PDA

View Full Version : Wood @ Wylie

BEAST
10-08-2017, 12:56 AM
This game is gonna be a good one. It’s a 3 team race for the DC this year. This game will start to tell the tale of which team will emerge. Not sure if Wylie is healthy or not. Either way I like our chances.

BEAST

slingshot
10-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Health remains to be seen. We do have our starting QB back. The bye week could not have come at a better time. Everyone on both teams knows how big this one is—if they can possibly play, they will. I honestly rate the teams even since ‘Wood has found it’s defense. I’ll give Wylie the slight edge playing in front of a capacity crowd at home.
28-24 ‘Dawgs.

briandumith*
10-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Wylie should win. Having said that. That young Brownwood quarterback it's quite good. He is very good and accurate when it comes to the long deep passes. He has a quick release and can make a decision about which receiver to go to very quickly as well. He impressed me. I believe it was only his second game as a starter when he played Graham. Did quite well. We underestimated him and that was almost a mistake. Having said all this. If brownwood's defense doesn't show up it won't matter anyway.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

slingshot
10-08-2017, 04:23 PM
This needs a poll...

jason
10-08-2017, 07:51 PM
With all the injuries, this one worth coming to?

slingshot
10-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Definitely. We will be healthier than at any point since the Lubbock Monterey game. Not sure about ‘Wood.
Always a good one when these two teams line up—kids know each other well and are generally very good friends. Very good, healthy rivalry.

BEAST
10-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Definitely. We will be healthier than at any point since the Lubbock Monterey game. Not sure about ‘Wood.
Always a good one when these two teams line up—kids know each other well and are generally very good friends. Very good, healthy rivalry.

As far as I know, we should be close to 100%. This one is gonna be a really good game. I honestly think we will leave with a W. Not disrespecting the Dawgs. Just feel like we are about to get on a role. Our young team has battled a tough non-district and injuries. Can’t wait.

BEAST

regaleagle
10-09-2017, 02:15 AM
I think it's extremely difficult to gauge this year's Wylie team with the injuries sustained by key personnel. The very close loss to Denison could have gone Wylie's way. The game against Argyle.....just not a good barometer with all their injuries at that time......probably wouldn't have mattered in the final outcome anyway. They did have size, depth, and athleticism across the field.....but just did not play well against Argyle. Not sure of Brownwood's speed at the skill positions.....I will assume it is good. If so, this could become problematic for the Wylie D secondary, IMHO. Just depends on how accurate the Brownwood qb is and if he can throw accurately on the move. Is he a pocket passer, or will he tuck it and run also???

regaleagle
10-09-2017, 02:38 AM
Wylie's two losses came against two very good football teams this season......5A Denison(4-1) and Argyle(5-0). In every other game they have won handily......and the loss to Denison was without being at full strength because of the injuries. They lost that one 24-23. I've gotta believe Wylie will be ready this week for Brownwood.....just not sure how the Lions defense will perform in Week 7. I think Brownwood has the better offense and Wylie the better defense......but potent offenses can be greatly limited by really good defenses. The game is a big one and in Wylie......looks like Brownwood better bring their "A" game, Huh?

d0tc0m
10-09-2017, 08:03 AM
This ought to be a fun one. Bulldog Stadium will be packed and will be rocking. Wylie is tough, and Sandifer's boys always play very hard-hitting football. But I just don't know if the Bulldogs have enough this year to take down Brownwood. I think it's close, really close. But, I think the Lions prevail and get a firm 10-and-2 grip on the steering wheel of District 3.

slingshot
10-09-2017, 08:51 AM
I’ve thought all along that district would be a dog fight to the finish between Brownwood, Stephenville and Wylie. Nothing has changed and no one team has shown to be head and shoulders better than the others.
Brownwood and Stephenville’s Sr classes have pretty much owned our Sr class since 7th grade... but we all know that Varsity is a different animal. It’s how you blend Soph-Sr classes and not many do that better come district time than Coach Sandifer. That’s why we've owned this district since 2011. It will be MUCH tougher this year but I like our chances to make it 7 in a row...

