PDA

View Full Version : China Spring (6-2) at Liberty Hill (5-2) for 2nd place

Bosqueville
10-30-2017, 10:11 AM
This is a big one. Both had big wins last week. China Spring looked better than they have all year in beating Gatesville 43-16. China Spring seems to be finally putting it all together. Wish this one was at home but I believe the way our defense is playing, we win by 7.

solocam
10-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Cougar defense is better than Panther Defense,They Force Liberty Hill to a few three and outs and win by 10

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2017, 05:19 PM
China has had Liberty Hill's number for years. Look for this to continue.

panfan
10-31-2017, 06:06 PM

Seem to recall in 2014 the only number CS had was 21, less than half of what LH put on them that year.:eek:

panfan
10-31-2017, 06:08 PM
We hung 18 on La vega and CS mustered 10, might be closer than you think.

panfan
10-31-2017, 06:10 PM
Got to give somebody some crap this year - Burnet was a no show. CS apparently has a bunch of big ol boys, like they always do. Our offense stays on the field long enough, those plow boys will be getting tired by the 4th. :2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2017, 06:45 PM
I think we are hitting our stride. Are we 100% where we need to be? No, but we are definitely getting there. I'll take LH in a war by 10.

LHPfactory
11-02-2017, 09:32 PM
I think we are hitting our stride. Are we 100% where we need to be? No, but we are definitely getting there. I'll take LH in a war by 10.

What she said.
LH is averaging about 560 yards of Offense per game including a season low of 380 vs La Vega.

Celina8
11-03-2017, 06:40 AM
Would like to drive up Hwy 29 to watch this game , but do not think I can leave work early enough plus traffic is such a pain down here in Central Texas. I think this is going to be a good game and hopefully someone provides scoring updates. I am also interested in seeing 5A Cedar Park and Hutto play tonight as both are undefeated.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Would like to drive up Hwy 29 to watch this game , but do not think I can leave work early enough plus traffic is such a pain down here in Central Texas. I think this is going to be a good game and hopefully someone provides scoring updates. I am also interested in seeing 5A Cedar Park and Hutto play tonight as both are undefeated.

Come on over! Traffic is sucky but unless you work South of Austin or get off after 6, there should be time.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2017, 10:22 PM

I meant LH in a war by 1 :eek:

Bosqueville
11-03-2017, 10:30 PM
I wasn’t there not sure why we were always going for 2?

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2017, 10:39 PM
I wasn’t there not sure why we were always going for 2?

Kicker missed one PAT.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2017, 10:56 PM

If you didn't make it, you may have missed one of the best games in the state, regardless of the outcome.

Rocket Man
11-03-2017, 11:17 PM

I looked for this but couldn’t find it; however, I was busy in Salado counting the yards the Salado kids were running up against the Rockets.

Celina8
11-04-2017, 07:01 AM
Wish I would have gone as it looks to have been something special, but could not get away from work until a little after 7 pm last night so I just headed home. Congrats on the win.

panfan
11-04-2017, 08:20 AM
We hung 18 on La vega and CS mustered 10, might be closer than you think.

Yep!!

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Dang... i thought basketball games hadn't started yet.

Missed free throws will kill ya.

panfan
11-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Dang... i thought basketball games hadn't started yet.

Missed free throws will kill ya.

That's what I thought while looking at scores last night. Wished I could of made this one, sounded like a he'll of a game.

regaleagle
11-04-2017, 10:24 AM
When CS goes up 58-52 late......I think you kick the extra point for a 7 pt. lead there to force LH to go for two for the win, or to kick the extra pt. for a tie to go into overtime if they score again. If you go for 2 and don't make it......then you are just giving LH an easier way to win the game if they score.

LHPfactory
11-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Folks, China Spring has one of the best defenses in the state allowing no more than 2 TDs in any game all season with La Vega being the exception, they got 3. LH came into this contest averaging 560 yards of Offense per game.
China Springs largest points allowed in the past 34 games was 26 by Carthage in the semi finals, oh and did I mention it took 3 overtimes to get that 26 points. Liberty Hill put up 59 points, yes 8 Touchdowns to include crossing the goal line with a couple of 2 point conversions as well. The LH offense is simply outstanding, its the product of Jeff Walker and his staff working with an excellent group of young men. I have always believed this group had a real shot, we are seeing it materialize and get closer each week. How hard these young men have been working was on display in the second half. Sheer Will to win and HEART HEART, and, HEART!!!

Celina8
11-04-2017, 01:05 PM
The Panthers looked to be peaking right in time for the playoffs. Look for them to go deep this year.

