Stephenville 7
Graham 0
8:06 1st

jason
09-29-2017, 07:52 PM
S 7
G 7
5:38 1st

Graham isd needs to invest in some field lights.

jason
09-29-2017, 08:00 PM
S 7
G 14
3:35 1st

jason
09-29-2017, 08:15 PM
14-14 11:55 2nd

Sville rb injured on Graham late hit.

jason
09-29-2017, 08:43 PM
14-14 half

CP3Dad
09-29-2017, 08:48 PM
Penalties and injuries ruling this game so far. Hope both teams can clean it up.

jason
09-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Sville rb out for game. Appears to be a rib injury.
He went back in but another late hit while he was on the ground so now he's done.

jason
09-29-2017, 09:40 PM
S 14
G 16
"Holding" penalty in end zone.
Officiating is unbelievable and if anyone from Graham denies it you're delusional.

jason
09-29-2017, 09:42 PM
S 14
G 23
3:39 3rd

jason
09-29-2017, 10:07 PM
S 14
G 30
6:18 4th

If I were from Graham I'd be embarrassed.

BwdLion73
09-29-2017, 10:11 PM
Wow, sounds like that kickoff call was ridicules!

jason
09-29-2017, 10:24 PM
S 14
G 30
Final

Not much to say about this one. Hope we see Graham again.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 10:29 PM
S 14
G 30
Final

Not much to say about this one. Hope we see Graham again.

It won't happen this season.....you are in different divisions.

#1 TEXAN
09-29-2017, 10:35 PM
Refs were bad on both sides, I will agree jackets had some horrible calls go there way but graham had 2 long Tds called back and not to mention dropped 3 passes that score easy. This game could have been a lot worse.

regaleagle
09-29-2017, 10:44 PM
Sounds like Graham deserves their ranking, Huh?

briandumith*
09-29-2017, 10:47 PM
S 14
G 30
6:18 4th

If I were from Graham I'd be embarrassed.
this is horrible to say why would you say this they were penalties on both sides what is wrong with you these are young men really just boys your team lost and you get all huffy acting like a clown

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

briandumith*
09-29-2017, 10:52 PM
Like I always say the losers complain about the refs no matter what especially when they have inflated thoughts about their team's

bearbear78
09-29-2017, 11:14 PM
Like I always say the losers complain about the refs no matter what especially when they have inflated thoughts about their team's

Refs were flag happy all the way around. They were throwing flags left and right on both teams. Stephenville has some clean up to do and we had some dumb penalties on our part also , just not as many. I saw our RB get drilled when he was down and no flag. There was not any complaints on the refs until Graham showed some fight then took a lead and the FNR app went nuts lol. Can't expect refs to apply the rules of the game to just one team, damn.

briandumith*
09-29-2017, 11:19 PM
Refs were flag happy all the way around. They were throwing flags left and right on both teams. Stephenville has some clean up to do and we had some dumb penalties on our part also , just not as many. I saw our RB get drilled when he was down and no flag. There was not any complaints on the refs until Graham showed some fight then took a lead and the FNR app went nuts lol. Can't expect refs to apply the rules of the game to just one team, damn.Yeah and apparently the radio broadcasts for Ville were like way over the top hollering and announcing these plays and these penalties like ridiculous. And of course all the listeners were just feeding in like crazy obviously they weren't seeing the game and that's half the poster doing all this crap now.

briandumith*
09-29-2017, 11:19 PM
These posters on here telling us that we should feel horrible or we should be horrible it's ridiculous they should feel horrible for making such ridiculous statements man I almost deleted this entire thread

BEAST
09-30-2017, 12:07 AM
Congrats to the Steers. And Ville, congrats on finally playing somebody.

BEAST

bearbear78
09-30-2017, 12:23 AM
Good job tonight Steers, great game Ville!

