PDA

View Full Version : The Agony of Defeat

bleedgreen
10-27-2017, 03:07 PM
I count 18 teams in Division 4A that are undefeated. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Three districts have two undefeated teams: D2 District 2 have Seminole/Sweetwater / D2 District 15 have Cuero/Sinton / D1 District 13 have Gatesville/Waco La Vega
Of the remaining 12 teams, I can predict that most will go undefeated through district such as: Argyle, Midlothian Heritage, Van, Carthage, Waco La Vega, West Orange Stark,
and possibly Graham, Sweetwater, and Pleasant Grove. I am not very familiar with the rest. Give me your thoughts on the rest of the teams: Houston North Forest, Pleasanton,
Geronimo Navarro, Pearsall, Raymondville.

What are the strong teams that have already been defeated in your opinion?
All you people who see through tunnels , come on out.

44INAROW
10-27-2017, 03:13 PM
interesting topic... thanks...

10ForTheWin
10-27-2017, 05:07 PM
If Navarro wins tonight the go undefeated, if not they'll go 9-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bleedgreen
10-28-2017, 08:30 PM
Five teams are no longer undefeated leaving 13 to continue with unblemished records.
I am going to predict the next teams to lose the goose-egg will be Pearsall and/or Pleasanton.

WOS87
10-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Liberty and Hardin-Jefferson will definitely compete in R3 but that’s not saying much. I can see some rematches happening this year there. This week is WO-S’ toughest game since Kennedale. Liberty doesn’t matchup with us well at all but they know us, have tricks and we have a target on us.

Have fun with Kennedale whomever has to play them. They are a monster. Glad we played them early.

toddg
10-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Liberty and Hardin-Jefferson will definitely compete in R3 but that’s not saying much. I can see some rematches happening this year there. This week is WO-S’ toughest game since Kennedale. Liberty doesn’t matchup with us well at all but they know us, have tricks and we have a target on us.
Have fun with Kennedale whomever has to play them. They are a monster. Glad we played them early.carter and heritage think they can beat Kennedale...seeing the Wildcats up close and personal, that would be a feat for anybody!! Was impressed with WOS beating them earlier.

WOS87
10-28-2017, 09:03 PM
I would be shocked if Carter came close. Semi-shocked if Heritage did.

toddg
10-29-2017, 04:27 PM
I would be shocked if Carter came close. Semi-shocked if Heritage did.homestly, I don't see any team in region 2 beating Kennedale..the only roadblock to state for them will be their old nemesis Argyle in the semifinal..and that will be a helluva game! I would still favor Kennedale, their secondary is vastly improved from last season.

Third
10-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Five teams are no longer undefeated leaving 13 to continue with unblemished records.
I am going to predict the next teams to lose the goose-egg will be Pearsall and/or Pleasanton.

Pearsall plays a decimated Devine team that struggled to beat Poteet 13-7. Mavs crushed Poteet 35-0, in Poteet. Devine has had major off the field issues this year and lost 2 linemen and their starting QB in recent weeks.

Pleasanton has Somerset this week and Beeville Jones next.

I think the Eagles are the safer bet to lose their "0".

Third
10-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Raymondville should win out as well.

cbaker06021984
10-30-2017, 10:12 AM
Raymondville should win out as well.

Raymondville lost to Rio Hondo 45-24 Friday

Rabid Cougar
10-31-2017, 05:18 PM
I count 18 teams in Division 4A that are undefeated. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Three districts have two undefeated teams: D2 District 2 have Seminole/Sweetwater / D2 District 15 have Cuero/Sinton / D1 District 13 have Gatesville/Waco La Vega
Of the remaining 12 teams, I can predict that most will go undefeated through district such as: Argyle, Midlothian Heritage, Van, Carthage, Waco La Vega, West Orange Stark,
and possibly Graham, Sweetwater, and Pleasant Grove. I am not very familiar with the rest. Give me your thoughts on the rest of the teams: Houston North Forest, Pleasanton,
Geronimo Navarro, Pearsall, Raymondville.

