PDA

View Full Version : Tolar Vs. Alpine

db8coach
11-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Talk about a game between two teams that can't be further away while being in the same region. With a whopping 407 miles between the two towns...the game will be played in Big Spring which is still over 200 miles away from each school.

Anyone have a game that is further for a first round playoff game?

regaleagle
11-15-2017, 10:53 AM
YEP......in Class 4A, but not for both schools. Argyle will be traveling to Snyder via the lost coin flip. It says 250 miles and about 3 hrs. 45 mins. under "normal" driving conditions. This does not include heavy traffic times, road construction like they have on I-20 going West now, or in a chartered bus or school bus. There is no way the venue should have ever been decided with a coin flip considering the distance between each school.

db8coach
11-15-2017, 11:06 AM
YEP......in Class 4A, but not for both schools. Argyle will be traveling to Snyder via the lost coin flip. It says 250 miles and about 3 hrs. 45 mins. under "normal" driving conditions. This does not include heavy traffic times, road construction like they have on I-20 going West now, or in a chartered bus or school bus. There is no way the venue should have ever been decided with a coin flip considering the distance between each school.

I can see where Snyder's coach was coming from. A flip for home and home does one of two things....1. It keeps your cost down because you don't have to travel to get beat so bad if you win the flip...OR 2. IF you lose the flip, not a lot of Snyder fans will travel that far for what is more than likely a beating.

The game between Alpine and Tolar would have been 400 miles if they flipped. As it is, BOTH TEAMS have to travel I-20 through construction and oil field traffic. I mean, have you been through Odessa and Midland lately?