PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale (4-0) vs West Orange-Stark (3-0) @ Nacogdoches

WOS87
09-29-2017, 10:24 PM
WO-S pulled out to a 38-0 lead last year and won 45-21. The Slot-T/Wing-T is the most common offense WO-S has faced so they know how to defend it. Kennedale is peaking and WO-S is rebuilding. WO-S has a 30 game winning streak going and they have a major target on their backs. Who will win?

toddg
09-30-2017, 01:31 AM
Kennedale is better than they were in POs last year, their offense is as efficient as I've ever seen them this early..and I've seen them a lot! Their defense is solid front to back.. and they can pass! Should be a really good game this time around. I saw some new wrinkles in their O scheme, taking advantage of their OLine experience and size I suppose. I haven't seen WOS play since the SC, so really hard for me to predict this game.

King-Kat
09-30-2017, 01:59 AM
By all indications, this should be a battle for the ages. Last year Kennedale lost to Whitehouse 31-21, Tonight Kennedale won 56-13. White house returned 17 starters from last year. Carthage beat Whitehouse this season 42-20 and they are ranked first in State. I know common opponents mean nothing but from a numbers stand point that's a pretty good difference. WOS is in a rebuilding season (if they rebuild or reload I'm not sure). This years Kennedale team is fast as usual and heavy Senior Laden. In this area I see a lot of Kennedale and can only read about WOS. There tradition of winning and their winning streak are great motivators. These two extreme powerhouses should put on a show that makes Texas High School Football look like they are heads above other States regardless of classification (which Texas does have the best High School Football period.) No prediction of a winner or loser as both are winners, one team will just score less than the other on this night. Hope all stay injury free and lets get ready for a royal rumble!!

regaleagle
09-30-2017, 02:07 AM
Great post King-Kat from a very benevolent fan that carries the banner for Kennedale on this site with class. I think just about everybody in 4A highly respects Kennedale as a top program......they are very competitive and sometimes get left out of the discussions of top teams when it is not warranted. I have at times failed to mention Kennedale in some of my posts......not intentionally. Argyle is very aware of the quality of football Kennedale plays......I would not be at all surprised to see the Wildcats go undefeated in the regular season and win their region in the playoffs.....just sayin'. I applaud both teams for scheduling this game.

regaleagle
09-30-2017, 02:11 AM
Looks like Kennedale is averaging a mere 56 pts/game and allowing 13.......against some decent competition. I'd say they are very worthy of a very high ranking.

WOS87
09-30-2017, 03:14 AM
WOS hasn’t given up three defensive TDs in a game since Kennedale last year, and Robinson was the only other one to get two, This will be a battle. Silsbee scored on a punt return and a 46 yd FG for 10 of their points tonight.

WOS87
09-30-2017, 03:27 AM
Looks like Kennedale is averaging a mere 56 pts/game and allowing 13.......against some decent competition. I'd say they are very worthy of a very high ranking.

Navarro had better stats than that with a 14-0 record last year and lost 49-6. Just saying.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2017, 04:39 AM
Navarro had better stats than that with a 14-0 record last year and lost 49-6. Just saying.

Last year does not matter

WOS87
09-30-2017, 04:50 AM
Last year does not matter

To some extent it kinda does

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2017, 04:51 AM
To some extent it kinda does

Please explain

WOS87
09-30-2017, 05:01 AM
nah... we’re gonna lose. We always suck when we have a target on us.

Dawgs
09-30-2017, 05:14 AM
I am very interested in this game. Very impressive win for Kennedale against WH. Whitehouse is not a bad team. I did see somebody compare the Carthage scores, but you have to remember Carthage never beats teams badly. Carthage came out in the 3rd quarter, put up 21 points and was done. Starters were out at the end of the 3rd when the score was 42-20. Even with Carthage putting up 600 yards, I still came away thinking Whitehouse was at least an average 5a team. So to me this shows me that Kennedale is for real. WOS struggled a little bit with Silsbee after beating them 51-2 last year. Seems WOS has dropped off a little bit, and Kennedale is up. So this should be a heck of a game. I think the thing that might give WOS the advantage is that they see so many teams that run the same offense. Kennedale's opponents being in the DFW region don't see this offense as much, and when you have a team as good as Kennedale executing this offense against teams that aren't used to defending it the scores can get lopsided. This game is going to tell us a lot about both. For some reason I think Kennedale is a juggernaut this year. I am taking them in this one to break WOS 30 game win streak. But I would not be surprised one bit to see WOS beat them handily. Just something about WOS the last couple of years. Those boys won't lose!

cowboyandchrist
09-30-2017, 08:04 AM
Just a reminder, Carthage pulled staters in the 3rd quarter against Whitehouse. Carthage never have and never will run up a score. Coach S will not allow that to happen. Whitehouse is a good 5A team and my hat is off to Kennedale. Y’all were good last year and sounds like you are better this year. I say y’all beat WOS this year.

