PDA

View Full Version : Man... This is weird.

slingshot
11-21-2017, 11:11 AM
I've been in Wylie for 15 years and this is the 1st time we have not won at least one playoff game since I've been here. Just too thin on the lines of scrimmage, too many injuries and very uncharacteristically too many penalties this late in the season (15 of them against Decatur killed us). Paper said the last Bi-District loss was in 2001. Guess it means I can actually go watch some other good playoff games... maybe Lubbock Estacado vs WF Hirshi at ACU Friday night?

waterboy
11-21-2017, 11:18 AM
It's such a long drive over to ACU... :D Yep, it stinks to not still be playing, but it happens occasionally to all teams. That's a heck of a run for Wylie, though. They'll start a new streak next year, no doubt.

jason
11-21-2017, 11:20 AM
It's such a long drive over to ACU... :D Yep, it stinks to not still be playing, but it happens occasionally to all teams. That's a heck of a run for Wylie, though. They'll start a new streak next year, no doubt.
gonna be 5a - may be tougher than year's past

waterboy
11-21-2017, 12:25 PM

Is that a sure thing? I can't remember their numbers and what the projected cutoff is. I still think they'll be competitive.

jason
11-21-2017, 12:47 PM
Is that a sure thing? I can't remember their numbers and what the projected cutoff is. I still think they'll be competitive.
1164 - it will be close

cutoff was 1100 last time

waterboy
11-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Cutoff is 1165, count on it. :D

ccmom
11-21-2017, 01:35 PM
You are right...it is SO weird. I'll admit to being a spoiled fan. We are so accustomed to making all our plans this time of year tentative...based on when/where the next game will be. It seems odd this year for sure. Oh well....life goes on and still proud of the boys.

ccmom
11-21-2017, 01:35 PM
Cutoff is 1165, count on it. :D

Gosh....do you write your own material? :rolleyes:

waterboy
11-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Gosh....do you write your own material? :rolleyes:

Yep. Do I need to send you a bottle of Strawberry Hill to settle down your sarcasm? :D

slingshot
11-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Yep. Do I need to send you a bottle of Strawberry Hill to settle down your sarcasm? :D
Oh, believe me--Strawberry Hill won't do. Will have to step up to something higher class like MD 20/20 :spitlol:

waterboy
11-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Oh, believe me--Strawberry Hill won't do. Will have to step up to something higher class like MD 20/20 :spitlol:

:spitlol::thumbsup:

Maybe something a little stronger perhaps? Like Black Velvet? :thinking: Kentucky Deluxe? :D

Sweetwater Red
11-21-2017, 03:36 PM
More than ten years after he graduated from beating up on Sweetwater Case Keenum still has the opportunity
to wreak havoc on a team I root for this Thanksgiving. Now that's weird.

slingshot
11-21-2017, 04:44 PM
More than ten years after he graduated from beating up on Sweetwater Case Keenum still has the opportunity
to wreak havoc on a team I root for this Thanksgiving. Now that's weird.
Go Case! Absolutely derided and laughed at by every 'in the know' sports commentator the last few years, "too small, arm's too weak, too slow" to ever be an NFL QB and yet here he is--starting and winning with Minnesota. Very nice guy too...

oldtownag
11-21-2017, 07:17 PM

Doesn't seem to bother the Dawgs being small compared to the competition.

ccmom
11-22-2017, 07:21 PM
:spitlol::thumbsup:

Maybe something a little stronger perhaps? Like Black Velvet? :thinking: Kentucky Deluxe? :D

Eek...that's a start!!

Yoe_09
11-22-2017, 08:56 PM
I've been in Wylie for 15 years and this is the 1st time we have not won at least one playoff game since I've been here. Just too thin on the lines of scrimmage, too many injuries and very uncharacteristically too many penalties this late in the season (15 of them against Decatur killed us). Paper said the last Bi-District loss was in 2001. Guess it means I can actually go watch some other good playoff games... maybe Lubbock Estacado vs WF Hirshi at ACU Friday night?

Don't feel too bad. You could have been the preseason number one team in your classification, have plenty of talent, not have to deal with many injuries, go 4-7, and also lose in the first round while getting totally dominated.

slingshot
11-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Don't feel too bad. You could have been the preseason number one team in your classification, have plenty of talent, not have to deal with many injuries, go 4-7, and also lose in the first round while getting totally dominated.True...