PDA

View Full Version : La Vega @ Liberty Hill

LHPfactory
10-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Im feeling really confident in the Panthers regardless of DCTF giving LV the #2 Spot in the State.

slingshot
10-10-2017, 08:51 PM
I like LH—great kids, coaching and community... that being said—LV by 21+...

Bosqueville
10-10-2017, 08:58 PM
La Vega by 28.

Rocket Man
10-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Because I think LV has a very good defense and because LH has historically had a clock eating offense, I don’t see LV’s offense getting a whole lot of opportunities to score sooooooo, I see this game being pretty low scoring and therefore, along with homefield advantage, I think LH will have a chance to win it, but they better not make any game changing mistakes. I’m thinking that this will be LV’s first time to play there, yes?

LHAG
10-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Because I think LV has a very good defense and because LH has historically had a clock eating offense, I don’t see LV’s offense getting a whole lot of opportunities to score sooooooo, I see this game being pretty low scoring and therefore, along with homefield advantage, I think LH will have a chance to win it, but they better not make any game changing mistakes. I’m thinking that this will be LV’s first time to play there, yes?

Yes (I believe). The first time I think they met was in the Regional quarter( or semi??) finals 2 years ago in a rain delayed game that went into overtime and La Vega won after a questionable interference call on 4th and long. I hate late flags by a ref who was nowhere near the action. Last year they beat LH at home. I don't recall the score but it was fairly decisive.

Putting the ball on the ground has hurt us and we can't afford that against a very good team.

LHPfactory
10-11-2017, 08:09 AM
La Vega by 28.

Slingshot and Bosqueville..... dang you really believe in La Vega this year and have written LH off.
The question is, Has La Vega been tested this season, truly tested ?
Tempers may erupt on Friday night, and im not talking about LH.

slingshot
10-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Slingshot and Bosqueville..... dang you really believe in La Vega this year and have written LH off.
Tempers may erupt on Friday night, and im not talking about LH.Just a gut feeling... don’t take it personally. I’m rooting for the Panthers. Hope y’all prove me wrong in a big way!

solocam
10-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Panther defense is weak,giving up lots of points ,LaVega by 24

LHPfactory
10-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Panther defense is weak,giving up lots of points ,LaVega by 24

La Vernia Scored 13 vs LH and have averaged 22 PPG this season
Brownwood scored 49 and have averaged 40 PPG this season
Calhoun scored 34 (vs LH Defense) and have averaged 29 (Atypical offense -trip opt)
Anderson Scored 20 and have averaged 22 vs 6A and 5A programs all season to include playing 6A ranked Smithson Valley.

La Vega has averaged 43 points per game vs 5 teams that all have losing records and all are in a smaller classification.....
Liberty Hill has averaged 48 points per game vs 4 teams, 3 that have winning records and one 6A that has a losing record. Half the teams were in same classification and the others were 5A and 6A.....

The math makes it interesting.... It may just add up to an upset...

panfan
10-11-2017, 11:25 AM
I really want to see LH win this one. Games I have seen indicates that while the offense can score and score often, it has not been tested against a potentially powerful defense. I wouldn't say LH defense is weak, but it has holes and from the sidelines I have seen too often the up the gut run go for six. If the middle linebackers can stay home and take care of what is coming out of the backfield, then that hole might be filled. Also, we have trouble wrapping up and tackling. I don't know what La Vega has in terms of RBs, but if we tackle they way we have been, it will be a long night.

Offense will have to maintain possession of the ball and eat the clock. If they can do that, minimize LaVegas opportunities to score offensively, and give LaVega zero opportunities to score defensively (by turning the ball over), then LH has a shot at an upset. I won't venture a score, just say I hope LH wins this one and proves to themselves they have what it takes to get through a very tough district.

Bosqueville
10-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Tempers may erupt on Friday night, and im not talking about LH.

Oh I have respect for LH. I think you beat China Spring by 2 TD’s or more. But LV has athletes for days most 4 year starters and they are primed for a run at that trophy. Anything can happen of course.

speedbump
10-11-2017, 12:03 PM
La Vega by 20+

LionFan72
10-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Pulling for Liberty Hill purple Panthers, think they may have an upset alert going off Friday, will be by less than a TD for sure!

LH Panther Mom
10-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Yes (I believe). The first time I think they met was in the Regional quarter( or semi??) finals 2 years ago in a rain delayed game that went into overtime and La Vega won after a questionable interference call on 4th and long. I hate late flags by a ref who was nowhere near the action. Last year they beat LH at home. I don't recall the score but it was fairly decisive.

Putting the ball on the ground has hurt us and we can't afford that against a very good team.

Don't forget at the end of regulation, it was tied at zero. (They didn't want any of us in 2007, so Robinson got us instead. ):eek:

Rocket Man
10-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Don't forget at the end of regulation, it was tied at zero. (They didn't want any of us in 2007, so Robinson got us instead. ):eek:

I was at that 2007 game; it was very one sided.....dammit. But we put y’all down in baseball.

regaleagle
10-13-2017, 01:38 AM
The first rule for upsetting a higher ranked team is for the team to be in accord that they have the ability and deep desire to win the game. Conceive it, Believe it, then go out and Achieve it!

greendawg84
10-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Give me Vega , but it will not be by 20+ ! Just dont think Da Hill has enough defense to hang with them .