Bosqueville
09-30-2017, 08:36 AM
WOS goes down by 12

toddg
09-30-2017, 11:49 AM
Will not matter how much WOS has seen the wingT..they have a really big, really physical, and very experienced OLine, 3 backs that can take it yard on any play, and a QB, that can pass, and they do pass this year, and he can run too. He really developed last year, played exceptional going 5 rounds deep last year. They will run straight up veer, and midline, and execute traps, tunnels, and sweeps with power. The wildcat D is playing well, very stout, and quick front 7, with the best defensive backfield they have had in some time. The one thing that struck me, was their Discipline this year. It will be hard for any team to beat this years Kennedale team..this game with WOS, will be epic, and tell us a lot about both teams! Kennedale is my favorite to win region 2, and probably result in a showdown with clear region 1 favorite Argyle.

AggiesAreWe
09-30-2017, 03:21 PM
WOS hasn’t given up three defensive TDs in a game since Kennedale last year, and Robinson was the only other one to get two, This will be a battle. Silsbee scored on a punt return and a 46 yd FG for 10 of their points tonight.

For the record, it was an 88 yard kick off return, not a punt return. Also, it happened to be one of the fastest players in the state in Baylor commit and defending 100 and 200 meter state champion Kalon Barnes. Ran 10.2 in 100 meters to break 4A state record.

Silsbee had real good chances last night to score more points, didn't capitalize.

Wish this game was Saturday in Nac. Would love to come up and catch this one.

Still got WO-S winning but it will be close.

WOS87
09-30-2017, 06:07 PM
For the record, it was an 88 yard kick off return, not a punt return. Also, it happened to be one of the fastest players in the state in Baylor commit and defending 100 and 200 meter state champion Kalon Barnes. Ran 10.2 in 100 meters to break 4A state record.

Silsbee had real good chances last night to score more points, didn't capitalize.

Wish this game was Saturday in Nac. Would love to come up and catch this one.

Still got WO-S winning but it will be close.

My bad Mike. Thanks for the support I think? Silsbee had how many chances last year to capitalize? I lost count after so many goal-line stands. Just Mustang luck I’m sure.

PurplePop
09-30-2017, 09:15 PM
It's all about D. Kennedale may be clicking on O but WOS is always clicking on D. I can't see Kennedale getting more than 21. How good is Kennedale's D? That's the question? Can they hold WOS to less than 21?

toddg
09-30-2017, 09:20 PM
It's all about D. Kennedale may be clicking on O but WOS is always clicking on D. I can't see Kennedale getting more than 21. How good is Kennedale's D? That's the question? Can they hold WOS to less than 21?
Kennedale's Defense is solid front to back

WOS87
09-30-2017, 09:28 PM
That’s what Navarro said last year. Also... Silsbee ain’t bad. They came very close to beating Carthage last year and are better this year. It will be a game that WOS is most definitely scared of and I’ll leave it at that. First time we’ve been underdogs in 3 years. As long as no one gets hurt it will help both teams whatever the outcome. The way our games usually go is the other team looks good for the first however many minutes they can keep up but they eventually get tired and then we pounce. Once we get 2 scores ahead on a Whatever T offense you can’t just run out the clock or catch up. It’s very one dimensional. So if it works it works but if it doesn’t you’re screwed.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2017, 10:02 PM
That’s what Navarro said last year. Also... Silsbee ain’t bad. They came very close to beating Carthage last year and are better this year. It will be a game that WOS is most definitely scared of and I’ll leave it at that. First time we’ve been underdogs in 3 years. As long as no one gets hurt it will help both teams whatever the outcome. The way our games usually go is the other team looks good for the first however many minutes they can keep up but they eventually get tired and then we pounce. Once we get 2 scores ahead on a Whatever T offense you can’t just run out the clock or catch up. It’s very one dimensional. So if it works it works but if it doesn’t you’re screwed.

Who is calling WO-S underdogs? Come on now man you are being defensive like people are doubting them or something lol.