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2017, 04:50 AM
I want to hear about this alleged brutal late hit that knocked out the Ville star RB

Bosqueville
09-30-2017, 07:05 AM
I want to hear about this alleged brutal late hit that knocked out the Ville star RB

:1popcorn:

bearbear78
09-30-2017, 07:49 AM
I want to hear about this alleged brutal late hit that knocked out the Ville star RB There will be several sides to it so if just suggest watching it on film. Also feel the kid that stepped in was giving us a harder time.

bearbear78
09-30-2017, 07:52 AM

And he did get hit late so it wasn't alleged , it just wasn't intentional, the kid was in full sprint and got de-cleated and the RB is what stopped his flight. His first words after the game were that he hopes the running back was okay and he didn't mean for that to happen.

jason
09-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Late hit to Nowak, 16 points off penalties push Graham past Stephenville

By BRAD KEITH
TheFlashToday.com

GRAHAM (September 29, 2017) — Graham (5-0) scored its final 16 points off Stephenville (4-1) penalties, and even the lone 15-yard flag against the Steers benefitted them while dooming the visiting Yellow Jackets a Newton Field Friday.

Graham remains undefeated after a second half safety and kickoff return for a touchdown keyed a 30-14 win in which they did not have to chase around the state’s fifth leading rusher in conferences 2A-6A.

Stephenville junior Krece Nowak suffered an injury to his ribs on a late hit near the end of the first quarter. Talented Graham defensive end Preston Langely was working his way across the field and speared an already tackled and piled on Nowak on a run around the right side.

Lagnely was flagged for the late hit, but got up celebrating and was allowed to continue to play a significant role in the Steers holding Stehenville scoreless, on its final 10 drives. Nowak, however, crumpled on the turf before being helped gingerly to the sideline, where he stayed for all but two plays during which it was clear he was not the same weapon that amassed 996 offensive yards the opening four weeks of the season.

Nowak was cutting through the Graham defense like a knife through butter before the late hit, gaining 62 yards rushing and 12 receiving. He lost two yards on two plays in his fruitless attempt to return in the second quarter, and emerged from the locker room in a sweat top without his helmet.

The Stephenville offense without Nowak in the second half proved to be as fruitless as his attempt to return to actin in the second quarter.

Graham was fruitless, too, except when taking advantage of 12 Stephenville penalties for 123 yards. The Steers fittingly took the lead for good on a penalty – a holding call with the Jackets in their own end zone.

The ensuing kickoff was returned 65 yards for a touchdown by West Martin. Nine points in nine seconds gave Graham a 23-14 lead with 3:39 remaining in the third quarter. The Steers finished the scoring midway through the fourth, and require assistance from a Yellow Jacket penalty to achieve those points, too.

The Jackets stopped Graham cold on three straight plays from inside the five, only to commit a perusal foul after third down. It took three more plays for Chase Gilmore find the end zone against the physical Stephenville defense that frustrated much of the night.

With 138 yards and two TDs, Gilmore did his part in what could have been a star-studded exchange between two of the state’s top running backs if not for Langely’s late hit on Nowak, who had moor than half Gilmore’s production in the first 11 minutes, and that was with an 18 yard touchdown having been called back for a holding call.

That was back in the first quarter after Gilmore gave Graham a 7-0 lead on a 23-yard run. Stephenville answered with Jones hitting Clay Krause for a 27-yard TD, the same distance covered by a Tucker Horn-to-Ben Taylor TD strike to give the Steers a 14-7 edge that lasted until the opening play of he second quarter.

Graham lost yards on the ground when Gilmore wasn’t running, the Steers rushing for 109 yards and Stephenville just 85 including only 23 after the late hit injured Nowak.

Pressure at times and strong coverage at others limited both passing attacks. Horn, reported to be an Ivy League prospect, was 13-37 passing for 185 yards and two interceptions. Jones was 14-32 with an interception, passing for 136 Stephenville yards.

The teams combined for just 511 total yards, less than what Graham itself (and only 49 yards more than Stephenville itself) averaged entering the showdown of previously unbeaten teams.

It looked it a shootout was in the making after Graham scored its opening 14 points in the first nine minutes on a Stephenville defense that had no previously allowed more than 13 in the opening three quarters of a game.

But the defenses took over, Graham’s because Stephenville’s didn’t’ have Nowak, and Stephenville’s because linebacker Blu Caylor was everywhere, harassing Horn, containing Gimore and tackling receivers over the middle.

Forget fancying a playoff rematch with Nowak involved. Graham is in Division II of 4A so the Steers will be more concerned with Sweetwater and the likes come playoff time,when Stephenville is in the Division I bracket.

