PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill (6-2/3-1) @ Gatesville (7-2/2-2)

LHPfactory
11-07-2017, 09:19 AM
This one is for final seeding order - If all goes as projected with the LV and CS games.
No one has hit the 50s vs Gatesville all season and their only losses are vs District mates CS and LV.

I believe LH hits the 50s again this week with the Slot-T in Avalanche mode.

LHAG
11-07-2017, 10:57 AM
I too believe we will hit 50+ but hope our defense shows up to hold them below 60!
Last weeks game looked like a track meet with both teams seemingly unimpeded by something called defense as they ran up and down the field. I was impressed by the conditioning our guys showed. Hope all our injured heal completely this week.

panfan
11-07-2017, 12:09 PM
I too believe we will hit 50+ but hope our defense shows up to hold them below 60!
Last weeks game looked like a track meet with both teams seemingly unimpeded by something called defense as they ran up and down the field. I was impressed by the conditioning our guys showed. Hope all our injured heal completely this week.

Agree, Defense has to show up and tackle. I said it early on, our lack of ability to effectively tackle in open space is a problem, and it continues to be a problem. I have no doubt the offense will score many points. Going forward, the defense has to limit the damage of the opposing offense. If they can do that, I see a nice playoff run ahead. Panthers by 3 scores against gatesville.

solocam
11-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Another high scoring game,as stated above defense needs to show up Cats by a touchdown

Rocket Man
11-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Agree, Defense has to show up and tackle. I said it early on, our lack of ability to effectively tackle in open space is a problem, and it continues to be a problem. I have no doubt the offense will score many points. Going forward, the defense has to limit the damage of the opposing offense. If they can do that, I see a nice playoff run ahead. Panthers by 3 scores against gatesville.

Y’all wanna borrow our defense for this game ? :spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

panfan
11-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Y’all wanna borrow our defense for this game ? :spitlol::spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

That is a big negative Rocket Man. Ya'll gave up 60 something to Lampasas??:eek:

Rocket Man
11-08-2017, 10:11 AM
That is a big negative Rocket Man. Ya'll gave up 60 something to Lampasas??:eek:

It might make things a bit more interesting????

Y'all have fun in the playoffs this year; maybe y'all will have a game in Central Texas and I'll get to come watch!

LHAG
11-08-2017, 04:17 PM

I would be pleasantly surprised to win by 3 scores, but that would bode well for the playoffs. Agree on the tackling comment. Every time an opposing player has gotten past the linebackers they have picked up big yardage.

LHAG
11-11-2017, 01:41 AM
Another high scoring game,as stated above defense needs to show up Cats by a touchdown

Perfect prediction!! LH by 49-42.Still no one has hung 50 on Gatesville but darn close.

panfan
11-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Perfect prediction!! LH by 49-42.Still no one has hung 50 on Gatesville but darn close.

oh great and wise L- HAG! :thumbsup: I was way to generous in thinking we would just score, score, score. But in a way we did, but then again so did they.

greendawg84
11-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Sounds like it was a defensive struggle ......... or a struggle to find any defense ?!

stardog
11-13-2017, 09:44 AM

Points don't matter - What counts is W & L. The games that matter - LH 4-1, Gate 2-3 !!!

panfan
11-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Sounds like it was a defensive struggle ......... or a struggle to find any defense ?!

Wasn't there, but listened on the ol webcast, sounded like they had a big ol tall receiver who they could just throw it up to and he went and got it, most of their points scored that way. Other than that, we defended fairly well. Someone who was there, fill in here if I mistook what I heard on the broadcast.

LHAG
11-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Wasn't there, but listened on the ol webcast, sounded like they had a big ol tall receiver who they could just throw it up to and he went and got it, most of their points scored that way. Other than that, we defended fairly well. Someone who was there, fill in here if I mistook what I heard on the broadcast.

I don't recall an exceptionally tall receiver, but their QB had a strong accurate arm. Almost everty pass was right on. About three or four hit the receivers in the hands and they dropped them. A couple of those would have been big gainers.