Tejastrue
09-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Shades of ESPN....:wave:

PurplePop
09-30-2017, 10:11 PM

I'm basically saying the T won't work when I predict 21 at most by Kennedale. Been there done that with WOS.

toddg
09-30-2017, 10:13 PM
This isn't the week 6 2016 Kennedale...this is a better 2016 semi-final Kennedale..better defensively, and even better offensively..without Browning..go figure!!!😎

toddg
09-30-2017, 10:20 PM
I'm basically saying the T won't work when I predict 21 at most by Kennedale. Been there done that with WOS.you're right, when ran with avg. to above avg OLines, and ok RBs...Kennedale's OLine is among the biggest, and best, from tackle to tackle, and TE in 4A..if not THE best.
and they trot out a trio of really good RBs

PurplePop
09-30-2017, 10:46 PM
you're right, when ran with avg. to above avg OLines, and ok RBs...Kennedale's OLine is among the biggest, and best, from tackle to tackle, and TE in 4A..if not THE best.
and they trot out a trio of really good RBs

I watched the Kennedale-Whitehouse highlights on MaxPreps. Whitehouse was clueless against the Slot-T. We would have scored 35 on them at least. And, Kennedale looked like they had one really good RB and two above avg. ones. And, their O-line doesn't look much different than ours. Unless WOS's HC retired, they will shut down Kennedale Friday night.

toddg
09-30-2017, 10:57 PM
I watched the Kennedale-Whitehouse highlights on MaxPreps. Whitehouse was clueless against the Slot-T. We would have scored 35 on them at least. And, Kennedale looked like they had one really good RB and two above avg. ones. And, their O-line doesn't look much different than ours. Unless WOS's HC retired, they will shut down Kennedale Friday night.
Whitehouse returned 17 starters from the team that beat Kennedale pretty good last year..I haven't seen Navarro's OLine in person, but I have seen Kennedale's, my sons seen them up close, and my sons are not Little guys

WOS87
09-30-2017, 11:17 PM
Either Kennedale will overpower us and run it down our throats or they won’t. If we force you to punt or go for it on 4th down you lose. We all shall see. WOS will be ready. Just a reminder... 38-0 WOS last year before we pulled starters. We’ve seen you.

speedbump
09-30-2017, 11:40 PM
Who is calling WO-S underdogs? Come on now man you are being defensive like people are doubting them or something lol.

PSPrep will have WOS about 9 point dogs this week.

WOS87
09-30-2017, 11:45 PM
We much prefer being underdogs if you know me at all. Gilmer, Carthage and Celina are the teams known for pulling it out against all odds. Neither WOS nor Kennedale are known for that lol although we did upset a few #1 teams (Hi Giddings and Aldine MacArthur). I will be quite toasty this Friday if anyone wants to be my designated driver.

db1980
10-01-2017, 07:31 AM
Game at nac high or homer Bryce? Sorry if I missed those details

PurplePop
10-01-2017, 08:26 AM
I haven't seen Kennedale's passing game. The way WOS defends the slot-T, they are vulnerable to the pass. But you can't run any slow developing routes. You can't do anything slow against WOS. Not saying we had success with the pass. There's no time for 5 step drops.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Either Kennedale will overpower us and run it down our throats or they won’t. If we force you to punt or go for it on 4th down you lose. We all shall see. WOS will be ready. Just a reminder... 38-0 WOS last year before we pulled starters. We’ve seen you.Navarro had the ability to pass out of that formation during the season but WOS was to quick for the qb to setup and throw if i recall from seeing the game on webcast. WOS defense still as quick all around it'll be like last season WOS will be to much for that type of offense to do anything.

WOS offense not sure about with how Kennedale is suppose to be solid front to back so i'll give that to what i'm seeing posted and say WOS 31 Kennedale 7

PurplePop
10-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Navarro had the ability to pass out of that formation during the season but WOS was to quick for the qb to setup and throw if i recall from seeing the game on webcast. WOS defense still as quick all around it'll be like last season WOS will be to much for that type of offense to do anything.

WOS offense not sure about with how Kennedale is suppose to be solid front to back so i'll give that to what i'm seeing posted and say WOS 31 Kennedale 7

I think Kennedale will get more than 7. They are big, fast and senior laden. I'd put the final at WOS 31 Kennedale 21. And, with Kennedale's speed, WOS is vulnerable against the pass if the Kennedale coach game plans for WOS's D and doesn't just run his usual pass plays. It's really all about coaching. Kennedale has comparable athletes to WOS.

