PDA

View Full Version : Ties vs. Losses

MonkeyJoe
09-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Which one would you rather have, a loss or a tie?

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2003, 11:58 PM
It depends... is the tie silk or wool?

*rimshot*

Thank you... thank you... I'll be here till next Tuesday...

:D

Sorry, its late... I'm tired... and that was easy...

Gobbla2001
09-22-2003, 12:03 AM
I'd take a loss... Used to, a tie would mean penetrations would decide the winner... Now after the allowed OT periods, I believe it's just a straight tie...

Anyway... Ties make your team feel like 'we didn't lose' but 'we didn't win either'... So it's kinda like they're confused... Should they be happy? Sad? You might not have had a 'bad' game, yet you have nothing to really be 'happy' about...

I dunno, I'm the kinda person who likes things to be decided, never wanna leave anything undecided, need to know what it is... Guess that's why I feel this way...

Pudlugger
09-22-2003, 07:51 AM
When I played back in the Paleolithic period ties were the norm and there were no OT periods. I remember my sophomore year on the B team we had three ties and it really was an unsatisfying experience. I like OT it settles the issue.

crzyjournalist03
09-22-2003, 11:11 AM
I like ties, just for the reason that they can cause a mess in any playoff system :D

Phil C
09-22-2003, 11:46 AM
I prefer the OT period rather than the tie in the case of playoff and district games. As far as the non-district games during the first part of the season I say let it end in a tie if that is the case - no need to risk any injuries.

JasperDog94
09-22-2003, 01:17 PM
My dad used to say, "Tying is like kissing your sister." Funny, he didn't have any sisters... :D

<small>[ September 22, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>