PDA

View Full Version : BROWNWOOD vs STEPHENVILLE

LionFan72
10-14-2017, 08:30 AM
It's the Battle of 377, start the saber rattling!

slingshot
10-14-2017, 12:55 PM
I think Wood takes it... don’t know very much about Ville this year but Wood showed me a lot of talent and heart last night. If they can clean up some mistakes and cut down on the penalties they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs. I may skip the trip to Big Spring and catch this one.

briandumith*
10-14-2017, 01:28 PM
hum I need to know what Jacket team shows up. Before I vote.. If they are healthy they will beat the wood... if not no way.

Bosqueville
10-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Brownwood by 8! Wish I could be there.

hollywood
10-14-2017, 06:45 PM
I think Wood takes it... don’t know very much about Ville this year but Wood showed me a lot of talent and heart last night. If they can clean up some mistakes and cut down on the penalties they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs. I may skip the trip to Big Spring and catch this one.

Come on

hollywood
10-14-2017, 06:46 PM
hum I need to know what Jacket team shows up. Before I vote.. If they are healthy they will beat the wood... if not no way.

45 will be a go

BEAST
10-14-2017, 09:55 PM
We gonna lick our wounds...
But we will be ready for the daubers.

briandumith*
10-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Don't get lost in the hype everyone. IF 45 is 100%........Bwood will NOT WIN this game.. plus with 44 on D..... Nope. YOU ALL ARE LOST IN A MAZE OF YOUR OWN HYPENESS! Ville.wins

Tejastrue
10-14-2017, 11:26 PM
Not very moderate of you.

briandumith*
10-14-2017, 11:49 PM
its an opinion....What's your point?

Tejastrue
10-15-2017, 08:47 AM
Do I need one? We all have opinions.

SouthTexas Lobo
10-15-2017, 09:02 AM

You seem to have an opinion, only when the Steers are playing well. That's just an opinion

BwdLion73
10-15-2017, 09:14 AM

Maybe the all caps indicating your yelling or screaming at us...:thinking:

If someone went to your "I Love Me thread" and did that you might Have to pull your Moderator "knock it off warning"

...but that's just my opinion...:p

slingshot
10-15-2017, 10:42 AM
I AM LOST IN A MAZE OF MY OWN HYPENESS (? word?)... Lions win.

briandumith*
10-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Bahaha come on now worry about the game not me folks focus.... I know that's hard sometimes but the teams deserve it. Ah and I know I am old but exclamation points indicate possible excitement or yelling caps dont.... I dont buy-in to ANY of the young people's rewrighting of the English language. Plus I ain't picking a fight I am making a statement and sharing my opinion. As usual folks can't handle it..ha.. OKAY...... ;)

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

slingshot
10-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Come on Brian—just needling you 🤙. Honestly think this is going to be a great game.

Ville—bye week to prepare and heal.
Wood—playing at home, maybe mentally/physically exhausted from dropping a triple OT thriller at our house

Bottom line is both teams are big, strong, talented, playing better as the season goes on, know each other inside and out and even though it’s not nearly as intense a rivalry as it was back in the day make no mistake—these are two bitter rivals that do not want to lose to the other.
Gordon Wood will be packed and rocking Friday night.

briandumith*
10-15-2017, 02:36 PM
Come on Brian—just needling you . Honestly think this is going to be a great game.

Ville—bye week to prepare and heal.
Wood—playing at home, maybe mentally/physically exhausted from dropping a triple OT thriller at our house

Bottom line is both teams are big, strong, talented, playing better as the season goes on, know each other inside and out and even though it’s not nearly as intense a rivalry as it was back in the day make no mistake—these are two bitter rivals that do not want to lose to the other.
Gordon Wood will be packed and rocking Friday night.Yeah if I didn't have hockey tickets that night.... I would for sure be a guest at the Wood.. Oh to all you Stephenville fans. Brownwood has a new scoreboard and that makes for a very long and annoying beginning of the game.. You'll see what I mean. It's very nice but they go way over the top with it.. but I get it..