GUNHO
10-01-2017, 03:59 PM
There is certainly a drop off at WO-S this year.The offense I would say is down 2-3 touchdowns per game and the defense is giving up points it normally wouldn't.Silsbee gave us a good test as they matched our speed and hang in there until late...a team we blew out last year.Kennedle is a lot better than Silsbee I think.We will have to step it up to get out with a win.

toddg
10-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Game at nac high or homer Bryce? Sorry if I missed those details

Dragon Stadium

solocam
10-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Musyangs by 17

toddg
10-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Full circle for Ktown QB Jowers, last year against WOS was his 2nd start as a soph. for the wildcats.

WOS87
10-02-2017, 12:08 AM
There is certainly a drop off at WO-S this year.The offense I would say is down 2-3 touchdowns per game and the defense is giving up points it normally wouldn't.Silsbee gave us a good test as they matched our speed and hang in there until late...a team we blew out last year.Kennedle is a lot better than Silsbee I think.We will have to step it up to get out with a win.

Fun fact: WOS won every game last year by 24 points or more ‘cept for Sweetwater. We gave all 16 opponents their worst game of the season score-wise. That hasn’t happened ever. 2-3 tds down works for me compared to last year.

GUNHO
10-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Scoring less points and giving up a few more makes the playoffs a little more interesting this year. I think this game with Kennedale will put a lot of things in perspective.At least for the moment.I look for WO-S to be much improved by playoff time though.

Gsquared
10-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Rubbing my hands together, for this one.....

lostaussie
10-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Rubbing my hands together, for this one.....

I'm trying to figure out how to get there!!!

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2017, 06:55 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to get there!!!

https://youtu.be/hFCAdjLYYnI

toddg
10-03-2017, 08:21 AM
Kennedale is actually 4-0, they didn't have a week 1 game.

coach
10-03-2017, 08:26 AM
It is our bye week. They asked me to work the game. I told them only if I get to bring a cooler.... They told me shortly after they found someone else.

Txbroadcaster
10-03-2017, 08:52 AM
It is our bye week. They asked me to work the game. I told them only if I get to bring a cooler.... They told me shortly after they found someone else.

You would be great for our show.

coach
10-03-2017, 09:43 AM
You would be great for our show.

I have always wanted to get into radio. Not many know this, but my minor is in Communication.

Txbroadcaster
10-03-2017, 09:50 AM
I have always wanted to get into radio. Not many know this, but my minor is in Communication.

I went back to college to teach and coach but fell in love with R-TV

coach
10-03-2017, 09:51 AM
I went back to college to teach and coach but fell in love with R-TV

Radio will be my back up plan whenever I get fired or hit a kid....

WOS87
10-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Kennedale is actually 4-0, they didn't have a week 1 game.

I just went by what Kennedale themselves said.. They said 5-0 in their own newspaper but you’re right.

http://kennedalenews.com/week-five-ap-top-ten-a-results-p5716-181.htm

WOS87
10-04-2017, 02:45 PM
http://m.orangeleader.com/2017/10/04/mustangs-face-stern-test-with-kennedale/

toddg
10-05-2017, 01:56 AM
http://m.orangeleader.com/2017/10/04/mustangs-face-stern-test-with-kennedale/

Very good article, both teams need this game..weaknesses will be exposed, win or lose, both will benefit.

Wayne
10-05-2017, 06:08 AM
This game is by far the game of the week. I think the streak WOS has going will come to an end and Kennedale will win by 3

lostaussie
10-05-2017, 01:23 PM
I believe (and that means nothing), that to be the man you got to beat the man. Kennedale seems to be the "cool" pick on the pick boards this week, but I'm not a believer .......yet. That streak means something to them kids. I believe it goes to 31 this week.

coach
10-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Y'all have fun Friday night. I hope our facilities are nice enough and everyone working welcomes you guys. I am sure they will. I want to go to this game really bad, but this is my first weekend off since July and I want to visit some family back in Fairfield, America.

Gsquared
10-05-2017, 03:44 PM
I believe (and that means nothing), that to be the man you got to beat the man. Kennedale seems to be the "cool" pick on the pick boards this week, but I'm not a believer .......yet. That streak means something to them kids. I believe it goes to 31 this week.
Im a FIRM believer in Kennedale after getting a look at what they have against LaVega in their scrimmage BUT, I go with your school of thought, if you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man. That's why im going with the Stangs in a doozie.

toddg
10-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Im a FIRM believer in Kennedale after getting a look at what they have against LaVega in their scrimmage BUT, I go with your school of thought, if you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man. That's why im going with the Stangs in a doozie.