BEAST
10-09-2017, 08:36 PM
I think it's extremely difficult to gauge this year's Wylie team with the injuries sustained by key personnel. The very close loss to Denison could have gone Wylie's way. The game against Argyle.....just not a good barometer with all their injuries at that time......probably wouldn't have mattered in the final outcome anyway. They did have size, depth, and athleticism across the field.....but just did not play well against Argyle. Not sure of Brownwood's speed at the skill positions.....I will assume it is good. If so, this could become problematic for the Wylie D secondary, IMHO. Just depends on how accurate the Brownwood qb is and if he can throw accurately on the move. Is he a pocket passer, or will he tuck it and run also???

Brownwood has excellent speed at the skill positions. And the Qb, he’s as good on the run as he is in the pocket.

BEAST

BEAST
10-09-2017, 08:39 PM
I’ve thought all along that district would be a dog fight to the finish between Brownwood, Stephenville and Wylie. Nothing has changed and no one team has shown to be head and shoulders better than the others.
Brownwood and Stephenville’s Sr classes have pretty much owned our Sr class since 7th grade... but we all know that Varsity is a different animal. It’s how you blend Soph-Sr classes and not many do that better come district time than Coach Sandifer. That’s why we've owned this district since 2011. It will be MUCH tougher this year but I like our chances to make it 7 in a row...

Our Jr class has never lost to Wylie. But you’re correct, it’s a lot different when it’s on Friday night. I like our chances but know full well this will be a battle.

BEAST

slingshot
10-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Mods—can you add a poll?

sk1
10-10-2017, 07:38 AM
I'll try and add a poll

sk1
10-10-2017, 07:41 AM
Here You Go!
Happy Voting!

Sville
10-10-2017, 09:26 AM
I think Wylie will win by 2 TDs for the reasons RegalEagle already stated. I believe the DC will come down to the last game of the regular season when Sville and Wylie face off.

BwdLions
10-10-2017, 11:11 AM
28-21 Lions

BEAST
10-11-2017, 11:02 PM
For whatever reason I can’t see the poll. Don’t really care though. Brownwood is gonna win this one. I’ll make a score prediction Friday.

BEAST

hollywood
10-12-2017, 10:53 AM
As tough as it is to play AW at home, in any sport for that matter, I'm hoping the Lions can prevail. Whatever the outcome, it's going to be a battle. With Wylie healthier now than they have been since Monterey, they are the favorite to win at home. Wylie 7+ ... but hoping for a miracle Wood victory! Anything can happen.. go earn the win Lions so that the Jackets can humble them next week! :taunt:

slingshot
10-12-2017, 11:23 AM
As tough as it is to play AW at home, in any sport for that matter, I'm hoping the Lions can prevail. Whatever the outcome, it's going to be a battle. With Wylie healthier now than they have been since Monterey, they are the favorite to win at home. Wylie 7+ ... but hoping for a miracle Wood victory! Anything can happen.. go earn the win Lions so that the Jackets can humble them next week! :taunt:Where do Wood and Ville play?

jason
10-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Where do Wood and Ville play?
@ brownwood next week

slingshot
10-12-2017, 12:50 PM
@ brownwood next week

I could honestly see a 3 way tie...

briandumith*
10-12-2017, 01:11 PM
I am glad to see this game getting the buzz it should...

jason
10-12-2017, 01:27 PM
I could honestly see a 3 way tie...
you never know - big spring or snyder might surprise one of them!!

LionFan72
10-12-2017, 01:34 PM
you never know - big spring or snyder might surprise one of them!!

Know? That is a laugher cowboy!

LionFan72
10-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Gonna be a good ole fashion neighborhood rough-housing, the winner will win district; the loser will place 2nd. Lions have the best overall chance to escape Wylie this year with a win, even with home field advantage! Safe travels, and the last one out turn out the lights!

slingshot
10-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Can’t wait!

briandumith*
10-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Boys bess pull back on this district title chant..... Stephenville left the Graham Game hurt. But they came in a champ and gave us a ton of sting.... played us a lot harder then the wood... If they get healthy... somebody might be singing a different tune in a week or two..

hollywood
10-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Boys bess pull back on this district title chant..... Stephenville left the Graham Game hurt. But they came in a champ and gave us a ton of sting.... played us a lot harder then the wood... If they get healthy... somebody might be singing a different tune in a week or two..

