http://www.texasfootball.com/stepps-2017-txhsfb-playoff-projections/

briandumith*
10-15-2017, 06:07 PM
I like it!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2017, 07:24 PM
The Argyle/Snyder matchup in the first round should be a real doozy. :dispntd:

Seriously though, I hope you're right about Brownfield. I'm tired of driving to Colorado for a Bi-district game. :rolleyes:

lostaussie
10-15-2017, 07:51 PM
Pittsburg will be 3rd in DII district 7. Gladewater 4. Spring Hill and Atl out

toddg
10-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Riddle me this..when was the last time, Dallas Carter beat a team outside Dallas county, not named Venus..?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Port Isabel out of the playoffs.

Considering how horrendous the defense is, and how inept the offense is, sounds about right.

d0tc0m
10-16-2017, 08:06 AM
http://www.texasfootball.com/stepps-2017-txhsfb-playoff-projections/

Boy, the 4A DII bracket is going to be a lot of fun, minus the snooze fest in Region III.

WOS87
10-16-2017, 09:28 AM
Boy, the 4A DII bracket is going to be a lot of fun, minus the snooze fest in Region III.

:wave:

d0tc0m
10-16-2017, 09:37 AM
:wave:

Sorry, 87, you guys are great, but that's a weak, weak region. You guys would be favorites regardless of which region you were in, you can't help that realignment put you in the weakest one of the bracket.

WOS87
10-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Don’t try to butter me up or jinx us. You know how I am lol.

coach
10-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Fairfield winning their district!?!?!?!

I like it!

d0tc0m
10-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Don’t try to butter me up or jinx us. You know how I am lol.

Why, WOS87, I would never do such a thing.

Matthew328
10-23-2017, 06:04 AM
Updated after Week 8

http://www.texasfootball.com/PlayoffProjections/

lostaussie
10-23-2017, 08:58 AM
I think you are spot on in DII district 7.

slingshot
10-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Right now I would rank D1R1 District 3 as:

Stephenville--Beat Brownwood on the road, have Wylie at Home for the District Championship (barring major upsets), I would rate them a solid 7-10 point favorite over Wylie
Wylie--as I've said all along, we're down a notch (or 3) from last year--plenty of heart, good coaching but just too thin and small on the O and D lines
Brownwood--very talented, good size and speed, questionable coaching decisions (just being honest)
Snyder--at least they beat Big Spring... 1st round cannon fodder.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2017, 02:10 PM

Considering how horrendous the defense is, and how inept the offense is, sounds about right.They're not out of the playoffs, it will come down to winner of PI/ WO game for the 4th seed.

bleedgreen
10-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Are playoffs always at neutral sites? PLUS Kennedale played Abilene Wylie at Birdville Stadium which is not far from Kennedale.....was there bad weather at the time out west?

Matthew328
10-23-2017, 06:31 PM
Are playoffs always at neutral sites? PLUS Kennedale played Abilene Wylie at Birdville Stadium which is not far from Kennedale.....was there bad weather at the time out west?

No in 6A Rd 1 homefield is for the team with the higher district finish...

There can be home/home flips, neutral sites or home-neutral sites....I believe for Kennedale-Wylie it was a home-neutral option..

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2017, 06:47 PM
They're not out of the playoffs, it will come down to winner of PI/ WO game for the 4th seed.

Matt projected PI to be out of the playoffs, is what I meant.

Besides, why make the playoffs just to get obliterated by Cuero in Round 1? I'd rather PI not make the playoffs than get run off the field by Cuero to be frank. Both instances are equally as embarrassing and PI have already embarrassed themselves enough this season as it is.

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2017, 01:38 PM

Considering how horrendous the defense is, and how inept the offense is, sounds about right.

:eek:

PI has always had a strong defense. Were there changes at Port Isabel after last year?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2017, 09:57 AM
:eek:

PI has always had a strong defense. Were there changes at Port Isabel after last year?

Yes, horrific changes and extremely poor decisions by the powers that be in Port Isabel.