Then you're not a FIRM believer, you're an ELASTIC believer in Kennedale..this isn't oct.2016, Kennedale isn't breaking in a new sophomore QB..is WOS as good as last year? I know Kennedale is way better than they were this time last year. Does WOS have a top notch passing attack? cause you won't make a living running on Kennedale..unless you can run between the tackles with power. Wish I could make this game, will be a great one!

speedbump
10-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Been trying to figure this one out but just can't pick a winner. So I flipped coin and watched it roll in a big circle and finally stick in crack. Decided darts would be the way to go. Stuck pictures of the helmets on the wall and promptly stabbed a snow covered peak in the painting about two feet to the right. FINALLY the solution !! Put them in a hat and pulled out "inspected by #32". To hell with it.

lostaussie
10-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Been trying to figure this one out but just can't pick a winner. So I flipped coin and watched it roll in a big circle and finally stick in crack. Decided darts would be the way to go. Stuck pictures of the helmets on the wall and promptly stabbed a snow covered peak in the painting about two feet to the right. FINALLY the solution !! Put them in a hat and pulled out "inspected by #32". To hell with it.
Lmao. It's not like I'm pulling for either. I don't have a dog in the hunt. Streaks are made to be broken.....and it will. Just not this week.

And it was kinda funny........until you pulled the inspection sticker. Then it was real funny:D

Rocket Man
10-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Well, it’s put up or shut up day. God go with all the travelers today. Although I’m a traveling man, unfortunately, I won’t be traveling to Naca-nowhere, as we affectionally referred to it back in the day at SFA. I think I forgot to mention that I flipped my Mexican Peso coin and it came up Kennedale, but when I flipped my Russian Kopeck it came up WOS, so I don’t know what’s gonna happen. Dang greendawg, this is all your fault!!

coach
10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
IF you are attending this game and looking for a great place to eat go to CC's Smokehouse. Get the Cowboy. You can thank me later.

slingshot
10-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Gonna be a doozy. K'dale in a close game, maybe 27-24.

pirate4state
10-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Anyone streaming the game? It's our bye week, but sadly I can't take another Friday off AND make the state games so I'm stuck.

GUNHO
10-06-2017, 12:41 PM
Anyone streaming the game? It's our bye week, but sadly I can't take another Friday off AND make the state games so I'm stuck.

You can go to KOGT.COM and click on listen live at the top right of the page.They carry WO-S football and other local teams.They can be a homer at times but they give the other team credit as well.Gary is a great play by play man and keeps you informed as to what is going on on the field.

d0tc0m
10-06-2017, 12:52 PM
You can go to KOGT.COM and click on listen live at the top right of the page.They carry WO-S football and other local teams.They can be a homer at times but they give the other team credit as well.Gary is a great play by play man and keeps you informed as to what is going on on the field.

Good or bad, I love small-town homer broadcasters. Wouldn't want them any other way, whether they're for my team or not.

bleedgreen
10-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Well, this will be the only entertaining game for me until the playoffs. Three of the District 5 teams have yet to win a game. I remember 40 years ago when Kennedale was like that. Now, it's time to enjoy and have some fun.
To be honest, I have never seen a Kennedale team look as good as what I am seeing this year. All three facets are clicking meaning special teams, defense and offense.
Against Whitehouse, there were four sacks, 4 interceptions and Whitehouse had one incredible RB who scored on long runs. Once the RB was figured out, Whitehouse had to throw and throw and throw. The interceptions came with QB pressure.
I haven't seen any kickoffs land anywhere except the end zone and I "think" the kicker made a 41 yard FG.
I don't have to tell you about the offense.....run, run, run, run, and more run. The QB will pass when least expected and he is pretty accurate (oh, and HE runs too). This is a big physical team and (Hooray!) they're pretty disciplined.
I guess I'm having delusions of grandeur but Kennedale COULD GO ALL THE WAY. See you in Naco land.

Corn Cob
10-06-2017, 01:06 PM
WOS by 21

pirate4state
10-06-2017, 01:23 PM

:2thumbsup

toddg
10-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Kennedale 28 WOS 14 it will be defense intensive, but offense will have their moments.

WOS87
10-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Alright let’s get this started.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 08:41 PM
Get this.....Kennedale coughs up the football inside their own 20 and WO-S scores their only points of the game. Kennedale gives up two fumbles and an interception in the first half, and still leads at half 9-7. Kennedale not playing clean football, but still in the lead. The inteception was thrown at the Mustang 18 with less than a minute left in the half as Kennedale had the ball inside the Mustang 30.....the pass was underthrown.

toddg
10-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Bad execution doesn't lead to misleading stats LOL!!