Truth hurts but truth prevails brian... hence the silence. ;);)

BEAST
10-13-2017, 05:19 PM
Truth hurts but truth prevails brian... hence the silence. ;);)

One game at a time bro. It’s Wylie this week. Next week will get her soon enough.

BEAST

BEAST
10-13-2017, 07:54 PM
End of 1st
Wood 0
Wylie 0

BEAST
10-13-2017, 08:04 PM
7:41 left in the second.

Wood 7
Wylie 0

BEAST
10-13-2017, 08:10 PM
7:25 left in 2nd
Wood 7
Wylie 7

BEAST
10-13-2017, 08:19 PM
3:26 left in 2nd
Wood 14
Wylie 7

BEAST
10-13-2017, 08:27 PM
1:10 left in 2
Wood 14
Wylie 14

Ville-D
10-13-2017, 08:33 PM
halftime

BEAST
10-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Half

BEAST
10-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Wood 21
Wylie 14
8:14 left in the 3rd

Tejastrue
10-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Nm...

BEAST
10-13-2017, 09:18 PM
5:32 left in 3
Wood 21
Wylie 17

BEAST
10-13-2017, 09:28 PM
2:51 left in 3
Wood 21
Wylie 24

BEAST
10-13-2017, 09:31 PM
Wood 28
Wylie 24

2:32 left in 3

BEAST
10-13-2017, 09:32 PM
And Wylie has upped their game on the refs. My lord!!

BwdLion73
10-13-2017, 09:33 PM
It's a stem winder ;)

BEAST
10-13-2017, 09:37 PM
End of 3rd

BEAST
10-13-2017, 09:51 PM
6:19 left in the game
Wood 28
Wylie 31

BEAST
10-13-2017, 10:10 PM
:05 left.
Wylie 31
Wood 28

Wood to attempt a 45 yard FG

BEAST
10-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Good. OT here we come.

BEAST
10-13-2017, 10:21 PM
Neither teams score in 1st OT. On to the 2nd

BEAST
10-13-2017, 10:23 PM
Wylie score on their possession
38-31 Wylie. Our turn to get the ball

BEAST
10-13-2017, 10:26 PM
Brownwood answers.
38-38
On to the 3rd OT

jason
10-13-2017, 10:26 PM
Neither teams score in 1st OT. On to the 2ndhow did neither team score?!?

Bosqueville
10-13-2017, 10:28 PM
how did neither team score?!?

Both missed FG

BEAST
10-13-2017, 10:35 PM
Wylie wins in triple OT.
44-38. Congrats Wylie on the win. The refs....

wyliefan
10-13-2017, 10:43 PM
Wylie wins in triple OT.

Great game from both teams. Hard fought with nothing being left on the field.

clcannon17
10-13-2017, 10:44 PM
Wylie wins in triple OT.

The refs at Wylie are always annoying. No real need to complain. What I want to know is what is the deal with the clock, specifically towards the end of the second quarter.
Running the clock while a Wylie player is showing signs of being hurt and running it before the chains after a first down was set.

Bad calls happen, bad clock management should not.

LionFan72
10-13-2017, 11:01 PM
The game is over, congrats to Wylie on a great game, congrats to the Lions for making it a great game. I think some heads will pop tonight! Too bad there was a loser, but I see a return trip to Angelo in the near future! Heads up boys, the Stinkers are coming down ole 377, they will leave with their stinkers broke off!

clcannon17
10-13-2017, 11:03 PM
I agree, just needed to vent. Regardless, bwd had plenty of shots to win. Starting to see alot of heart in this team. Will be needed next week.

slingshot
10-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Very entertaining game... told you guys this one was a toss up.
Impressions:
Brownwood is very talented, very big across both lines, I honestly think if they had just lined up and ran Jefferson right at us all night they would have won the game. QB is dangerous running or throwing, have a very good (but under utilized) TB in Jefferson, good CB’s and safeties. Hamstrung somewhat by lack of discipline—way too many dumb penalties, really hurt them in this game.
Wylie is down talent wise compared to teams of the last 6 years. They are not down heart wise... could have folded several times in this game but kept their composure and kept grinding. O-line initially got dominated by BWD, didn’t really start moving the ball until we started running off tackle and mixing in some clutch passes. Late in the game BWD’s D-line finally got tired and started standing up on the snap, then our small, quick backs started busting some runs. Wylie made a lot of huge mistakes—BWD nearly won the game because of them.
Refs were absolutely horrible—for both teams. Still don’t understand the flag(s) picked up on the BWD KO return TD... absolutely blatant tackle of Grant in the middle of the field that everyone in the stadium saw...
Anyway, both teams played their hearts out and absolutely left it on the field tonight. Good game between two very evenly matched squads at a packed house that goes to triple OT. Not a better way to spend a Friday night that I know of!

