PDA

View Full Version : El Campo (3-2), (1-1) vs Brazosport at Freeport (4-1, 1-0)

Scoop27
10-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Brazosport coming off a big 44-38 win over Sealy and Ricebirds coming off 37-34 loss to Needville
Should be a good game at Hopper Field

Saggy Aggie
10-08-2017, 03:50 PM
El campo by at least 14

speedbump
10-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Brazosport probably has more speed than any team in 4A. If their QB can throw a little,the Birds could find themselves in a Needville rerun. Lots of young players learned a lot last week (hopefully) Birds in a close one.

Crow22
10-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Brazosport probably has more speed than any team in 4A. If their QB can throw a little,the Birds could find themselves in a Needville rerun. Lots of young players learned a lot last week (hopefully) Birds in a close one.

More speed than anyone in 4A is a little overboard don't ya think?

signed,

WOS
Carthage
La Vega
Kennedale
Gilmer

speedbump
10-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Not overboard at all. 4x100 relay team ran 42.17 at the state meet last year. All four are back this year and at least three (maybe all 4) start for the Exporters.

Old Green
10-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Not overboard at all. 4x100 relay team ran 42.17 at the state meet last year. All four are back this year and at least three (maybe all 4) start for the Exporters.

Cuero ran 41.88 @ the state meet and has their guys back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slingshot
10-11-2017, 04:49 PM
cuero ran 41.88 @ the state meet and has their guys back Boom!!!

speedbump
10-11-2017, 05:45 PM

Cuero has three back. Brazosport all 4.

5. Cuero 41.88a
Jordan Whittington, Keyanta Mack, Claeveon Patton, Zy'trezeon Miles -- Miles was a Sr.

Boom!!! - To the other guy that doesn't do research.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2017, 05:57 PM
More speed than anyone in 4A is a little overboard don't ya think?

signed,

WOS
Carthage
La Vega
Kennedale
GilmerTrack relay team from 2017 none of those teams you just mention sent a 4x100 relay to state meet. Brazosport sent a relay team there along with Cuero.

slingshot
10-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Cuero has three back. Brazosport all 4.

5. Cuero 41.88a
Jordan Whittington, Keyanta Mack, Claeveon Patton, Zy'trezeon Miles -- Miles was a Sr.

Boom!!! - To the other guy that doesn't do research. Soooo... you define football team speed by who has the fastest sprint relay in track? Whatever 🙄. I seriously doubt anyone has better team speed than WOS...

speedbump
10-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Soooo... you define football team speed by who has the fastest sprint relay in track? Whatever ��. I seriously doubt anyone has better team speed than WOS...

I never said "football team speed" and I know the difference. Bport doesn't have the defensive team speed WOS has for sure ,but if you think Brazosport doesn't have as much break away speed as WOS on offense you're wrong. A team with 3 or 4 members of a state quality relay team has speed - period. If you don't prepare for it, it will beat you and the Ships won't care what you call it.

Crow22
10-12-2017, 09:13 AM

I never said they weren't fast. They are. But 4 guys compared to the other 7 that is required for football means that I would give the speed edge to those other schools I listed. I promise you there is not a faster 11 overall defensive group in 4A than WOS. Carthage and those other teams would be right there as well. Those teams have elite, ELITE team speed.

Crow22
10-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Track relay team from 2017 none of those teams you just mention sent a 4x100 relay to state meet. Brazosport sent a relay team there along with Cuero.

Team speed in football is not the same as a 4x100. That's 4 guys. 4....

Those teams I listed are most definitely faster overall. We ARE talking football, right? You know, 11 guys.

44INAROW
10-12-2017, 09:37 AM
:1popcorn::1popcorn:

speedbump
10-12-2017, 10:17 AM
:1popcorn::1popcorn:

Cuero only got 3 back and anyway they weren't on crows list so they can't possibly be one of the fastest out there. LOL

speedbump
10-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Team speed in football is not the same as a 4x100. That's 4 guys. 4....

Those teams I listed are most definitely faster overall. We ARE talking football, right? You know, 11 guys.

How do you know they are faster overall?

44INAROW
10-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Cuero only got 3 back and anyway they weren't on crows list so they can't possibly be one of the fastest out there. LOL

:crazy1:
I'm just reading.....and behaving

Crow22
10-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Haha....no disrespect to Cuero intended. It was an accidental omission. lol...

Cuero is very fast. They're very big and physical too.

Crow22
10-12-2017, 11:11 AM
How do you know they are faster overall?

Have you ever seen them play? I have. I have also seen Brazosport play this year. Again, they're very fast with 4-5 of their skill guys. But they do NOT compare to overall team speed of those that I listed. That's why each and every year those that I listed are playing in December.....and Brazosport is dribbling a basketball.

d0tc0m
10-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Have you ever seen them play? I have. I have also seen Brazosport play this year. Again, they're very fast with 4-5 of their skill guys. But they do NOT compare to overall team speed of those that I listed. That's why each and every year those that I listed are playing in December.....and Brazosport is dribbling a basketball.

That's not why.

Crow22
10-12-2017, 01:43 PM
That's not why.

So you're saying that great team speed isn't a factor in why those teams listed are deep in the playoffs every year? I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

d0tc0m
10-12-2017, 01:51 PM
So you're saying that great team speed isn't a factor in why those teams listed are deep in the playoffs every year? I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

LoL No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm addressing the blanket statement you made.

speedbump
10-12-2017, 04:13 PM

I was talking about pure physical speed,not team speed and not who winds up playing in Dec. If any one of BPs 4 guys gets a step or two on the defense I'm sure there is not a team in 4A with 4 guys that can catch him. Team speed is the sum of many parts not JUST speed. Good coaches throughout a good program and good disciplined athletes across the board,contribute as much or more than speed.

Braszosport doesn't mind dibbling. They dribbled all he way to the state championship game last year.

Scoop27
10-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Webcast-Pre game 7 p.m.-7:30 p.m. kickoff
www.kulpradio.com

44INAROW
10-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Webcast-Pre game 7 p.m.-7:30 p.m. kickoff
www.kulpradio.com

There you go Scoop - keep things on track :D

speedbump
10-12-2017, 06:13 PM
There you go Scoop - keep things on track :D

Don't say track !!

44INAROW
10-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Nice one Speedbump

Scoop27
10-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Sealy enjoyed success on throwing the ball last week against Brazosport. El Campo is not a throwing team and needs to make an adjustment in doing so to beat the Exporers. T his could be a high scoring game

speedbump
10-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Sealy enjoyed success on throwing the ball last week against Brazosport. El Campo is not a throwing team and needs to make an adjustment in doing so to beat the Exporers. T his could be a high scoring game

EC will have to keep the ball away from them and make that spreed go sideline to sideline when they do have the ball. The game probably will be decided by turnovers.

Crow22
10-13-2017, 06:17 AM
EC will have to keep the ball away from them and make that spreed go sideline to sideline when they do have the ball. The game probably will be decided by turnovers.

Sweeny just ran it right at Brazosport and nullified that incredible, unmatched, blazing speed to the tune of 35-7.

EC will do the same.

Dogs_21
10-13-2017, 06:48 AM
I thought the baskstball statement was funny coming that I have worked at Bport before. Actually their football succes is gaining because more of the basketball kids are coming out to play football now I heard. More of a basketball school so don’t use the basketball thing because the ships love basketball, most of their best athletes were one sport players for a while. Not saying they can beat these great schools listed in football just had to correct the basketball statement because it was funny, when you don’t know that they treat basketball like football over there. Go Ships rooting for ya!