GetRDoneStangs
10-15-2017, 06:44 PM

I don't blame you on that. That construction on I-20 between Trent and Sweetwater is a real pain!

You guys should have 40 on them just warming up before kickoff.

jason
10-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Yeah if I didn't have hockey tickets that night.... I would for sure be a guest at the Wood.. Oh to all you Stephenville fans. Brownwood has a new scoreboard and that makes for a very long and annoying beginning of the game.. You'll see what I mean. It's very nice but they go way over the top with it.. but I get it..

Do they still blast welcome to the jungle so loud the speakers crack or have they come up with something original?

briandumith*
10-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Do they still blast welcome to the jungle so loud the speakers crack or have they come up with something original?Before the team comes out of those gates.... they play a long video that's way over the top and all it did was tick off our team.. it's reminiscent of what they play at the Texas Rangers ballpark before they take the field.. I understand why... but by the end of the video all you heard was our stands booing...lol the new video scoreboard is very nice I must say...

slingshot
10-15-2017, 09:47 PM
I don't blame you on that. That construction on I-20 between Trent and Sweetwater is a real pain!

You guys should have 40 on them just warming up before kickoff.Not expecting much of a game honestly but I’ve been wrong before... we just came off a triple OT gut check win over BWD and had a bunch of starters gutting it up and playing way less than 100%. Suspect many will sit for the Big Spring game to heal. I do feel if we can just get reasonably healthy the team that dominated Lubbock Monterey will be back in time for the big showdown at ‘Ville.
The road construction between Trent and Sweatwater is a real pain... I drive to Big Spring every week for work. Can’t wait for it to be DONE.

bearbear78
10-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Hard pick here, BUT Brownwoods defense is pretty physical and plays hard. Can the Ville RB hold up to that? If not I can see Brownwood laying a beat down on the Ville. If he holds up to some hard hitting and isn't contained I can see the Ville laying a beat down on Brownwood. Brownwood has a kid I think is Beast's son and he is FAST as well and will make you pay if you miss him. A lot of factors I guess so I'm saying hell with it and taking Brownwood by 14.

slingshot
10-16-2017, 09:09 PM
BWD’s defense was nonexistent at the start of the season but has steadily improved by leaps and bounds... the offense has been there all along. If they can clean up the mistakes and dumb penalties they seriously could be a top 10 quality team by season’ end. They will make some noise come playoff time I suspect.

BWD by 6 over Ville.

BEAST
10-16-2017, 09:12 PM
Hard pick here, BUT Brownwoods defense is pretty physical and plays hard. Can the Ville RB hold up to that? If not I can see Brownwood laying a beat down on the Ville. If he holds up to some hard hitting and isn't contained I can see the Ville laying a beat down on Brownwood. Brownwood has a kid I think is Beast's son and he is FAST as well and will make you pay if you miss him. A lot of factors I guess so I'm saying hell with it and taking Brownwood by 14.

Thanks for the kind words about my son. This game will be intense for sure.

BEAST

slingshot
10-16-2017, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the kind words about my son. This game will be intense for sure.

BEASTSo... are Purple People allowed at the game? 😇 I promise to behave and not yell (too much).

Wayne
10-16-2017, 09:35 PM
I'm going with the Jackets in this one.... just my opinion. Haha

hollywood
10-16-2017, 10:50 PM
Looking at the votes of this game, only 15 posters voted. Has this rivalry game lost its luster? With the most state championships between the two schools combined at the 4A level, I think it's either envy or just HS football ignorance!

panfan
10-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Bwood has much untapped potential. 1) The wood running back (Jefferson) tops the list. This kid reminded me of Dobbins from La Grange and is underutilized way too much. Give this kid the rock and watch what happens. I mentioned it when LH played them, that had he touched the ball more often, we might not have won that game. 2) Defense - if improved, as noted by many, suggests that the lions can make the stops when needed, and then outscore opponents on offense. Lions take this one by 2 scores.

d0tc0m
10-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Looking at the votes of this game, only 15 posters voted. Has this rivalry game lost its luster? With the most state championships between the two schools combined at the 4A level, I think it's either envy or just HS football ignorance!