What are the strong teams that have already been defeated in your opinion?
All you people who see through tunnels , come on out.

No more Gatesville.

China Spring will be you usual suspect in Region IV. There will be a LV vs CS rematch again this year.

Third
10-31-2017, 09:19 PM
Raymondville lost to Rio Hondo 45-24 Friday

What, wow. I didn't even see that. I've always been a faithful follower of PI over the years, my dad's old high school team. Any chance they get in? Is Raymondville hurting or not quite 'there'?

cbaker06021984
10-31-2017, 09:22 PM
What, wow. I didn't even see that. I've always been a faithful follower of PI over the years, my dad's old high school team. Any chance they get in? Is Raymondville hurting or not quite 'there'?

I don’t think they had played against an offense as explosive as Rio Hondo’s til that game...

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2017, 09:25 PM
Rio Hondo is the top team of D16 no suprise on the outcome. Raymondville return alot of starters on defensive side but Rio Hondo has a very good qb, offensive line and wide receivers. Raymondville still has Orange Grove, Orange Grove is tied with Rio Hondo for top spot. Rio Hondo vs Orange Grove on Friday.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2017, 06:41 PM
No more Gatesville.

China Spring will be you usual suspect in Region IV. There will be a LV vs CS rematch again this year.

:thinking:

bleedgreen
11-03-2017, 04:02 PM
I will bypass Kennedale / Castleberry tonight and head over to Kaufman for a possible playoff contender matchup with Kennedale in the fourth round. I know, I know, upsets can happen but Kennedale would have to turn the ball over on every possession and be penalized 150 yards for 10 un-sportsman like conduct calls.
Wait a minute, did I just jinx everything? Oh crap....Coach Barrett is going to make me wash uniforms for one year.

bleedgreen
11-04-2017, 12:24 AM
Kaufman is the real deal. The qb runs well and has excellent deception with hand-offs and play-action. The Lions defense only used 3 down linemen most of the game because of Van's wide open offense. They defended the pass very well and even got some interceptions.
Van has two excellent receivers and they ran good routes plus Van's qb has speed and eludes tackles in the open field. I'm glad I went to this game because I witnessed another team lose it's perfect record. Looks like Kennedale plays Van in the second round and maybe Kaufman in the Region final.
The game tonight in Kaufman keeps the home team streak alive since 2012 between these two teams. Congratulations to the Lions.

toddg
11-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Yep, Van going to the top bracket...interesting

WOS87
11-04-2017, 11:32 PM
R3 could see some rematches. Looking forward to seeing Brookshire again after that awful game a few years ago.

Dawgs
11-05-2017, 12:16 AM
Yep, Van going to the top bracket...interesting

Agree. You want to be on the bottom of that R2 bracket. The top is loaded.

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2017, 07:26 AM
:thinking:

For sure.

bleedgreen
11-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Only 10 Class 4A teams remain undefeated for the season. 32 districts have 29 undefeated teams. Week 11 will decide all the playoff contenders. For many, the next sport will be basketball.
The one game I would like to attend on Friday is in Stephenville. The District 3 championship is on the line. Whoever wins will "probably" play Argyle in the 3rd round of the lower bracket. Whoever loses will "probably"
play Lubbock Estacado in the 3rd round of the upper bracket. Choose your poison. The District trophy would look pretty good in the hallway case though.

bleedgreen
11-13-2017, 07:22 AM
There are 5 teams in each Division who remain undefeated. Some may say "strength of schedule" led to these results (ie WISCONSIN). I say congratulations to each team on their success. The playoffs will begin to reveal strengths and weaknesses of each team or maybe just all-out domination. Regions I, III and IV have heavy favorites but Region II is a gauntlet with 4 strong teams. I am a Kennedale Wildcat fan but I really can't predict a winner in this Region. There were close games last year and this year will be no different. You wanna see some action packed games....come to Region II.

slingshot
11-13-2017, 08:06 AM
Kennedale or Lavega.... they are the class of R2D1. Both are scary.

stardog
11-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Only 10 Class 4A teams remain undefeated for the season. 32 districts have 29 undefeated teams. Week 11 will decide all the playoff contenders. For many, the next sport will be basketball.
The one game I would like to attend on Friday is in Stephenville. The District 3 championship is on the line. Whoever wins will "probably" play Argyle in the 3rd round of the lower bracket. Whoever loses will "probably"
play Lubbock Estacado in the 3rd round of the upper bracket. Choose your poison. The District trophy would look pretty good in the hallway case though.

To use the old "gig" you can now concentrate on basketball - now each week of playoffs half of teams will
move on to round ball !!!

stardog
11-13-2017, 10:02 AM
There are 5 teams in each Division who remain undefeated. Some may say "strength of schedule" led to these results (ie WISCONSIN). I say congratulations to each team on their success. The playoffs will begin to reveal strengths and weaknesses of each team or maybe just all-out domination. Regions I, III and IV have heavy favorites but Region II is a gauntlet with 4 strong teams. I am a Kennedale Wildcat fan but I really can't predict a winner in this Region. There were close games last year and this year will be no different. You wanna see some action packed games....come to Region II.

No need to go to that over crowded, congested area, lots of good football in all regions !!!

bleedgreen
11-18-2017, 12:09 PM
After Round 1 we have some knockouts:

Argyle 56 Snyder 21
Houston North Forest 28 Sealy 42 :doh:
Waco La Vega 26 Fredericksburg 7
Midlothian Heritage 74 Lake Worth 12
West Orange Stark 54 Brookshire Royal 0
Pearsall 18 Hondo 26 :doh:
Cathage 46 Huffman Hargrave 10
Cuero 67 CC West Oso 10
Graham 59 Hillsboro 7
Texarkana PG 21 Tatum 7

Two undefeated teams were terminated from the remaining playoffs which leaves 8. Each division has one team left =8
Region I Argyle, Graham
Region II MH, TXPG
Region III Carthage, WOS
Region IV La Vega, Cuero
I believe all these teams will continue to Round 3. Region II is dicey and too close to call for a region champ in both divisions.

bleedgreen
11-21-2017, 09:02 AM
The following districts have all four teams remaining in the playoffs:
Division I District 12
Division II District 9
Division II District 5
That's quite an accomplishment....congratulations:2thumbsup

sk1
11-21-2017, 10:43 AM
The following districts have all four teams remaining in the playoffs:
Division I District 12
Division II District 9
Division II District 5
That's quite an accomplishment....congratulations:2thumbsup

Way To Go!!!
El Campo
Brazosport
Bay City
Sealy

bleedgreen
11-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Two or more teams from the same District still playing going into Round 3:
[U]Division I
Region I District 4 Argyle, WF Hirschi, Decatur
Region III District 9 Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore
Region IV District 13 Waco La Vega, China Spring, Liberty Hill

[U]Division II
Region I District 2 Seminole, Sweetwater
Region II District 5 Melissa, Celina
District 7 Gilmer, Pleasant Grove
Region III ???
Region IV District 13 Wimberly, Navarro
District 15 Cuero, Sweeny
The 8 undefeated teams in class 4a remain undefeated. Round 3 will be more competitive.

bleedgreen
11-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Division I, Region II is the only bracket with District winners left. Congratulations to the runner-up and third seed teams still playing.

bleedgreen
12-02-2017, 02:16 AM
Tonight's game between Kennedale and Midlothian Heritage was an emotional roller coaster of extreme highs and lows. This was the most exciting game I've witnessed in a very long time.
I feel bad for the Jaguars' agony of defeat. This was a gut wrenching game for everyone but the game clock had to run out and unfortunately, the Jaguars had to watch with a 2 point deficit.
Just like last year, this game would have kept on going, but the lights have to be turned off.
Kennedale's secondary did not pan out like I thought it would. MH just took what the Wildcats gave and marched up and down the field with non-stop screen passes. There were some deep passes thrown
but were overthrown into good coverage. Kennedale ran the ball well as usual but pulled off some good passes to keep the linebackers and secondary honest.
Kaufman will be next and over in Region I, Argyle lost their perfect record. Man, it's been a night of hard fought games up and down the brackets. I hope I never experience that numbness of knowing we just lost and there are no more games left. Thanks Jaguars and Wildcats for one of the most thrilling games I've ever experienced.

toddg
12-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Tonight's game between Kennedale and Midlothian Heritage was an emotional roller coaster of extreme highs and lows. This was the most exciting game I've witnessed in a very long time.
I feel bad for the Jaguars' agony of defeat. This was a gut wrenching game for everyone but the game clock had to run out and unfortunately, the Jaguars had to watch with a 2 point deficit.
Just like last year, this game would have kept on going, but the lights have to be turned off.
Kennedale's secondary did not pan out like I thought it would. MH just took what the Wildcats gave and marched up and down the field with non-stop screen passes. There were some deep passes thrown
but were overthrown into good coverage. Kennedale ran the ball well as usual but pulled off some good passes to keep the linebackers and secondary honest.
Kaufman will be next and over in Region I, Argyle lost their perfect record. Man, it's been a night of hard fought games up and down the brackets. I hope I never experience that numbness of knowing we just lost and there are no more games left. Thanks Jaguars and Wildcats for one of the most thrilling games I've ever experienced.
Once Kennedale got inside the 30, I knew Tiero would nail it!! strongest leg I’ve seen all year

jason
12-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Division I, Region II is the only bracket with District winners left. Congratulations to the runner-up and third seed teams still playing.
Stephenville won their district out in D1 Region 1.

bleedgreen
12-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Don't mess with the cat.
It appears the Kaufman game is going to the STAR on Friday at 7:30

bleedgreen
12-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Yes sir. Sorry 'bout that. The Jackets beat their old nemesis Abilene Wylie. That was a game I saw and it looks like the momentum keeps building.
Some new names are rising to the top. Good luck against Hirschi.

bleedgreen
12-02-2017, 01:52 PM
The two dark horses made known early in the first round are still playing in Region I. That should be a good game to travel to.

bleedgreen
12-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Only 8 teams left in each Division: Do the undefeated teams move on?
Argyle was bumped along with Midlothian Heritage.

Waco La Vega 13-0
West Orange Stark 11-0
Carthage 13-0
Cuero 12-0
Pleasant Grove 13-0
Graham 13-0

hollywood
12-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Only 8 teams left in each Division: Do the undefeated teams move on?
Argyle was bumped along with Midlothian Heritage.

Waco La Vega 13-0
West Orange Stark 11-0
Carthage 13-0
Cuero 12-0
Pleasant Grove 13-0
Graham 13-0

I believe La Vega, Cuero and Pleasant Grove are the only three teams that will have their undefeated seasons in jeapordy this week. WOS, Carthage and Graham should all cruise to the next round.

bleedgreen
12-15-2017, 01:36 AM
(1) West Orange Stark has a winning streak on the line. Wimberley will have a say in that.
(2) Pleasant Grove is trying to make a name for itself after defeating Graham (handily).
(3) Carthage plays Waco La Vega.
(4) La Vega plays Carthage
These are the four undefeated teams still standing.
Which team will suffer the agony of defeat? Remember, you can only bet on the horses in Texas.

H3llR4z0r
12-15-2017, 01:00 PM
I believe La Vega, Cuero and Pleasant Grove are the only three teams that will have their undefeated seasons in jeapordy this week. WOS, Carthage and Graham should all cruise to the next round.

You really have WOS cruising past Wimbo? WOS hasn't cruised past anyone since the first round of the playoffs. Speaking of cruising though....