PDA

View Full Version : Here it is....Down Low All-State!

Matthew328
12-18-2002, 11:19 PM
1st Team
OFFENSE
OL Jorrie Adams, SR Jasper
OL Eddie Parker, SR Burnet
OL Monte Mayo, SR Everman
OL Chris McManamy, SR Canyon
OL Cody Wallace SR Cuero
TE Tyler Holcomb, SR China Spring
WR Joseph Krebbs, SR Bridgeport
WR Jordan Shipley, JR Burnet
QB Philip Daugherty, SR Bridgeport
RB Vincent Tucker, SR FW Diamond Hill
RB JaMario Thomas, JR Longview Spring Hill
RB JJ Jennings, SR Everman

DEFENSE
DL Joseph Bryant, SR Jasper
DL Nick Clark, SR Everman
DL Robert Rogers, SR Groesbeck
DL Tyler Ogden, SR Midland Greenwood
LB Chris Lightsey, SR Fairfield
LB Jordan Case, SR Forney
LB Cedric Johnson, SR Yoakum
DB Chance Schmidt, SR Sinton
DB Gilbert Almanza, SR LaFeria
DB Johnathan Harrell, SR Everman
DB Dezmond Sherrar, SR Gainesville

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker Jon Lopez, SR Gainesville
Punter Orlando Ochoa, SO Pt Isabel
KR Jordan Shipley, JR Burnet

2nd Team
OFFENSE
OL John Douty, SR Kennedale
OL Will Oliver, SR Lindale
OL Chance Kolacek, SR Hillsboro
OL Sid Guiterrez, SR Snyder
OL Luke Frazier, SR Midland Greenwood
TE Landon Johnson, SR Kennedale
WR Walter Hudson, SR Wilmer-Hutchins
WR Quinton Cunnigan, SR Wills Point
QB Adrian Alaniz, SR Sinton
RB Dustin Heep, SR Bandera
RB Jason McQueen, SR Jasper
RB Tommy Blake, SR Aransass Pass

DEFENSE
DL Mark Manning, SR Burnet
DL Courtney Gordon, SR Gladewater
DL Curt Jones, SR Sinton
DL Stephen Hutchison, SR Elgin
LB Trent Allen, SR Longview Spring Hill
LB Cody Hollums, SR Midland Greenwood
LB Jacob Martin, JR Celina
DB Caleb Hurd, SR Bridgeport
DB Evan Parker, SR Canyon
DB Kevin Fennell, SR Hillsboro
DB D'Nerian Wrighter, SR Marlin

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker: Victor Lara, SR Hidalgo
Punter: Randy Boone, SR Yoakum
KR: Chris Smith, SR Groesbeck

3rd Team
OFFENSE
OL Daley McKee, SR Celina
OL Kevin Shimek, JR Rice Consolidated
OL Colton Sells, SR Bandera
OL Josh Knox, SR Snyder
OL Eddie Rollman, JR Burnet
TE Dallas Washington, SR Atlanta
WR Preston Taylor, SR Gatesville
WR Ross Roby, SR Celina
QB Chandler Dane, SO Decatur
RB Theo Miller, SR Everman
RB Patrick Miller, SR Burnet
RB Matt Peebles, SR Bridge City

DEFENSE
DL Bryan Thibedeoux, SR Columbus
DL Brian Jones, JR Everman
DL Michael Borders, SR Tatum
DL Ronnie Robledo, SR Monahans
LB Kenny Salone, SR Sinton
LB Trey Bennett, JR Newton
LB Terry Shoemake, SR Gainesville
DB Carvel Williams, SR Everman
DB Caleb Campbell, SR Perryton
DB Tyler Ogle, SR Aransass Pass
DB Brian Evans, SR Fairfield

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kicker Robert Lee, SR Longview Spring Hill
Punter Ricky Joe Meeks, SR Mt Vernon
KR Johnathan Harrell, SR Everman

<small>[ December 19, 2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

kaorder1999
12-19-2002, 12:04 AM
Looks good....

Keith7
12-19-2002, 12:18 AM
Great job.. looks good!

Rabbit'93
12-19-2002, 12:24 AM
Seems a little biased towards a certain state championship team if you ask me.... wink J/K. Where's Jake McDougle from Wills Point?

District303aPastPlayer
12-19-2002, 12:35 AM
Kenny Salone got respect... something he didnt get in South Texas... very respectable 3 teams.

BarneyBulldawg4President
12-19-2002, 12:46 AM
ok, I'll make the first correction. Stephen McGee???? Hellloooooo???? And while I'm on it, Patrick Miller is a little low on the totem pole there...what can I say, loyal to the GREEN MACHINE.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-19-2002, 01:01 AM
Couple of things wrong here...

1. 1st team punter from Port Isabel, Orlando Ochoa, is a Soph, not a Sr.
2. You completely left out the downlow's very own KoolTarpon 21, Misael "Missle" Iracheta.