Stephenville is home for the first time since September 15 when Lubbock Monterey comes calling. The homecoming game next Friday at Memorial Stadium begins at 7:30 p.m.

http://theflashtoday.com/2017/09/30/late-hit-to-nowak-16-points-off-penalties-pushes-graham-past-stephenville/

canno
09-30-2017, 12:29 PM
Seems like a one sided story

regaleagle
09-30-2017, 12:37 PM
Seems like a one sided story

Nope......it's quite obvious the writer is a Yellowjacket supporter. The article is laced with one-sided comments and poorly written.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2017, 12:46 PM
Nope......it's quite obvious the writer is a Yellowjacket supporter. The article is laced with one-sided comments and poorly written.

I think that is what canno meant.

clcannon17
09-30-2017, 12:49 PM
Bad refs and bad calls are apart of the game unfortunately, but at the end it's not an excuse. There are plenty more reasons why the score ended up the way it did. And there were plenty of other opportunities to negate the refs.

Congrats Graham. Good luck in the future SVille.

Oh and before I forget
GO LIONS!!!

#1 TEXAN
09-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Ya they forgot to mention the steers getting 2 long TDs called back due to penalty.

regaleagle
09-30-2017, 12:50 PM
I think that is what canno meant.

LOL.......he was just being nicer than me, hahaha.

FB-fanatic
09-30-2017, 01:21 PM
Late hit to Nowak, 16 points off penalties push Graham past Stephenville

By BRAD KEITH
TheFlashToday.com

GRAHAM (September 29, 2017) — Graham (5-0) scored its final 16 points off Stephenville (4-1) penalties, and even the lone 15-yard flag against the Steers benefitted them while dooming the visiting Yellow Jackets a Newton Field Friday.

Graham remains undefeated after a second half safety and kickoff return for a touchdown keyed a 30-14 win in which they did not have to chase around the state’s fifth leading rusher in conferences 2A-6A.

Stephenville junior Krece Nowak suffered an injury to his ribs on a late hit near the end of the first quarter. Talented Graham defensive end Preston Langely was working his way across the field and speared an already tackled and piled on Nowak on a run around the right side.....

http://theflashtoday.com/2017/09/30/late-hit-to-nowak-16-points-off-penalties-pushes-graham-past-stephenville/

Homer write-up.

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 01:29 PM
about the late hit.... I watched the video over and over last night and today... 99 was pushed to into 45 by 55 the Jackets linemen. them he himself pounced on top of the pile... don't believe me. please watch the film. If you can find it.. So In truth the flag should have been on the Jackets.

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 01:32 PM
you boys needs to be a little more biased in your sports writing......

Deuce
09-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Check out @zduncansports on Twitter. He has a slow motion replay of the "late hit." It was clearly not Graham's fault. He was pushed into Ville's RB by a Ville lineman. Ville sports writer needs to take a look and edit his poorly written story!

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 01:54 PM
55 pushed 99https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/58d4b1ffa8a8a8ec11f89f74081973ea.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/a0bf519fa7c4af902996bac778746aa5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/cddcc7db53ba96963a77b703c4cdbe4b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/574dcf94e69af617bda88506fc78eaed.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/e2ee7fcec96d9c74ceed86b2a1e06aa3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/4ed42ef1500d254364b248209c24d0ed.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/967217d907a604d5d038e66e7ebfd086.jpg

Bosqueville
09-30-2017, 02:05 PM
That may be but to me he looks like he intentionally falls with an elbow ready to inflict some pain. But, let’s let it go and move on huh?

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 02:10 PM
That may be but to me he looks like he intentionally falls with an elbow ready to inflict some pain. But, let’s let it go and move on huh?I am down with that BUT SOME OF YOU POSTERS WAS CALLING that we Graham fans are disgraceful not worthy and we should be ashamed of ourselves for what for what for what!!

Deuce
09-30-2017, 02:12 PM
That may be but to me he looks like he intentionally falls with an elbow ready to inflict some pain. But, let’s let it go and move on huh?

