PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline Week 9 Show

Gsquared
10-25-2017, 08:36 AM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2017/10/s2s-2017-week-9-class-4a/

d0tc0m
10-25-2017, 09:09 AM
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but my 4A Week 9 show is all 3A.

Gsquared
10-25-2017, 09:14 AM
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but my 4A Week 9 show is all 3A.

That's weird, I click the link and its the 4A show

d0tc0m
10-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Sweet, I'll try the link, then. I'm using the Podcasts app on my iPhone. And on there, I only see the 4A Week 9 show - no 3A show as of yet. But when I click on that 4A show, it's playing the 3A show.

regaleagle
10-25-2017, 11:13 AM
No link here this week for the 3A show......we have some big games there this week......like George West(7-0) @ Goliad(5-1). Both are highly ranked teams in that very competitive Region IV D-1 Class 3A Division down there with Yoakum, Halletsville, Edna, and Bishop. These are the top 6 seeds in that division battling for playoff positions, IMO. How this region goes will determine to a large degree how the rest of 3A shakes out for the semifinals and finals I think. This is the toughest and most competitive region in D-1 3A.

10ForTheWin
10-25-2017, 11:37 AM
Feeling like I got stood up for a date rn :'(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsquared
10-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Feeling like I got stood up for a date rn :'(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww now now, Terry will make it up to you. Prolly take you to Chili's and a movie :)

Dawgs
10-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Carthage's 2015 win over Navasota was a far bigger upset than in 2010 vs Brownwood. Carthage was a 2 time defending state champion who had won 42 out of 46 games. In 2015 Carthage was a 3 lose team that finished 2nd in district and was facing a state champion on a 28 game win streak.

You guys said it on the show, but to this point this is the most dominant Carthage has ever been. Posters, including myself, might be going overboard but in all honesty all die hard Carthage fans that have seen this team all say the same thing. I'm not talking about on message boards. I'm talking people who watched every game for 20+ years. Everybody is saying at this point this is the best team Carthage has fielded. I understand the Brownwood comparison. But who out there is gonna take on the role of Carthage in that Brownwood matchup? La Vega? It for sure isn't anybody in R3.

PS you will for sure get some hits on SDC on this topic!

Bosqueville
10-25-2017, 12:57 PM
Carthage's 2015 win over Navasota was a far bigger upset than in 2010 vs Brownwood. Carthage was a 2 time defending state champion who had won 42 out of 46 games. In 2015 Carthage was a 3 lose team that finished 2nd in district and was facing a state champion on a 28 game win streak.

You guys said it on the show, but to this point this is the most dominant Carthage has ever been. Posters, including myself, might be going overboard but in all honesty all die hard Carthage fans that have seen this team all say the same thing. I'm not talking about on message boards. I'm talking people who watched every game for 20+ years. Everybody is saying at this point this is the best team Carthage has fielded. I understand the Brownwood comparison. But who out there is gonna take on the role of Carthage in that Brownwood matchup? La Vega? It for sure isn't anybody in R3.

PS you will for sure get some hits on SDC on this topic!

I'm all in for Argyle vs Carthage!! Argyle is the one team I see hanging with Carthage.

And I remember 2010 very well. We all thought that Brownwood team was the best team in Bwd history. All of the old-timers thought so. And bam, they didn't get it done.

d0tc0m
10-25-2017, 01:05 PM
I still think LaVega can match Carthage, athlete for athlete. The Pirates don't have the coaching that Carthage has, but they certainly have the talent to knock off the Dawgs.

Apart from that, I think Argyle has the best shot. And having seen both teams, I like Argyle more than I like Carthage right now. Either way, we're heading towards some really fun semifinal showdowns and a classic state championship matchup in 4A Div. I, regardless of who makes it.

d0tc0m
10-25-2017, 01:15 PM
For what it's worth, I think the Gilmer receiver you were trying to reference is Morgan Lusty ... not Lynch. Small thing, but, there ya go. And that little dude is for real. Not very big, but very quick, good route runner, and good hands in traffic. He's good after the catch, too. Not a home run threat like Heath, in my opinion, but he's a guy that will keep a drive alive, for sure.

Dawgs
10-25-2017, 01:17 PM
I'm all in for Argyle vs Carthage!! Argyle is the one team I see hanging with Carthage.