Jimbotex40
12-19-2002, 01:05 AM
i was about to complain when i saw that only one forney person made the list (jordan case).

then, i realized, what are you thinking jimmy (my name), HS fball is not about individuals, it is about how well individuals can come to play with eachother and how they can grow as people. there are towns that didnt even make the playoffs that would just love to have someone from there town be recognized. so rather than me pouting, i will instead thank yall for picking a forney jackrabbit.

sorry just had to confess this

Matthew328
12-19-2002, 01:05 AM
I thought QB and RB were the 2 toughest positions to do...I know I left of some really good QB's....the others that were considered I guess you could call it honorable mention were Hicks from Bandera, McGee from Burnet, Mitchell from Jasper, MacDougle from Wills Point Benton from Everman and Carillo from Sweetwater...running back was even tougher..guys like Gobert from Bellville, Smith from Marlin, Posey from Ballinger, Harper and Ross from Kennedale, Hines from Commerce, Sauceda from Orangefield, Massey from Hillsboro the list could go on and on..so many good backs...and hey I won't lie there is a little homerism with the 2 Everman backs..but they deserve it..2 straight state tittle and 1000 yard seasons with not near as many carries as the other backs...anyone who saw Everman knows that both are amoung the top backs in the state! LOL I had to get that out before any accusatios of homerism come out! :) The punter from PI another site had him listed as a senior...I'll fix it

<small>[ December 19, 2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

Pudlugger
12-19-2002, 08:53 AM
No love for La Grange, Matt? I think at least one of these players should have made the cut:
Sam Gunn, junior, DB
Byron Hayes, senior, DT
Josh Tieman, senior, DE
Lance Schramm, junior, TE
Chase Anderle, junior Qb/Db MVP D24
Oh well, three of these guys will be back next season and maybe then they will get noticed by ya'll. :confused:

jason
12-19-2002, 10:02 AM
Forney made the state semi-finals, yet only one player made your list.....i dont know about that one

repeat2002
12-19-2002, 10:47 AM
Just one question - was there any specific criteria or what type of research was used to choose the teams? (ie How do you pick linemen or DB's etc...)

big daddy russ
12-19-2002, 10:56 AM
What, nobody from Ingleside's on there? What about Godley??? C'mon Matt, where's the love? wink

kaorder1999
12-19-2002, 12:30 PM
Look at this way..it makes forney's "team" look even better just having one standout player. Means the team was much more balanced!!!

Matthew328
12-19-2002, 01:32 PM
We looked at stats on the year...linemen was a bit more difficult to do especialy on offense...we looked around at other newspapers for their all area teams etc...we looked at the AP team as well..especially if there was a debate on a particular player etc. with so many good players in the state of course a ton of good players are gonna get left off though

bearcat1
12-19-2002, 02:03 PM
jason:
Forney made the state semi-finals, yet only one player made your list.....i dont know about that onethat is really not so unheard of. In 1998, we (Aledo) won the state championship, and we didn't have any all-state selections.

UHAUL
12-19-2002, 02:14 PM
SWEETWATER MADE IT TO THE QUARTERFINALS AND DOES NOT GET ANYONE EITHER. THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD 3A ATHLETES. :)

BIG_UNIT
12-19-2002, 02:43 PM
TREY BENNETT LB FROM NEWTON IS ONLY A JR.

repeat2002
12-19-2002, 03:28 PM
Just a suggestion, and I do realize the amount of time this might require, but what about getting a hold of the all-district selections from each district and getting info from those to help in those selections. Also, just like a lot of other awards, I think these need to be based on achievements of this year. I'm not saying they aren't, but I do think that there are instances where some kids are chosen based on either last year's successes or the teams past successes. I also think that success in the play-offs should be a major contributor - there must be a reason for that success. I think that your team and the job you did was very good. We all have our questions and wants. Mine would be things like someone from Sweetwater - Carrillo possibly. He was not only a good QB, but a heck of a defensive back. Squires also was a heck of a FB (Was there a FB among the running backs?) Also, a Decatur team had two good linemen - Williams (370 lb bench and a 620 lb squat) and Greever (all-district both ways) and a heck of a FS - Flippin (co-def player of the year) and they beat a team who landed three ( two very deserving) selections on your first two teams. To choose 14, 28 or 42 players as all-staters is a daunting task and one that will not make everyone happy. You have done an admiral job and for sure a better one than the AP did. Merry Christmas and congratulations to all.

slpybear the bullfan
12-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Wow, Kudos to those Bulls on the team, and all those picked.

You know what I would LOVE to see... How 'bout that first team Offense plays four or five series against that first team defense... Anyone make a guess as to how that turns out? :) :) :)

Again, congrats to Phillip Daugherty, Joeseph Krebs, Caleb Hurd from Bridgeport...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-20-2002, 11:06 PM
Hey Mattew, no one from Bellville?
Bellville has more returning letterman than last year, coming back, that number was 28, next year there are over 30, plus 7 offenive, and 7 defensive players, which only go one way, and very good sub-varsity players to pick from, look for Bellville to be stronger next year! Our coaching will also need to step it up to be better next year!!!!
Maybe next season there will be a Brahma on your list!

JASPER- GYM
12-20-2002, 11:58 PM
Trey Bennet from Newton is a good LB but, not as good as either starting LB for Jasper. Will and Carl will both be playing on Saturdays in D1 next year. I Know its tough to decide on all state with so many players, just wanted to throw some accolades to these young men.

crzyjournalist03
12-21-2002, 08:18 PM
It doesn't surprise me to see only Case representing Forney. Who else would you expect to see? Caleb Hanie, although he was extremely impressive, just didn't put up big numbers because Forney is a running offense. Baylen Laury had an excellent season, but I think he would be more deserving as the two-way player of the year, because although he did do excellent at running back, he wasn't the state's best by any means, but he was also very good as a defensive back and made some key interceptions this season. Neither the offensive or defensive lines had real "standouts"; they operated as a unit for the whole season. No WR's because once again, Forney just didn't throw enough to have a deserving player. I say maybe we give Coy Davis the "Catch of the year Award" for his game-winning TD against Carthage, but that's not good enough to put him on the All-State list. Forney is full of great players, but not superstars. But I'd take our whole bunch of great players over two or three superstars any day.