PDA

View Full Version : New Sherrif in Town!!!!

cowboyandchrist
09-30-2017, 06:52 PM
I have not seen them play,, but I know they have played three pretty good football teams and totally dominated them.
Pleasant Grove better known as PG.
Some on here may have seen or know something about them.
I know they run the same type of offense that Liberty Hill won their state championships with and they have a very good defense.
What you say.

WOS87
09-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Will they beat Gilmer?

Aggie98
09-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Will they beat Gilmer?

At the rate that Gilmer is giving up points... I'd say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedbump
09-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Will they beat Gilmer?

If their D is the real thing they should win going away.

d0tc0m
09-30-2017, 08:10 PM
I have not seen them play,, but I know they have played three pretty good football teams and totally dominated them.
Pleasant Grove better known as PG.
Some on here may have seen or know something about them.
I know they run the same type of offense that Liberty Hill won their state championships with and they have a very good defense.
What you say.

Splitting hairs here a bit, but PG runs the wing-T. Liberty Hill won back-to-back titles with the slot-T offense.

Dawgs
09-30-2017, 09:57 PM
From all accounts PG defense is for real. They have throttled teams so far. They just totally dominated LE, a team that gave Gilmer all they wanted. LE also gave Carthage a game, and scored 38 points on the Dawgs. 1 TD was in garbage time, but still. PG beat them 51-14. PG forced 6 turnovers in the game. They play Gilmer in a couple of weeks. But right now going off of what we know about both teams, PG has to be the favorite as crazy as that sounds. DII should be on notice IMO.

Wayne
10-01-2017, 09:59 AM
I believe PG has everyone in 4a attention

lostaussie
10-01-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm not seeing much to give me hope. To be honest, the best game we have played was the one we lost. PG is hungry. I think we have lost that.

WOS87
10-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Slot-T you say? :ears perk up:

lostaussie
10-01-2017, 04:09 PM
Slot-T you say? :ears perk up:

It has less to do with them and more to do with us. You on the other hand.......should probably worry about the task at hand. I believe you got your own problems this week.

WOS87
10-01-2017, 06:30 PM
We don’t have to worry about Kdale in the playoffs.

d0tc0m
10-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Will they beat Gilmer?

They certainly look capable of it right now. If they come out and beat the Buckeyes in two weeks, I'd have to say the Hawks are the legitimate favorite to win Region II.

waterboy
10-02-2017, 11:33 AM
If we play like we have been, the Hawks will beat us. I don't think it'll be a blowout for either team unless turnovers are aplenty. Pleasant Grove looks focused, disciplined, and hungry. If we don't play with that same kind of intensity we will get beat.

If we don't get better, there's a possibility that we might get beat more than once in district play.