You want to throw that nonsense out there but say let's let it go. Pretty comical

Bosqueville
09-30-2017, 02:13 PM
You want to throw that nonsense out there but say let's let it go. Pretty comical

Just giving an opinion. The last thing I want to do is defend Stephenville! :ack!:

clcannon17
09-30-2017, 02:14 PM
Yeah, Graham. How dare you win, you're hurting the Ville's feelings!

:1popcorn:

Razorback88
09-30-2017, 02:35 PM
Y'all obviously have way too much time on your hands

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 03:13 PM
https://twitter.com/zduncansports/status/914172848310308864 here is the VIDEO watch it

bearbear78
09-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Those refs that was doing stupid things like throwing flags on both teams must have snuck in and edited the film by photo shopping 55 in there! To the crybabies , if 99 intentionally set out to hurt the RB I'll promise there would be no question about it. Geez

bearbear78
09-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Some of the post and that write up makes the Ville look pretty bad. JS

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 03:21 PM
You know what's funny the penalty on the kickoff when the kid raises hand for a fair Catch and we hit him our player was thrown into him by one of the Ville players we got video of that too I can show that one if we need to lol

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 03:23 PM
I know their Sports writers are a complete joke they look like Homer idiots

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 03:52 PM
I know I am not going to get it.. but I want all you Ville posters and PRESS that called the Graham players or a player dirty to apologize. Not to us but to them. They played a hard-fought game and do not deserve the hatefulness and the spite that you guys have spilled the last -24 hours. The worst display of poor sportsmanship and ignorance I've ever seen. Get all the facts get all the facts before you start reporting. Apologize to them they deserve that..

bearbear78
09-30-2017, 04:15 PM
I know I am not going to get it.. but I want all you Ville posters and PRESS that called the Graham players or a player dirty to apologize. Not to us but to them. They played a hard-fought game and do not deserve the hatefulness and the spite that you guys have spilled the last -24 hours. The worst display of poor sportsmanship and ignorance I've ever seen. Get all the facts get all the facts before you start reporting. Apologize to them they deserve that..

99 Doesn't want it. Hes content with that writer and the ones grasping for excuses looking stupid for the world to see because the video is all over the place. He hopes the RB is ok and makes a quick recovery.

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 04:18 PM
99 Doesn't want it. Hes content with that writer and the ones grasping for excuses looking stupid for the world to see because the video is all over the place. He hopes the RB is ok and makes a quick recovery.10 fur I went to the sports writers web page and reminded him them that collecting the facts is a basic rule when you are covering an event. You can't go off half-cocked because your feelings are hurt. you have to collect the facts before you report. I have to assume that he did not watch the video. which makes me wonder why. if he's got a true press pass he should have availability of both teams videos I was able to watch them at 2 a.m. like that reporter from Wichita Falls did.

Sville
09-30-2017, 04:21 PM
I watched the same video several times as well, it looks to me 55 quit blocking when the whistle blew and #99 laid a late hit as it was called. Those things happen I dont think it was intentional. Now on to my thoughts of game, if this was the first game Sville had a bunch of penalties I might complain about the refs as well, but it was the 2nd game in a row where the Jackets had 120 yards + in penalties. They had 165 yards in penalties against Decatur. Obviously there are some things that need to be cleaned up. Secondly as I posted earlier in the original game thread I was concerned about Sville's inconsistent passing game. They had been too one dimensional through the first 4 games with Nowak accounting for 60% of the total yards. I know Jones is coming off a serious elbow injury in the spring but he is only completing 50% of his passes. Simply put Sville needs to be more consistent and accurate in the passing game. There were plenty of plays to be made in the passing game last night that just weren't executed. I said this game would be measuring stick and Sville needs to clean up the penalties and execute better in the passing game. To borrow a term used by Grant and Terry the Jackets are a tier 2 team right now and need to improve on those things to move to the next level, in my opinion of course.