clcannon17
10-13-2017, 11:43 PM
Impressions:
Brownwood is very talented, very big across both lines, I honestly think if they had just lined up and ran Jefferson right at us all night they would have won the game. QB is dangerous running or throwing, have a very good (but under utilized) TB in Jefferson, good CB’s and safeties. Hamstrung somewhat by lack of discipline—way too many dumb penalties, really hurt them in this game.
Wylie is down talent wise compared to teams of the last 6 years. They are not down heart wise... could have folded several times in this game but kept their composure and kept grinding. O-line initially got dominated by BWD, didn’t really start moving the ball until we started running off tackle and mixing in some clutch passes. Late in the game BWD’s D-line finally got tired and started standing up on the snap, then our small, quick backs started busting some runs. Wylie made a lot of huge mistakes—BWD nearly won the game because of them.
Refs were absolutely horrible—for both teams. Still don’t understand the flag(s) picked up on the BWD KO return TD... absolutely blatant tackle of Grant in the middle of the field that everyone in the stadium saw...
Anyway, both teams played their hearts out and absolutely left it on the field tonight. Good game between two very evenly matched squads at a packed house that goes to triple OT. Not a better way to spend a Friday night that I know of!

The Wylie player dragged him down from what we saw.

slingshot
10-14-2017, 12:24 AM
The Wylie player dragged him down from what we saw.Different vantage points I guess... we’ll just have to agree it was a very entertaining game that neither team wanted to lose.

clcannon17
10-14-2017, 12:29 AM
:2thumbsup:

Bad news is if we beat the Ville I have to root for them to beat ya'll to get a share of that crown. :ack!:

ccmom
10-14-2017, 12:37 AM
:2thumbsup:

Bad news is if we beat the Ville I have to root for them to beat ya'll to get a share of that crown. :ack!:

Haha that might require some medication for Brownwood folks to do!! Ack!!

What a great (and exhausting) game!! Plenty of mistakes and questionable calls for/against both teams...but lots of fight and grit by both teams too!! Somebody had to leave heartbroken.

Still scratching my head about Brownwood holding on to timeouts with the ball at the end of the first half. That was interesting.

Good luck to Brownwood going forward.

LionFan72
10-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Man O Man, what a game, 3 OT, stands full of cheering fans, holding our breaths! This is what TEXAS High school is all about! Excitement!!! Life is full of disappointments, yes someone has to lose; but it is what you learn from losing that makes you great. The Lions will have to get up off the mat, and face a good Ville team, but I think Brownwood will get up off the mat with Pride dripping from their claws! Kids have a lot of heart and talent. Good luck to both teams, see you down the road. I can see a November rematch coming!

BEAST
10-14-2017, 09:10 AM
Haha that might require some medication for Brownwood folks to do!! Ack!!

What a great (and exhausting) game!! Plenty of mistakes and questionable calls for/against both teams...but lots of fight and grit by both teams too!! Somebody had to leave heartbroken.

Still scratching my head about Brownwood holding on to timeouts with the ball at the end of the first half. That was interesting.

Good luck to Brownwood going forward.

I was wondering about the timeouts also. Head scratcher.

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
10-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Impressions:

FWIW - your own radio guys said after watching the "the Jumbotron" that picking up the flags looked like the right call.

slingshot
10-14-2017, 11:45 PM
FWIW - your own radio guys said after watching the "the Jumbotron" that picking up the flags looked like the right call. I was a lot closer than they were... not that it matters now. The hold (tackle?) by the return team was well away from the play but it was on probably the fastest kid on the field. Either way that was a tremendous kickoff return by the BWD kid. The game was really won by Wylie's defense--did not allow a second half offensive point by the Lions until the last play of regulation on the clutch 45 yard FG. Their two TD's in the 2nd half were on the KO return and a pick 6...... Now on to week 2 of district.