44INAROW
11-04-2017, 02:38 PM
The Panthers looked to be peaking right in time for the playoffs. Look for them to go deep this year.

I Hope the Panthers go deep in the playoffs. Wish I could have seen this game, sounds like a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Folks, China Spring has one of the best defenses in the state allowing no more than 2 TDs in any game all season with La Vega being the exception, they got 3. LH came into this contest averaging 560 yards of Offense per game.
China Springs largest points allowed in the past 34 games was 26 by Carthage in the semi finals, oh and did I mention it took 3 overtimes to get that 26 points. Liberty Hill put up 59 points, yes 8 Touchdowns to include crossing the goal line with a couple of 2 point conversions as well. The LH offense is simply outstanding, its the product of Jeff Walker and his staff working with an excellent group of young men. I have always believed this group had a real shot, we are seeing it materialize and get closer each week. How hard these young men have been working was on display in the second half. Sheer Will to win and HEART HEART, and, HEART!!!

Apple and oranges, CS defense is not near as good as it was last year. And you gave up 58.

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2017, 07:24 AM
When CS goes up 58-52 late......I think you kick the extra point for a 7 pt. lead there to force LH to go for two for the win, or to kick the extra pt. for a tie to go into overtime if they score again. If you go for 2 and don't make it......then you are just giving LH an easier way to win the game if they score.

It is strange. CS went for 2 the entire night and made everyone of them except the last one. I am not able to see them on Friday nights but I have noticed that they have done that in several games this season. I know they kicked a FG and a PAT against LaVega.

Bosqueville
11-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Our kicker was on the sideline with a knee brace and crutches...

LHPfactory
11-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Apple and oranges, CS defense is not near as good as it was last year. And you gave up 58.

The point is the CS Defense has been very good all season, but couldnt stop the LH offense. Yes, we gave up 58 but the defense stepped up just enough to allow us to catch up being down 44-21. You also have to factor in that the calls were a big plus factor in CS favor, but despite all that, LH still over came to take the game away from CS. We will defend you better next time and you still wont stop the LH Offense.

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2017, 08:59 AM
The point is the CS Defense has been very good all season, but couldnt stop the LH offense. Yes, we gave up 58 but the defense stepped up just enough to allow us to catch up being down 44-21. You also have to factor in that the calls were a big plus factor in CS favor, but despite all that, LH still over came to take the game away from CS. We will defend you better next time and you still wont stop the LH Offense.

That's a nice thought isn't it.

LHAG
11-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Rabid Cougar-See you in the playoffs if you make it that far!

panfan
11-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Rabid Cougar-See you in the playoffs if you make it that far!

Oh they will make it, but Unfortunately for CS, with an LH win last Friday, the Cougars date with La Vega is expedited (round 2). If they can get past la Vega, we probably will see them again. I think it would be a great playoff rematch.

tkm280
11-06-2017, 12:40 PM
Oh they will make it, but Unfortunately for CS, with an LH win last Friday, the Cougars date with La Vega is expedited (round 2). If they can get past la Vega, we probably will see them again. I think it would be a great playoff rematch.

Sorry, you are not correct. LH and CS would meet up in the 3rd round and will meet either LV or CL in the Regional Finals.

panfan
11-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Sorry, you are not correct. LH and CS would meet up in the 3rd round and will meet either LV or CL in the Regional Finals.

I see that, thanks for the correction - LH and CS most likely have their rematch!

solocam
11-06-2017, 04:18 PM

Panther offense is rolling but defense has been weak all year and defense wins championships, I think they will make it three rounds deep ,but its going to be tuff sleddin after that

LHPfactory
11-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Cougar defense is better than Panther Defense,They Force Liberty Hill to a few three and outs and win by 10

Lucky for us you aren't good at predictions.

But we will see. Our Offense is good enough to out score anyone in 4A. The defense just needs to reduce points allowed by 25% and we will be solid. The Defense has kept La Vega to their second lowest all year (27 points scored on Defense) behind China Spring who allowed only 20 points vs LV. The players are starting to believe, I cant doubt them. I caught my son looking at the 2006 highlight video of Brent Bode tonight. My advice to the LH folks is get behind our boys or shut up.... They have heard enough of the chatter and being told its a rebuilding year.

LHAG
11-14-2017, 08:46 PM

The CS kicker hurt his ankle on the first extra point my son tells me (player for LH). I did notice that on the field goal attempts at the end of the game he seemed gimpy. Even worse on the second than the first.