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 04:26 PM
I watched the same video several times as well, it looks to me 55 quit blocking when the whistle blew and #99 laid a late hit as it was called. Those things happen I dont think it was intentional. Now on to my thoughts of game, if this was the first game Sville had a bunch of penalties I might complain about the refs as well, but it was the 2nd game in a row where the Jackets had 120 yards + in penalties. They had 165 yards in penalties against Decatur. Obviously there are some things that need to be cleaned up. Secondly as I posted earlier in the original game thread I was concerned about Sville's inconsistent passing game. They had been too one dimensional through the first 4 games with Nowak accounting for 60% of the total yards. I know Jones is coming off a serious elbow injury in the spring but he is only completing 50% of his passes. Simply put Sville needs to be more consistent and accurate in the passing game. There were plenty of plays to be made in the passing game last night that just weren't executed. I said this game would be measuring stick and Sville needs to clean up the penalties and execute better in the passing game. To borrow a term used by Grant and Terry the Jackets are a tier 2 team right now and need to improve on those things to move to the next level, in my opinion of course.Was the other QB more accurate because Jones was terribly inaccurate in the second half. Some of his passes missed by 20 feet. He also seemed to be hobbled from hits earlier in the game

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 05:11 PM
One more time. This is a play that the Stephenville Radio broadcasters went nuts about. And I know they're Homer's I guess I can understand it. But the video that I'm going to show you will clear things up. Let me lay the groundwork. Late in the game we kicked off a pooch kick like we do a lot of times. Stephenville call for a fair Catch. We hit the player. The radio broadcast was saying oh my God they laid him out. Not the case this video clearly shows that the Graham player was thrown into the receiver buy a Stephenville up man blocker. https://youtu.be/jwEMUHrPso0 now I am done. I am sorry to y'all who have to endure this but we (Graham) was lambasted last night and it was unfair and I'm just trying to recover a little bit of our honor that was taken away for no reason so please allow me just a bit of room thank you

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2017, 07:01 PM
I think the issue people will have with the late hit is that the defender seems to pile drive down. Even if he was 100% blocked into the players on the ground his motion does not look like someone who has lost body control and soley being propelled with no control or just trying to catch himself as he falls. Also it does not look like the block was so forceful that he was just blocked into the end of the play helplessly.

The fair catch one.. while yes the kid is blocking him there is not a throwing motion of the gunner being thrown in the return man. Not a real big deal at all, those plays happen all the time and are usually 50/50 calls to no calls and really not big deals.

The late hit one is nowhere like the Silsbee/Jasper but it is a late hit. Intent is always going to be discussed and all, but just sucks a player was hurt.

slingshot
09-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Hmmm.... strange, I don't see JacketSwarm interjecting his usual witty and uber-intelligent commentary to this discussion? One loss and he's already climbed back under his rock for the season? We can't be that lucky...

Sville
09-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Was the other QB more accurate because Jones was terribly inaccurate in the second half. Some of his passes missed by 20 feet. He also seemed to be hobbled from hits earlier in the game

To be fair the sampling size from the other 2 QB's is too small to make an opinion. The soph. #2 Stanley was the most effective during the first 2 games. Jacket Stats (http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/stephenville-yellow-jackets-honeybees-(stephenville,tx)/football/stats.htm). I am not saying that Jones should be replaced either, he is a senior 3 year starter. He just has some rust. He didn't do any throwing from the time he hurt it in early June until a throwing program was approved for him sometime around the start of school.

briandumith*
09-30-2017, 07:22 PM
To be fair the sampling size from the other 2 QB's is too small to make an opinion. The soph. #2 Stanley was the most effective during the first 2 games. Jacket Stats (http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/stephenville-yellow-jackets-honeybees-(stephenville,tx)/football/stats.htm). I am not saying that Jones should be replaced either, he is a senior 3 year starter. He just has some rust. He didn't do any throwing from the time he hurt it in early June until a throwing program was approved for him sometime around the start of school. wow a team can't rely on just one running back to be your offense. maybe the Jones kid will knock the rest of that rust off. I certainly wish luck to the Stephenville Yellow Jackets. they are a team I have liked for a very long time

Tejastrue
09-30-2017, 07:28 PM
How about Jarrett Stidham thus far tonight! :2thumbsup

hollywood
09-30-2017, 07:31 PM
I think the issue people will have with the late hit is that the defender seems to pile drive down. Even if he was 100% blocked into the players on the ground his motion does not look like someone who is has lost body control and soley being propelled with no control or just trying to catch himself as he falls. Also it does not look like the block was so forceful that he was just blocked 100% into the end of the play helplessly.