I don't think it's lost its luster. I'd still love to go see this game if I were not in town for Celina's Homecoming this week. I think the problem is that there are no more Rockets around on this board to really stir things up. And the rest of us have mellowed out as the years have gone by.

panfan
10-17-2017, 11:40 AM
I don't think it's lost its luster. I'd still love to go see this game if I were not in town for Celina's Homecoming this week. I think the problem is that there are no more Rockets around on this board to really stir things up. And the rest of us have mellowed out as the years have gone by.

who needs a Rocket when you have a Jacketswarm, course neither lasted long in the sunlight and both found their rock quickly...

d0tc0m
10-17-2017, 11:54 AM
who needs a Rocket when you have a Jacketswarm, course neither lasted long in the sunlight and both found their rock quickly...

For some reason, I never could get on board with Jacketswarm. Just not enough coherency to make up for his lack of shock/entertainment value. Rocket was entertaining for the most part.

BEAST
10-17-2017, 12:27 PM

I have no idea where to vote. I use my phone, not a computer. The poll doesn’t show up for me

d0tc0m
10-17-2017, 12:37 PM
I have no idea where to vote. I use my phone, not a computer. The poll doesn’t show up for me

iPhone?

briandumith*
10-17-2017, 01:04 PM
That is correct the only way to vote is using URL adddress with computers... tapatalk and iPhone inet does not work.. I have been mean to bring this up with LP Panther mom.. that would certainly help.. you can with Android phones only if you use purely the URL not bulletin likes it likes to go to

d0tc0m
10-17-2017, 01:13 PM
That is correct the only way to vote is using URL adddress with computers... tapatalk and iPhone inet does not work.. I have been mean to bring this up with LP Panther mom.. that would certainly help.. you can with Android phones only if you use purely the URL not bulletin likes it likes to go to

On Safari, on an iPhone, you can select 'View Full Site' at the bottom of the page and then you can vote. I've always been able to do it this way.

briandumith*
10-17-2017, 01:32 PM
On Safari, on an iPhone, you can select 'View Full Site' at the bottom of the page and then you can vote. I've always been able to do it this way.Awesome well there you go... I don't use iPhone

BEAST
10-17-2017, 05:27 PM
iPhone?
Yes. It’s an iPhone.

slingshot
10-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Beast--What number is your son?

hollywood
10-17-2017, 07:02 PM
On Safari, on an iPhone, you can select 'View Full Site' at the bottom of the page and then you can vote. I've always been able to do it this way.

This is how I always view the DL... and in dark atmosphere. I like the color contrasts.

hollywood
10-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Beast--What number is your son?

He used to #8. Not sure if he still is.

briandumith*
10-17-2017, 07:35 PM
He used to #8. Not sure if he still is.Confirmed #8 this was a great play against Graham.<div id="embedVideoContainer_8155b757-b52d-43fc-a2e0-5250b6e2a3d6" class="embedVideo"><iframe id="embedVideo_8155b757-b52d-43fc-a2e0-5250b6e2a3d6" name="embedVideo_8155b757-b52d-43fc-a2e0-5250b6e2a3d6" src="http://cbsprt.co/2ijh5b6" width="320" height="180" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></div>

hollywood
10-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Confirmed #8 this was a great play against Graham.<div id="embedVideoContainer_8155b757-b52d-43fc-a2e0-5250b6e2a3d6" class="embedVideo"><iframe id="embedVideo_8155b757-b52d-43fc-a2e0-5250b6e2a3d6" name="embedVideo_8155b757-b52d-43fc-a2e0-5250b6e2a3d6" src="http://cbsprt.co/2ijh5b6" width="320" height="180" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></div>

Repost link please sir

briandumith*
10-17-2017, 07:42 PM
http://cbsprt.co/2iiA8Cl here

d0tc0m
10-17-2017, 08:33 PM
This is how I always view the DL... and in dark atmosphere. I like the color contrasts.