And I remember 2010 very well. We all thought that Brownwood team was the best team in Bwd history. All of the old-timers thought so. And bam, they didn't get it done.

Me too. I want to see 2 games. La Vega vs Carthage, and Argyle vs Carthage. I have no doubt both those teams will give Carthage all they want. If people think Carthage fans think the Dawgs are going to blow thru everybody, then maybe some of us have given the wrong impression. It's just going to take top, top competition to stay with this team. I'll take the Dawgs by 21 against anybody in R3. But as far as the Semifinal and Championship it will most likely be a pick'em. I don't think La Vega can beat Carthage because they cannot pass with efficiency. But their defense and run game is very solid. Argyle is one of those teams that can play whatever style they need to to win a game. Similar to Carthage.

And I agree about the Brownwood matchup. I think after seeing Carthage in that game that if they would have played again, Brownwood would have won. They were just not ready for Carthage physical play. Had they known what was coming, they had the talent to win that game. Shipley was one of the 3-4 most dominant HS players I have had the privilege of watching over the last 15 years. The other 3 are Daylon Mack, Dwight Smith, and now Keaontay. Another thing people prolly don't remember was how hard hitting that game was. I remember you guys had a safety named Longiria (??). That kid was bringing the freakin hat. I think he may have got hurt in that game. But another thing to think about that game, was as talented as Brownwood was Carthage had 4 D1 football players on that team. Plus the QB was the Texas POY. So the talent advantage actually prolly went to Carthage, even though they didn't have a big name like Shipley.

The thing about a Surratt coached team is everybody gets caught up in all this other stuff. The high powered multiple set offense, they trick plays, the going for it on 4th down. But the real substance of the Carthage program is being the most physical team. That is why Carthage is so good in the 2nd half. Yea, ok Surratt and his staff do a great job adjusting at half. But when it comes down to it Carthage just wears you out play after play after play. Most teams can't keep up, and they get work out. That is why teams like Kilgore and EC have success against Carthage. Very few teams will match that physical play Carthage brings.

Dawgs
10-25-2017, 01:19 PM
I still think LaVega can match Carthage, athlete for athlete. The Pirates don't have the coaching that Carthage has, but they certainly have the talent to knock off the Dawgs.

Apart from that, I think Argyle has the best shot. And having seen both teams, I like Argyle more than I like Carthage right now. Either way, we're heading towards some really fun semifinal showdowns and a classic state championship matchup in 4A Div. I, regardless of who makes it.

I can agree with that. Just a question what game did you see Carthage play? I'll assume it was the Gilmer game?

Listen obviously we are a VERY long way from a Carthage Argyle state championship. I'm not dumb and I know anything can happen. But something to think about if that game were to take place at Jerry World. Argyle and Rodgers are 1-4 in title games. Surratt and Carthage are a pristine 5-0. Just an observation.

d0tc0m
10-25-2017, 01:39 PM
I can agree with that. Just a question what game did you see Carthage play? I'll assume it was the Gilmer game?

In person, yes, the Gilmer game. On film, I've seen the whole Whitehouse game and most of the Henderson game. Carthage is certainly for real. They're so solid across the board, and elite at the RB position, and LB position, in my opinion. They have the ability to show multiple looks, and beat you in so many ways. Ingram can take over a game if he wants, and Capps is developing alright so far at QB. The Dawgs will play very physical, too, and they are disciplined.

Now, you could switch out all instances of 'Carthage' with 'Argyle' and change the names/personnel to match the Eagles' and everything I just said would still hold true. That's why I think an Argyle vs. Carthage state title game would be one of the best matchups in a long, long time.

Dawgs
10-25-2017, 01:57 PM
In person, yes, the Gilmer game. On film, I've seen the whole Whitehouse game and most of the Henderson game. Carthage is certainly for real. They're so solid across the board, and elite at the RB position, and LB position, in my opinion. They have the ability to show multiple looks, and beat you in so many ways. Ingram can take over a game if he wants, and Capps is developing alright so far at QB. The Dawgs will play very physical, too, and they are disciplined.

Now, you could switch out all instances of 'Carthage' with 'Argyle' and change the names/personnel to match the Eagles' and everything I just said would still hold true. That's why I think an Argyle vs. Carthage state title game would be one of the best matchups in a long, long time.