The fair catch one.. while yes the kid is blocking him there is not a throwing motion of the gunner being thrown in the return man. Not a real big deal at all, those plays happen all the time and are usually 50/50 calls to no calls and really not big deals.

The late hit one is nowhere like the Silsbee/Jasper but it is a late hit. Intent is always going to be discussed and all, but just sucks a player was hurt.

I agree. Best explanation yet. I refrained from commenting on this due to getting bombarded with backlash from Graham fans. Glad a neutral unbiased opinion was able to shed some light on the subject. I probably wasn't intent to injur. These are kids playing with a lot of emotion. Most of us have been there and can relate.

hollywood
09-30-2017, 07:32 PM
How about Jarrett Stidham thus far tonight! :2thumbsup

Heck yeah!! Playing well.

Ville-D
10-02-2017, 12:41 AM
I agree. Best explanation yet. I refrained from commenting on this due to getting bombarded with backlash from Graham fans. Glad a neutral unbiased opinion was able to shed some light on the subject. I probably wasn't intent to injur. These are kids playing with a lot of emotion. Most of us have been there and can relate.

Here is the thing you have to realize here HW. Brian is always right. It is just a universal constant. Just ask him. :taunt:

briandumith*
10-02-2017, 12:49 AM
Here is the thing you have to realize here HW. Brian is always right. It is just a universal constant. Just ask him. :taunt:I am not always right...... just today.

jason
10-04-2017, 04:17 PM
http://theflashtoday.com/2017/10/04/nowak-day-to-day-following-injury-at-graham/

By BRAD KEITH
TheFlashToday.com

STEPHENVILLE (October 4, 2017) — Krece Nowak has 1,068 all-purpose yards and 12 touchdowns after playing basically four games and a quarter.

Truthfully, by sitting out most or all of the fourth quarter in the four season-opening wins by Stephenville, the junior running back has played less than that. But this week, Stephenville head coach Greg Winder isn’t sure Nowak will be playing at all.

Nowak suffered bruised ribs late in the first quarter at Graham last Friday. A Graham player was blocked into Nowak, who had just been tackled on his eighth carry of the opening period. He as slow to get up as coaches, athletic trainers and a doctor rendered aid. He jogged on the sideline before returning for two carries in the second quarter, but it was immediately clear he was not he same back who had 996 yards the opening four games of the season.

Nowak sat on the bench with a sweat top on in the second half last Friday. It was 14-14 after Stephenville scored a touchdown on the opening play of the second quarter to complete the drive during which the 861-yard rusher who also has 201 yards as a receiver, sustained the hit. Preston Langely was assessed a 15-yard penalty for a late hit, but the film later showed he had been blocked into the pile.

Graham took the lead on a safety late in the third period, returned the ensuing safety kickoff for a touchdown, then scored in the fourth quarter after a goal line stand by the Yellow Jacket defense was negated by an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The Steers (5-0) kept their perfect record intact, winning 30-14.

Stephenville head coach Greg Winder reported Tuesday that Nowak had not participated in a practice this week. The Yellow Jackets (4-1) are preparing to face 5A Lubbock Monterey (1-3) on homecoming night at Memorial Stadium. Kickoff Friday is set for 7:30 p.m.

“It’s day-to-day, and it will continue to be day-to-day with him until Friday,” said Winder.

If Nowak does not play Friday, he could potentially go three weeks without contact as Stephenville is idle next Friday before kicking off 3-4A Division I district competition at Brownwood on October 14.

Twice Nowak has topped 300 all-purpose yards in the opening five weeks. He lost two yards trying to get back into the game in the second quarter last Friday after cutting through the Steer defense for 72 all-purpose yards – 60 rushing – in the opening 11 minutes.

Lubbock Monterey has not enjoyed the same success as it did early last year, but the Plainsmen have played the same rugged schedule, this time falling to both its 6A opponents and to Abilene Wylie while defeated 5A Canyon Randall.

Stephenville owns two wins already over 5A opponents in Everman and Cleburne. The Jackets also defeated Decatur and Springtown before falling to Graham.

briandumith*
10-04-2017, 08:42 PM
http://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/sports/high-school/class-4a/graham/2017/09/30/duncan-grahams-defense-delivers-against-stephenville/106097272/ Wichita Falls article....:)