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Bad execution doesn't lead to misleading stats LOL!!

Nope.....it sure doesn't. I'm not talking about stats though.....I'm talking about blown opportunities. Stats don't win football games.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Mustangs get a turnover at the Kennedale 8 on a corner blitz on the Wildcat qb when he was trying to pass.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Now a fumble by Stark and a penalty moves it back to the 30. 1st and goal from the 30 for the Mustangs.....a 22 yd loss on that play and penalty.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Watson gets 15 yds. up the middle on that pressured scramble on 2nd down. Now here's an intentional grounding on third by Watson. A penalty and loss of down. Waiving off the penalty.....4th and goal from the 15. Going for a field goal......the kick is good from 21 yds out by Dallas.

WO-S 10
Kennedale 9

3:37 3rd

WOS1
10-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Funny, tell them about the gazzillion mustang mental mistakes... be glad we cant snap the ball

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Kennedale starts at their own 19 after the kickoff. 3:07 left in the 3rd.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Off to the races for Jay Knowles goes 81 yds as he went thru the middle and outran all the defense to the endzone. Just like that....a td for Kennedale as they will try for two.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Kervin in the for the two point try untouched....Kennedale back on top now.

Kennedale 17
W0-S 10

3 min. 3rd

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Kennedale kicks off a touchback......Stark will start on their own 25 now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Pass to Mart of Stark.....a short pass for a few yards on first down. 2nd and 6 now for Stark.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Cooper around the corner to near the 43 on a big run for Stark.....firstdown and the biggest run for him tonite.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:24 PM
High snap messes up the play and allows Kennedale to get into the backfield to take Cooper down for a loss. 2nd and 14. Watson around the end and runs out of bounds at the 45.....3rd and 9 now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Watson rolls left.....hits Morris for a first down for Stark. At the Kennedale 44 now......Watson takes off and takes it to the 41 after shedding a few Kennedale tacklers.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Timeout Mustangs.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:29 PM
2nd and 7 now for the Mustangs......a high snap but the refs did not get the ball set. Now another high snap causes another big loss for Stark.....this is unbelievable all the way back to the Mustang 45 yd line. Now an interference call against Kennedale on that pass downfield. Penalty against Kennedale on that spot foul. 1st down at the Kennedale 48 yd line.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:29 PM
1st down and 14 with one second left in the quarter.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Handoff to Cooper for 5 yds at the Kennedale 43.

Kennedale 17
WO-S 10

End of 3rd

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Cooper around the corner after a gain of 2 at the 41. 3rd and 3 now for Stark.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:32 PM
End around does not make the first down......one yard short at the 39. 4th and one....they will go for it.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Shotgun for Watkins as he keeps it and runs it all the way down to the endzone. He's out of bounds on the 5.....what a great run. He stumbled on the pylon but stepped out of bounds on the 4.....a 35 yd run on 4th down. Now Watson on the keeper for a score. The kick is good. Tie game now.

Kennedale 17
W0-S 17

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:37 PM
A great game with lots of action so far.....we are all tied up early in the 4th. Dallas kicks it to the 11 yd line. He accidently took a knee or called a fair catch.....he was actually waving to his teammate that he was taking the ball. Officials call it a fair catch at the 15.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Now here's a run that breaks thru the line to the 33 on a touchdown-saving tackle by Morris. Now another run for 7 yds. by Kennedale. At the 41 of Kennedale now.....pitch to Kervin to the 46 for 5 yds and first down. 8;45 left and the clock running.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Now Jowers keeps it on another big run down to the Mustang 38 for another first down.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Kervin gains two on first. 2nd and 8 now. A backdoor screen to Kervin for another firstdown, but flags down on that one.....probably a hold against Kennedale.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Backs up Kennedale now to the 40.....2nd and 12 on that penalty. Qb keeper goes nowhere for a loss of a yard. 3rd and 13 now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Kervin gets the pitch, but is tripped up for a loss. 4th and 14 now for Kennedale......they have to punt.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Punts into the endzone.......will come out to the 20. Tied at 17 with 5:34 left and Mustangs ball.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Cooper gains 5 on first.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:45 PM
High snap and pulled down by Watson as he keeps it and runs it for no gain. 3rd and 5 now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Option and Watson keeps it for a big gain to the Kennedale 45 for a first down......21 yds.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Flags now on first down......personal foul face mask is a big mistake here by Kennedale......moves it down to the 28 yd line now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Cooper on the handoff for a couple of yards on first down at the 27.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Cooper up the middle is tackled at the 22......3rd and 3 now for the Mustangs.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Watson on the keeper on the corner loses 4 yds on a great play by Kennedale. Now it's 4th and 7 at the 28 yd line. Timeout Stark.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Mustangs lining up for the field goal......a 44 yd attempt by Chad Dallas. The kick is blocked by Kennedale as they pick it up and take it to the 44 yd line.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Now a flag on the field.....the ball was returned to about midfield. The penalty is unsportsmanlike on Kennedale that moves it back 15 yds......against the coaches of Kennedale......hmmmm.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Kervin gains only a yard on that run at their own 37 now. Only a minute left now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Kennedale has 2 timeouts left.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Jowers keeps it for 4 yds......3rd and 6 now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:54 PM
Pitch back to Kervin.....he's two yds. short. 4th and two at the 45 yd line. The clock is running down now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Kennedale will punt it now with 3 secs left on the game clock. Timeout Kennedale. The probably will not punt this ball. Looks like going to overtime to me.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Kennedale hands it to Knowles as he runs around and kills the clock. Going to overtime.