Same.

briandumith*
10-17-2017, 11:55 PM
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/contest/default.aspx?contestid=86c65d7e-6f8c-461f-92ff-71f93fb47a32&ssid=d7de9baf-87f8-4a16-bf62-ff51dcb7b9d5#tab=matchup&schoolid=1e60baaa-b411-4c25-8fb3-a62d23fd6549 pregame hubbub if anyone want to know all the numbers... have fun :)

clcannon17
10-18-2017, 03:10 AM
Lions by 7.

Also regarding the video played on the scoreboard, I agree it was over the top, but it wasn't anything too bad. Just Gordon Wood (the quality was pretty bad) and Coach Maxfield talk. They could do better albeit.

jason
10-18-2017, 01:54 PM
http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/20171018/jackets-set-for-showdown-in-brownwood

By Mark Wilson / mwilson@empiretribune.com
Posted at 9:06 AM
Updated at 9:08 AM

The Stephenville Yellow Jackets are almost back to full strength in the injury department, thanks in part to their open date last week — and it’s coming just in time for their clash with rival Brownwood. Friday’s 7:30 p.m. game at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood will be the District 3-4A, Div. I opener for coach Greg Winder’s 4-2 Yellow Jackets.
Brownwood (3-3) opened district play last Friday with a 45-38 road loss to Abilene Wylie. It was Wylie’s eighth consecutive win over the Lions.

The Lions lead the all-time series — dubbed “The Battle of 377” — with 46 wins compared to 28 for Stephenville. There have been two ties. Their first meeting was in 1937.
“Our kids know what they’ve got to do, and what is expected,” Winder said. “They definitely will be ready to go.”

Stephenville opened the season winning its first four games, but lost its last two outings to Graham and Lubbock Monterey.
The Yellow Jackets’ leading rusher and scorer, running back Krece Nowak, is expected to return to action after missing the Monterey game and more than half of the Graham game with a rib injury. Senior slot receiver Clay Krause, however, is expected to be sidelined a while longer with a knee problem suffered in the Monterey game.

The Lions, coached by Kyle Maxfield, dropped two of their first three games this season before beating Alvarado and Giddings leading up to the Wylie contest.
“Defensively they’re solid,” Winder noted first. “They’re a good football team all over.
“Their secondary is real fast. They run to the football and tackle well. They have a lot of speed. Their scheme’s good offensively. They load a lot of people in the box.”
Marcus Mosley, a 6-1, 160-pound senior defensive back, is one athlete in particular that caught Winder’s eye.

Brownwood quarterback Tommy Bowden entered the Wylie game with 1,142 yards passing, throwing for 13 touchdowns. He is also a running threat, going into last week’s game with a team-leading five TD runs. “He’ll run around and find receivers, and he’s fast also,” Winder said of Bowden.
Winder also noted that Gavin Jefferson, who leads the Lions in rushing, and Cain Kittrell provide speed as running backs.
Brownwood’s top receivers are A.J. McCarty, Nick Salazar and Braden Jetton.

Winder said he thinks this year’s version of the Lions is improved over the 2016 crew in the defensive secondary — and in some of the skill positions.
Winder said the play on special teams could be a major factor.
“Special teams is going to be a big factor,” he said. “If we do the things we’re capable of doing, it should be a great football game.”
Last year, the Jackets lost a 28-13 decision to Brownwood.

Nowak, a junior, leads SHS in rushing with 861 yards, averaging 9.9 yards per carry. He has scored 11 touchdowns, including three as a receiver coming out of the backfield.
Senior quarterback Easton Jones has thrown for 735 yards and 7 TDs, completing 54 of 101 attempts with 2 interceptions.

The Jackets will miss the presence of Krause, who has the most receiving yards and catches so far for the Jackets, with 323 on 23 catches. He is also tied for the team lead in receiving TDs, with 3.
Next is senior wideout Blake Aragon with 18 catches for 244 yards and 2 TDs.

