PDA

View Full Version : Region I D2 game of the week?

GetRDoneStangs
10-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Sorry to get this started so late...

Seminole @ Sweetwater

In a rematch of last years regional final between 2 teams from the same district, this game is huge and more than likely for the district crown.

Coach Kent Jackson's Indians are playing extremely after a season opening loss to 5A Lubbock High (I do plan on asking him about that game when I do pre-game interview!). They have 2 D1 players in Cole Bernard (several offers) and Reese Moore (Texas) and from what I am reading the players and the town beyond excited for the rematch in The Mustang Bowl.

Nothing much as changed as Jackson still prefers the smash mouth, clock eating running game. They will do their best to keep the ball out of the hands of arguably (and statistically) the best 1-2 pass/receiving duo in the state with Thompson and Clark.

The Mustangs are still banged up on the D-Line, with 2 starters still out. But, the call ups from the JV and Freshman have played well.

It out to be a fun game to call on a cold night in Sweetwater. That won't keep the media (Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, Abilene and San Angelo), the fans and of course the players from enjoying what could be the just the 1st meeting of these 2 finalist again this year.

Go RED!!

Razorback88
10-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Wow-didn't expect that...hats off to Seminole

GetRDoneStangs
10-28-2017, 09:55 AM
It was a heck of a game for sure. 1st overtime game we have had in a long time.

We lost a key linebacker to concussion, I hope he is ok. He is a great kid and a major force on the D.

Congrats to Coach Jackson and Seminole.

Sweetwater Red
10-29-2017, 10:11 AM
It was a heck of a game for sure. 1st overtime game we have had in a long time.

We lost a key linebacker to concussion, I hope he is ok. He is a great kid and a major force on the D.

Congrats to Coach Jackson and Seminole.

Can't wait for the BC meeting and the film breakdown for this one.

GetRDoneStangs
10-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Can't wait for the BC meeting and the film breakdown for this one.

Me too. I am interested to see what the film shows on about 3 plays (at least), but may have made a difference in the outcome of a very close game.