Put it to you this way, there's a thing down in the RGV we like to call "The Compadre System", where families with political ties use those ties to give jobs to sons, daughters, family members, and close friends. PI went full "Compadre System" after it parted ways with Monty Stumbaugh and it has proved to be an absolute disaster. Many of us, including myself, saw this coming the moment we heard the announcement on the name of the new head coach back in February. We just didn't realize it would be "miss the playoffs" levels of bad.

Caveman
10-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Semi finals Division I: Argyle v Liberty-Eylau, Carthage v La Vega. Toss up. Finals D II: Pleasant Grove v West Orange Stark. Pleasant Grove wins. I've liked PG all season and they've got some nasty to go along with some talent.

d0tc0m
10-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Semi finals Division I: Argyle v Liberty-Eylau, Carthage v La Vega. Toss up. Finals D II: Pleasant Grove v West Orange Stark. Pleasant Grove wins. I've liked PG all season and they've got some nasty to go along with some talent.

I would be thoroughly shocked if LE makes it to the semifinals. I don't know if they've got enough juice to navigate a very tough Region II. Pleasant Grove certainly looks like the team to beat in Div. II, Region II, but I think there are some teams up to task. Time will tell.

lostaussie
10-26-2017, 10:50 AM
LE has let me down on more than one occasion. Lots of wasted talent right there.

Matthew328
10-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Projections are updated after Week 9 games

coach
10-30-2017, 07:52 AM
Projections are updated after Week 9 games

Where?

toddg
10-30-2017, 08:30 AM
The battle of 916 Matt, 917 is north of Alvarado..

jason
10-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Where?

Crow22
10-30-2017, 09:16 AM

All opinion I realize but...

hard to predict Sinton taking 2nd in that district over Sweeny. Guess we'll find out this friday.

coach
10-30-2017, 09:18 AM
Fairfield vs. Caldwell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
10-30-2017, 10:07 AM
All opinion I realize but...

hard to predict Sinton taking 2nd in that district over Sweeny. Guess we'll find out this friday.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but I don't see it happening. We are down to one original starting OL and against y'alls big D line = recipe for disaster! No disrespect to those kids, but it isn't the same when you only have 3 days to try and work as a cohesive unit with minimal reps. I truly believe Sweeny should have beat Cuero, so I see no reason why they won't beat us. Our game last year was very tight, but as much as I want to believe that our seniors will put up a fight - it's hard to do when the guys up front are severely over-matched!

gobbla4life
10-31-2017, 08:27 AM
No disrespect to Sweeny, they are a hell of a team. And they did play well enough to win, and surely could have one at the end. But let’s not forget, Cuero’s defense walked a guy in the open field down and made a TD saving tackle at the 2 yard line, then forced a fumble on the 1 yard line to seal the game. All I’m saying is a win is a win, and sometimes a close win or loss can be a great tool to real the kids in and get there attention. If both Sweeny and Cuero make it to meet again, it should be an awesome game for sure.

Crow22
10-31-2017, 09:10 AM
No disrespect to Sweeny, they are a hell of a team. And they did play well enough to win, and surely could have one at the end. But let’s not forget, Cuero’s defense walked a guy in the open field down and made a TD saving tackle at the 2 yard line, then forced a fumble on the 1 yard line to seal the game. All I’m saying is a win is a win, and sometimes a close win or loss can be a great tool to real the kids in and get there attention. If both Sweeny and Cuero make it to meet again, it should be an awesome game for sure.

Pretty sure nobody is forgetting that Cuero is an awesome team with some awesome players. Whittington is just ridiculously talented and he made the biggest play of the game when he ran down the Sweeny receiver and knocked him out at the 2 yard line (but was spotted at the 5 of course :))

I would love to see a Cuero/Sweeny matchup but both teams would have to get through Wimberley and Navarro (and others) before that can happen. Not gonna be easy.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2017, 07:12 PM
I hope you're right, Matt...sort of. I'll be super excited if Luling makes the playoffs, but the thought of Yoakum in Round 1 is ugh. :ack!: :speech: