11-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Friday (11-24) 2 PM - Waco ISD Stadium

Gonna be a real goodun!

Scoop27
11-17-2017, 07:53 PM
www.kulpradio.com

cowboyandchrist
11-17-2017, 08:21 PM
This game will be over quick, both run the ball 95 percent of the time.
Kilgore has a magician for QB and they have four running backs that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field.
They have a good run stop defense, but can be thrown on. If the Rice Birds can throw they can win this game, if they cannot they will have to score on every possession to stay will Kilgore.
Center is the fourth place team from our district and were down to Kilgore 28 to 0 in the first half. Center and their DI receiver score 48 points in the second half to win by 7.
Like I said to beat Kilgore you better be able to throw the ball.
I like the Rice Birds and think they have a great program and is the only team to beat us in the playoffs twice.
I believe the Kilgore Dogs will be to much this year for the Rice Birds.
Close game within 4 to 10 points.

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Found this on my FB newsfeed. so, I figured I'd share here.

http://www.texasfootball.com/areapreview/

El Campo (8-2) vs. Kilgore (8-3) Friday 2:00pm Waco’s Waco ISD Stadium:
There are a lot of similarities between these two teams who wear red, rely on fast and aggressive defenses and physical rushing attacks. El Campo had its way with overmatched Houston Kashmere last week in a 53-6 rout; the Ricebirds got 213 yards rushing and three touchdowns from Nery Enriquez and they forced four turnovers in the win. Kilgore was also dominant last week as it handled Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 49-0. RB Briant Mumphrey led the charge with 170 yards on the ground and two touchdowns as the Bulldogs led 28-0 at halftime and cruised in the second half. I think Kilgore has more talent across the board on both sides of the ball and in a game where each team plays into the strength of the other, I think the Bulldogs just have a few more playmakers.
Stepp’s Pick: Kilgore by 6
Max’s Pick: Kilgore
Ishmael’s Pick: El Campo
Brady’s Pick: Kilgore

waterboy
11-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Found this on my FB newsfeed. so, I figured I'd share here.

http://www.texasfootball.com/areapreview/

El Campo (8-2) vs. Kilgore (8-3) Friday 2:00pm Waco’s Waco ISD Stadium:
There are a lot of similarities between these two teams who wear red, rely on fast and aggressive defenses and physical rushing attacks. El Campo had its way with overmatched Houston Kashmere last week in a 53-6 rout; the Ricebirds got 213 yards rushing and three touchdowns from Nery Enriquez and they forced four turnovers in the win. Kilgore was also dominant last week as it handled Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 49-0. RB Briant Mumphrey led the charge with 170 yards on the ground and two touchdowns as the Bulldogs led 28-0 at halftime and cruised in the second half. I think Kilgore has more talent across the board on both sides of the ball and in a game where each team plays into the strength of the other, I think the Bulldogs just have a few more playmakers.
Stepp’s Pick: Kilgore by 6
Max’s Pick: Kilgore
Ishmael’s Pick: El Campo
Brady’s Pick: Kilgore

I think Kilgore "should" win this one by about 6 to 10 points IF they don't turn the ball over like they have at times this season. A clean game will be the difference between winning and losing.

Weebe
11-22-2017, 10:41 PM
If games were decided purely in talent, El Campo wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Aggie98
11-22-2017, 10:51 PM
If games were decided purely in talent, El Campo wouldn't have made the playoffs.

We'd still be the 2-seed in our district.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weebe
11-22-2017, 11:03 PM
We'd still be the 2-seed in our district.

True. But Carthage fans love to remind everyone of their small enrollment.

Aggie98
11-23-2017, 12:05 AM
True. But Carthage fans love to remind everyone of their small enrollment.

I've seen their enrollment, and I've seen their roster.... and the only conclusion I can come to is that there are no females attending Carthage High.

Bosqueville
11-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Kilgore fans must have stayed at home to shop. Maybe 200 here.