Naaahhh..., reverse those scores...

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2017, 10:17 AM
Nac 3 Gilmer 2

lostaussie
09-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Bring it on Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!

Nac by 37.

Have y'all won yet? Seriously, I don't know the answer and I'm to lazy to look.

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2017, 12:57 PM
WK Team SC Team SC
9/1 3@Kilgore 35 Nacogdoches 21
9/8 #@Lufkin 45 Nacogdochesv 28
9/15 7Tyler Lee 41 @Nacogdoches 19

coach
09-27-2017, 01:25 PM
Have y'all won yet? Seriously, I don't know the answer and I'm to lazy to look.

Yes. We beat Hallsville last week.

Funny thing is, I was hospitalized Wednesday - Sunday. Now all the coaches are saying I am not allowed to attend any more games.

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2017, 01:39 PM

Funny thing is, I was hospitalized Wednesday - Sunday. Now all the coaches are saying I am not allowed to attend any more games.

I keep telling you to lay off the meth

lostaussie
09-27-2017, 01:50 PM

Had to have a reason not to come to Gilmer last Friday:D Us Buckeyes hope you are ok now.

coach
09-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Had to have a reason not to come to Gilmer last Friday:D Us Buckeyes hope you are ok now.

HAHA. Yea I am fine. Just a little scare, but it's all resolved now.

coach
09-27-2017, 01:53 PM
I keep telling you to lay off the meth

They don't call it bEAST TEXAS for nothing.

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2017, 02:12 PM
They don't call it bEAST TEXAS for nothing.

True story

When I was in college I was helping an indy-league baseball team broadcast games. One of the players steps outside of dugout away from fans and says I need some home run powder...I thought he said POWER until he busts out a baggie, does a line of coke and then steps in on deck circle LOL

lostaussie
09-27-2017, 02:54 PM
True story

When I was in college I was helping an indy-league baseball team broadcast games. One of the players steps outside of dugout away from fans and says I need some home run powder...I thought he said POWER until he busts out a baggie, does a line of coke and then steps in on deck circle LOL

You can't make that $#!+ up!!!!

jason
09-27-2017, 03:13 PM
did he hit a home run?

True story

waterboy
09-27-2017, 04:36 PM
did he hit a home run?

From what I've heard the ball STILL hasn't hit the ground... :D

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2017, 06:34 PM
did he hit a home run?

Not that game...the team was basically like Brockmire without the coolness LOL.

buckeyebob
09-27-2017, 09:33 PM
Bring it on Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!

Nac by 37.

Dist. 7

(32) Atlanta at New Boston match-up
(6) Pittsburg vs Tatum match-up
(2) Texarkana Pleasant Grove at Texarkana Liberty-Eylau match-up
(27) Gilmer vs Nacogdoches match-up
(1) Gladewater vs Lindale match-up
(49) Longview Spring Hill at Huntington match-up

From Pigskin...just another shaking of the bones...need to start Friday evening with a bait of Doc's Hot Links ( I recommend with hot sauce)...on the right before the big red light...it will keep the juices flowing

lostaussie
09-29-2017, 08:55 AM
Coach, are you well enough to visit our humble abode? And are you in the box or on the field?

coach
09-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Coach, are you well enough to visit our humble abode? And are you in the box or on the field?

I am better than ever. I am in the press box. What's on the menu tonight?

waterboy
09-29-2017, 12:29 PM
I am better than ever. I am in the press box. What's on the menu tonight?

It was Schlotzky's last week. Haven't heard about this week.

coach
09-29-2017, 12:54 PM
It was Schlotzky's last week. Haven't heard about this week.

Can I put in a request?

lostaussie
09-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Can I put in a request? Negative

lostaussie
09-29-2017, 01:51 PM
I think our home ec department is making pork and beans sandwiches.

coach
09-29-2017, 01:55 PM
I think our home ec department is making pork and beans sandwiches.

Think I will just hit up the tailgate before the game.

coach
09-29-2017, 02:02 PM
I forgot to mention that my Freshman team beat Gilmer last night 32-31. Hard fought game too.

buckeyebob
09-29-2017, 03:56 PM
I forgot to mention that my Freshman team beat Gilmer last night 32-31. Hard fought game too.

Wow...that is a surprise...Fish are very good...future varsity QB & several others will be stars.

How did the JV do...been busy today getting ready for the game.