Kennedale 17
WO-S 17

Overtime

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Coaches meet at midfield for the coin flip. Mustangs win the flip and elects to play defense.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Kennedale does have the better kicker. Kennedale starts at the 25. Kervin gets it down to the 18 yd line on first down.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Kervin gets tripped up just short of the first down, but offsides against the Mustangs gives Kennedale a first down at the 13 now.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Knowles gets the handoff and gains 2 yds. to the 11.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 10:01 PM
Kervin gets the ball now to the 9 yd line now.....3rd and 6 now for Kennedale.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Jowers keeps it for a loss of 2 on the play. Here comes the field goal kicker for Kennedale....a lefty spotted at the 19. The kick is good.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Now the Mustangs will start at the 25 for their chance.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Watson keeps it for 2 yds. 2nd and 8 now at the 23.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Watson looking to throw......tucks it and runs it all the way to the endzone for a score. He froze the linebackers, then took off straight up the gut to the house for the winning TD.

WO-S 23
Kennedale 20

Wins in Overtime. Watson is the player of the game and scores all 3 TD's tonite for the Mustangs. Great game by both teams, but not without mistakes.

toddg
10-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Sloppy game, both ways, but still a good game. WOS earned this win to keep the streak alive!!

WOS87
10-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Awesome game and you’re right... those awful snaps we had and the turnovers Kennedale had

PurplePop
10-06-2017, 10:20 PM

Just sayin.

regaleagle
10-06-2017, 10:23 PM
It was not the Kennedale D that caused 4 turnovers.....just sayin'. This game was a toss-up.....either team could have won this one......and that's how it turned out. Mustangs qb Watson was the difference tonite against the Kennedale D.....his quick feet and decision making were just too much for them in the end. He won this game for the Mustangs by taking the ball on keepers.....using his speed and elusiveness to get gains and scores in tough situations.

PurplePop
10-06-2017, 10:33 PM
It was not the Kennedale D that caused 4 turnovers.....just sayin'. This game was a toss-up.....either team could have won this one......and that's how it turned out. Mustangs qb Watson was the difference tonite against the Kennedale D.....his quick feet and decision making were just too much for them in the end. He won this game for the Mustangs by taking the ball on keepers.....using his speed and elusiveness to get gains and scores in tough situations.

I know nothing about the game. All I know is it's tough to score more than 21 on WOS so you have to hold them to less. I said it 5 days ago and I'm sticking with it.

WOS1
10-06-2017, 10:45 PM
I know nothing about the game. All I know is it's tough to score more than 21 on WOS so you have to hold them to less. I said it 5 days ago and I'm sticking with it.
You are correct, sir!

Roughneck93
10-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Congrats WOS...:2thumbsup

griff
10-07-2017, 01:11 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but it needs to be. The kicker for Kennedale is about the best*HS kicker I've seen in years. That will be quite a weapon in close games. He was placekicking it into the end zone and had PLENTY of leg on their two FGs. Left footed, too. Does anyone know what college he's committed to?*

WOS1
10-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Well, I really didn't know what to think before this game. It wouldn't have surprised me had we lost. We, still, have plenty to work on, but I'm very proud of the grit and determination of this group of Mustangs. Obviously, while the defense may not be the defense of last year, they are still very good. Probably not fair to compare them to the legendary D of last year, but it's hard not to. Anyway, they are solid and are the reason we won that game. Like Purple Pop said, you better have your chin strap buckled up tight if your gonna score 21 points on this team. Im proud of where they are. If we can clean up the mental mistakes like the 12 errant snaps, dropped passes and just bone head mistakes, they will be pretty dang good.

