PDA

View Full Version : Astros Setting the World on Fire!

PurplePop
10-30-2017, 01:56 AM
As a 50-something who grew up in Houston in the 70's with Jimmy Wynn as my Astro buddy, this was unbelievable tonight!

regaleagle
10-30-2017, 02:04 AM
Who could have possibly imagined a better game than Game 2??? Game 5 just became one of the best games ever to be played in a World Series.....if not the best. WOW......just WOW!!! Jimmy Wynn would be rolling in his grave if he saw tonight's game. I attended those games in the 60's with Wynn at center field in the Dome......those orange "padded" seats were the rave......La La Land at that time.

waterboy
10-30-2017, 09:39 AM
The resilience of these two teams is just amazing. There is not an ounce of "give up" in either team. They both believe they're going to win all the way down the last out. Nobody is comfortable until the final out is recorded. I haven't seen a world series this intense that I can remember. No doubt these are the two best teams in the league this year. With that said, I like the Astros' chances to close it out tomorrow night with Verlander on the mound, especially if he gets into the 7th with some offensive support.

Scoop27
10-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Fell asleep at 11 and missed best part of the game.Didn't find out until 10 a.m. this morning that the Astros won.I always mss the big games that are great

zebrablue2
10-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Fell asleep at 11 and missed best part of the game.Didn't find out until 10 a.m. this morning that the Astros won.I always mss the big games that are greatHow could you wait until 10, unless of course that's when u woke up??

zebrablue2
10-31-2017, 08:06 AM
Who could have possibly imagined a better game than Game 2??? Game 5 just became one of the best games ever to be played in a World Series.....if not the best. WOW......just WOW!!! Jimmy Wynn would be rolling in his grave if he saw tonight's game. I attended those games in the 60's with Wynn at center field in the Dome......those orange "padded" seats were the rave......La La Land at that time.
Pretty sure Jimmy is rolling at home, shows he is 75 and alive. According to Google!!!

lostaussie
10-31-2017, 12:12 PM
Pretty sure Jimmy is rolling at home, shows he is 75 and alive. According to Google!!!

The "Toy Cannon" Good memories. Rader, Metzger,Morgan, Wynn, Watson, Mayberry, Geronimmo, Dierker, Richards. Those are the guys I first remember growing up with. Then about 4 or 5 went to the "Big Red Machine"