Bet it was along trip home last night...7th Grade..30-22 Buckeyes...8Th Grade..52-38 Buckeyes

8th Grade was the longest Jr. High game I had ever witnessed

Oh, I you need help tonight, open the window & holler...I am directly below ya...don't leave it open long...the Buckeyes are not very friendly...you might wind up with some stuff lobed inside...we have treated the Visitors rather shabbily at times...turned a posse of skunks on 'em, turned out the lights & refused to turn 'em back on...run up the score (we blew up Bullard's Scoreboard once)

You will recognize me...I am the young good looking one with the horn & rattlers

Be safe

waterboy
09-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Gilmer JV 22
Nacogdoches JV 0

By the way, did anybody watch G.J. Kinne's little brother, Landry, QB Denton last night against Ryan?

Bosqueville
09-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Gilmer folks. What were your thoughts on this game?

lostaussie
09-30-2017, 04:14 PM
I thought we played very flat, probably leftover from the 4th quarter collapse from last week. Crowd was very small and unenergized. To be honest we were damn lucky to win.

waterboy
10-02-2017, 09:14 AM
If we continue to play like we have been, we'll be lucky to get third in district. The turnovers and penalties, lack of execution of offense, lack of defensive stands, just screams NO discipline. Pleasant Grove will beat the brakes off of us if we don't correct all of these mistakes. Even Spring Hill could beat us if we play like we have been. It looks like this will be another season where we have all the potential to win a title, but can't get out of our own way. Sorry for the harsh words, but this ain't what we're used to seeing in Gilmer.

lostaussie
10-02-2017, 09:22 AM
If we continue to play like we have been, we'll be lucky to get third in district. The turnovers and penalties, lack of execution of offense, lack of defensive stands, just screams NO discipline. Pleasant Grove will beat the brakes off of us if we don't correct all of these mistakes. Even Spring Hill could beat us if we play like we have been. It looks like this will be another season where we have all the potential to win a title, but can't get out of our own way. Sorry for the harsh words, but this ain't what we're used to seeing in Gilmer.

We have lost our "edge". We have all the ability in the world. You would think the semi loss to Sweetwater would have made us hungry again. Apparently not.

d0tc0m
10-02-2017, 09:25 AM

There's the possibility - don't hate me Buckeye fans - that the magic is simply running out at Gilmer. They've been on a great 15-year run. But that's about as long as you'll ever see a team truly trade on/win on the strength of the name on the front of the jersey. If you look through all the great dynasties through TXHSFB history, you'll notice a similar pattern. It doesn't mean Gilmer's program is dying and will no longer be a winning program. In fact, I imagine the Buckeyes will continue to notch 10-win seasons for many more years. But it could mean that the days of being able to say, 'Gilmer gon' Gilmer' may be coming to a close.

waterboy
10-02-2017, 09:56 AM
There's the possibility - don't hate me Buckeye fans - that the magic is simply running out at Gilmer. They've been on a great 15-year run. But that's about as long as you'll ever see a team truly trade on/win on the strength of the name on the front of the jersey. If you look through all the great dynasties through TXHSFB history, you'll notice a similar pattern. It doesn't mean Gilmer's program is dying and will no longer be a winning program. In fact, I imagine the Buckeyes will continue to notch 10-win seasons for many more years. But it could mean that the days of being able to say, 'Gilmer gon' Gilmer' may be coming to a close.

Yep. As a fan, it is difficult to watch. When you lose good coaches over a period of time, you expect to have some drop off, especially if you're not committed to bringing in the better coaches to replace the ones you lost. A complacency sets in after a while, and complacency leads to a lack of discipline. Three or more years ago, there would be several players on this year's team that would be riding the bench at times for making dumb mistakes, and it wouldn't matter how good of a player they are. I honestly don't think it would take very much to right the ship, but we are just a tad off, and don't have that "edge" to us as in years past. Coach Traylor wasn't much of an X's and O's guy, but he was a strong motivator, leader, and disciplinarian. I think those qualities are what is missing, and has been since he left.

We will get that back, but it may take a few years. Gilmer always has enough of the Jimmys and Joes to be very good. Add a little leadership and discipline and we will be back to winning titles.

d0tc0m
10-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Yep. As a fan, it is difficult to watch. When you lose good coaches over a period of time, you expect to have some drop off, especially if you're not committed to bringing in the better coaches to replace the ones you lost. A complacency sets in after a while, and complacency leads to a lack of discipline. Three or more years ago, there would be several players on this year's team that would be riding the bench at times for making dumb mistakes, and it wouldn't matter how good of a player they are. I honestly don't think it would take very much to right the ship, but we are just a tad off, and don't have that "edge" to us as in years past. Coach Traylor wasn't much of an X's and O's guy, but he was a strong motivator, leader, and disciplinarian. I think those qualities are what is missing, and has been since he left.