WOS87
10-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Well, I really didn't know what to think before this game. It wouldn't have surprised me had we lost. We, still, have plenty to work on, but I'm very proud of the grit and determination of this group of Mustangs. Obviously, while the defense may not be the defense of last year, they are still very good. Probably not fair to compare them to the legendary D of last year, but it's hard not to. Anyway, they are solid and are the reason we won that game. Like Purple Pop said, you better have your chin strap buckled up tight if your gonna score 21 points on this team. Im proud of where they are. If we can clean up the mental mistakes like the 12 errant snaps, dropped passes and just bone head mistakes, they will be pretty dang good.

Looking forward to a rematch with Cuero or Wimberley or Navarro or Sinton. Hi guys! I’d honestly prefer Wimberley but I know so many more Cuero peeps. And watch us lose next week. We tend to do that.

speedbump
10-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Looking forward to a rematch with Cuero or Wimberley or Navarro or Sinton. Hi guys! I’d honestly prefer Wimberley but I know so many more Cuero peeps. And watch us lose next week. We tend to do that.

So - did the Kennedale game live up to the hype? I've been to busy to check it out. Got the chair in place but I can't get the kinks out of this rope so I can sling it over that rafter.

WOS87
10-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Yes it did and do I need to commit you? I am a Psychiatrist. Bad loss for EC last night.

speedbump
10-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Yes it did and do I need to commit you? I am a Psychiatrist. Bad loss for EC last night.

Naw - I'll be ok. We handed them a couple of fumbles and they thanked us by beating us about the head with them. We just don't have the offense this year to overcome penalties and fumbles. Needvilles QB can throw darts and run too. They have a really good soph. RB and are fun to watch. I said before the season started there wouldn't be an undeafeated team district and now there may not be a 1 loss team. LOL Gonna be fun the rest of the way. It's anybodies district to win.

Tejastrue
10-07-2017, 10:48 PM
What a great win. Congrats WOS...:clap:

bleedgreen
10-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda....there was a lot of that going on in this game. WOS lost 102 yards on poor shotgun snaps. Kennedale turnovers led to 10 points for WOS. Un-Sportsman like conduct on Kennedale after a blocked FG attempt stopped
a possible end-of-game drive. Someone please tell me how to snap in shotgun. The center had the ball in a somewhat vertical position on the ground. Shouldn't it be snapped like throwing a pass?
Kennedale had 72 yards in penalties. Would anyone at this game like to comment on the ref's calls? Yea, I'm a homer for Kennedale. It was a close game but woulda, coulda, and shoulda.

GUNHO
10-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda....there was a lot of that going on in this game. WOS lost 102 yards on poor shotgun snaps. Kennedale turnovers led to 10 points for WOS. Un-Sportsman like conduct on Kennedale after a blocked FG attempt stopped
a possible end-of-game drive. Someone please tell me how to snap in shotgun. The center had the ball in a somewhat vertical position on the ground. Shouldn't it be snapped like throwing a pass?
Kennedale had 72 yards in penalties. Would anyone at this game like to comment on the ref's calls? Yea, I'm a homer for Kennedale. It was a close game but woulda, coulda, and shoulda.

I think the center was really intimidated by the nose guard/linebacker and was more concerned about them thus the bad snaps.We were lucky some of those didn't turn into turnovers.I thought refs did a decent job.This game could have gone either way with a break here and there at the right time.That Knowles kid was a beast.I think your right about the Un-sportsman call,that was huge.All in all W0-S made the stops when they needed them.Our coach said we want see another team better than Kennedale the rest of the year...maybe as good but not better.I tend to agree with that statement.

Gsquared
10-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Then you're not a FIRM believer, you're an ELASTIC believer in Kennedale..this isn't oct.2016, Kennedale isn't breaking in a new sophomore QB..is WOS as good as last year? I know Kennedale is way better than they were this time last year. Does WOS have a top notch passing attack? cause you won't make a living running on Kennedale..unless you can run between the tackles with power. Wish I could make this game, will be a great one!
I am FIRM believer in Kennedale, even after witnessing the game. They are the real deal, so is WOS.