PDA

View Full Version : Pearsall 10-0

Tejastrue
11-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Very nice season thus far. Someone out there who can give some insight? Third?

ogg
11-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Hondo has some ballers, if they can control their turnovers they'll beat Pearsall. In fact, I see every/all district 13 teams winning this weekend.

Tejastrue
11-13-2017, 09:54 PM
I was leaning that same way but just for the very fact they are undefeated, I thought just maybe....

ogg
11-13-2017, 10:23 PM
It's always difficult to weigh and compare teams coming out of district 14 due to their soft history. For Pearsall to beat Hondo they better "bring it". (side note) We remember the hype Devine had in 2011 when Wimbo played them...it appeared that half of South Texas was there to witness the Texan fall.

Tejastrue
11-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Now, you had to go and stir up things..lol Notice SintonFan_inAustin's comments..:wave:

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?116288-Region-IV-Championship-Game-Devine-13-0-v-Wimberley-12-0

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Now, you had to go and stir up things..lol Notice SintonFan_inAustin's comments..:wave:

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?116288-Region-IV-Championship-Game-Devine-13-0-v-Wimberley-12-0LOL. you do know i said who was the best team that season before that game it was the comments of disrespecting another team. And hey Tejas :)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2017, 11:31 PM
Pearsall does have a ex Sinton Pirate in coaching staff, his dad comes to some of Sinton baseball games and i always get on him, joking for wearing Pearsall colors to a Sinton game.

rb585
11-14-2017, 12:12 PM

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?116288-Region-IV-Championship-Game-Devine-13-0-v-Wimberley-12-0

I got angrier on that thread than I've ever been on TxDL. :mad::mad::mad:

hollywood
11-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Shut up Wimpy!

ogg
11-15-2017, 10:12 AM
I got angrier on that thread than I've ever been on TxDL. :mad::mad::mad:

There was many more posters/users back then, some were very opinionated and argumentative.....not me of course hahaha. Interesting the technical breakdown discussed about the two teams.

Third
11-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Very nice season thus far. Someone out there who can give some insight? Third?

Finally got over the hump and beat Crystal City and Devine. Pearsall has a good little team. I'm not going to say they are world beaters but they have some talent. Just not the type of talent (size) you see in Wimberley, Cuero, Sweeny, Navarro, etc. We just simply do not produce those types of athletes. This is a senior-heavy squad, 24 seniors, I believe. This team can beat Hondo, beyond that....well. We have a defense that can keep us in games. I can't say the same about the offense. Not the type of offense we run, just the execution hasn't been there consistently. It has been stopped at times. We beat a very improved Burbank team, a district champion in 5A SA Memorial and 8 total playoff teams for whatever that's worth in this day and age of Texas High School football. We don't have stars but a lot of good players and a swarming, at times smothering defense. The unit has allowed a single score or less in 6 of our 10 games this year. Devine had nine points but six were on a pick six. Crystal City had 18 but one TD the ball bounced off two of our defenders and into the receivers hands for a long TD and another our defender timed his jump early and the receiver caught it for a TD. Not fluke plays but plays we SHOULD have made and could have held them to six points total.

The SA Memorial win is our biggest of the year. We controlled them and their offense. They're averaging 30 points a game and only scored 14 on Pearsall. Same with Crystal City, 30 pts a game and 18 on us. That's the Mavericks in a nutshell this year. We are happy to not have Wimberley in the first round. Seeing Sweeny possibly in the second round? Not a good thought either but, oh well, the region is stacked this year.

rb585
11-15-2017, 02:47 PM
There was many more posters/users back then, some were very opinionated and argumentative.....not me of course hahaha. Interesting the technical breakdown discussed about the two teams.

I got furious at the poster who said that Devine would win simply because their kids wanted to win more.

(And then we later found out that our QB had played that game and two more with broken ribs.)

Tejastrue
11-15-2017, 11:35 PM
Finally got over the hump and beat Crystal City and Devine. Pearsall has a good little team. I'm not going to say they are world beaters but they have some talent. Just not the type of talent (size) you see in Wimberley, Cuero, Sweeny, Navarro, etc. We just simply do not produce those types of athletes. This is a senior-heavy squad, 24 seniors, I believe. This team can beat Hondo, beyond that....well. We have a defense that can keep us in games. I can't say the same about the offense. Not the type of offense we run, just the execution hasn't been there consistently. It has been stopped at times. We beat a very improved Burbank team, a district champion in 5A SA Memorial and 8 total playoff teams for whatever that's worth in this day and age of Texas High School football. We don't have stars but a lot of good players and a swarming, at times smothering defense. The unit has allowed a single score or less in 6 of our 10 games this year. Devine had nine points but six were on a pick six. Crystal City had 18 but one TD the ball bounced off two of our defenders and into the receivers hands for a long TD and another our defender timed his jump early and the receiver caught it for a TD. Not fluke plays but plays we SHOULD have made and could have held them to six points total.

The SA Memorial win is our biggest of the year. We controlled them and their offense. They're averaging 30 points a game and only scored 14 on Pearsall. Same with Crystal City, 30 pts a game and 18 on us. That's the Mavericks in a nutshell this year. We are happy to not have Wimberley in the first round. Seeing Sweeny possibly in the second round? Not a good thought either but, oh well, the region is stacked this year.

Thanks for the reply Third. Well done. Best of luck to Pearsall.

Third
11-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the reply Third. Well done. Best of luck to Pearsall.

Best of Luck to the Texans, you guys seem to be loaded and primed for another deep run. As always. Lol. (Jealousy) Playoff bracket looks fun, you got Wimberley-Sweeny on one side and Cuero-Navarro on the other. I can't really see it going any other way. Here's to hoping the Mavs can throw a wrench in those plans somehow.

Old Green
11-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Thanks for your opinion and write up about the Mavericks Third. Good to see them in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third
11-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Thanks for your opinion and write up about the Mavericks Third. Good to see them in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's their fifth straight year in the postseason. All five under David Silva. He's done it the right way in Pearsall. He's also been given the chance to build a winner. Just got to find a way to carry it over into postseason success now. Kinda tough in this region with you guys, Wimberley, Navarro, Sinton, etc.