We will get that back, but it may take a few years. Gilmer always has enough of the Jimmys and Joes to be very good. Add a little leadership and discipline and we will be back to winning titles.

If only it were as simple as being able to 'get that back,' or just sprinkling in a little leadership and discipline here and there. The truth is, that's all part of that 'magic' or 'mojo' or 'voodoo' or whatever you want to call it. It's a culmination of years of building up a program, the excitement and newness that comes with that, the complete gelling of a coaching staff - it's visions, philosophies, styles, etc. - and the selling out and buying in of those ideals by every young man who puts on a jersey. It's the ownership all of that allows to trickle down to the young ones coming up in the system who just can't wait be a part of it all and want to carry the banner proudly in their four years, or push it to a new level. That magic leads to a lot of really, really fun years and some truly exceptional seasons that provide lifetime memories. But that magic, by it's very nature, is also the architect of its own demise. And when that magic down in the well runs dry, it's awfully hard to fill it back up again. You can have all the jimmy's and joe's you want, but you may not EVER get back to winning titles. It's a scary idea for programs that are used to being on top, but it is the harsh reality.

coach
10-02-2017, 10:28 AM
I thought we had it in the bag. The two onside kicks killed us, the fg before half, and 3 bad snaps is what cost us the game.

I have never been to Gilmer before. It is a REALLY nice stadium. I hope to coach in that stadium again.

lostaussie
10-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Come on over to other side:D

coach
10-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Come on over to other side:D

What I coach is not too popular in Buckeye land lol.

waterboy
10-02-2017, 10:41 AM
If only it were as simple as being able to 'get that back,' or just sprinkling in a little leadership and discipline here and there. The truth is, that's all part of that 'magic' or 'mojo' or 'voodoo' or whatever you want to call it. It's a culmination of years of building up a program, the excitement and newness that comes with that, the complete gelling of a coaching staff - it's visions, philosophies, styles, etc. - and the selling out and buying in of those ideals by every young man who puts on a jersey. It's the ownership all of that allows to trickle down to the young ones coming up in the system who just can't wait be a part of it all and want to carry the banner proudly in their four years, or push it to a new level. That magic leads to a lot of really, really fun years and some truly exceptional seasons that provide lifetime memories. But that magic, by it's very nature, is also the architect of its own demise. And when that magic down in the well runs dry, it's awfully hard to fill it back up again. You can have all the jimmy's and joe's you want, but you may not EVER get back to winning titles. It's a scary idea for programs that are used to being on top, but it is the harsh reality.

I guess if it were easy everybody would be doing it. You have a point there, but to be honest, we're good enough to beat anybody on any given night. We just have to eliminate the mistakes that have plagued this team. The program is still winning, still producing athletes, has more talent that 90% of the teams we play, and the youth are still coming up from peewee ball yearning to be playing on Friday nights for the Buckeye program. I don't think we will fall off as much as most teams would even with all the coaching changes that have happened. Our program will continue to play deep into the playoffs, and if we ever get the mistakes ironed out, we will be title contenders. The "potential" is there almost every year. They just don't appear to be hungry enough to put in the work that got the program where it is today. I know you can relate to that. I'm not ready to push this team under the bus yet, but I am disappointed in their underperforming when they are fully capable of truly contending.

waterboy
10-02-2017, 10:43 AM
What I coach is not too popular in Buckeye land lol.

Just what is it that you coach, coach? Underwater basket weaving? :D

d0tc0m
10-02-2017, 11:24 AM

Defense.

waterboy
10-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Defense.

:eek::mad::fnypost:

d0tc0m
10-02-2017, 11:57 AM
... I don't think we will fall off as much as most teams would even with all the coaching changes that have happened. Our program will continue to play deep into the playoffs, and if we ever get the mistakes ironed out, we will be title contenders. The "potential" is there almost every year. They just don't appear to be hungry enough to put in the work that got the program where it is today. I know you can relate to that. I'm not ready to push this team under the bus yet, but I am disappointed in their underperforming when they are fully capable of truly contending.