Stephenville’s offense has averaged almost 400 yards (393.3) yards per game
Defensive leaders through six games for Stephenville are Gage Graham with 40 tackles, Blue Caylor with 38, Zane Walker with 28 and Chase Carrillo with 27. Also for the Jackets’ defense, Cole Pettit has a team-leading 4 interceptions and Pacen Parker leads in quarterback sacks, with 6.

slingshot
10-18-2017, 05:23 PM
Looking more likely that I will be making this game... might need to see if any other Wylie faithful plan to go.

hollywood
10-18-2017, 10:45 PM
Looking more likely that I will be making this game... might need to see if any other Wylie faithful plan to go.

It would be a much better choice than driving to Stinky Springs

toddg
10-18-2017, 11:58 PM
It would be a much better choice than driving to Stinky Springsi would go, but, I have to watch my son open some holes for the Indian rbs

LionFan72
10-19-2017, 09:23 PM

Come on down Slingshot, you will be welcome to even bring more with you, we have some pretty good nachos!

Bosqueville
10-19-2017, 10:40 PM
Any sub-varsity scores??

hollywood
10-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Any sub-varsity scores??

Freshman 20-9 VILLE
JV 15-6 VILLE

hollywood
10-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Crickets

toddg
10-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Cricketsbuddy holly and the..

Bosqueville
10-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Brownwood side sold out.

hollywood
10-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Brownwood side sold out.

Wish they would open the end zones like they used to. Remember 1996? Packed all the way around the stadium. What a game

briandumith*
10-20-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm having trouble with what feed to listen too... kinda hard to go against good ole Dallas.. I guess it will come down to if I can one inside the NYTEX center in North Richland Hills... I think they have Wi-Fi

jason
10-20-2017, 04:17 PM
if you have any signal at all you can stream the stephenville broadcast mobile from their website and not some third party app - www.kstvfm.com

toddg
10-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Brownwood 42-31

Bosqueville
10-20-2017, 06:56 PM
Wish they would open the end zones like they used to. Remember 1996? Packed all the way around the stadium. What a game

I remember it well!

hollywood
10-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Clean sweep. The Ville is back

BEAST
10-20-2017, 11:38 PM
Clean sweep. The Ville is back

Easy killer. Y’all played well. I think y’all will win district. But you know as well as I that this game could’ve gone either way

hollywood
10-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Easy killer. Y’all played well. I think y’all will win district. But you know as well as I that this game could’ve gone either way

Like so many games this season. I agree. Ville could be undefeated tonight as well as the Lions could. Both very good teams.

jason
10-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Don't know why bw didn't just feed #21 all night. He had about 100 yards on 22 carries. QB seemed to overthrow a lot of passes tonight.

Hopefully Nowak for sv isn't hurt too bad. A very noticeable limp from 2nd quarter on. Tough night for him, the bw defensive line was solid.

hollywood
10-21-2017, 12:01 AM
Don't know why bw didn't just feed #21 all night. He had about 100 yards on 22 carries. QB seemed to overthrow a lot of passes tonight.

Hopefully Nowak for sv isn't hurt too bad. A very noticeable limp from 2nd quarter on. Tough night for him, the bw defensive line was solid.

Great rivalry

slingshot
10-21-2017, 07:00 AM
Good win Ville! Barring a monumental upset for either side against Big Spring or Schneider—sets up a winner-take-all show down for the DC at Ville in the final game of the season between Wylie and the Daubers.... suspect after the big win last night we may even be blessed with jacketswarm crawling back out for another appearance. Oh joy.

bwdlionfan
10-21-2017, 07:48 AM

A bunch of us and several of our opponents have been saying this all season. He's definitely underutilized.

slingshot
10-21-2017, 08:05 AM
Hate to be an armchair coach but... if BWD would run Jefferson more with that big O-line it would really open up the passing game. Seems they’re doing it the other way around. He could be a workhorse...

hollywood
10-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Hate to be an armchair coach but... if BWD would run Jefferson more with that big O-line it would really open up the passing game. Seems they’re doing it the other way around. He could be a workhorse...

Exactly. With the Woods offensive weapons... hell, as a whole, run Jefferson and the other back to open up the pass. Ville didn't have as much success tuning the ball due to the Wood keying on Nowak, so that opened up the passing game. Take what the defense is giving then execute. Easy peasy. Also to note, Ville was without their leading WR last night. Good game though