa Park. Iowa Park completely shut them down the second half and the only thing that kept them from tying the game was the fact that they missed a 2-point conversion and that's the only reason why Seminole won. that game that was a crazy game. first half was all Seminole. second half was all Iowa Park.

Just another angle to look at how I don’t see Sweetwater even keeping it close with Graham.

briandumith*
11-26-2017, 11:05 PM
Ah a student of the game... I like that

WOS87
11-26-2017, 11:14 PM
I’ll lmao if it turns out to be Sweetwater vs WO-S 2.0 in 4 weeks lol

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2017, 11:22 PM

I will be the first to admit I was wrong and congratulate the mustangs if that happens. Based off of what I have seen watching both teams play and common oppents if Graham shows up as normal this is no contest.

#1 TEXAN
11-26-2017, 11:28 PM

I can say if I was from WOS I would be pulling for Sweetwater.

Stownhorse
11-27-2017, 12:57 AM
I will be the first to admit I was wrong and congratulate the mustangs if that happens. Based off of what I have seen watching both teams play and common oppents if Graham shows up as normal this is no contest.

Who did you watch Sweetwater play? In real life or just tape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetRDoneStangs
11-27-2017, 06:38 AM
They were pretty relaxed when Brownwood played there. Lots of room on either end of the stadium for meet and greet with easy access. Great stadium, but visitors side a little on the small side.

Thanks for the info!

Wayne
11-27-2017, 07:57 AM
I've seen the Steers play 3 times this season. In my opinion, this is the best Graham team I've seen. They spread the ball around to everyone. The Defensive Line is no doubt one of the best in state. They are very deep in talent for sure. I don't see this game being close after the first quarter. Good luck and safe travels to everyone.

#1 TEXAN
11-27-2017, 08:57 AM
Who did you watch Sweetwater play? In real life or just tape?

I watched them play Greenwood.

GetRDoneStangs
11-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Sweetwater is visiting team, will be dressed in white-on-white-on-white (jersey, pants, shoes) with red helmets.

Some "old school" Mustangs don't like the road white jerseys...but they look sharp on white pants (instead of red). The team chose the color combo as they are the 1st. time visitors this playoff season.

Go Red...I mean...Go Mustangs!

briandumith*
11-29-2017, 03:41 PM
Sweetwater is visiting team, will be dressed in white-on-white-on-white (jersey, pants, shoes) with red helmets.

Some "old school" Mustangs don't like the road white jerseys...but they look sharp on white pants (instead of red). The team chose the color combo as they are the 1st. time visitors this playoff season.

Go Red...I mean...Go Mustangs!I'm not sure if Graham is going to wear red or blue usually in the playoffs we just wear blue but if I was a coach I would wear red maybe to try to confuse Sweetwater with the coloration situation LOL

bobcat1
11-29-2017, 05:52 PM
Graham Big. Hi Red :taunt:

Razorback88
12-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Graham 56
Sweetwater 26

SouthTexas Lobo
12-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Graham 56
Sweetwater 26

Razorback, I'm assuming that's a prediction. You seem to have a handle on the West Texas schools

#1 TEXAN
12-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Sweetwater better do something or it will be out of hand.

SouthTexas Lobo
12-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Wow, I thought the game started at 7:00 PM. What is the actual score?

Razorback88
12-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Razorback, I'm assuming that's a prediction. You seem to have a handle on the West Texas schools

Yes that was a prediction

SouthTexas Lobo
12-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Thank you sir

Razorback88
12-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Sweetwater getting their doors blown off do far

#1 TEXAN
12-01-2017, 08:49 PM
It’s over

Razorback88
12-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Sweetwater will have a huge drop off next year too-JV was awful and they lose their skill people

Stownhorse
12-01-2017, 09:19 PM
You see the reason Seminole and Monahans(and almost Vernon) beat us? No run defense. Pass isn’t really hurting us.

Graham is very disciplined but I wouldn’t say they are “on a different level”.

#1 TEXAN
12-01-2017, 09:22 PM
There not on the same level by looking at score board so far!

SouthTexas Lobo
12-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Not a big Graham fan, but they are on a different level this year. Very well coached, with talent all over the field. Like I said, not a big fan, but kudos when deserved

Stownhorse
12-01-2017, 11:56 PM
There not on the same level by looking at score board so far!

I didn’t say they were on the same level just not all world like I have been reading

Stownhorse
12-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Graham has a good group of kids. I was impressed with the o-line and d-lines. Best of luck.

Sweetwater has a really good season considering the coaching change!

Deuce
12-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Graham has a good group of kids. I was impressed with the o-line and d-lines. Best of luck.

Sweetwater has a really good season considering the coaching change!

Sweetwater O and Lines were pretty stout as well! Probably the best we have went up against all year.