Yes, I agree. I think Argyle is one of those teams built like Carthage who can do so many things to win a game. They can beat you in many different ways and play many types of games. You ain't gonna hear anybody from Carthage getting on here saying Carthage is gonna blowout Argyle. It's just not gonna happen. Look it's a long way away, but this could have the potential to be one of the best title games in a while. But man 4a and old 3a have had so many great games in the state title. Many of them involve Argyle. Carthage has been fortunate and won most of their titles by multiple scores. I think 4 out of 5 wins were by multiple scores. All except the Graham game in 2009. Argyle has played some very memorable games. The Fairfield game in 2013 was one of the most fun games I have ever seen. Those Fairfield fans were rockin. And Ian Sadler and LRIII put on a show. The Navasota and La Vega games were also instant classics. Another classic game that comes to mind was Gilmer vs WOS. And these are all very recent.

SaltySixes
10-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Well that just bummed me out... hope yall enjoy your food with that blowout youve choosen to go see.

Gsquared
10-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Well that just bummed me out... hope yall enjoy your food with that blowout youve choosen to go see.

:p .......

bag-o-chips
10-25-2017, 03:10 PM
The old bait and switch. All season we are going to Wimberley to see then poof. It's all for nada.... This hurts guys, really bad you know! Think I will make an S to S voodoo doll and throw it off the Backbone!!!!:taunt:

Gsquared
10-25-2017, 03:10 PM
the old bait and switch. All season we are going to wimberley to see then poof. It's all for nada.... This hurts guys, really bad you know! Think i will make an s to s voodoo doll and throw it off the backbone!!!!:taunt:

lol!~

bag-o-chips
10-25-2017, 03:18 PM
Might just get a Curandero to put the Mal Ojo Hex on!!!! LMAO!!!

Gsquared
10-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Might just get a Curandero to put the Mal Ojo Hex on!!!! LMAO!!!

NOOOOO NOT THAT!!! We will come to a Navarro playoff game to make amends to tha gods!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2017, 04:34 PM
The old bait and switch. All season we are going to Wimberley to see then poof. It's all for nada.... This hurts guys, really bad you know! Think I will make an S to S voodoo doll and throw it off the Backbone!!!!:taunt:

Blame G, I was 100% against the decision....Then he said lunch at Mary's or Allen's and by Texas law I had to agree.

Tejastrue
10-25-2017, 06:13 PM
This is crap. I had the honeymoon press box suite all set aside which included iced Lone Star Longneck beer, a heated jacuzzi, big screen live feed monitor (HD) along with the most popular selections of wife beater shirts and speedos. :dispntd:

briandumith*
10-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Yes, I agree. I think Argyle is one of those teams built like Carthage who can do so many things to win a game. They can beat you in many different ways and play many types of games. You ain't gonna hear anybody from Carthage getting on here saying Carthage is gonna blowout Argyle. It's just not gonna happen. Look it's a long way away, but this could have the potential to be one of the best title games in a while. But man 4a and old 3a have had so many great games in the state title. Many of them involve Argyle. Carthage has been fortunate and won most of their titles by multiple scores. I think 4 out of 5 wins were by multiple scores. All except the Graham game in 2009. Argyle has played some very memorable games. The Fairfield game in 2013 was one of the most fun games I have ever seen. Those Fairfield fans were rockin. And Ian Sadler and LRIII put on a show. The Navasota and La Vega games were also instant classics. Another classic game that comes to mind was Gilmer vs WOS. And these are all very recent.Ugh! 2009 S.C. game at SMU... wow what a gut-punch of a game that was ... I'd a rather lost by multiple scores... Losing by 1 point SUCKED! That one took a while to get over... I don't remember the drive home... lol

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Gsquared
10-26-2017, 03:00 PM
This is crap. I had the honeymoon press box suite all set aside which included iced Lone Star Longneck beer, a heated jacuzzi, big screen live feed monitor (HD) along with the most popular selections of wife beater shirts and speedos. :dispntd:

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tejastrue
10-26-2017, 08:44 PM
oh yeah...

https://youtu.be/zhq-3q9Yzl0

Tejastrue
10-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Just trying to get you back to your roots...when a person's word was their bond. :tongue:

Tejastrue
10-30-2017, 09:34 PM
I know you guys are making that trip to Hondo in two weeks. :2thumbsup