It depends on what you consider falling off. For a program like Gilmer, 'falling off' could be like what it was for Celina — not getting to the state championship game nine times in 14 seasons (winning 7 of those), including two separate occasions of reaching the title game four years in a row. It meant having to wait eight seasons between championship game appearances, longest such streak in my lifetime. It meant not adding any championship hardware to the trophy case since 2007 ... a streak we're still trying to break. But at the end of the day, a great portion of the teams in Texas would kill to have the kind of success Celina has had, even in its current title drought.

Look, I get it, you believe in your program, and you should. You have no reason not to. It'd be disappointing if you didn't support your school and program. And, at the end of the day, these are kids, playing a kids' game. You support them. You cheer for them. It's still fun. But everything you're describing about Gilmer is exactly what Celina went through. After nearly a 20-year magical run, there were some lean years for us orange-and-white folk. In fact, the 2009-13/14 run featured some of the leanest years for the Bobcats since I've been alive. And, oddly enough, those teams had some of the most electric individual talent/athletes and overall all-world team speed that Celina's ever had and maybe ever will have. We were still winning, sure. But that's it. We were just winning games. We weren't going deep. We weren't serious title contenders. There was nothing special about any of it, and it was hard to watch. What those teams in that window didn't have was senior leadership. What they didn't have was a core group that put the collective ahead of the individual. What those years didn't have was a fire inside the players that pushed them to win games they shouldn't win, or, quite frankly, to even reach potential/expectations. Those teams were complacent. They were trading on the success of the decade that came before them. They were riding the hopes that they could win games just by getting off the bus and putting on a jersey that said 'Celina' across the chest, because, that's the way the previous decade appeared to play out to them. And honestly, the coaching staff got complacent. They lost touch with the kids. They lost touch with how to speak to the kids, how to coach the kids, how to motivate them. They lost touch with how to adapt to more of a level playing field.

It took nearly a decade for that cycle to even appear to be breaking. Now, there's a revival of sorts happening for the Bobcats. The kids are hungry again. They're motivated. They're working hard. They're playing for each other again. The kids deserve a ton of credit. So does the rest of the community. And, the coaching staff won't get nearly the credit they deserve for the revival. But Coach Elliot has sparked a fire again for the orange and white. He's got one of the best staffs around him that Celina has ever assembled. That staff is having fun. They're all on the same page. They share the same vision again. And it's starting to trickle down. And maybe, just maybe, Celina is starting to refill the magic down in the well.

I say all that to simply point out the similarities I see between Gilmer's current state and the cycle Celina went through for a few years following it's magical two decades.

d0tc0m
10-02-2017, 12:06 PM
And, for the record ... I think Gilmer is still fine. I think they're still a legitimate title contender this year. It's not time to hit any kind of panic button, by any means. I'm just pointing out that, by the way you guys describe things, you're heading down a path that feels eerily familiar.

waterboy
10-02-2017, 12:52 PM
I truly hope that is not the case for us, d0tc0m. You could be right, though. I just think somebody, somewhere needs to light a fire under these boys, and let them know they STILL have to EARN wins. They don't just come by showing up.

buckeyebob
10-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Gilmer JV 22
Nacogdoches JV 0

By the way, did anybody watch G.J. Kinne's little brother, Landry, QB Denton last night against Ryan?

Nope...need a report...I understand that GJ is @ SMU

Aesculus gilmus
10-02-2017, 04:16 PM
I have never been to Gilmer before. It is a REALLY nice stadium. I hope to coach in that stadium again.

It's too nice, according to the voters. It's one of the main reasons we'll never build a new high school. I notice there's another special school board meeting tonight to discuss "facilities." I feel sorry for those board members. They could save a few dollars and fire the consultant who is coming up with the new plans for yet another election.

coach
10-03-2017, 07:14 AM

Haha. Sorta. I coach basketball.

waterboy
10-03-2017, 09:54 AM
It's too nice, according to the voters. It's one of the main reasons we'll never build a new high school. I notice there's another special school board meeting tonight to discuss "facilities." I feel sorry for those board members. They could save a few dollars and fire the consultant who is coming up with the new plans for yet another election.

Just who are you talking to to get this information? None of the people I talk to regularly feel this way. I think it's more of a trust issue than anything. Where did they get the money?

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2017, 10:40 AM
I get emails about it. Football, sadly, is not as popular in this community as we would like to think. You can sort of see that from the mass numbers of empty orange seats most Friday nights. Jeff Traylor used to curse even the concept of having orange seats. I always agreed with him.

I think our stadium renovation project was quite modest, actually, compared to what other schools have done.

coach
10-03-2017, 11:29 AM
OH and whoever made the cookies in the press box needs a pat on the back. They were damn good!