PDA

View Full Version : -Big O Line!!-

Harry_MAN
11-02-2002, 09:27 PM
Who's got the best Offensive Line in 3a?

dawgdad
11-02-2002, 09:34 PM
No doubt Burnet Bulldogs are in the running- both OT's are college bound.

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 09:49 PM
The O-lines that I like besides my obvious choice (look at my name) would be Jasper (avg 6'/250 per man) who has the big man at 6'8"/300lbs and runs a 4.9 40!

j_dog
11-03-2002, 12:00 AM
BurnetBulldog:
The O-lines that I like besides my obvious choice (look at my name) would be Jasper (avg 6'/250 per man) who has the big man at 6'8"/300lbs and runs a 4.9 40!Actually I hear Jorrie is 6'9" this season. Jasper (avg 6'/250 per man) seems way too short, and possibly a little light to reflect Jasper's OL size with all the 6-4 to 6-6 guys they reportedly have on the roster. In addition, Red Bryant from the DL is available in a pinch at 6-6 and 285 or so lbs.

I know this, if anyone is better than Jorrie, I don't think you would want to meet him. Jorrie, as you most likely know, was selected by Sporting News as the seventh best athlete nationally, and has been selected to play in the Army All-Star game in San Antonio on Jan 5 at the Alamodome.

But the 250 lb avg could be right. Last year they had 8 guys at 255 or greater on the roster. Jasper fans, can anyone confirm the average height and weight of the Jasper OL? Just curious.

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 12:43 AM
j_dog...didn't mean to short change the Jasper line. I was going from memory on all of those stats and just new the big mans numbers best (except his name) I would like to know the actuals if I was off base. Never know if we'll be playing Jasper at some pt.

bigbullbacker
11-03-2002, 12:51 AM
B'port Bulls O-Line should be in the running I would thing................

whsfan
11-03-2002, 10:43 AM
The Abilene Wylie starting offensive line has to be in there somewhere. They are all scattered between a minimum of 255 lbs. and a maximum of 305 and none are under 6 ft. They are looking good!

j_dog
11-03-2002, 07:13 PM
BurnetBulldog:
j_dog...didn't mean to short change the Jasper line. I was going from memory on all of those stats and just new the big mans numbers best (except his name) I would like to know the actuals if I was off base. Never know if we'll be playing Jasper at some pt.No offense. I don't know myself. I am just as curious as you probably are. It depends on who is starting as for the heights and weights. I know at the start of the season they had Jorrie, plus a junior starting at 6-4 and I think 250 plus weight, plus a senior somewhere around 6-6 and 340 or so. I may be wrong but I think they are only starting one guy under 6 foot, and he has the weight around 240 I think. He may be a 6 footer for all I know. Regardless, the coaches are going to put who they consider the best on the field. If they are the smaller guys, that is just how it goes.

I can tell you this with certainty. The Port Arthur News, after the first game when they played 4-a Port Neches-Groves, described the Jasper lines as being UT size.

Anyway, as they say, it is not the size of the dog, it is the size of the fight in the dog, or something like that.